Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Any Gronk deals happen lately? I'd like to finally move on from him

I'm speaking as a guy that has 95% comfortability with what I have at TE in my leagues.  I wouldn't offer anything more than a late 2nd.  I count 7 TE's that I have rated higher, and another  3-5 more that would be questionable.  Getting anything might be considered a win for Gronk owners.  He has never been a guy I would want to buy and I have never owned him.

• Like 1

Aging WRs, what is anyone paying for or selling off AB, Julio, and/or AJ Green for? 

Getting older at WR but have a steady pipeline of MT, Cooper, DJ Moore, Evans, Corey Davis behind them.  Would you package two for Juju or any other younger WRs? Doubt Hopkins/OBJ would work.  Hill? 

7 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Yes last week sent Gronk and my late 2020 first for his 3.2 this year and 2020 First (top 3-5 overall) pretty confident. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Aging WRs, what is anyone paying for or selling off AB, Julio, and/or AJ Green for? 

Getting older at WR but have a steady pipeline of MT, Cooper, DJ Moore, Evans, Corey Davis behind them.  Would you package two for Juju or any other younger WRs? Doubt Hopkins/OBJ would work.  Hill? 

I packaged Julio and Dalvin Cook for Hill in a 0.5PPR.  Overall the board was pretty split on it.  

Edited by Andrew74
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

I posted in the trade thread but I just moved Julio for Mahomes and a 2nd. I need a QB and I *think* I'm ready to move on from Julio. Still own him in a couple other spots. I know I want Mahomes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I‘d be shoked if you can get more thatn a random 3rd. IMO there’s a good chance he might retire after this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was offered Gronk and two 2nds for Kittle. In the offer he said he could add a player. But I'm just not interested. It is TE premium, if that means much. I have Gronk in two other leagues. That's two more than I want right now.

22 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I was offered Gronk and two 2nds for Kittle. In the offer he said he could add a player. But I'm just not interested. It is TE premium, if that means much. I have Gronk in two other leagues. That's two more than I want right now.

yup.  i'd need a lot more for Kittle.  Gronk is basically a throw in at this point.  Kittle >>>>> than (2) 2nds.

40 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

yup.  i'd need a lot more for Kittle.  Gronk is basically a throw in at this point.  Kittle >>>>> than (2) 2nds.

I want Kittle but that price tag maybe too high.

Tex

• Like 1

I dropped Kittle his rookie year half way through the season in the FFPC...........brutal

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, hispeedthinmint said:

Probably a good idea to move on from him if you can because at this point I would phrase the chance he retires as more likely then not. And if he pops off some good postseason games that would not make me change course as much as I'd view it as he created a nice window to move him.

I've not done an offseason trade yet but I did trade Gronk near my trade deadline which was week 11, but he was part of a package. This is also a TE premium league, FFPC scoring.

I had a team that is is getting a bit old that had a down year and was not going to make the playoffs so I had a goal of moving Gronk and Julio,  most especially Gronk. I had got an offer for Gronk about a month before for a 2019 first from a team that at the time was a playoff team and I felt my team was still a contender so I turned it down. I first went back to that team to try to get what now looked like possible non playoff first round pick(and this league is draft playoff so non playoff is potentially pick 1) but after a few days of the offer being open they never responded  but fair to point out in a TE premium league in a fairly weak draft  I was willing to give up Gronk for what at the time was pick 6 before factoring in that team would need to be motivated to do well in draft playoffs and improve my pick. But again the team never responded and I was getting down trade deadline so moved to next goal.

I then got to looking at going after currently IR'ed young players on contending teams so went after Kupp. I made a big offer and got back counter of Kupp and a projected late first for Julio but for me to that deal I needed to turn Gronk into OJ Howard. That's what I essentially ended up doing,  dealing Julio and Gronk for Kupp, Howard and a projected late first, which ended up being pick 10. Also key to note when I made this trade Howard was healthy, he got hurt the next game but I was not a playoff contender so no big deal to me.

I posted this trade in the trade thread and got one response which seemed to indicate I got bad value and that my league mates must have not been happy to see this trade go down. All I know is I'd happily do this trade again today and also despite Julio performing well not sure it made up for Gronk's duds, trade might have hurt that team more then it helped.

Edited by menobrown

21 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

In my $325 cap IDP league, I sent AB plus a mid 1st for JuJu just before the week 17 debacle.  Cap plays a bit of a role, as AB was $45 and got JuJu at $5, but there's an idea.

5 hours ago, Dez said:

I dropped Kittle his rookie year half way through the season in the FFPC...........brutal

Oh my!

Tex

5 hours ago, Dez said:

I feel your pain.  I did the same thing in FFPC after week 2 last year (at the same time I dropped the Jags' defense).

I'm too scared to go back and look at who I dropped him for.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:18 PM, Zyphros said:

Mostly I'm just being stubborn on him.  I hadn't seen a play of his during the season and before the draft even happened and I was doing my own "scouting", I watched 2 games of his and immediately wrote down "DO NOT DRAFT".  I don't remember what it was exactly but he rubbed me the wrong way so I removed him.  He definitely has value right now though as a possible #1, although I doubt it.  That locker room is poised to draft a WR this year, maybe 2, and that whole room is shaken up.  Pettis might be the only one I have some confidence in with an ability to compete for starting snaps, but a lot is up in the air.  

With them probably moving on from a 33 year old Garcon, I agree the organization is due for a talent infusion of some kind at the position, but despite a few notable cases, rookie WRs tend to take a year to develop and the bust rate is not insignificant. So if they were to draft a wide receiver it wouldn't ruin Pettis' value in my eyes, although a 1st round pick would be worrisome since they are drafting 1.04. A second round pick would be on par with Pettis' draft stock (they traded up to 2.12 to draft him). 

But you're not alone in your talent evaluation. I remember Matt Harmon was lukewarm on him in his reception perception.

The main concern is if the Steelers are serious about trading AB. I don't see how it could happen with the way signing bonuses get accelerated with trades and them being up against the cap, but if they find a way, I could see SF being a prime candidate.

Strangely, there are people on Reddit convinced Goodwin is going to be the WR1 next year.

Sup guys, I'm in a Te premium (1ppr vs .5 ppr for rb and wrs) I've been getting alot of feelers sent to me about chris Herndon.  I'm not really sure where to value as I didnt see him play much and I know he has a lot of upside still. In weak at wr and strong at te. Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, bmsarvis said:

Sup guys, I'm in a Te premium (1ppr vs .5 ppr for rb and wrs) I've been getting alot of feelers sent to me about chris Herndon.  I'm not really sure where to value as I didnt see him play much and I know he has a lot of upside still. In weak at wr and strong at te. Any thoughts?

DLF has him at the #18 overall dyno TE, i think that is about the right range at the moment, but I see his value trending higher.

In this case im not sure the TE premium is that much of a factor unless he gets more volume, which might happen. He was clearly more than a RZ guy, and the trust seemed to be there from Darnold, I really like the kid moving forward. Honestly., depending on the offer, you may consider moving a guy you currently have viewed as ahead of him and hang onto him.

In the league I own him, I would be wanting a pretty high 2nd for him. But in that particular league, it is 1.5 ppr and he is arguably my TE2 after injuries.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I feel your pain.  I did the same thing in FFPC after week 2 last year (at the same time I dropped the Jags' defense).

I'm too scared to go back and look at who I dropped him for.

If someone had knocked you in the head and put you out of commission for a few days prior to week 2 waivers last year you'd not even realize the great favor they just did you.

I did not cut Kittle, kind of worse. FFPC league in late training camp I dealt Kittle AND a third round pick for Joe Williams.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bmsarvis said:

I can't tell you his value but  I can relay a trade offer I got for him last week in a FFPC league.

Was offered Edelman and 2.3.

4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I can't tell you his value but  I can relay a trade offer I got for him last week in a FFPC league.

I'm surprised you got an offer like that honestly.  He showed pretty well as a rookie this year, only going to grow more with Darnold and him together but he doesn't exactly pop off the page.  That offer seems high for a guy like that.  Herndon doesn't seem like anything more than a backup fantasy TE, and since he's not top tier, he's barely worth a whole lot.  That goes for anyone after ~TE6, it's a pick your poison type of deal after that.  You might have a favorite or two but they aren't worth much.  You're probably looking around ADP 80-100 I'd guess.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Did you take the deal?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, JackReacher said:

Did you take the deal?

No but I found it highly credible and told the offering team I would be ready right now to give Herndon and either 2.9 or Herndon and my 2020#2 for a 2020#1 instead of Edelman and the 2.3  but otherwise we should check back with each other after the playoffs.  While the chances are slim of an Edelman injury it's still a chance and at his age an ACL injury could kill off his value, which might be a one year type thing as is.

This team of mine has Gronk, who I think will retire, but even if he does  and I dealt Herndon I'd still have the Colts Ebron/Doyle duo and with picks at 1, 9, 15 and 21 in a TE loaded draft I'd for sure be able to add another one but I still  wanted to see if I could get some clarity on Gronk.

Also my team's thinnest position is WR and when I turned down the trade last week I knew it was a strong looking TE class, but more I examine it I think it's even stronger then I anticipated a week ago,  so in theory a chance to draft a similar TE prospect with the 2.3 pick.

So saying all that if I opt to do the deal later and that owner has changed their mind I fully realize I might have made a mistake, maybe even likely. If I did it's got less to do with what I was offered, more to do with wanting to use every non essential valued type assets I have for 2020 first round picks, especially picks that have a chance to be non playoff teams.  When I turned down the trade what I really hoped would happen was they'd be interested in my offer for the 2020 first instead.

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

I'm surprised you got an offer like that honestly.  He showed pretty well as a rookie this year, only going to grow more with Darnold and him together but he doesn't exactly pop off the page.  That offer seems high for a guy like that.  Herndon doesn't seem like anything more than a backup fantasy TE, and since he's not top tier, he's barely worth a whole lot.  That goes for anyone after ~TE6, it's a pick your poison type of deal after that.  You might have a favorite or two but they aren't worth much.  You're probably looking around ADP 80-100 I'd guess.  

I thought it was a good offer and addressed some of that above.

Edelman is obviously a really good player right now and would if he was on my team last season would have been my second best WR but he's also about to be 33 years old on the last year of his contract. The pick could have afforded me a chance to pick a good TE prospect since to me that's the deepest position in the draft and at 2.3 I think a solid TE prospect will be available.  And like I said above if Edelman remains injury free in playoffs and I go back and offer this trade to the team and they refuse I'll probably think I should have accepted it.

The number one reason I turned down the trade is I'm just not sure what to make of Herndon.  I liked him plenty coming in, #5 TE for me predraft and #4 after and today I think the only rookie TE from this last draft class I'd take over him is Goedert.  But like you not sure he's got huge upside. But how do we really know that? In terms of just performance we just discussed Kittle and his rookie year numbers were 43/515/2 on 63 targets and 15 games which is arguably worse then Herndon's 39/502/4 on 56 targets and 14 games.  Now you can say, "but he's not the athlete that Kittle is" and I would agree with you but to me you don't need to be an incredible athlete to be a big time fantasy TE,  especially in 1.5 PPR. Take Witten for example, not some amazing athlete and granted I got to go in the way back time machine to almost a different era but his rookie year numbers were 35/347/1 on 49 targets and 15 games, for sure worse then Herndons.

Then with all of that factor in I think Herndon has his longterm QB in place.

Now I do have the 2.3 pick to consider but I'm age averse in dynasty.  The way I tend to view things is if I miss on  Edelman I missed on what I think is a one year rock solid WR2, best case. I miss on Herndon I could  miss on along term fixture. Edelman might help me next year, Herndon could burn me for close to a decade if I dealt him off.

Edited by menobrown

Posted (edited)

Edit: wrong thread - posting in completed trades.

Not involved:

Thielen for 2 Firsts in 2019 and 1 in 2020.

and

1.2, 1.5,  2.4, Antonio Brown, Sam Darnold,

OBJ, Dalvin Cook, Kyle Rudolph, 2 - 2020 2nds.

Edited by Gottabesweet

Yeah I have Herndon in FFPC and I wouldn't move him for an early 2nd, though maybe part of that is trying to over-correct from dropping Kittle last year lol.

Still, I think Herndon's value is a 1st in TE Premium, at least that's what it would take for me to sell.

21 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Yeah I have Herndon in FFPC and I wouldn't move him for an early 2nd, though maybe part of that is trying to over-correct from dropping Kittle last year lol.

Still, I think Herndon's value is a 1st in TE Premium, at least that's what it would take for me to sell.

I’d hold unless blown away.

3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

There's no way in hell I'd give up a 1st for Herndon in FFPC

• Like 1

Robert Foster is a guy I think is worth investing in at his current price. I think he has top 20 upside with Allen.

Posted (edited)

Thoughts on keeping Kupp for 4 years vs OBJ for 2? One or the other. PPR and long TD bonuses.

Rams offense isn’t going to do anything but get better. Shouldn’t be much movement in the offseason. Kupp is Goff’s guy in the RZ. Has phenomenal hands. Still young. Could be good for 70/1000/8+. 

OBJ. Talent is unquestioned. Always a threat to finish Top 5. Barkley a year older (Engram as well to a lesser extent as far as impact) to open up the offense. Who is gonna be throwing him the ball? Will he play 16 games? Will his potential to be a head case rear it’s ugly head?

I think I’m higher on OBJ than most the board. Especially as his reputation started nose diving at the end of the year. Part may be because I’m a new owner. But man, I really like Kupp. Could be a sneaky top 10 finish. Having a lot of trouble with this one - and of course it won’t be entirely clear until the Giants QB situation is. 

Edited by Elevencents

17 hours ago, Pwingles said:

DLF has him at the #18 overall dyno TE, i think that is about the right range at the moment, but I see his value trending higher.

In this case im not sure the TE premium is that much of a factor unless he gets more volume, which might happen. He was clearly more than a RZ guy, and the trust seemed to be there from Darnold, I really like the kid moving forward. Honestly., depending on the offer, you may consider moving a guy you currently have viewed as ahead of him and hang onto him.

In the league I own him, I would be wanting a pretty high 2nd for him. But in that particular league, it is 1.5 ppr and he is arguably my TE2 after injuries.

17 hours ago, menobrown said:

Well I'm clearly getting lowballed. I honestly thought 2 seconds would be a good trade for him but I didnt suggest the trade because I want quite sure where to value him just yet. But I've only been offered Eddie Jackson chi s and a late 4th lol. Safeties are on the wire every year. I'll keep ya guys updated if it progresses any further. I appreciate the feedback for sure. 

8 hours ago, Elevencents said:

Thoughts on keeping Kupp for 4 years vs OBJ for 2? One or the other. PPR and long TD bonuses.

Rams offense isn’t going to do anything but get better. Shouldn’t be much movement in the offseason. Kupp is Goff’s guy in the RZ. Has phenomenal hands. Still young. Could be good for 70/1000/8+. 

OBJ. Talent is unquestioned. Always a threat to finish Top 5. Barkley a year older (Engram as well to a lesser extent as far as impact) to open up the offense. Who is gonna be throwing him the ball? Will he play 16 games? Will his potential to be a head case rear it’s ugly head?

I think I’m higher on OBJ than most the board. Especially as his reputation started nose diving at the end of the year. Part may be because I’m a new owner. But man, I really like Kupp. Could be a sneaky top 10 finish. Having a lot of trouble with this one - and of course it won’t be entirely clear until the Giants QB situation is. 

Maybe, but it's an interesting assumption considering their trend has been in the opposite direction lately.

2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Maybe, but it's an interesting assumption considering their trend has been in the opposite direction lately.

Goff is only 24. They beat Seattle and KC before losing to Chicago and Philly. I think you might be looking too closely if you're seeing a trend. Their cap situation is right around league average. I feel like it is a safe assumption that they'll at least plateau if not improve.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

12 Team PPR, I have an old team that is weak at WR and TE.  Thinking about this offer to move Kamara:

Kamara, D Lewis, 2019 4th

for

D Adams, Pettis, Michel, I Thomas, 2019 2nd

Too much?  Too little?  I could downgrade Michel to Ekeler (I have Gordon) if I'm asking too much.

Would leave me with Gordon, J White, McKinnon, and whoever I acquire at RB

Edited by FF Wiseguy

50 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Goff is only 24. They beat Seattle and KC before losing to Chicago and Philly. I think you might be looking too closely if you're seeing a trend. Their cap situation is right around league average. I feel like it is a safe assumption that they'll at least plateau if not improve.

Their o line could tank (very good chance they get worse actually), Gurley could get hurt, defenses could catch up to their scheme, etc. Hard to say a top 3 offense the last 2 years can only get better. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FF Wiseguy said:

12 Team PPR, I have an old team that is weak at WR and TE.  Thinking about this offer to move Kamara:

Kamara, D Lewis, 2019 4th

for

D Adams, Pettis, Michel, I Thomas, 2019 2nd

Too much?  Too little?  I could downgrade Michel to Ekeler (I have Gordon) if I'm asking too much.

Would leave me with Gordon, J White, McKinnon, and whoever I acquire at RB

Too much especially as an opening offer. 

11 hours ago, Elevencents said:

Tough call but the way I'd be looking at this due to timing of Kupp's injury is 3.5 years of Kupp vs 2 years of OBJ.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JackReacher said:

Did you take the deal?

16 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The primary reason I turned down the Edelman and 2.3 for  Herndon offer I discussed earlier was I wanted a 2020 first.

After posting what I did yesterday I got to looking around a bit more at this awesome and deep TE class,  a class so good that unless you don't like spending premium picks on rookie TE's that the conversation of how bad the first and second round of this draft looks is a different conversation in PPR vs TE premium/dual flex leagues like FFPC. So along with looking at the TE's, McDaniels likely returning to NE and running same system and my teams main need as WR I went back to look at doing a deal with the Edelman owner.

So last night at 12:45 I made the Edelman owner two offers. The one I really wanted him to accept was Herndon, 2020 second and throw in Curtis Samuel for his 2020 first.  The other offer was the one he made me, Herndon for 2.3 and Edelman.

I went to bed after that offer and woke up to see at 12:48 he'd accepted my offer, a surprising off-season late night insta -accept.  I excitedly checked my email to see which offer he took and was a bit bummed to see he took the Edelman offer. I'm still ok with the trade and  will try and use the 2.3 with some other assets to get that 2020 first  I really wanted.

2 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Their o line could tank (very good chance they get worse actually), Gurley could get hurt, defenses could catch up to their scheme, etc. Hard to say a top 3 offense the last 2 years can only get better. 

The OL is a valid concern - I was in the minority that felt the Rams would've been better served signing someone like Albert Wilson and spending that 1st + that cap money on OL instead of Cooks (not to say Cooks isn't good, but I felt they should prioritize OL considering they already had Woods and Kupp locked in for years to come at WR). But keep in mind, the Rams ranked 14th in pass attempts this year. Plenty of room to grow in that regard and passing is the most efficient in terms of yards and scoring, plus with PPR it generates a lot more FF scoring than rushing.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:52 PM, FreeBaGeL said:

Chris Herndon pleaded guilty to DWI on Wednesday stemming from a June accident.

Herndon was arrested on June 4 after ramming into another vehicle in addition to a railroad car and its attached trailer. The 76-year-old driver of the other vehicle escaped with a gashed arm. Herndon is lucky that was the extent of his damage. He's now going to face a suspension in 2019.

21 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

Chris Herndon pleaded guilty to DWI on Wednesday stemming from a June accident.

Herndon was arrested on June 4 after ramming into another vehicle in addition to a railroad car and its attached trailer. The 76-year-old driver of the other vehicle escaped with a gashed arm. Herndon is lucky that was the extent of his damage. He's now going to face a suspension in 2019.

Yeah probably something but this happened long before the season and the team and league knew about it so I wouldn’t get carried away.

Edited by voiceofunreason

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:47 AM, Ben & Jerry's said:

Robert Foster is a guy I think is worth investing in at his current price. I think he has top 20 upside with Allen.

I just traded Foster and my 2.12 for 2.03 and 4.07.  Was probably a cut for me in the FFPC format.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, Gottabesweet said:

Last offseason I traded straight up: got AJ, gave my 1st, which was #7 or 8 overall, can't remember.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dez said:

I just traded Foster and my 2.12 for 2.03 and 4.07.  Was probably a cut for me in the FFPC format.

I have him myself. If he was a cut for you, then sure. But no way would I do that deal.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 12:47 AM, Ben & Jerry's said:

Feels like a hold. I'm in a very knowledgeable/competitive and active league (devy too, so his pedigree is known) that even has 3 Bills fans in it to boot...can't get people to value him as more than a throw-in right now. It's consolidation season for me so everyone knows what I'm trying, but still. The love is not there. 

Might be a moderate long shot, but if KC's Damien Williams ends up being the main back in the playoffs over a healthy and available Spencer Ware his price will likely never be cheaper than right now.  Obviously risk that nothing significant materializes, but if he ultimately ends up being KC's lead back going forward there's a hell of an upside.

10 hours ago, scott46984 said:

Might be a moderate long shot, but if KC's Damien Williams ends up being the main back in the playoffs over a healthy and available Spencer Ware his price will likely never be cheaper than right now.  Obviously risk that nothing significant materializes, but if he ultimately ends up being KC's lead back going forward there's a hell of an upside.

Definitely a long shot. They gave him RBBC money. If they sign someone or draft a decent rookie, his current price would look like highway robbery at that point. Very dicey to acquire him right now. I'm guessing this is his career peak stock price. But he's been a penny stock until now, so being worth $1 is a huge jump and if that long shot comes through, he might be worth $5 later. But Williams is like trading a biotech stock. Do you really want to buy after good news but before phase 3 trial results? 

43 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Definitely a long shot. They gave him RBBC money. If they sign someone or draft a decent rookie, his current price would look like highway robbery at that point. Very dicey to acquire him right now. I'm guessing this is his career peak stock price. But he's been a penny stock until now, so being worth $1 is a huge jump and if that long shot comes through, he might be worth $5 later. But Williams is like trading a biotech stock. Do you really want to buy after good news but before phase 3 trial results? 

I was able to flip him for pick 2.05 (15 overall) in my league with IDP, which is roughly comparable to pick 12 overall in non-IDP (LBs go pretty early in our drafts).  

On 1/5/2019 at 7:16 PM, Zyphros said:

I'm speaking as a guy that has 95% comfortability with what I have at TE in my leagues.  I wouldn't offer anything more than a late 2nd.  I count 7 TE's that I have rated higher, and another  3-5 more that would be questionable.  Getting anything might be considered a win for Gronk owners.  He has never been a guy I would want to buy and I have never owned him.

Care to share those 10 or so players?

29 minutes ago, TheBottomLine said:

I was able to flip him for pick 2.05 (15 overall) in my league with IDP, which is roughly comparable to pick 12 overall in non-IDP (LBs go pretty early in our drafts).  

That's some thievery... well played, sir.  

1 hour ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Care to share those 10 or so players?

I updated my dynasty rankings thread with the TE

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 7:52 PM, FreeBaGeL said:

Hmmm.  I have him in a league and didn't really think he had any value.  Nobody has ever inquired about him and i felt offering him for a 2nd would be insulting to other team.  I'm gonna try to move him for any 2nd and see if anyone bites.

• Like 1