What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Would You Drop? ~~WHIR~~ (1 Viewer)

ATB

Footballguy
Here's my team right now:

QB: Dak, Brady

RB: Bell, McKinnon, MJones, DwWash, JHoward, DHenry (had to drop ADP)

WR: Evans, Benjamin, DT, Watkins, Gordon

TE: Pitta, Hunter Henry

D/ST: KC

K: none

Standard scoring, non-ppr

Last night, I dropped my kicker for Jordan Howard and, this morning, I realized someone dropped Eifert.  I'm obviously weak at TE so I desperately want Eifert.  What I'll do is drop Hunter Henry for him (if he makes it to the last WW position)... but I'm still without a kicker so, before Sunday, I'll have to drop someone else to pickup a kicker. 

So... who would you drop? Leave a link and WHIR...

ETA: Dropped Hunter Henry for EIFERT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like DHenry as a stash option but he brings the least value here and you would still have a chance of getting him back later. Drop him.

I do like DHenry as a stash option but he brings the least value here and you would still have a chance of getting him back later. Drop him.

disagree, henry has RB1 potential if murray gets hurt.  Dwyne washington right now is not a startable commodity.  I'd drop washington.

iamkoza said:
disagree, henry has RB1 potential if murray gets hurt.  Dwyne washington right now is not a startable commodity.  I'd drop washington.
But isn't DWash already in a position to earn that RB1 potential? Whereas Henry is like a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?

UPDATE: I was able to get Eifert! Holy ####. So now I really do have to drop one of these guys... or propose a trade, I guess...

It's between Henry & Washington for me. I lean towards keeping Washington and dropping Henry for now.
What if I try trading Henry to the Murray owner? Only prob with that is that it doesn't free up my bench space...

I could trade Henry + Watkins (since he hasn't proven he can even play this year) for one of these:

Dez

KBenjamin

Crowell

Coleman

Olsen

Gronk

But isn't DWash already in a position to earn that RB1 potential? Whereas Henry is like a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?
unless theo riddick gets hurt you have a TD dependant RB who will get around 10-12 carries each week with minimal passing game chances.... whereas henry you have the potential to a get a 20 touch RB who appears to be a high quality talent

unless theo riddick gets hurt you have a TD dependant RB who will get around 10-12 carries each week with minimal passing game chances.... whereas henry you have the potential to a get a 20 touch RB who appears to be a high quality talent
Think Henry + Watkins is fair for Gronk?

Wow, I'm not sure. If you would've done it a week or two ago, I would've said yes but with Gronk getting healthy and Brady coming back next week, that is going to be a tougher sell. You could try it but I would throw in Eifert and discuss his scheduled return next week.

Wow, I'm not sure. If you would've done it a week or two ago, I would've said yes but with Gronk getting healthy and Brady coming back next week, that is going to be a tougher sell. You could try it but I would throw in Eifert and discuss his scheduled return next week.
So Henry + Eifert or also Watkins? And just Gronk or add another player to that?

Your biggest issue is outside of Bell you have some RB with potential but they are what I would call junk starters.  I would try to bundle them up in some deals for an upgrade somewhere.  You could also afford to now move Pitta on Hunter Henry in a bundle deal for a TE needy team.  You have some obstacles in having to wait for Brady (can't drop Dak yet) and waiting for Gordon.  I think your lest valuable pieces are your junk starter RB.

Bout to do it. ####, I hate trading but also love it. 

Henry + Eifert for Gronk? 

Yes/No

UPDATE: Guy declined the trade and didn't come back with a counter-offer.  Guess he doesn't want Henry?

I would drop Watkins.  Sounds crazy but he is not going to be healthy all season and there is no telling when he is going to be.  I was listening to a podcast recently (may have been FootballGuys, I can't recall) and dropping Watkins was a topic discussed.  If you are rather confident that Watkins will not contribute to your team this season (which I agree with) then dropping him will create a HUGE faab war among the other owners (assuming you use faab).  It's a win-win for you bc you get the guy that you want off of waivers and you send a guy to waivers that is going to make someone in your league go faab broke and tie up one of their roster spots.

Users who are viewing this thread