What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

We all know the end often comes suddenly and without warning signs.  Sometimes guys taper off slowly, but at least as often if not moreso guys just suddenly drop off a cliff, like Jordy Nelson who was 97-1300-14 at age 31 and then never had another useful fantasy season.

It's possible the Julio will pull a Frank Gore or TO and be useful into his mid-30's, but those kind of guys are by far the exception.
I would point to Julio's freak man status as an indicator he won't just fall off the cliff. Losing a step won't be such a big deal for him as it is for a regular human. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well interestingly enough, I think Julio's PERCEIVED value (right or wrong) is way down. Not a single offer, email, or inquiry after letting the league know I was shopping that duo. Someone else had asked, what did my roster look like, was I contender, I'd like to think I am in the running:

Lamar Jackson, Cam, Taysom Hill

Zeke, Bell, Lindsay, Guice, Darwin Thompson, Boston Scott

Evans, Godwin, Julio, McLaurin, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Diontae Johnson, Parris Campbell, Isabella, Sims, Butler 

Goedert, Henry, Ian Thomas

Picks 1.2, 1.11, 2.2, 2.11, 3.11

My biggest issue is I have to get this roster down to 22 total players and picks before the draft. I can drop SCott and Taysom Hill, but after that really no fat to trim (I'm actually pretty high on Sims long term, I think he could have a Crowder like slot role in DC). And I'd still be at 26 total players/picks. So I'm going to have to do some multi trade for 1 player type of deals if I can find the trade partners. 

Well interestingly enough, I think Julio's PERCEIVED value (right or wrong) is way down. Not a single offer, email, or inquiry after letting the league know I was shopping that duo. Someone else had asked, what did my roster look like, was I contender, I'd like to think I am in the running:

Evans, Godwin, Julio, McLaurin, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Diontae Johnson, Parris Campbell, Isabella, Sims, Butler 

My biggest issue is I have to get this roster down to 22 total players and picks before the draft. I can drop SCott and Taysom Hill, but after that really no fat to trim (I'm actually pretty high on Sims long term, I think he could have a Crowder like slot role in DC). And I'd still be at 26 total players/picks. So I'm going to have to do some multi trade for 1 player type of deals if I can find the trade partners. 
For what it's worth I've got Scott as possibly your RB3. I count 7 people I would cut before him. I think he has shown he is the #2 to Miles Sanders in a productive offense where he can catch the ball. Or fill in when needed. If Guice doesn't bounce back or if Lindsay continues to split with Freeman then I'd put Scott as your RB3. Either way I'd still rather have him at RB5 than some of those names. I'd keep Sims.

Butler and both your backup qbs (if a one qb league) are super easy cuts to me.

You should be trying to move one of Evans or Godwin, having players competing for the same stats on one team doesn't help you.

I have a hard time giving up on a rookie WR who barely played and went on IR. May be a fault of mine in this hobby but he, Isabella, Campbell, several WRs didn’t explode last year but I feel like we should at least give them a year to adjust to the league right? 

Difference in value between Kamara and Josh Jacobs? Jacobs almost three years younger but they resigned Richards so prolly little third down work again. Kamara coming off a down year and his future contract and Brees are question marks. 

I have a hard time giving up on a rookie WR who barely played and went on IR. May be a fault of mine in this hobby but he, Isabella, Campbell, several WRs didn’t explode last year but I feel like we should at least give them a year to adjust to the league right? 
I feel like butler was always way overhyped.  He was a strictly jump ball guy with bad hands.  Worked in college because of his size, wasn't going to work in the NFL.

wgoldsph said:
You should be trying to move one of Evans or Godwin, having players competing for the same stats on one team doesn't help you.
Just had to post that I hate this sentiment/rule that people operate under. If you had Evans and Godwin both on your team last year, chances are high that you were pretty happy overall until the injuries hit. The idea that you should be worried about starting both of them on the same fantasy squad is asinine. If you put two players individually on any squad in your league and they are must start, they remain that way when you put them on the same squad.

You could argue that starting both lowers your ceiling and your floor (while bolstering your likelihood of having them normalize into their combined average scores) but that shouldn’t be a consideration unless you are a massive underdog in a must win week (and I would still rather start my two wr1s)

fruity pebbles said:
Difference in value between Kamara and Josh Jacobs? Jacobs almost three years younger but they resigned Richards so prolly little third down work again. Kamara coming off a down year and his future contract and Brees are question marks. 
I have Kamara as RB6, Jacobs at RB15 (including rookies, RB11 without rookies).  On one hand Kamara without Brees might be a difficult read on future production.  On the other hand, the Raiders don't seem to want to use Jacobs in a pass catching role.  Maybe something sorts it's way out, but I'm going with the more overall talented player ahead in ranking them.  I would imagine value wise I'd need a late 1st to bridge the gap.  I doubt someone would want to offer that though.  

Thought it was interesting.  Had a trade offer in my inbox of a guy offering me DJ (and a few useless picks) for my 1.07.  Does that sound about right to you guys?  I would have assumed his value is in the toilet and much lower but if he's still carrying 1st round value, maybe I need to sell him in my other league.

Thought it was interesting.  Had a trade offer in my inbox of a guy offering me DJ (and a few useless picks) for my 1.07.  Does that sound about right to you guys?  I would have assumed his value is in the toilet and much lower but if he's still carrying 1st round value, maybe I need to sell him in my other league.
Not close.

2.07, maybe.

I own DJ and I've been one of his biggest supporters. But I would jump all over a first round pick if it was offered.

Had a trade offer in my inbox of a guy offering me DJ (and a few useless picks) for my 1.07.  Does that sound about right to you guys?  I
Got dealt in a league of mine back in late December right after week 16. Got back 2.4 and 2.9. Owner who got DJ told me later he regretted it. I would as well.

wgoldsph said:

Just had to post that I hate this sentiment/rule that people operate under. If you had Evans and Godwin both on your team last year, chances are high that you were pretty happy overall until the injuries hit. The idea that you should be worried about starting both of them on the same fantasy squad is asinine. If you put two players individually on any squad in your league and they are must start, they remain that way when you put them on the same squad.

You could argue that starting both lowers your ceiling and your floor (while bolstering your likelihood of having them normalize into their combined average scores) but that shouldn’t be a consideration unless you are a massive underdog in a must win week (and I would still rather start my two wr1s)
I completely agree with gabes1919. With the two studs on one team you balance out their highs and lows, and you have the unique benefit that if one is hurt, you own the guy who will get the spillover.  

Don’t know if you guys ever seen Mahomes moved in dynasty leagues but I bought him today with a team that is completely stacked so felt I could make the deal. It’s the only time I’ve seen him moved in all 10 of my dynasty leagues over the last 2 years. This is a 12 team league.

gave: Julio, Deebo, Winston, Haskins

got: Mahomes, 2.3

no doubt gave a ton but I’ll now start:

Mahomes

Zeke, Chubb, Jacobs (Lindsay for bye weeks)

Nuk, Hill, Evans (Hardman, Hollywood Brown, Gallup, Preston Williams, Diontae Johnson) 

Kelce (Engram) 

Don’t know if you guys ever seen Mahomes moved in dynasty leagues but I bought him today with a team that is completely stacked so felt I could make the deal. It’s the only time I’ve seen him moved in all 10 of my dynasty leagues over the last 2 years. This is a 12 team league.

gave: Julio, Deebo, Winston, Haskins

got: Mahomes, 2.3

no doubt gave a ton but I’ll now start:

Mahomes

Zeke, Chubb, Jacobs (Lindsay for bye weeks)

Nuk, Hill, Evans (Hardman, Hollywood Brown, Gallup, Preston Williams, Diontae Johnson) 

Kelce (Engram) 
Gave a ton?!? Deebo is a good, young WR, and Julio has a few more years but on the major downslope in value, and the other two are literally throw ins. And you still got a high 2nd back? Ridiculous!

you won that trade by a country mile. Or city mile. Or whatever mile you want. 

Currently conducting a dynasty auction. 

$1,000 cap. Jacobs was RB9 @  $145, kamara RB5 @ $164 (I won kamara). 

How about Damien Harris? Seems to be a risk to keep on teams that have some sort of cut downs, like 10 team keepers. Feels like a roll of the dice, not knowing the future of BB, Brady and the rest of the Pats.

ex-ghost said:
How about Damien Harris? Seems to be a risk to keep on teams that have some sort of cut downs, like 10 team keepers. Feels like a roll of the dice, not knowing the future of BB, Brady and the rest of the Pats.
I got offered a 4th for my Harris in one of my leagues.  Declined without countering because what's the point in a 4th?  People want to pay minimally, because they want 0 risk.  He's worth more.  

ex-ghost said:
What you do with him depends on the league format.  You took him in the second round last year in most rookie drafts and nobody is going to pay a 2nd for him this year.  In a dynasty league he's a hold.  In a cut down league you have as much idea as to what's going to happen with him next year as I do, so that's up to you.  The upside is there, but there's a floor of 0.

How about David Montgomery?  What 2020 draft pick would you be willing to give up for him?
I'm definitely a seller right now so not sure what I would spend for him, a mid 2nd? Most people will hold for that. I just moved him straight up for Slayton to a guy that said he really likes Slayton when I had offered him a 2nd and Jonnu Smith, who he said he actually liked. So somewhere between Smith/2nd and Slayton? He autoaccepted when I sent Montgomery. I know it doesn't answer your question but maybe a late 1st is what it adds up to?

How about David Montgomery?  What 2020 draft pick would you be willing to give up for him?
One thing I do with players like this is stack them up vs similar position players in the rookie draft. For me I'd take 6 RB's over him so I'd have ranked as RB7 if he was in this draft. Obviously expectation should be that at least Lamb and Jeudy go inside top 8. So for me the ceiling I'd pay is 1.9 but I'd have to be pretty hard up for a RB to pay that. If my RB need is more controllable or you just want to roster him because you think he's undervalued I'd look at paying something more in the 12-15 type range.

Davis, Corey TEN WR...he is on the trading block in all my leagues, but people asking at least late 1st for him in return , I offered 2.06 and 3rd in 2021, offer was rejected which is fine but comments like "you always want to pay 10 cents for 1 dollar" surprised me to be honest. I undervaluing Davis ? or people trying to sell Davis for his Last year value ? thanks

Davis, Corey TEN WR...he is on the trading block in all my leagues, but people asking at least late 1st for him in return , I offered 2.06 and 3rd in 2021, offer was rejected which is fine but comments like "you always want to pay 10 cents for 1 dollar" surprised me to be honest. I undervaluing Davis ? or people trying to sell Davis for his Last year value ? thanks
No one is going to pay a 1st for Corey Davis...at least no one  that knows what the heck they are doing. I'd say your 2.6 and a 3rd was generous. I wouldn't move a mid 2nd for Davis. 

I released Davis last October in a somewhat shallow dynasty (22 man rosters, 10 teams, at the time 56 RBs and 68 WRs were rostered). I don't regret it and wouldn't want to use a roster spot for him, so I wouldn't trade anything for him.

After a while, you have to pay/take what a guy is actually worth not what you'd hoped he'd be worth by now. His production doesn't warrant a first in return so I think you're close with a 2nd than folks expecting a 1st.

FWIW, I packaged Montgomery and the 2.11 for the 1.10 in a non-ppr back at the beginning of December (just before the FFB playoffs).

You made a credible initial offer.

In FFPC I turned down an offer last week where I was offered Corey Davis for Ebron and Ebron is not exactly in high demand right now but I'd just as well hold him and see where he lands because he's at least showed something.

I released Davis last October in a somewhat shallow dynasty (22 man rosters, 10 teams, at the time 56 RBs and 68 WRs were rostered). I don't regret it and wouldn't want to use a roster spot for him, so I wouldn't trade anything for him.
Granted this is FFPC and much leaner roster but at end of season I knew at best  I could only keep 1-2 out of Davis, Crowder, John Brown and Anthony Miller.  I ended up trading every one of them but if I'd not been able to make a trade I had Davis as the first cut. I used pick 1.2 on him, it hurts, but at some point you got to move on.

I own Corey Davis in a lot of leagues (mostly FFPC) and in most cases I would take the 2.06 for him if I could get that.   I wouldn't even consider asking for a first for him.  I still like his talent but I'm getting sick of looking at him on my rosters.  I'll probably cut him in some of those leagues.

Of course, I felt the same way about Devante Parker and finally dumped my last shares of him last year right before his breakout.

Has anyone traded for or traded away Josh Allen recently? I'm thinking about acquiring him in a start 1 QB league and wondering what it might take to get him.

I have 25 rookies ranked ahead of where I have Corey Davis ranked in my rankings.  I'm also high on Corey Davis on the whole.  I think he looked pretty good most of the time, but just didn't get the ball.  My theory is that Tannehill just found an instant connection with AJ Brown and didn't really connect with Davis.  Mariota didn't really connect with Davis over his multiple years either, so that is a concern.  I wouldn't pay a 2nd for Davis, but I'd be tempted to because I still believe. 

As for David Montgomery I have him a little higher, 21 rookies ahead of him in overall dynasty rankings.  I don't particularly like that spot for him, I also have him classified as a DND as I think he's a bust.  I wouldn't pay a 2nd for him.  

I literally gave him away in a trade last season in a salary/contract league to balance out the contract numbers. Deal was agreed on and I told the other side they had to take Davis to make the money work.

Has anyone traded for or traded away Josh Allen recently? I'm thinking about acquiring him in a start 1 QB league and wondering what it might take to get him.
I guess there haven't been any trades involving Josh Allen recently.

Let me ask a different question then. How many QBs in the 2020 draft class would you rank ahead of Josh? I have a late 2nd round pick where I can probably get the 3rd or 4th QB to be drafted by our 14 team league and am wondering if the QB I get there is likely to be better than Josh.

Let me ask a different question then. How many QBs in the 2020 draft class would you rank ahead of Josh? I have a late 2nd round pick where I can probably get the 3rd or 4th QB to be drafted by our 14 team league and am wondering if the QB I get there is likely to be better than Josh.
I'd probably put him equal to Herbert. But I wouldn't argue much if someone has him equal to burrow. 

I don't know if it answers your question but in a dynasty auction about to finish, Allen went for more than the 1.01 (superflex). And was the 4th most expensive QB, 6th most expensive player. 

I'd probably put him equal to Herbert. But I wouldn't argue much if someone has him equal to burrow. 

I don't know if it answers your question but in a dynasty auction about to finish, Allen went for more than the 1.01 (superflex). And was the 4th most expensive QB, 6th most expensive player. 
I'm surprised he was the 4th most expensive QB. Most of the dynasty rankings I've looked at have had him in 6 - 10 range for QBs (excluding rookie QBs).

Wow. Don’t tell me he went for more than Kyler? 

Are you relying on Josh Allen as your QB1 currently?  If so, I wouldn't mind getting one of the QBs ahead of the 3rd/4th rookie QB this year.  He seems to be somewhere around the QB8 in dynasty rankings, and I wouldn't consider him until QB15 or so. Just not a fan.

🤐 ($7 difference, equal to a player like Jerick McKinnon)

Wasn't me, although I was targeting him until I got Mahomes. 
Wow, that kinda blows my mind if Allen went for more than Kyler. I just see him being better than Allen in essentially every way. Maybe I’m just not the biggest Allen fan but if I sat down and made a QB ranking I doubt he’d be in my top 10. 

Are you relying on Josh Allen as your QB1 currently?  If so, I wouldn't mind getting one of the QBs ahead of the 3rd/4th rookie QB this year.  He seems to be somewhere around the QB8 in dynasty rankings, and I wouldn't consider him until QB15 or so. Just not a fan.
I currently have Brees and Cam in this league and had been counting on Cam to be my QB long term until I could draft a young guy, but that plan isn't working so well now. Allen finished as QB11 in the league last year and was only 12 points behind QB7 (Rodgers). His 500 rushing yards and 9 rushing TDs were obviously a big part of that finish. If I keep my late 2nd round pick and can trade for Allen I might use the pick on 1 of the rookie QBs, depending on who else is available. Unfortunately the late 2nd round pick is the earliest I have this year, so to try to get one of the earlier QBs I'd have to make a trade for probably a mid to late 1st round pick (the first couple rookie QBs always seem to get drafted late in the 1st round or early 2nd round in this league).

I currently have Brees and Cam in this league and had been counting on Cam to be my QB long term until I could draft a young guy, but that plan isn't working so well now. Allen finished as QB11 in the league last year and was only 12 points behind QB7 (Rodgers). His 500 rushing yards and 9 rushing TDs were obviously a big part of that finish. If I keep my late 2nd round pick and can trade for Allen I might use the pick on 1 of the rookie QBs, depending on who else is available. Unfortunately the late 2nd round pick is the earliest I have this year, so to try to get one of the earlier QBs I'd have to make a trade for probably a mid to late 1st round pick (the first couple rookie QBs always seem to get drafted late in the 1st round or early 2nd round in this league).
I would punt or try to get someone that had a down year.  You're not desperate for a QB, rostering three guys who will be 2020 starters and two of them will likely be QB1s.
I can't fathom wanting a 4th QB on my roster in a start-1 QB league.

I would punt or try to get someone that had a down year.  You're not desperate for a QB, rostering three guys who will be 2020 starters and two of them will likely be QB1s.
I can't fathom wanting a 4th QB on my roster in a start-1 QB league.
I might be trading Cam to get Allen and I can't count on Brees being around for much longer. So Allen and possibly a rookie would be my new long term plan. Our rosters have 28 players so plenty of room to carry 3 QBs if I deal Cam.

I might be trading Cam to get Allen and I can't count on Brees being around for much longer. So Allen and possibly a rookie would be my new long term plan. Our rosters have 28 players so plenty of room to carry 3 QBs if I deal Cam.
Allen seems to be sandwiched between Dak and Wentz in the rankings I'm looking at, I'd much rather have either of them if the price is similar.  I get what you're saying about trying to get out from under Cam and Brees, I just think it's more economical to continue to acquire aged veterans at the position.

Users who are viewing this thread