What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings week 4 (1 Viewer)

jandyt

Footballguy
QB:

I really like Luck, Cam, and Flacco this week.  If your really looking to save money Hoyer could be a interesting play if he starts again.  Lions secondary is very beatable.

RB:

Bell:  think he does very well although first week back scares me a bit

Howard: Very cheap and clear no1 RB against weak defense and has been involved in passing game.

Others; Miller, Gore, Blout although NE RBs scare me

WR:

Benjamin(Caro): think they really get back to him this week

Brown: 10+ receptions again and think he finds the endzone this week

John Brown is very cheap especially if Floyd doesn't play

Others S Smith, Pryor, Beasley all are cheap

TE;

Pitta clear no1 for me this week

Others; Ebron, Graham, Sims( very cheap)

Cousins, Alex Smith, Rivers seem like the chalk plays

I think it's a crapshoot at RB where a lot of them could be serviceable to almost great.  Blount looks nice, Crowell has a nice matchup just hoping they don't get down early, but he's been very solid so far.  Spencer Ware, Charles Sims both same price point with "tough" matchups on paper but the Steelers are out 5 starters on defense, and Philly basically took a dump on them last week with RB's involved all over the place (more so as pass catchers though).  You can run on Denver, so maybe that will scare some people off Sims.  Riddick and Dwayne Washinton nice matchup just depends on gameflow and which entry your in.  Probably Riddick in h2h, and Washington for gpp plays.  I think Washington gets a little more work after he looked good last week so he seems solid as a floor option as well, while Riddick is likely safer.  Matt Jones is sneaky because it's Cleveland, so if the real Browns show up and lay a clunker, then gameflow could help for Jones.  

The "studs" haven't really paid off so I think it's best to find value with clear targets ex. Marvin Jones.  I think you have to keep on the Marvin Jones train until he lays a clunker, still reasonably priced at 7300.  Tyrell Williams and Inman for gpps playing New Orleans is always nice.  Another week where paying up for WR's is probably not a good idea.  Fitzgerald, Kelvin Benjamin same price point and they're always involved (last week was an anomaly and I think they correct that.  12/9 targets the first 2 weeks).  Landry, Sanders, DT, Davante Parker, Wallace, Steve Smith, Marquis Lee all seem like decent plays and I just don't know where to put my money yet.  

TE's I like Jimmy Graham as a GPP option (if Russell plays), Reed/Olsen are strong plays but I'd rather find value just like WR's.  Witten @ SF, Pitta @ OAK, Ebron @ CHI, Tamme @ CAR, Julius Thomas @ IND.  Actually strike that, I think Olsen is the chalk play and maybe I'll pay up for him.  I've been riding Ebron for the first 3 weeks basically but it's time for a change ha.  

How about this one using the top 3 predicted Rbs for the week?

Flacco

Bell, Johnson

Marvin, Pryor, Beasley

Rudolph

Gordon

Houston

Any thoughts on AJ Green vs Landy and Hill vs Gio on Thursday night?

On my first pass I'm thinking Miami will be sub par after an overtime game and traveling for a Thursday game.  Therefore, advantage AJ Green against that secondary Pryor just lit up.  Also, a lead for the Bengals makes me think game flow should favor Hill.

Then, I think about Sanders lighting up that secondary last week and start to double think everything.  Some advice would be much appreciated.

At his price I think Hill is a good play this week, I think I have him no6 value in my RB projections.  Still worries me for cash because if game flow goes wrong his floor is very low.  Honestly haven't decided if I will use him at all in cash.  I also like Green this week over Landry.  Only high priced WR I like better is Brown.  He will definitely be in one of my two Thursday cash lineups.

Texans looked like the clear no1 DT this week but with Watt out for the year they take a big hit.
I think the Miami DT last week has scared me off of the "sure things" for a week or two. 

I wouldn't shy away from Minny this week at home.  Wash is in the same situation as Miami last week, and get the Browns at home.  For a cheaper option, I like a pissed off Pitt team at home.  Also, NE is better than anybody at shutting down a teams best couple options.  All Buffalo has is 1-2 decent options. 

There are a few guys that seem to be underpriced on DK this week:

Gore, Riddick, CJ Anderson

Marvin, T.Y., Edelman, D.Thomas, Diggs

Rudolph

I am sure my lineups will have a core of these guys. 

Early likes for this week, cash games.

QB – Rivers, Flacco, Newton

RB – Gordon, Bell, Jordon Howard, Hyde, Gore, D. Johnson

WR – Brown, M. Jones (need to keep playing him until he has a bad game), Hilton, Benjamin, D. Thomas

TE – Rudolph, Pitta, Henry, Olsen

I'm starting to put Bradford in a lot of my cash games.  He's at home, he's literally the cheapest possible option for a startable QB (5100, no starting QB is lower than that), and the Giants are down 2 starting CB's.  All of that, plus no AP, seems like a no brainer.  

I just can't bring myself to trust Bradford for cash.  Cheapest I am going for cash at Qb this week is Flacco.    Hoyer at min. price is interesting but not willing to trust him for cash either.

Went with AJ Green in one of two cash lineups tonight.  Considered Hill but decided his floor was too low for cash.  Didn't really look at anyone else in tonight's game although Landry was certainly playable.

Went with AJ Green in one of two cash lineups tonight.  Considered Hill but decided his floor was too low for cash.  Didn't really look at anyone else in tonight's game although Landry was certainly playable.
Someone in the other thread mentioned that the line for tonight moved up a couple points, so I threw a what the heck $1 gpp together with a Dalton/Green stack. 

Trying to decide between 2 cash lineups for the main slate.  Maybe I should run both?  They are identical except for these differences.  Which would you go with?

Team A:

Newton, Pitta, Crowder

Team B:

Cousins, Olsen, Howard

Team A has a significant QB advantage but Crowder is a little risky for cash.  It could be all DeSean this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
17seconds said:
Trying to decide between 2 cash lineups for the main slate.  Maybe I should run both?  They are identical except for these differences.  Which would you go with?

Team A:

Newton, Pitta, Crowder

Team B:

Cousins, Olsen, Howard

Team A has a significant QB advantage but Crowder is a little risky for cash.  It could be all DeSean this week.
I like team A better here.  I have little to no faith in Cousins anymore and Howard is a huge question mark.  He's a 5th round pick in a poor class, but with opportunity.  I'm not comfortable with that in a cash lineup.  Crowder has an awesome matchup, and has been coming on as of late, Newton is safe and Pitta is safe.  Less I'm worried about in A than B.

I agree for cash I like A better as I am just not comfortable with Cousins for cash.  I am ok with Howard as he is the clear no1 back and is involved in the passing game and is very cheap. 

Thanks I ended up putting both of them in but I still have some HU to enter so I'll do a lot more shares of A.  Good point that A is safer.

Opinions on this cash lineup?

Bradford

David Johnson, Crowell

Larry Fitz, Marvin Jones, Diggs

Rudolph

Blount

Patriots

I might sub out Blount for Charles Sims and change my TE to Hunter Henry.  That's 1 option.  2nd option I've been consider is subbing Sims for David Johnson and KB for Blount.  

Opinions on this cash lineup?

Bradford

David Johnson, Crowell

Larry Fitz, Marvin Jones, Diggs

Rudolph

Blount

Patriots

I might sub out Blount for Charles Sims and change my TE to Hunter Henry.  That's 1 option.  2nd option I've been consider is subbing Sims for David Johnson and KB for Blount.  
Way too much Minn. for cash

Personally I don't trust Bradford for cash although I know some are very high on him this week.  I still see him as more of a GPP play.

I agree for cash I like A better as I am just not comfortable with Cousins for cash.  I am ok with Howard as he is the clear no1 back and is involved in the passing game and is very cheap. 
I was right that Howard was fine for cash but B was way better than A.  Sorry.  Cam and Pitta huge disappointments this week and Chowder also did poorly although I didn't use him instead used Beasley who wasn't great either.

Users who are viewing this thread