Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, foxco said:

Price check on Phillip Lindsey, what's his value in rookie picks? 

I like just about everyone in the first 10-12 picks more than I like Lindsay's prospects.

He's going to lose his job over the summer (at least temporarily) because he won't be able to play until roughly midway through training camp.  He's proven that he's capable of being the lead back, but I'm not sure how quickly he will be able to get up to speed with the new regime's offense.  I am not betting on him ever seeing production like he had in 2018 again.

58 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I always answer these questions by ranking them against rookies at his position. In his case he'd be RB5 and that puts him at back end of round one at best.

I really liked him a lot earlier this off-season, even acquired him,  but does no one any good to ignore the  negative noise for his value that has cropped up in last few weeks.

When I acquired him earlier this off-season he was part of package I got for Gurley. Dealt him away later for Kareem Hunt. Before I dealt him for Hunt I made someone a trade offer of Julio and Lindsay for Bell, 1.10 and 2.7. My thinking was Bell=Julio but I was thinning his RB's out so would give him Lindsay for the picks. I put a note in the trade that if he preferred I'd do Bell for Julio straight up and that is in fact what he preferred. That was a few weeks ago and it was fairly recently, I think last week that I dealt him for Hunt.

Is the negative the noise the beat reporter suggesting Freeman will get more touches this season? I’m not sure that’s worth our attention, honestly. Coaching changes certainly come with concern, Freeman is solid competition, and Lindsay’s upside is likely capped by his frame. But this noise came before camp even started. How does it make sense that the coaching staff made the call already, before working with either guy, and after seeing how much more productive Lindsay was last season?

1 minute ago, Concept Coop said:

Is the negative the noise the beat reporter suggesting Freeman will get more touches this season? I’m not sure that’s worth our attention, honestly.

Yes.

Without looking for the information, just casual reading and listening  to people I follow it's not just a single beat reporter but it's been James Palmer, Ryan O'Halloran and Bucky Brooks who all have said the coaching staff is determined to make Royce Freeman the primary ball carrier. Again that's just people I follow, I'm sure they are not alone putting this information out.

You can say that  makes no sense and I'd agree but to ignore it and say it's not worth your attention is just akin to putting your head in the sand and frankly that this came before camp started is even worse for Lindsay IMO.

I saw Palmer’s report, but not the other two. My Google searches are failing me - do you have those?

These blurbs rarely end up meaning anything. Tavon Austin was supposed to get 10-20 touches a game, Kareem Hunt was supposed to be a lot more involved in the passing game, Andrew Luck was going to be ready a year before he actually was, Justin Hunter was going to be a major redzone threat, Allen Hurns was going to be the man in Dallas, etc, etc.

I'm not putting my head in the sand, I’ve just noticed that these pre-camp blurbs are worthless, more often than not. It’s hard to put much stock in them.

And even if Palmer is right, the 40 carry dip he projects could easily be offset by additional passing down work. Hopefully this staff puts Booker on the bench, where he belongs.

In case anyone is wondering what Mike Evans might be valued at in PPR...I was just offered Sutton & Ertz for him. Turned it down b/c, while I want Ertz to replace Herndon as my TE1, I am not high on Sutton.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

In case anyone is wondering what Mike Evans might be valued at in PPR...I was just offered Sutton & Ertz for him. Turned it down b/c, while I want Ertz to replace Herndon as my TE1, I am not high on Sutton.

I'm not super high on Sutton but I do like him a lot. And Ertz is Ertz. But I probably still hold Evans. I don't think we've seen his best season yet and I'd have to have my socks knocked off to do it. Ertz plus Sutton isn't terrible but not near good enough for me.

9 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

That's a fair offer.

If you were to trade Lindsey for a WR, who would you want in return?  I've tried for a number of different WRs with no luck.

14 minutes ago, RC94 said:

If you were to trade Lindsey for a WR, who would you want in return?  I've tried for a number of different WRs with no luck.

Look at the rosters in your league and find the ones that are strong at WR and weak at RB. Then start a conversation and see which WRs they think are worth Lindsay.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 11:49 AM, thriftyrocker said:

Feels like a trick question because there aren't any.

WR is real tough. I like Albert Wilson in Miami. I think Golden Tate is undervalued based on his struggles fitting in with Philly and will do better with a full offseason in NY, but still wouldn't go for him. I would rather pay a 4th for Cobb than a 2nd for Tate, but if you really need the starter Tate is a much better bet.

I like Wilson a lot. The Chiefs are probably kicking themselves for letting him go as he seems like he would be a great fit with Mahomes (and Hill being Hill). Nonetheless he is an explosive football player and if he can fully recover I expect him to be a nice value at the position.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:39 AM, hispeedthinmint said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m not willing to take on Ertz as a premium piece. I don’t think this is particularly close and think it’s off by at least a 2020 1st. 

How well has Ertz scored with Wentz vs with Foles?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m not willing to take on Ertz as a premium piece. I don’t think this is particularly close and think it’s off by at least a 2020 1st. 

How well has Ertz scored with Wentz vs with Foles?

I agree about valuing him as an elite asset. Ertz averages ~2.5 more FPPG with Wentz over the past two years, though he actually averages fewer targets and catches with Wentz. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Was offered Guice + 2019 1.09 for Joe Mixon.  Thoughts?

ppr superflex league: qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, te, flex, superflex

ETA: 12 teams

Edited by Maven25

4 minutes ago, Maven25 said:

I would much rather have Mixon. He is a young RB who already has a 1000 yards season. Guice has potential but hasn't done anything in the NFL yet and adding a late round 1 pick isn't enough for me. THe old saying a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush sure fits here for me.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, Maven25 said:

While that is a fair offer, I also would rather hold Mixon.  No telling how Wash Offense will evolve and will Haskins start part of the year creating more crowded box? 

While, IMO, Guice might have a higher ceiling, Mixon certainly has a higher floor.  Am I building or a contender?  Contender = Mixon. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2019 at 9:46 PM, RC94 said:

The problem is Lindsey's value is all over the place!  Some value him as a RB1 (top 12) but most have him border RB2-3 and will not pay premium for him. 

Flacco might help short term in his game management, but he won't be there long.  Drew Lock will be under center when Flacco gets a hangnail. 

I would look for DJ Moore CAR or Tyler Lockett SEA as reasonable targets, but depending on RB needy team, maybe Galloday or AJ Green are not out of the question.  

Personally, I am big on DJ Moore but I don't know if Cam will be the QB he needs to develop this year.  Galloday would be my target.  

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, Maven25 said:

I'd keep Mixon. I wonder if I could get Mixon for the 1.12 + Ingram. Probably not, though...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

The problem is Lindsey's value is all over the place!  Some value him as a RB1 (top 12) but most have him border RB2-3 and will not pay premium for him. 

Flacco might help short term in his game management, but he won't be there long.  Drew Lock will be under center when Flacco gets a hangnail. 

I would look for DJ Moore CAR or Tyler Lockett SEA as reasonable targets, but depending on RB needy team, maybe Galloday or AJ Green are not out of the question.  

Personally, I am big on DJ Moore but I don't know if Cam will be the QB he needs to develop this year.  Galloday would be my target.  

I agree with this entire post.  

Also, for context as you mentioned them both, I just traded Golladay for DJ Moore and Keke Coutee, so I’d say we value the receivers in that tier about the same.

Love Lockett too.  Am actually considering offering Green for Moore but think something should be com8ng back with Moore...or am I over-valuing Green?

2 hours ago, battlestar said:

I agree with this entire post.  

Also, for context as you mentioned them both, I just traded Golladay for DJ Moore and Keke Coutee, so I’d say we value the receivers in that tier about the same.

Love Lockett too.  Am actually considering offering Green for Moore but think something should be com8ng back with Moore...or am I over-valuing Green?

Not overvaluing Green, but his value is all over the board. In 1 of my PPR dynasty leagues, I own AJG. Was just offered Callaway & a 4th for AJG. LOL No way in hell

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Not overvaluing Green, but his value is all over the board. In 1 of my PPR dynasty leagues, I own AJG. Was just offered Callaway & a 4th for AJG. LOL No way in hell

AJG was just traded in my league for a mid 2020 1st

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, battlestar said:

Am actually considering offering Green for Moore but think something should be com8ng back with Moore...or am I over-valuing Green?

I'd say yes, you are over-valuing Green in this instance. Moore was a mid-1st last year and while he may not have lit the world on fire, all things considered, he performed well for a 21 year old rookie. Almost on pace for 1000 yards in his last 8-10 games. He's unlikely to be as good as AJ Green (although it's possible) but you're getting 9 years younger. If I had Green, I'd be happy to acquire Moore straight up.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I'd say yes, you are over-valuing Green in this instance. Moore was a mid-1st last year and while he may not have lit the world on fire, all things considered, he performed well for a 21 year old rookie. Almost on pace for 1000 yards in his last 8-10 games. He's unlikely to be as good as AJ Green (although it's possible) but you're getting 9 years younger. If I had Green, I'd be happy to acquire Moore straight up.

Thanks brother.  I have won this league the last two seasons, very tough competition and an aging squad.  May need to try a one for one Green for Moore offer as my next youngest WR is Arob, (after Julio, Edelman, Fitzgerald and multiple random low ceiling guys).

Having a tug of war between seeing if this roster can win again and starting to retool on the fly.

6 minutes ago, battlestar said:

Thanks brother.  I have won this league the last two seasons, very tough competition and an aging squad.  May need to try a one for one Green for Moore offer as my next youngest WR is Arob, (after Julio, Edelman, Fitzgerald and multiple random low ceiling guys).

Having a tug of war between seeing if this roster can win again and starting to retool on the fly.

There's no reason not to send the offer as Green for Moore + 2nd, but I'd be ready to accept if the counter was straight up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Here are my top 25 rookies (1QB PPR). The tiers are defined by the range of picks I see as good value for players within the tier. 

*  =  guys I see as good value, relative to their ADP/market value, the guys I'm most likely to end up drafting. 

1. Josh Jacobs - RB*

1.05+
2. N'Keal Harry - WR 
3. Miles Sanders - RB

1.08+
4. Kyler Murray - QB*
5. TJ Hockenson - TE*
6. Noah Fant - TE*

1.10+
7. Darrell Henderson - RB*
8. David Montgomery - RB

2nd round
9. Deebo Samual - WR
10. AJ Brown - WR
11. Parris Campbell - WR
12. DK Metcalf - WR
13. Marquise Brown - WR
14. Andy Isabella - WR*
15. Mecole Hardman - WR

3rd round
16. Damien Harris - RB
17. Devin Singletary - RB
18. Irv Smith Jr. - TE
19. JJ Arcega-Whiteside - WR
20. Alexander Mattison - RB
21. Hakeem Butler - WR
22. Dionta Johnson - WR*
23. Jalen Hurd - WR*
24. Myles Boykin - WR*
25. Dwayne Haskins - QB*

Value I like in the 4th round and beyond:
Jordan Scarlett*
Daniel Jones*

Edited by Concept Coop
  • Like 7

What do you think the value of these three assets combined is ; Robby Anderson, Sammy Watkins, 2020 mid first ; in terms of upgrading to a better WR. 12 team PPR.

6 hours ago, Mark Football said:

What do you think the value of these three assets combined is ; Robby Anderson, Sammy Watkins, 2020 mid first ; in terms of upgrading to a better WR. 12 team PPR.

My guess would be an aging vet like Julio could be possible.  You can basically forget any of the top ~10 receiver I'd imagine as Anderson and Watkins don't present much of a floor to be comfortable giving up one of the best.  Maybe Diggs or Thielen something like that to the right owner?  Hard for me to judge considering I put Sammy out to pasture 2 years ago basically.  The only thing of value in those 3 pieces to me is the 1st, which I'd say it's pretty equal to N'Keal Harry for now.  Anyone around his ADP seems like a solid place to start looking.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2019 at 8:46 PM, RC94 said:

Just gave another owner LeSean McCoy + Chris Godwin for Lindsay. My team was flush at WR, and I also have Gurley, but am thin at RB. Even if Lindsay doesn't approach last season's numbers, it's worth it to me to get McCoy off my roster and look at likely taking Henderson at 1.07 to handcuff Gurley.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zyphros said:

My guess would be an aging vet like Julio could be possible.  You can basically forget any of the top ~10 receiver I'd imagine as Anderson and Watkins don't present much of a floor to be comfortable giving up one of the best.  Maybe Diggs or Thielen something like that to the right owner?  Hard for me to judge considering I put Sammy out to pasture 2 years ago basically.  The only thing of value in those 3 pieces to me is the 1st, which I'd say it's pretty equal to N'Keal Harry for now.  Anyone around his ADP seems like a solid place to start looking.  

I'm with you on Sammy, but you might be surprised how much value he still has and it got a huge boost with Tyreek's situation. I can't remember the deals now, but I've seen him moved for waaaay more than I'd pay.

15 hours ago, Mark Football said:

If you find the right owner (a Sammy truther who needs depth), I think you could get a top 10 WR back for that. I'd want more than Julio. Robby and Watkins are both 26, while Julio is 30. If you're targeting Julio, I'd try to utilize just Watkins plus one of those other two pieces.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cloppbeast said:

Price check Julio Jones - 2 firsts?

Only if you are certain that one of them is late.  Mid-1st seems to be the going price for AJ Green and I don't think Julio should be significantly higher than that.

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

Only if you are certain that one of them is late.  Mid-1st seems to be the going price for AJ Green and I don't think Julio should be significantly higher than that.

I thought I agreed at first, but Julio is a year younger and has had five seasons over 1400 yards and three with over 100 rec. AJG has one and zero respectively. Julio has also only missed 2 games in the past 3 years, whereas AJG has missed 13. 

3 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I thought I agreed at first, but Julio is a year younger and has had five seasons over 1400 yards and three with over 100 rec. AJG has one and zero respectively. Julio has also only missed 2 games in the past 3 years, whereas AJG has missed 13. 

Six months, and my point is not that one has had better production recently.  It's that they are both at the precipice of falling off the value cliff entirely. 

People are (rightfully) discounting AJG going forward, but they should also have Julio in the same basket.

1 minute ago, tangfoot said:

Six months, and my point is not that one has had better production recently.  It's that they are both at the precipice of falling off the value cliff entirely. 

People are (rightfully) discounting AJG going forward, but they should also have Julio in the same basket.

Good catch on the six months. I don't have either one and didn't mean to mislead. But if I was buying, I'd much rather have Julio than AJG. I'm more wary of injuries and QB play for AJG going forward. 

• Like 1

Man, I must really hate this rookie class. I have both Julio and Green in one league, and wouldn't trade either for the 1.1. Hell, I'm not sure I'd do Julio for 1.1+1.2. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Man, I must really hate this rookie class. I have both Julio and Green in one league, and wouldn't trade either for the 1.1. Hell, I'm not sure I'd do Julio for 1.1+1.2. 

I agree.  

After this season, where does Julio rank?

AB as well?

Who are some younger WR targets?  Cooks, Kupp, Golladay, Ridley?

3 hours ago, cloppbeast said:

Got a team in one league of mine that had AB and Julio, wanted to rebuild and hard shopped both since off-season. This person also hates the 2019 draft but found takers for both finally.

I believe for AB he got back James Washington and 2020#1 pick that is bordeline playoff at best. For Julio he got back a better return which was Ridley and 2020#1 from similar playoff situated team. I personally thought it was really bad trades for both teams that got the older WR's because neither team is good enough to compete but I was also happy to see the trades go down because I've got a lot of youth and 2020 picks and I feel like a few weeks into the season when those teams realize they are not contenders I can try and buy one of those older WR's for less then they paid.

Until a few weeks ago I had two Julio/AB teams of my own.  FWIW despite being one year older and switching teams I prefer AB over Julio.  Health, stye of play is not as physical, just have this feeling that I obviously I can't prove but just feel like AB needs football more then Julio and will bust his butt to play as long as he can. I predict from his age 31 on season that AB will be the most prolific WR in the history of the NFL other then Jerry Rice was from his age 31 season on.

22 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Got a team in one league of mine that had AB and Julio, wanted to rebuild and hard shopped both since off-season. This person also hates the 2019 draft but found takers for both finally.

I believe for AB he got back James Washington and 2020#1 pick that is bordeline playoff at best. For Julio he got back a better return which was Ridley and 2020#1 from similar playoff situated team. I personally thought it was really bad trades for both teams that got the older WR's because neither team is good enough to compete but I was also happy to see the trades go down because I've got a lot of youth and 2020 picks and I feel like a few weeks into the season when those teams realize they are not contenders I can try and buy one of those older WR's for less then they paid.

Until a few weeks ago I had two Julio/AB teams of my own.  FWIW despite being one year older and switching teams I prefer AB over Julio.  Health, stye of play is not as physical, just have this feeling that I obviously I can't prove but just feel like AB needs football more then Julio and will bust his butt to play as long as he can. I predict from his age 31 on season that AB will be the most prolific WR in the history of the NFL other then Jerry Rice was from his age 31 season on.

That's possible, but he's going to have to pass Fitz first. His age 32, 33, 34 seasons were pretty amazing. And this one could be pretty good too.

Age 32: 109 Rec, 1215 yds, 9 TD's

Age 33: 107 Rec, 1023 yds, 6 TD's

Age 34: 109 Rec, 1156 yds., 6 TD's 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

I don't think anyone is discounting Julio less than AJG because of age.  It's just that Julio's discount comes from a higher starting point because he's been a much better fantasy player lately.

Julio Jones would be the #1 WR and probably #2 overall dynasty asset if he were 25.  AJG would not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gottabesweet said:

I agree.  

After this season, where does Julio rank?

AB as well?

Who are some younger WR targets?  Cooks, Kupp, Golladay, Ridley?

The Julio Jones, Antonio Browns, Adam Thielen's, T.Y. Hilton's of the fantasy world.  I think they retain their value as WR15 at best.  There are very few young WR's that I believe will elevate themselves into a dynasty WR1.  But WR15 or later is also a steal for those types of players.  They should be sitting near there for the next 2 years, then start falling off even more than they have already.  AB might fall off sooner than Julio since Julio has this continuity, AB is in a new scheme with new everything.  Maybe a down year then back to normalcy for him?  

Part of their fall off in value will be the 2020 class along with the 2019 class and what they do this year.  I only see Harry, Deebo, Metcalf, and Campbell as possibly pushing past them this year because of their immediate impact.  I would say AJ Brown as well but his situation says it'll be basically impossible for him to get there.  But as for the 4 I mentioned it seems very unlikely they produce that highly to be considered that high.  

Golladay, and Godwin might be the only 2 young WR's (other than rookies) that COULD vault past them, personally I don't see it though.  I think they'll be great players but they won't elevate to WR1 fantasy status.  If you're wondering about DJ Moore, I put him ahead of those guys already.  But feel free to include him. 

Let's say that 3 of those names do extremely well this year and vault past.  Considering all of that, the highest I could imagine the aging elite vets is probably WR18.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

The Julio Jones, Antonio Browns, Adam Thielen's, T.Y. Hilton's of the fantasy world.  I think they retain their value as WR15 at best.  There are very few young WR's that I believe will elevate themselves into a dynasty WR1.  But WR15 or later is also a steal for those types of players.  They should be sitting near there for the next 2 years, then start falling off even more than they have already.  AB might fall off sooner than Julio since Julio has this continuity, AB is in a new scheme with new everything.  Maybe a down year then back to normalcy for him?  

Part of their fall off in value will be the 2020 class along with the 2019 class and what they do this year.  I only see Harry, Deebo, Metcalf, and Campbell as possibly pushing past them this year because of their immediate impact.  I would say AJ Brown as well but his situation says it'll be basically impossible for him to get there.  But as for the 4 I mentioned it seems very unlikely they produce that highly to be considered that high.  

Golladay, and Godwin might be the only 2 young WR's (other than rookies) that COULD vault past them, personally I don't see it though.  I think they'll be great players but they won't elevate to WR1 fantasy status.  If you're wondering about DJ Moore, I put him ahead of those guys already.  But feel free to include him. 

Let's say that 3 of those names do extremely well this year and vault past.  Considering all of that, the highest I could imagine the aging elite vets is probably WR18.  

Isabella?

7 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Isabella?

It's possible to group him in there as well.  I just believe his entire rookie season will be hit/miss with some big hits and big misses.  His 2020 outlook will depend on what Kyler looks like, and what he looks like, and then I would imagine the majority of dynasty players will say he needs to be bigger to be considered that high.  

I mean look at Brandin Cooks, he's the exact example that Isabella could turn into if things break right.  And he isn't viewed as a consensus top15 dynasty WR most of the time.  So it's hard to see him break into that category and be viewed as a better dynasty asset than any of the aging vets.  

14 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

I'm with you on Sammy, but you might be surprised how much value he still has and it got a huge boost with Tyreek's situation. I can't remember the deals now, but I've seen him moved for waaaay more than I'd pay. 

Which is what, exactly?

8 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Which is what, exactly?

If I needed WR help, I guess I'd pay a late 1st. But in reality, I'd much rather turn that late 1st into a random 2020 1st than Sammy.

There are just so many guys I'd rather have than Sammy. In a vacuum (ignoring trade value), I'd rather have guys like Allen Robinson and Lockett (two guys around Sammy's age). I want to say I saw Sammy go for 1.02 in one of my leagues (right after the Tyreek news) but I'm not sure if there was anything extra on either side. Not that the 1.02 is particularly valuable in this class, but people in the trade thread were saying they'd take 1.07 over Allen Robinson.

Cool.  I like high upside swings like Watkins, but only at the right prices.  And I agree if it takes a late 1st to get him, if I'd rather invest elsewhere.  I'd take Fant as a late 1st candidate over 2020 1st but other than him or someone unexpected slipping I think I'd also just rather roll the dice on 2020. 

On 5/23/2019 at 9:28 AM, cloppbeast said:

I paid picks 5 and 15 earlier this month. It was his counter to pick 5 and Anthony Miller. After completion, another owner indicated he would have paid more.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, thriftyrocker said:

I paid picks 5 and 15 earlier this month. It was his counter to pick 5 and Anthony Miller. After completion, another owner indicated he would have paid more.

Decent haul I think. Miller would have been better.

Ages 30 and 31 is a good time to sell a wr, if you're going to. Value will fall off quickly even if they produce but especially if they have a down year or get injured. It's either sell now or ride it out.

I think Julio is the type to produce into his mid 30s, even late 30s, but I guess that's a big chance too. I reluctantly sold him today for moving back in the 1st this year but got two 2020 1sts, three 2nds, and david njoku. Couldnt say no. 

Edited by cloppbeast

2 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

If I needed WR help, I guess I'd pay a late 1st. But in reality, I'd much rather turn that late 1st into a random 2020 1st than Sammy.

There are just so many guys I'd rather have than Sammy. In a vacuum (ignoring trade value), I'd rather have guys like Allen Robinson and Lockett (two guys around Sammy's age). I want to say I saw Sammy go for 1.02 in one of my leagues (right after the Tyreek news) but I'm not sure if there was anything extra on either side. Not that the 1.02 is particularly valuable in this class, but people in the trade thread were saying they'd take 1.07 over Allen Robinson.

I’d take 1.07 over both Robinson and Watkins. In fact, I had 1.07 and drafted Fant and I probably would not give him up if someone offered me both of those guys.

3 hours ago, kutta said:

I’d take 1.07 over both Robinson and Watkins. In fact, I had 1.07 and drafted Fant and I probably would not give him up if someone offered me both of those guys.

Before the NFL draft, I'd have been 50/50 on it, but to me the NFL draft tanked the value of every draft pick, making it the weakest class I can remember. No way I'm getting excited about a rookie TE drafted by Elway. I get that the combine and pre-draft hype for Fant was solid, but TEs are the slowest to produce and Elway has not earned my confidence.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

Before the NFL draft, I'd have been 50/50 on it, but to me the NFL draft tanked the value of every draft pick, making it the weakest class I can remember. No way I'm getting excited about a rookie TE drafted by Elway. I get that the combine and pre-draft hype for Fant was solid, but TEs are the slowest to produce and Elway has not earned my confidence.

I can agree with that. I just think Fant has the potential to be truly special where Robinson and Watkins have pretty much proven that they aren’t. I’ll take the upside with the risk that it may not pan out.

Edited by kutta