What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rodgers owners- who are we streaming? Week 4 Bye (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Week 4 and the bye's have begun.  Who are you rolling with at QB this week Rodgers owners?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta roll with Flacco at home w the Raiders. Might be a decent number. Simien and Prescott sit on the wire but offer risk. Need to see more from Simien and Prescott has potential but I am wary of an upset. I think I just need a decent number - 250 maybe 2 TDs. Hoping for a shootout w the Raiders. Flacco did not look sharp in the 4th quarter of the JAX game but I like the MU.

Early FBG rankings (Tremblay) have Flacco 5th.

I liked Bradford at home MNF vs Giants but he's low on the list.  I'll wait for Dodds and compare.

I'm going with Dalton.  It's against the dolphins and I'm still a little scared.  Should be ok though. 

I wanted Dak, but someone scooped him before me. Now I'm looking at Tyrod (I already have), Alex Smith, Flacco and Siemen from FA

There is no upside with Smith
Idk, I could see the Steelers coming out pissed after this weekend and putting up a ton of points, especially with Leveon back. Could open up a lot of room for garbage time points. As of now, I think I'm leaning towards picking up Flacco.  :X

Idk, I could see the Steelers coming out pissed after this weekend and putting up a ton of points, especially with Leveon back. Could open up a lot of room for garbage time points. As of now, I think I'm leaning towards picking up Flacco.  :X
I hear you.  I just can't stand the way Alex Smith plays.  Awful to watch 

I hear you.  I just can't stand the way Alex Smith plays.  Awful to watch 
Definitely not a fan either. Would hate to have to start either him or Flacco, but it is looking likely unfortunately. I'm planning to make a move for Winston after these next 2 games (DEN, CAR) and hoping his owner will be frustrated with 2 not so great performances. The rest of his schedule is cake other than 2 games, and the playoff schedule is incredible. Luckily, the rest of my team is good so I'm 2-1 even with two 5 point performances between Mariota and Tyrod. 

Definitely not a fan either. Would hate to have to start either him or Flacco, but it is looking likely unfortunately. I'm planning to make a move for Winston after these next 2 games (DEN, CAR) and hoping his owner will be frustrated with 2 not so great performances. The rest of his schedule is cake other than 2 games, and the playoff schedule is incredible. Luckily, the rest of my team is good so I'm 2-1 even with two 5 point performances between Mariota and Tyrod. 
I understand the inconsistency with Flacco but he has a great matchup this week.  I realize that doesn't always produce points like expected, but Oakland is ranked last in passing defense giving up 340 yards a game.  They also have an offense that can produce points so they should keep the game competitively.  Additionally, they are a west coast team traveling east which always has the potential for impact their play. 

I understand the inconsistency with Flacco but he has a great matchup this week.  I realize that doesn't always produce points like expected, but Oakland is ranked last in passing defense giving up 340 yards a game.  They also have an offense that can produce points so they should keep the game competitively.  Additionally, they are a west coast team traveling east which always has the potential for impact their play. 
I agree, I love his matchup, I'm just not a fan of Flacco in general. I also got burned starting Mariota against these same Raiders last week. 

With Dez likely out I'm reconsidering on Dak and thinking about going with Hoyer  ( :bag: ).

Detroit has allowed almost 30ppg to fantasy QBs, I believe only ATL is worse. CHI defense is pretty terrible, have allowed at least 23 points every week so far. I'm already starting Z. Miller at TE.

But, Hoyer.

If Cousins is available he's #1, right?
Yes, I believe he is. Cousins went to someone with a higher waiver priority in my league, so looking at either Siemian (on the wire) or just trotting out Winston from my bench. I hate Winston's matchup, and the other side looks much jucier (Broncos as a top 5 pass D vs the leaky sieve of the TB secondary and a frontline that hasn't generated many sacks).

But to grab Siemian, will need to drop some lottery ticket like Dixon or Starks, and not sure I'm willing to do that to risk a) not getting Winston back in next waiver period and b) suppressing my chance to trade up for a better WR using my RB depth.

Tough decision, leaning towards holding what I've got in Winston, who I think may actually be startable over Rodgers in matchups down the road.

Now that is looks like Grappolo is starting, I have to decide between him and Siemian.   I like Jimmy's talent and the scheme more but that shoulder still worries me a little 

I picked up Siemian and am rolling with him - none of the guys some have listed are available in my twelve team keeper league but it does have deeper rosters.

My top three options..

Cousins - I have to imagine that he has to be the #1 option if available. The team throws a #### ton and the match-up is nice.

Flacco - He's been lukewarm so far this year but again the team throws a #### ton and the match-up is nice.

Hoyer - CHI's defense is ####, DET can and will move the ball and is the best possible match-up for QBs. Case Keenum was able to put up numbers vs. them. I'm expecting something along the lines of 300/2/2. However, if Jeffery doesn't play knock him down.

I also looked at Siemian, Dak, Smith, Tyrod and didn't really feel confident enough in any of them. In no particular order..

Siemian - I'm staying away because Kubiak doesn't actually want Siemian dropping back to pass 40 times a game. TB matches up vs. DEN similarly to how CIN did (better rush than pass defense, may dare Siemian to beat them) but I don't trust him yet. The defense is too good and DEN is too willing to lean on CJA.

Dak - I was going to stream him vs. SF before the Dez news. I just think Dez's presence on the field helps Dak out more than we realize. I don't like his floor.

Smith - I like the match-up but the fact is that Smith has looked like utter #### in weeks 2 and 3. How can I roll with this guy?

Tyrod - No Sammy hurts and his floor/NE scares me. I could see him having a good game though (was up and down vs. NE last year).

Last edited by a moderator:
Im'm rolling the dice with Smith. Pittsburgh has been awful on defense and several key defenders are inured.

potential shootout.

Now that is looks like Grappolo is starting, I have to decide between him and Siemian.   I like Jimmy's talent and the scheme more but that shoulder still worries me a little 
Not a Rodgers owner, but with Winston facing Denver, I'm thinking about streaming this week and facing the same dilemma.

With Jimmy G, the big worry is that they play it safe to make sure he doesn't injure his shoulder any further. That plus game flow (I'm sure BB would like nothing better than to just hand it to Blount a bunch of times) makes me wary.

I could have gotten Flacco, but I feel like he's still living off his SoS hype. At the beginning of the year, everyone was like, "Wow, Flacco has such an easy schedule to start the year. He's a great streaming option!" And yet he's been pretty mediocre the first three weeks, which is largely in line with his career performance. At what point is the excitement about Flacco based on what he's actually done on the field?

Siemean is obviously a crapshoot, too. But when he played Cinci last week, they stacked the box and dared him to beat them through the air. He threw for four TDs. This week he's facing Tampa, which also has a great run D and terrible pass D, and just gave up 36 points to Case Keenum. I feel like he's the safest option.

Not a Rodgers owner, but with Winston facing Denver, I'm thinking about streaming this week and facing the same dilemma.

With Jimmy G, the big worry is that they play it safe to make sure he doesn't injure his shoulder any further. That plus game flow (I'm sure BB would like nothing better than to just hand it to Blount a bunch of times) makes me wary.

I could have gotten Flacco, but I feel like he's still living off his SoS hype. At the beginning of the year, everyone was like, "Wow, Flacco has such an easy schedule to start the year. He's a great streaming option!" And yet he's been pretty mediocre the first three weeks, which is largely in line with his career performance. At what point is the excitement about Flacco based on what he's actually done on the field?

Siemean is obviously a crapshoot, too. But when he played Cinci last week, they stacked the box and dared him to beat them through the air. He threw for four TDs. This week he's facing Tampa, which also has a great run D and terrible pass D, and just gave up 36 points to Case Keenum. I feel like he's the safest option.
Agree with a lot of what you have written.  I own Manning in a few leagues and am starting Flacco in one and probably Siemean in the other.  I actually think Flacco has most upside but I agree that doesn't mean he will fulfill it.  

Users who are viewing this thread