What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleeper WR play of the week (1 Viewer)

GreedoShotFirst

Footballguy
Mr. Sammie Coates. With Bell back KC will be forced to focus on stopping him. Peters will follow Antonio. I'm calling 8 targets for Coates. He pulls in 6 for just over 100 yards and a TD.

could be...Eli Rogers probably not going to play and Wheaton had a couple drops Sunday.

Coates having a good day doesn't automatically mean AB will have a bad game

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious. DeAngelo seemed to do just fine last year and this year. What changes because Bell is back? Coates might have a decent week, but I don't see Bell being a reason for that.

Steve Smith Sr. - started warming up a little last week and going against the Raiders. Wallace may get the focus on D leaving Smith Sr. getting some chances. Lots of criticism on Flacco for not finding the end zone as well. 

Dr. Brew said:
Ummm... DeAngelo can watch Bell from the sidelines. That's what changes. Said so himself: 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000705687/article/deangelo-williams-im-just-an-insurance-policy-for-bell

"I am an insurance policy," Williams said. "I'm driving the car till L-Bell gets back. I'm trying to keep us in good position till he gets back. That's good with me."
My point was that Williams did fine in place of Bell and defenses will not make dramatic changes because Bell is back compared to Willimas. The OP was about Coates having a huge week because KC will have to change their defense because of Bell.

Peters can't hold ABs jock strap

You're assuming PIT will be throwing the ball a lot, in a shoot out with KC. I highly doubt it. PIT will likely get up by 3 scores in the first half and coast in the second half to a win. Honestly I see more likely a huge game from Bell rather than a 35 to 32 game forcing PIT to throw like crazy. AB will get his, probably over 10 catches. Coates should see a healthy 8 targets for 5/50-75/0

My point was that Williams did fine in place of Bell and defenses will not make dramatic changes because Bell is back compared to Willimas. The OP was about Coates having a huge week because KC will have to change their defense because of Bell.
Yep. Got it. Which is why I deleted it

Regardless of how well Williams plays, I'm guessing the opposing team game plans a little differently when Bell is the starter.

Quincy Enunwa - JMarshall is out, Decker has a bad shoulder, and BMarshall is nursing a bum knee.  There is no TE to speak of.  He should see double digit targets albeit against the Seahawks.

Anquan Boldin: he will be getting a ton of rz targets and Chicago is looking porous af.

Marquise Goodwin: look out for this speedster. He will make a couple long gains, the defense will not be paying attention. He is more of the home run type receiver. 

Dr. Brew said:
Honestly, a better sleeper play WR of the week is Cole Beasley

Mookie said:
Quincy Enunwa - JMarshall is out, Decker has a bad shoulder, and BMarshall is nursing a bum knee.  There is no TE to speak of.  He should see double digit targets albeit against the Seahawks.

Tyrell Williams. BOOM.
You guys have a different definition of sleeper than me. Enunwa & Beasley have 25 targets through 3 games and Williams has 15 in the last 2 games. The cat is out of the bag on those guys.

You guys have a different definition of sleeper than me. Enunwa & Beasley have 25 targets through 3 games and Williams has 15 in the last 2 games. The cat is out of the bag on those guys.
Both are on my WW... Along with Coates. Beasley is owned in 32% of yahoo leagues, Enunwa 30%. So there is a good chance you can pick up a WR that can get you WR2 or even WR1 numbers this week. off the WW. Sammie Coates... I really don't think he's going to have that ceiling. Like I said, a healthy 5/70 is what I expect, whcih belongs on my bench TBH. Beasley I kind of expect 8 receptions this week. He's averaging 10.7 yards per catch which would put him at very good WR2 numbers without a TD. 

Both are on my WW... Along with Coates. Beasley is owned in 32% of yahoo leagues, Enunwa 30%. So there is a good chance you can pick up a WR that can get you WR2 or even WR1 numbers this week. off the WW. Sammie Coates... I really don't think he's going to have that ceiling. Like I said, a healthy 5/70 is what I expect, whcih belongs on my bench TBH. Beasley I kind of expect 8 receptions this week. He's averaging 10.7 yards per catch which would put him at very good WR2 numbers without a TD. 
Wow. Yeah, I guess I'm used to deep leagues with extra flex spots. Those 3 guys are not only on rosters but were already in lineups week 3.

Wow. Yeah, I guess I'm used to deep leagues with extra flex spots. Those 3 guys are not only on rosters but were already in lineups week 3.
Only 5 bench in my league. 9 starters including K/Def so benches are kind of tight. For now guys are still holding onto their draft day lotto picks but as bye weeks come a lot of these guys will be rostered. I'm hoping I can survive one more week and grab Beasley next week. Might have to pay a bit for him but that's okay. Enunwa was picked up off WW this week and dropped for Crowder FWIW. Had my eye on both for a long time, just injuries and suspensions put me short handed, and now byes coming. 

Not sure I fully understand what we are going for in this thread based on the mixed bag of talent I see, but here is a deep sleeper:

Ricardo Louis.  Going against a very banged up Washington secondary.  Pryor will draw Norman most likely.  Kessler will have to throw in this game.  Barnidge probably gets force fed, but I can see Louis having a decent game.  Only use as a deep sleeper if in a real bind, but could pay offf.

Only 5 bench in my league. 9 starters including K/Def so benches are kind of tight. For now guys are still holding onto their draft day lotto picks but as bye weeks come a lot of these guys will be rostered. I'm hoping I can survive one more week and grab Beasley next week. Might have to pay a bit for him but that's okay. Enunwa was picked up off WW this week and dropped for Crowder FWIW. Had my eye on both for a long time, just injuries and suspensions put me short handed, and now byes coming. 
Oh man, more power to you, but those leagues drive me crazy. It just grinds my gears when someone I'm matched up against is starting 2 decent guys he picked up as FAs Sunday morning...

Yeah, when  posted a response I was thinking in terms of the large leagues I used to play in and I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no way Tyrell was on a waiver wire and probably 80% chance Beasley wasn't.  On the other hand, Brice is almost certainly available anywhere you want him and could be a sleeper in a sense truer to what we used to define it as. 

Users who are viewing this thread