spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

4,844 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Buckna said:

You should always trade a top 1~5ish pick in a dynasty startup. Those top picks demand a fortune in trade value that as long as you don’t blow the picks, you should have a huge advantage over the rest of the league. That’s one of the reason’s I never do snake draft startups anymore, only will consider auction.

I disagree personally.  I find that in startup trades once you actually plug the players into the deal the team trading up usually comes out ahead.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
2 people like this

2 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

This whole designation of starters, slot, outside is a stupid conversation.  All that matters in targets and, to a smaller extent, where those targets occur.  I don't care if the guy lines up 6 yards off the LOS a foot from the out of bounds line (which incidentally isn't legal), if he's catching 7/90/1 regularly I want him on my team.

And this was my point. Miller fans want to get excited about the title of "starter" while it's only a half truth. If you are only on the field for 3WR sets, how many targets are you going to get? It'll take a small miracle for him to approach 100 targets. 

However I disagree about outside vs. slot being important, because like you said, where those targets occur matter. Slot receivers tend to have lower YPR and lower TD rates. 

53 minutes ago, NeverEnough said:

Anyone seeing Pryor having any value as a Jet or was last year exactly what he is?

I'm not sure he even makes the team.

I'm already heavily invested in this years rookie crop with 3 top 15 picks.  Have a chance to acquire a few more picks.  To me there is less difference between pick 2 and 15 than I've ever seen.  Whats the consensus, is it because this class is so crappy or just deep talent.

Are guys like Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, DJ Moore, etc in the conversation for picks 3-6 if this was next year?