What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming DLs (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
So I'm obviously in an IDP league, and up until this week I've always had JJ Watt as one of my two starting DLs.  I've typically "streamed" my 2nd DL - trying to pick up a guy playing an oft sacked QB that week, as it's pretty sack heavy scoring.  This week, I'll have to do that with both of my DLs.

Anyway, this week I'm kinda at a loss for the DLs to pick up.  Dalton and Cam seem to be the most often sacked.  Cincinnati is playing Miami, and Carolina is playing Atlanta.  No Atlanta Dl has more than 1 sack, and Suh is owned already for Miami.  Should I roll with both Mario Williams and Jason Jones in Miami hoping at least one of them steals a sack?  Any other suggestions?

I would pick up Danielle Hunter if he is available.  That guy is incredible even with a minimal snap count (but it is increasing each week). 

It's tough to give you DL streamers without really knowing who is available to choose from.  As far as the Miami duo, I haven't been impressed with them to this point.  I wouldn't go with both of them.  I would rather give my self a chance to have two guys blow up. 

I would pick up Danielle Hunter if he is available.  That guy is incredible even with a minimal snap count (but it is increasing each week). 

It's tough to give you DL streamers without really knowing who is available to choose from.  As far as the Miami duo, I haven't been impressed with them to this point.  I wouldn't go with both of them.  I would rather give my self a chance to have two guys blow up. 
I didn't want to list all the DL guys currently rostered, but I could.  It's a 10 team league, and when I traded away Watt last night as the news was breaking, I didn't have a single DL on my roster.  D Hunter was actually picked up after his week 1 blowup, and currently there are 30 DLs rostered in the league (including Bosa and Butler both on a team's "practice squad"). 

Just hit me that Miami plays Thursday, and we run waivers Wednesday morning (I got Jason Jones) and not again till Saturday....so I can't get Mario anyway.  Right now my waiver order is Cameron Heyward and then Geno Atkins. 

I didn't want to list all the DL guys currently rostered, but I could.  It's a 10 team league, and when I traded away Watt last night as the news was breaking, I didn't have a single DL on my roster.  D Hunter was actually picked up after his week 1 blowup, and currently there are 30 DLs rostered in the league (including Bosa and Butler both on a team's "practice squad"). 

Just hit me that Miami plays Thursday, and we run waivers Wednesday morning (I got Jason Jones) and not again till Saturday....so I can't get Mario anyway.  Right now my waiver order is Cameron Heyward and then Geno Atkins. 
list or link the top 20 or so if you want

list or link the top 20 or so if you want
Currently rostered DLs...

Clark, F; Dunlap, C; Taylor, D; Baker, C; Graham, B; Bucker, D; Hunter, D; Liuget, C; JPP; Joseph, L; Short, K; Ansah, E; Mack, K; Sheard, J; Vernon, O; Wilkerson, Bennett, M; Bosa, J; Long, C; Quinn, R; Suh, N; Fowler, D; Watt; James Jones by me; Donald, A; Cambell, C; Williams, L; Cox, F; Griffen, E; Jordan, C

Currently I only have rostered Jason Jones, and will start him in tomorrow night's game.  I'll need one other one going either Sunday or Monday.

Currently rostered DLs...

Clark, F; Dunlap, C; Taylor, D; Baker, C; Graham, B; Bucker, D; Hunter, D; Liuget, C; JPP; Joseph, L; Short, K; Ansah, E; Mack, K; Sheard, J; Vernon, O; Wilkerson, Bennett, M; Bosa, J; Long, C; Quinn, R; Suh, N; Fowler, D; Watt; James Jones by me; Donald, A; Cambell, C; Williams, L; Cox, F; Griffen, E; Jordan, C

Currently I only have rostered Jason Jones, and will start him in tomorrow night's game.  I'll need one other one going either Sunday or Monday.
Jernigan? Wolfe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jernigan? Wolfe?
Both available!  As is Heyward.  In a sack heavy league, how would you line those 4 up in waiver order? 

Heyward plays Chiefs, Wolfe plays Tampa Bay, and Jernigan plays Raiders.  I have all 3 as waiver claims, just honing down the order.

In no particular order:

Kerry Hyder (Det)

Tyrone Crawford (Dal)

Timmy Jernigan (Bal)

Gerald McCoy (TB)

Both available!  As is Heyward.  In a sack heavy league, how would you line those 4 up in waiver order? 

Heyward plays Chiefs, Wolfe plays Tampa Bay, and Jernigan plays Raiders.  I have all 3 as waiver claims, just honing down the order.
For big play I would go with Hyder going against the Bears.

Many of these guys had good games....Hyder & Crawford each had a sack and Wolfe and Cameron Heyward each had multiple sacks.  Jernigan was the dud and McCoy got hurt.

So who gets some sacks this week?

Jurrell Casey vs Indy (who gives up the most sacks)

Michael Johnson vs Cleveland (who's second)

Kyle Williams (vs Miami I think)

Derek Wolfe (vs Texans, didn't see him on the field much last week, what's up with that?)

Sheldon Richardson (vs Ravens, and what's with him playing LB some snaps)

Cliff Avril (vs Cardinals, and maybe a backup QB?)

I would put them in this order from most to least likely:

1. Casey - Ind is terrible
  2. Wolfe - motor is never ending and Broncos will want to make a statement to Brock...plus bonus for MNF to give you a last chance for the week
  3. Richardson - not sure about the sack but a nice floor with tackles and the sack puts it over the top
  4. Avril - Bennett being out could hurt him some or he steps up.  Palmer can't move much and Iaputi may be out
  5. Johnson - had to put him somewhere
  6. Williams - someone had to be 6th

so I went with Richardson and Avril.  Saved my season.  Who are your under the radar week 8 DLs?

so I went with Richardson and Avril.  Saved my season.  Who are your under the radar week 8 DLs?
  • I like Danielle Hunter this week on MNF against the Bears.  His snap count is still somewhat low but he is generally in a plays that he can do some damage.  I like him for a sack or two.  Also speaking of Minny vs Chicago I think Linval Joseph will be a nice play too - especially in DT required leagues.
  • Adrian Clayborn is also making some noise with the rise of Vic Beasley.  I am guessing Beasley starts to get some more attention which might lead to Clayborn getting some nice 1-1 matchups.  He does have a tougher matchup with Rodgers for this week but there should be plenty of drop back opportunities.
  • Cliff Avril would be a stay away for me this week as he is going against Brees and he always gets rid of the ball quickly to avoid sacks. 
  • Ziggy Ansah is back and working himself into shape.  He might be off some radars due to injury but I think he gets back on the sack board this week vs Houston.

Users who are viewing this thread