Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

If you got Barkley for that - good for you.

I don't think GFY stands for "good for you"...

;)

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

6 hours ago, tangfoot said:

I'd rather have Barkley and [insert any available free agent RB], and by a large margin.

Full disclosure, I don't own Michel anywhere, and won't.  But in my mind you're offering a pair of RB2s for the #1 overall asset in dynasty.  You're not even at half of the Chubb/Mixon offer.

I have to admit I was taken aback at Michel and Jones being a “pair of RB2’s”.  But now that I think on it  that’s totally fair because RB talent is as high as I can remember. I think both Jones and Michel could be top 10 or higher for the next few years, but I could probably pick 15 other guys that I could say the same about.  Crazy depth right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoh said:

I have to admit I was taken aback at Michel and Jones being a “pair of RB2’s”.  But now that I think on it  that’s totally fair because RB talent is as high as I can remember. I think both Jones and Michel could be top 10 or higher for the next few years, but I could probably pick 15 other guys that I could say the same about.  Crazy depth right now.

Yes, this.  My post wasn't meant to disparage them, I just think there are at least 12 guys I would rather have instead of them.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:38 PM, ShamrockPride said:

What do people think of Melvin's value in the long-term? He's gonna be 26 in April. I gotta be honest, I'm really really starting to think about trading him off as all these knee issues are spooking me. I've had some people asking me about his availability. What are others doing?

If you own him are you considering moving him?

If you don't own him and are in the market for a RB, how high is he on your list?

I own him in only one league and I'm happy to have him.  I'm not sure if you can say he's still a top-6 RB today because the young talent is so strong, but he's still a top-10 RB.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Yes, this.  My post wasn't meant to disparage them, I just think there are at least 12 guys I would rather have instead of them.

Didn’t take it as disparaging at all.  I suffer from owner bias probably more than anyone I know.  It’s goid for me to check in on how other people view players.

Just now, tangfoot said:

Not sure if this is considered disparaging, but I think Jones is extremely overrated. Talented runner, but hasn't been able to stay healthy (unlucky?), hasn't got consistent workload (that could change with new HC), not used much in the passing game (again could change with new HC), and has had a couple too many knucklehead moments.  Too many questions surrounding this guy for my liking.

Would take much more than Michel/Jones to move Barkley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackReacher said:

Not sure if this is considered disparaging, but I think Jones is extremely overrated. Talented runner, but hasn't been able to stay healthy (unlucky?), hasn't got consistent workload (that could change with new HC), not used much in the passing game (again could change with new HC), and has had a couple too many knucklehead moments.  Too many questions surrounding this guy for my liking.

Would take much more than Michel/Jones to move Barkley.

Totally fair opinion.  

I was just offered this trade for Barkley. I turned it down. I just don’t see much that will entice me to move him at this point. 

Team A will give up:

Conner, James PIT RB and Michel, Sony NEP RB and Robinson, Allen CHI WR and Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Kutta will give up up Barkley, Saquon NYG RB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kutta said:

I was just offered this trade for Barkley. I turned it down. I just don’t see much that will entice me to move him at this point. 

Team A will give up:

Conner, James PIT RB and Michel, Sony NEP RB and Robinson, Allen CHI WR and Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Everyone has a price but those players wouldn't get it done for me.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kutta said:

Just barely above a JAG, knee condition I won't own, shaky offense that is run-first, and retired.  Not close.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kutta said:

Team A will give up:

I think the owner was making this offer on "what they did this past year" and not what they will provide to you in the future...since I agree this is not an offer I would consider.  The problem too often is their perceived "past value" when making an offer today.  How many knew about Michel's knee issues prior to 3 months ago?  Some, sure, but not the majority.  Thus maybe this owner is still in the blind?  

Connor's value?  There is little chance he works in the Top 15 discussion for 2019 ...too much uncertainty on his role/value. 

It's funny since I moved Conner Week 6 for E Sanders & OJ Howard (TE premium format) and now I would be lucky to get Vernon Davis for him today! 

8 hours ago, kutta said:

Team A will give up:

I was just turned down 1.01, 1.03, 1.05, and Jordan Howard pretty easily.

I did counter though.  Mixon, 1.01, 1.03, 1.05, and 2020 1st for Barkley, and a 2, 3, and 4.

Doubt he takes it but in now way am I looking to sell.

2 hours ago, skinfanjon said:

I did counter though.  Mixon, 1.01, 1.03, 1.05, and 2020 1st for Barkley, and a 2, 3, and 4.

Now that’s more like it! ...which is crazy to say, because that’s essentially seven firsts, with many high firsts in there.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kutta said:

Zero interest if I got Barkley. A polite no thanks with no counter would be my response.

Zero interest if I got Barkley. A nice no thanks and no counter.

Mixon, 1.01, 1.03, 1.05, and 2020 1st for Barkley, and a 2, 3, and 4.

You got my attention, depending on my team I'm mulling over accepting or proposing slight tweak.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, skinfanjon said:

I would gladly pay that price for Barkley. I own Mixon and think he is good but don’t trust the Bengals to not implode. This years draft class seems like anyone of 12 guys could be in the top 3 (thin for elite talents) so I don’t think the firsts are as strong as years past. The future pick is nice but a crapshoot like any other rookie pick. Don’t get me wrong it is a good amount on paper, I just think you work so hard to get elite players it is hard to give them away without getting one in return (no slight against Mixon, I just don’t put him in the elite category). Barkley may be a generational talent, hang onto him.

2 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

I would gladly pay that price for Barkley. I own Mixon and think he is good but don’t trust the Bengals to not implode. This years draft class seems like anyone of 12 guys could be in the top 3 (thin for elite talents) so I don’t think the firsts are as strong as years past. The future pick is nice but a crapshoot like any other rookie pick. Don’t get me wrong it is a good amount on paper, I just think you work so hard to get elite players it is hard to give them away without getting one in return (no slight against Mixon, I just don’t put him in the elite category). Barkley may be a generational talent, hang onto him.

I agree with this. I really see no way I would trade him. 

On 2/8/2019 at 6:13 PM, skinfanjon said:

I would take that counter proposal.

39 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I would take that counter proposal.

He was the one that sent the counter.  He has Barkley.

11 hours ago, kutta said:
14 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

I agree with this. I really see no way I would trade him. 

:goodposting: 

I own Barkley in both of my dynasty leagues and would not trade him for anything that has been discussed in this thread.

• Like 1

For you Barkley owners that say he's untouchable, what if it were another top 6-7 asset plus something?

I understand not moving him for a package of moderate assets, but there is a pretty strong top 6-7 right now.  Would you move him for a trade where the main piece you were getting back was CMC/Kamara/OBJ/Hopkins/Zeke and you were getting something like a first or a solid young RB like Fournette/Kerryon/Cook with that other top 7 piece?

I'm really interested in how untouchable he is because I think Barkley is the best top dynasty player we've had in a long time, but I also think the next 6 or so guys behind him are the strongest we've seen in quite a while as well.

10 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

For you Barkley owners that say he's untouchable, what if it were another top 6-7 asset plus something?

I understand not moving him for a package of moderate assets, but there is a pretty strong top 6-7 right now.  Would you move him for a trade where the main piece you were getting back was CMC/Kamara/OBJ/Hopkins/Zeke and you were getting something like a first or a solid young RB like Fournette/Kerryon/Cook with that other top 7 piece?

I'm really interested in how untouchable he is because I think Barkley is the best top dynasty player we've had in a long time, but I also think the next 6 or so guys behind him are the strongest we've seen in quite a while as well.

I would trade Barkley for OBJ/Hopkins and Cook/Fournette.

The only WRs I'd entertain as the primary piece in a Barkley deal are JuJu, Tyreek, and Michael Thomas.  And I'd have to really like the RB you attach to them.  Mixon and Guice come to mind.

Even then I'd still need a high 1st too.

• Like 1

Yeah, Barkley owners will be keeping him for quite a while. 

And they probably should. I don't remember a better, more obviously sure thing prospect right out of the gate ever. And I've been doing this hobby a LONG time.

1 hour ago, smbkrypt24 said:

I would trade Barkley for OBJ/Hopkins and Cook/Fournette.

I pretty much paid this price for Barkley this offseason. I dealt Fournette for 3 later devy picks (we do one round), then dealt Gurley and those 3 picks for Barkley. This was before the full playoff slump made people weird on Gurley. 

16 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I pretty much paid this price for Barkley this offseason. I dealt Fournette for 3 later devy picks (we do one round), then dealt Gurley and those 3 picks for Barkley. This was before the full playoff slump made people weird on Gurley. 

The price I paid was before his rookie season, but it turned out to be N. Chubb, A. Cooper and R. Jones.  Looking back at it now seems like an easy win.

I was glad that I stuck to my guns on Barkley.  Barkley was the best prospect I ever watched.  Gurley was close to that as well coming out, but I thought Barkley was a notch above him.  3rd and 4th best I have ever seen were Julio and AJG.  Of course, I was wrong on some others: M. Thomas, Kamra, OBJ.  

3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I would have to think long and hard about anything mentioned. I don’t think one of the other stud RBs and a high pick would do it. I would consider two of those guys (Hopkins and Zeke, for example, or CMC and Kamara), but I know that’s unreasonable and would never happen.

Fournette and Cook with one of those guys wouldn’t get it done.

Edited by kutta
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

If "plus something" means another top 10 player or so, maybe.

To put it another way, it would take 2 top 10 players, and probably the right ones, for me to move him. Something like 2 of Zeke, CMC, OBJ, Hopkins. I have zero interest in a trade as you describe here (bolded).

I realize no one would likely pay the price I require, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I really don't have any interest in moving him unless I get an offer I simply cannot refuse.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, kutta said:

I would have to think long and hard about anything mentioned. I don’t think one of the other stud RBs and a high pick would do it. I would consider two of those guys (Hopkins and Zeke, for example, or CMC and Kamara), but I know that’s unreasonable and would never happen.

Fournette and Cook with one of those guys wouldn’t get it done.

:hifive: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Not for me. 

take two guys off your first list and sure I'd do that, but no one would pay it. I have no interest in Fournette and I wouldnt downgrade at rb for Dalvin Cook

12 Team .5 PPR

I offered:

Mixon, Amari Cooper, OJ Howard, 1.4, 1.6 and 1.9 for Barkley and was turned down. 

Also offered Chubb, Diggs, OJ Howard, 1.4, 1.6 and 1.9 and was turned down.  

Both offers were for Barkley only. 

Edited by Deuceman

This discussion makes me realize he's just impossible to move right now.  Good owners will require a fortune to deal him and if you sell everything to get him, what's the point?  Your team will be gutted and take several years to build back up.

Shifting gears...

Golladay + what draft picks = Kittle in FFPC?

I feel like this is the last year you'll ever be able to pry him away, so want to make an aggressive offer but not wreckless.

1 early 1st?  A couple late 1sts?

ETA: Just got him for Golladay, 1.10, and 1.12 in FFPC.  That was my opening offer 5 minutes ago and it was already accepted.

Edited by skinfanjon
  • Like 1

I mainly play leagues were draft picks are determined by playoffs so you can win pick 1 if you are a solid borderline playoff team. But in leagues where you actually have to be the worst team in the league to have got the pick to select  Barkley sure seems like owners of those teams would appreciate a haul.

5 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I mainly play leagues were draft picks are determined by playoffs so you can win pick 1 if you are a solid borderline playoff team. But in leagues where you actually have to be the worst team in the league to have got the pick to select  Barkley sure seems like owners of those teams would appreciate a haul.

I guess that's the exception that I could see...a truly awful team splitting him up for a godfather offer.  

8 minutes ago, skinfanjon said:

Shifting gears...

Golladay + what draft picks = Kittle in FFPC?

I feel like this is the last year you'll ever be able to pry him away, so want to make an aggressive offer but not wreckless.

1 early 1st?  A couple late 1sts?

Few weeks ago I gave Michel and 1.8 for Kittle, also got anticipated second round bump in 2020. I got Golladay on that team and I'd have gave him instead of either the 8 or Michel if need be.

As to the bolded comment let me say maybe not, and this is coming from someone who just paid for him.

I looked this up a few weeks ago and 49'ers were in bottom 5 of the NFL in WR targets, catches, and yards.

Total SF team WR production:

256/152/1990

Top individual WR seasons under Kyle Shanaha:

182/113/1346 which was Garcon

203/136/1871 which was Julio

What I'm getting at is if they can upgrade WR, in addition to McKinnons return as a likely high volume pass catchers it's pretty easy for me to see a pretty solid decline in Kittle's usage. I acquired him and paid that price for him because a stud TE was cherry on the top for that team and that's what I think he is, but I kind of think the time to buy him might be later.

8 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Few weeks ago I gave Michel and 1.8 for Kittle, also got anticipated second round bump in 2020. I got Golladay on that team and I'd have gave him instead of either the 8 or Michel if need be.

As to the bolded comment let me say maybe not, and this is coming from someone who just paid for him.

I looked this up a few weeks ago and 49'ers were in bottom 5 of the NFL in WR targets, catches, and yards.

Total SF team WR production:

256/152/1990

Top individual WR seasons under Kyle Shanaha:

182/113/1346 which was Garcon

203/136/1871 which was Julio

What I'm getting at is if they can upgrade WR, in addition to McKinnons return as a likely high volume pass catchers it's pretty easy for me to see a pretty solid decline in Kittle's usage. I acquired him and paid that price for him because a stud TE was cherry on the top for that team and that's what I think he is, but I kind of think the time to buy him might be later.

You make an interesting case about him being such a focal point.  I guess the one scenario that concerns me is if they traded for Antonio Brown.  That would shake up the entire offense and with McKinnon available and Pettis ascending, he could absolutely lose a bunch of targets.  Although the offense would hum much better so maybe he'd double his TDs to 10 or more.   I don't really see any other big time WRs available that could have an immediate impact on his 2019 production.  Maybe i they took Metcalf in the first round, but not sure they can afford that luxury.  Maybe if they signed Le'Veon Bell, that might disappoint me a bit too.

If his numbers don't drop off, I think he becomes basically untouchable and there just aren't too many scenarios where I see his overall production significantly declining.

56 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I’m in two dynasty leagues. I made the playoffs and was top 3 in points in both.

I traded Antonio Brown for 1.1 in one league and Zeke for 1.1 in the other last offseason. In both cases, straight up, and I think I easily won both trades.

So the only haul that would make sense for me is to get 2 truly elite players. I don’t have the roster spots for 3-5 non-elite players and draft picks. 

1 hour ago, Just Win Baby said:

I’m in two dynasty leagues. I made the playoffs and was top 3 in points in both.

I traded Antonio Brown for 1.1 in one league and Zeke for 1.1 in the other last offseason. In both cases, straight up, and I think I easily won both trades.

So the only haul that would make sense for me is to get 2 truly elite players. I don’t have the roster spots for 3-5 non-elite players and draft picks. 

Yes but that's getting 1.1 via trade, not being the worst team in the league and getting 1.1.

But I was talking about teams who legit suck, are worst teams in the league that got pick 1.1 last year. There are teams out there in almost every league of mine that are so barren I'd not give up a mid to late 2019 first for one single player on the their team. If a team like that had found themselves with 1.1 last year and drafted Barkley, that's the kind of team I think it makes sense to deal Barkley for a haul now. Amazingly it seems like not many teams like that landed Barkley, which I guess is why they are so bad in the first place.

FWIW I'd have done both of those deals you did last offseason and easily so. I had Barkley as my #2 overall player last offseason but was already close to Gurley before he took a snap. In my biggest money league I put out a poll in I think week 3 asking people if they had 1.1 in a startup who would they take and I listed options as Gurley, Kamara,  Barkley,  Elliot or other. This was when Kamara was smoking hot and votes went Gurley 4, Kamara and Barkley with 3 each, one for Elliot and one no vote. I own Gurley in this league and I voted for Barkley, took me all of 3 weeks to move him over Gurley for sure.

• Like 2

There was a recent trade in the offseason thread of Arob for Fournette, so I'm wondering how people are valuing Allen Robinson.  Fournette seems easy enough to rank but Robinson is a different story.  How high of a value do people put on him?  

10 hours ago, Zyphros said:

There was a recent trade in the offseason thread of Arob for Fournette, so I'm wondering how people are valuing Allen Robinson.  Fournette seems easy enough to rank but Robinson is a different story.  How high of a value do people put on him?  

in terms of pick, probably a late 1st. Fair to say there are more questions about him now after year 1 in Chicago. He did have that good playoff game so there is a ray of hope but the regular season was pretty mediocre

12 hours ago, Zyphros said:

2015 is starting to look like an outlier season for Robinson - and those numbers seem to be a bit conflated by the garbage time stats Bortles put up.

I liked him as a prospect and think he has some talent but at some point production is production.

He would be a guy I'd be reluctant to trade for - as I'm just not sure the potential reward is worth the risk of a late pick breaking out.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:18 PM, FreeBaGeL said:

He was the one that sent the counter.  He has Barkley.

Yep. And if I were the owner of all those draft picks I would take his counter proposal to get Barkley.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:29 AM, Andy Dufresne said:

Yeah, Barkley owners will be keeping him for quite a while. 

And they probably should. I don't remember a better, more obviously sure thing prospect right out of the gate ever. And I've been doing this hobby a LONG time.

Elliot was pretty solid coming in. Closest to situation I can think of. Barkley caught a lot more passes.

2 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Elliot was pretty solid coming in. Closest to situation I can think of. Barkley caught a lot more passes.

Absolutely. Barkley is, IMO, undoubtedly better.

any opinions on what Engram is worth in draft picks?

1.10?

1.12?

Edited by Dr. Dan

2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

any opinions on what Engram is worth in draft picks?

1.10?

1.12?

TE premium leagues I’d say near a mid 1st.  He seems to still be highly regarded and I’d still put him above any rookie TE.  I just wouldn’t buy him in other leagues since middling TEs are so replaceable.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

I would maybe trade the 1.9 or 1.10 for him.

2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

TE premium leagues I’d say near a mid 1st.  He seems to still be highly regarded and I’d still put him above any rookie TE.  I just wouldn’t buy him in other leagues since middling TEs are so replaceable. 

Thanks. Was offered 1.10 for him. Trying to determine if that is fair value. It would be a swap for Hockenson or Fant just because that would leave me light at TE. Not sure I like them better long term over Engram at this point.