Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Price check on DJ Chark? I have him, and I’m sitting in a decent spot at WR with Golladay, Moore, Parker, Kirk and Sterling. Late 1st? 

Definitely more than a late 1st. Especially the way this class is shaking out now. 

He's an athletic phenom who had surprising pedigree--and is now living up to it and showing technical skills at the position that no one expected him to develop. He's very very good, young, and seems to have broken out now. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Definitely more than a late 1st. Especially the way this class is shaking out now. 

He's an athletic phenom who had surprising pedigree--and is now living up to it and showing technical skills at the position that no one expected him to develop. He's very very good, young, and seems to have broken out now. 

I agree. I just don’t see anyone in my league giving more than that, so I’m probably better off just hanging on to him. 

Not sure if this belongs here exactly, but I just turned down this offer in FFPC Superflex:

My Mahomes 

for

Carr, Mack, 1.08, 1.12, 3.07

I'm actually a little bit of a Mack believer, but less so about the Colts in general. Carr is meh but superflex he has value for sure. I told the guy he needed a godfather offer to get Mahomes, who I never want to trade, and this is what he sent. I said there is zero chance I would do it without a much higher 1st round pick this year. He does own the 1.03 but I'm really not looking to move Mahomes.

26 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Price check on DJ Chark? I have him, and I’m sitting in a decent spot at WR with Golladay, Moore, Parker, Kirk and Sterling. Late 1st? 

23 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Well I like this. I was considering using either Chark or McLaurin plus a late first to try and move up to 2 or 3. Didn't think DJC/TML were worth quite that much.

42 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Not sure if this belongs here exactly, but I just turned down this offer in FFPC Superflex:

My Mahomes 

for

I'm actually a little bit of a Mack believer, but less so about the Colts in general. Carr is meh but superflex he has value for sure. I told the guy he needed a godfather offer to get Mahomes, who I never want to trade, and this is what he sent. I said there is zero chance I would do it without a much higher 1st round pick this year. He does own the 1.03 but I'm really not looking to move Mahomes.

Yeah, in a SF that wouldn't even be close for me.

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

My Mahomes 

for

Superflex? This offer is not remotely close. You would need two stud player, like McCaffrey and Michael Thomas if the picks in the trade are all 1.8 or later.

I play in one Superflex dynasty, and, if I owned Mahomes, I wouldn't trade him for anything I can imagine being offered, not even McCaffrey , Thomas, 1.8, 1.12, and 3.7.

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Was traded in a FFPC league of mine a few weeks ago for Anthony Miller and a 2.9. All I got.

• Like 1

Just now, menobrown said:

Was traded in a FFPC league of mine a few weeks ago for Anthony Miller and a 2.9. All I got.

Phew. It’d certainly take more than that for me. Then again, I’ve never been big on Miller. 

21 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

Superflex? This offer is not remotely close. You would need two stud player, like McCaffrey and Michael Thomas if the picks in the trade are all 1.8 or later.

I play in one Superflex dynasty, and, if I owned Mahomes, I wouldn't trade him for anything I can imagine being offered, not even McCaffrey , Thomas, 1.8, 1.12, and 3.7.

50 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Yeah, in a SF that wouldn't even be close for me.

I have no intention to move Mahomes either. 

I'm trying to move Sutton to get into the 1st round of this draft since I leveraged my future on the startup last year. I have a good competitive squad but I need another RB or two pretty badly. I can afford to move Sutton, Waller or Andrews, but nobody seems to want Sutton, weirdly. Maybe they do but nobody wants to move 2020 1sts. Can't blame them. The ones I own aren't moving anywhere either.

Any ideas about value of Kareem Hunt? League is PPR, start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 flex. I'm thinking about trading him for help at WR, received an offer of Mecole Hardman. Is that comparable value?

47 minutes ago, roarlions said:

Any ideas about value of Kareem Hunt? League is PPR, start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 flex. I'm thinking about trading him for help at WR, received an offer of Mecole Hardman. Is that comparable value?

I don't consider Hardman to be remotely worth Hunt even if he returns for Cleveland for another year.

I would strongly advise you to hang onto Hunt unless you find someone who assumes he is leaving CLE and will pay accordingly.  If he left Cleveland I'd put his value around 3-4 pick range myself and reality is would probably not trade him for anything lower then pick 2 if he departs Cleveland, not at least until NFL draft concludes.. He's a proven stud who proved he's not a by-product of KC offense and while 25 the last two years have drastically reduced his wear and tear.  Even if he remains in Cleveland he was usable last year and should likely only be one more year, and with the RB crop getting thinned out like it did I'd still value him somewhere around a middle first if he's still a Brown next year.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, roarlions said:

Hardman wouldn’t move the needle enough for me. If he departs from Cleveland and goes to a Tampa or Houston, he’s going to see a drastic jump in value. Even if he I knew he were staying in Cleveland, I’d still prefer him to a Hardman. 

Thanks for the replies about Hunt, I'll hold him to see what happens with him during the offseason. 

10 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Super flex, draft ongoing. He was taken just before the 1.08. probably a little higher in non SF.  (although I wouldn't pay that much)

7 hours ago, roarlions said:

Taken before Kirk in the SF, 1.5 rounds before hardeman. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I picked him up in a 1QB PPR league late this year for Dak, Watkins, 1.12. I received Chark and the 2.01.

1 hour ago, wgoldsph said:

Price check on George Kittle?  Regular ppr?  Am I right in assuming he's worth 1.01 plus?

Normal league? Flex lineups? He starts regardless but I give a little more value even to the elite TEs if I can start more than one. I think he's worth a little more than the pick regardless. But can see where others prefer the possible stud RB.

54 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Normal league? Flex lineups? He starts regardless but I give a little more value even to the elite TEs if I can start more than one. I think he's worth a little more than the pick regardless. But can see where others prefer the possible stud RB.

Normal league with flex.  I figure a qb, 2rb,3wr, 1te,1flex(rb/wr/te) league is average setup.

5 hours ago, Mark Football said:

I picked him up in a 1QB PPR league late this year for Dak, Watkins, 1.12. I received Chark and the 2.01.

This is awful. It's just Dak essentially

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Price check on George Kittle?  Regular ppr?  Am I right in assuming he's worth 1.01 plus?

Full PPR across the board or TE premium PPR?  TE premium I think he's worth slightly more than the 1.01.  Non premium I prefer the 1.01.  

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 8:45 PM, barackdhouse said:

Yeah I agree I'd hold Hunt as well. 

Based on the latest news I'd probably be lucky if I could get Hardman for him. 😥

6 hours ago, roarlions said:

Based on the latest news I'd probably be lucky if I could get Hardman for him. 😥

I’d have taken Hardman before the news but maybe it’s because I’ve been burned by guys like him too many times.

23 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

I’d have taken Hardman before the news but maybe it’s because I’ve been burned by guys like him too many times.

I would not take two Hardman's for him now.

10 hours ago, menobrown said:

I would not take two Hardman's for him now.

For the guys advocating for keeping Hunt, what would it take in terms of a WR or 2020 draft pick for you to part with him?

6 minutes ago, roarlions said:

For the guys advocating for keeping Hunt, what would it take in terms of a WR or 2020 draft pick for you to part with him?

After his latest run-in, I’d let him go for anything in the 1.06-1.08 range. Player wise, if I could get like a Chark I’d jump all over it. I don’t think a suspension or anything is coming from his traffic stop, but it does make me wonder if we’re just waiting for his next incident to happen.  Maybe he’s just kind of a knucklehead? And this could give pause to teams that were hoping to sign him in free agency. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roarlions said:

Boyd, Ridley, Kirk, Landry type for me.  I'd personally keep him though.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

After his latest run-in, I’d let him go for anything in the 1.06-1.08 range. Player wise, if I could get like a Chark I’d jump all over it. I don’t think a suspension or anything is coming from his traffic stop, but it does make me wonder if we’re just waiting for his next incident to happen.  Maybe he’s just kind of a knucklehead? And this could give pause to teams that were hoping to sign him in free agency. 

Not sure you would get that good of an offer for a player who is so close to jeapordizing his playing career.   Granted, the speeding ticket alone is not the issue, but the whole life choices he is making and how it is creating problems for teams.....  I am not interested in him for anything more than late 2nd or John Ross caliber player.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Sorry, you're not getting anything near that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Not sure you would get that good of an offer for a player who is so close to jeapordizing his playing career.   Granted, the speeding ticket alone is not the issue, but the whole life choices he is making and how it is creating problems for teams.....  I am not interested in him for anything more than late 2nd or John Ross caliber player.  

I don’t disagree. I don’t own Hunt, but the guy who does received an offer for him for the 1.10 a couple weeks ago and immediately shot it down. I’d be interested to know if he’d take that now, but I doubt it’s still on the table. 

7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Fair enough. Like I said, I don’t own him I’m just going by what I know has been offered for him lately and what has been turned down. That said, if I did own him and all I was getting offered was 2nds, I’m holding at that point. 

38 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

After his latest run-in, I’d let him go for anything in the 1.06-1.08 range.

My position on him remains as it was when this offseason started and that's he is value rests largely on how FA goes for him.  If he gets out of Cleveland this year instead of needing to wait another year in hopes it happens his value soars. I understand that video is another obstacle for this to happen that's still what drives his value to me, not the video or any suspension risk.  And when I say get out of Cleveland that just means landing more of a feature back role, nothing against Cleveland.

If he can get a starting spot,  you could not get him from me for 1.6-1.8. So maybe you can't get that today, bet you can if he FA goes well for him.

But Andy you say nothing near that and I value him over a late one right now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Fair enough. Like I said, I don’t own him I’m just going by what I know has been offered for him lately and what has been turned down. That said, if I did own him and all I was getting offered was 2nds, I’m holding at that point. 

As one who let Tyreek Hill go for peanuts and later really regretted it, this would probably be the right course of action.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

3 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Boyd, Ridley, Kirk, Landry type for me.  I'd personally keep him though.  

You mean Riley Ridley has value?! 🤣

• Like 1

Where do you guys see Marlon Mack’s value at currently? I’ve been offered him straight up for Minshew (two QB dynasty) and I’m debating on whether or not to pull the trigger. I’d still have Russell, Kyler, Tanny and Mariota at QB. 

11 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Where do you guys see Marlon Mack’s value at currently? I’ve been offered him straight up for Minshew (two QB dynasty) and I’m debating on whether or not to pull the trigger. I’d still have Russell, Kyler, Tanny and Mariota at QB. 

I'd pass for Minshew pretty easily.  I'd need a top12 QB for Mack.  Plus I don't think we've really seen what Minshew is yet, I'm a little skeptical.  

3 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I'd pass for Minshew pretty easily.  I'd need a top12 QB for Mack.  Plus I don't think we've really seen what Minshew is yet, I'm a little skeptical.  

I think he is getting Mack and giving up Minshew....

5 minutes ago, Gally said:

I think he is getting Mack and giving up Minshew....

Yes...sorry if that wasn't clear.

The start 2 QB thing makes this a lot closer but I think I do this if Mack upgrades a starter. Tannehill probably enters the season as a starter and Mariota probably enters the season as a backup so you won't be flush with bench talent.

• Like 1

My money would be on Minshew winning the job but I would not assume he will be the Jags opening day starting QB. Marrone has already said it's a competition. I get that Minshew is young but Marrone needs to win like yesterday to keep his job. And yes I know Foles got benched for him last year but it's possible the layoff impacted him. Now Foles losing the OC whose system he was familiar certainly does give Minshew a huge leg up when he likely already was the favorite but I still would not be shocked if he lost the job.

I don't imagine they can find anyone to take Foles off their hands via trade but got to think if by slim chance they could, they'd have a lot of interest in Dalton.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:36 PM, RushHour said:
On 1/4/2020 at 4:38 PM, Zyphros said:

Rank these TE's for their future dynasty value

Gerald Everett, Tyler Higbee, Ian Thomas, Jonnu Smith, Irv Smith Jr, Hayden Hurst, Will Dissly

All of them showed off a little this year at times, all are basically 26 or younger (except Higbee who is 27), and all are potential breakout's next year.  

Personally I'd rank them:

Jonnu Smith

Tyler Higbee

Ian Thomas

Irv Smith Jr

Will Dissly

Gerald Everett

Hayden Hurst

It seems like Mike Gesicki should be in this discussion. He's turning 25 and entering his 3rd season. Started to come on a bit at the end of last season.

2 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

It seems like Mike Gesicki should be in this discussion. He's turning 25 and entering his 3rd season. Started to come on a bit at the end of last season.

True. I've never been a fan of Gesicki and I wouldn't be keen to acquire him, but he'd still be about in the middle of this pack for me. 

Kerryon Johnson ? I offered 1.11 for him but owner counter with Kerryon for my 1.11 and 1.12 …..not sure about two late 1sts 

5 minutes ago, Drezden said:

Kerryon Johnson ? I offered 1.11 for him but owner counter with Kerryon for my 1.11 and 1.12 …..not sure about two late 1sts 

Took one of biggest falls in terms of stock for me this year but fwiw I started from a point of really being high on him.  Was one of my top RB's I was trying to buy last off season along with Dalvin and Fournette. Sometimes being lucky is better then being good because I had success buying the first two and struck out buying Kerryon.

He had a chance to make Patrica rethink using such a RBBC approach but he went down, they liked what they got out of Scarbrough and all I'm hearing now from multiple Lion beat writers  is a rotation involving those two plus Ty Johnson next year is the plan.  The 1.11 was a solid offer, I'd hard pass at what is being asked of you to give.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Drezden said:

No way

29 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

In standard .5 PPR what do you guys think Waller's value is.  I have someone that wants him badly but doesn't have a 1st round pick this year and I only have Fant as a backup?

The only way I would consider paying a 1st for Waller is if it was TE premium scoring, and even then it would be a very late 1st.

25 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Waller/2021 3rd for Deebo/2021 1st.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

eta: Deebo > Waller and 2021 1st > Waller, so this offer isn't going to be taken seriously

Edited by tangfoot
  • Like 2

Not sure I agree with your valuation there.  TEs are hard to come by.  Especially 1000 yard TEs that play in a very TE friendly offense.  Samuel is in a run friendly offense and his numbers will be limited.  Plus, I don't value future picks as high since who knows where they will be.  Due to not having a fall back option (other than Fant) I'd have to get great value to make the trade in the 1st place.  This is a guy that gave up his 1st and Brandin Cooks for DJ early this year.