Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, ex-ghost said:

How about Damien Harris? Seems to be a risk to keep on teams that have some sort of cut downs, like 10 team keepers. Feels like a roll of the dice, not knowing the future of BB, Brady and the rest of the Pats.

I got offered a 4th for my Harris in one of my leagues.  Declined without countering because what's the point in a 4th?  People want to pay minimally, because they want 0 risk.  He's worth more.  

2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I got offered a 4th for my Harris in one of my leagues.  Declined without countering because what's the point in a 4th?  People want to pay minimally, because they want 0 risk.  He's worth more.  

Is this FFPC?

7 hours ago, ex-ghost said:

How about Damien Harris? Seems to be a risk to keep on teams that have some sort of cut downs, like 10 team keepers. Feels like a roll of the dice, not knowing the future of BB, Brady and the rest of the Pats.

What you do with him depends on the league format.  You took him in the second round last year in most rookie drafts and nobody is going to pay a 2nd for him this year.  In a dynasty league he's a hold.  In a cut down league you have as much idea as to what's going to happen with him next year as I do, so that's up to you.  The upside is there, but there's a floor of 0.

3 hours ago, menobrown said:

Is this FFPC?

no, it's a 30 man roster league I run.  I would understand the 4th consideration in FFPC, but I don't value 4th's as anything more than a $5 blind bid in free agency in those leagues.  

31 minutes ago, aaj1997 said:

How about David Montgomery?  What 2020 draft pick would you be willing to give up for him?

I'm definitely a seller right now so not sure what I would spend for him, a mid 2nd? Most people will hold for that. I just moved him straight up for Slayton to a guy that said he really likes Slayton when I had offered him a 2nd and Jonnu Smith, who he said he actually liked. So somewhere between Smith/2nd and Slayton? He autoaccepted when I sent Montgomery. I know it doesn't answer your question but maybe a late 1st is what it adds up to?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, aaj1997 said:

How about David Montgomery?  What 2020 draft pick would you be willing to give up for him?

One thing I do with players like this is stack them up vs similar position players in the rookie draft. For me I'd take 6 RB's over him so I'd have ranked as RB7 if he was in this draft. Obviously expectation should be that at least Lamb and Jeudy go inside top 8. So for me the ceiling I'd pay is 1.9 but I'd have to be pretty hard up for a RB to pay that. If my RB need is more controllable or you just want to roster him because you think he's undervalued I'd look at paying something more in the 12-15 type range.

• Like 2

Davis, Corey TEN WR...he is on the trading block in all my leagues, but people asking at least late 1st for him in return , I offered 2.06 and 3rd in 2021, offer was rejected which is fine but comments like "you always want to pay 10 cents for 1 dollar" surprised me to be honest. I undervaluing Davis ? or people trying to sell Davis for his Last year value ? thanks

13 minutes ago, Drezden said:

Davis, Corey TEN WR...he is on the trading block in all my leagues, but people asking at least late 1st for him in return , I offered 2.06 and 3rd in 2021, offer was rejected which is fine but comments like "you always want to pay 10 cents for 1 dollar" surprised me to be honest. I undervaluing Davis ? or people trying to sell Davis for his Last year value ? thanks

No one is going to pay a 1st for Corey Davis...at least no one  that knows what the heck they are doing. I'd say your 2.6 and a 3rd was generous. I wouldn't move a mid 2nd for Davis. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Drezden said:

I released Davis last October in a somewhat shallow dynasty (22 man rosters, 10 teams, at the time 56 RBs and 68 WRs were rostered). I don't regret it and wouldn't want to use a roster spot for him, so I wouldn't trade anything for him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Drezden said:

After a while, you have to pay/take what a guy is actually worth not what you'd hoped he'd be worth by now. His production doesn't warrant a first in return so I think you're close with a 2nd than folks expecting a 1st.

1 hour ago, aaj1997 said:

FWIW, I packaged Montgomery and the 2.11 for the 1.10 in a non-ppr back at the beginning of December (just before the FFB playoffs).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Drezden said:

You made a credible initial offer.

In FFPC I turned down an offer last week where I was offered Corey Davis for Ebron and Ebron is not exactly in high demand right now but I'd just as well hold him and see where he lands because he's at least showed something.

9 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

I released Davis last October in a somewhat shallow dynasty (22 man rosters, 10 teams, at the time 56 RBs and 68 WRs were rostered). I don't regret it and wouldn't want to use a roster spot for him, so I wouldn't trade anything for him.

Granted this is FFPC and much leaner roster but at end of season I knew at best  I could only keep 1-2 out of Davis, Crowder, John Brown and Anthony Miller.  I ended up trading every one of them but if I'd not been able to make a trade I had Davis as the first cut. I used pick 1.2 on him, it hurts, but at some point you got to move on.

• Like 1

I own Corey Davis in a lot of leagues (mostly FFPC) and in most cases I would take the 2.06 for him if I could get that.   I wouldn't even consider asking for a first for him.  I still like his talent but I'm getting sick of looking at him on my rosters.  I'll probably cut him in some of those leagues.

Of course, I felt the same way about Devante Parker and finally dumped my last shares of him last year right before his breakout.

• Like 1

Has anyone traded for or traded away Josh Allen recently? I'm thinking about acquiring him in a start 1 QB league and wondering what it might take to get him.

I have 25 rookies ranked ahead of where I have Corey Davis ranked in my rankings.  I'm also high on Corey Davis on the whole.  I think he looked pretty good most of the time, but just didn't get the ball.  My theory is that Tannehill just found an instant connection with AJ Brown and didn't really connect with Davis.  Mariota didn't really connect with Davis over his multiple years either, so that is a concern.  I wouldn't pay a 2nd for Davis, but I'd be tempted to because I still believe. 

As for David Montgomery I have him a little higher, 21 rookies ahead of him in overall dynasty rankings.  I don't particularly like that spot for him, I also have him classified as a DND as I think he's a bust.  I wouldn't pay a 2nd for him.  

3 hours ago, Just Win Baby said:

I literally gave him away in a trade last season in a salary/contract league to balance out the contract numbers. Deal was agreed on and I told the other side they had to take Davis to make the money work.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, roarlions said:

Has anyone traded for or traded away Josh Allen recently? I'm thinking about acquiring him in a start 1 QB league and wondering what it might take to get him.

I guess there haven't been any trades involving Josh Allen recently.

Let me ask a different question then. How many QBs in the 2020 draft class would you rank ahead of Josh? I have a late 2nd round pick where I can probably get the 3rd or 4th QB to be drafted by our 14 team league and am wondering if the QB I get there is likely to be better than Josh.

12 minutes ago, roarlions said:

Let me ask a different question then. How many QBs in the 2020 draft class would you rank ahead of Josh? I have a late 2nd round pick where I can probably get the 3rd or 4th QB to be drafted by our 14 team league and am wondering if the QB I get there is likely to be better than Josh.

I'd probably put him equal to Herbert. But I wouldn't argue much if someone has him equal to burrow. 

I don't know if it answers your question but in a dynasty auction about to finish, Allen went for more than the 1.01 (superflex). And was the 4th most expensive QB, 6th most expensive player. 

Edited by -OZ-
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I'd probably put him equal to Herbert. But I wouldn't argue much if someone has him equal to burrow. 

I don't know if it answers your question but in a dynasty auction about to finish, Allen went for more than the 1.01 (superflex). And was the 4th most expensive QB, 6th most expensive player. 

I'm surprised he was the 4th most expensive QB. Most of the dynasty rankings I've looked at have had him in 6 - 10 range for QBs (excluding rookie QBs).

32 minutes ago, roarlions said:

I'm surprised he was the 4th most expensive QB. Most of the dynasty rankings I've looked at have had him in 6 - 10 range for QBs (excluding rookie QBs).

Yeah, I'd have him in that range along with Mayfield, Dak and Wentz. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Wow. Don’t tell me he went for more than Kyler? 

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, roarlions said:

Are you relying on Josh Allen as your QB1 currently?  If so, I wouldn't mind getting one of the QBs ahead of the 3rd/4th rookie QB this year.  He seems to be somewhere around the QB8 in dynasty rankings, and I wouldn't consider him until QB15 or so. Just not a fan.

13 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Wow. Don’t tell me he went for more than Kyler? 

🤐 ($7 difference, equal to a player like Jerick McKinnon)

Wasn't me, although I was targeting him until I got Mahomes. 

11 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

🤐 ($7 difference, equal to a player like Jerick McKinnon)

Wasn't me, although I was targeting him until I got Mahomes. 

Wow, that kinda blows my mind if Allen went for more than Kyler. I just see him being better than Allen in essentially every way. Maybe I’m just not the biggest Allen fan but if I sat down and made a QB ranking I doubt he’d be in my top 10. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Are you relying on Josh Allen as your QB1 currently?  If so, I wouldn't mind getting one of the QBs ahead of the 3rd/4th rookie QB this year.  He seems to be somewhere around the QB8 in dynasty rankings, and I wouldn't consider him until QB15 or so. Just not a fan.

I currently have Brees and Cam in this league and had been counting on Cam to be my QB long term until I could draft a young guy, but that plan isn't working so well now. Allen finished as QB11 in the league last year and was only 12 points behind QB7 (Rodgers). His 500 rushing yards and 9 rushing TDs were obviously a big part of that finish. If I keep my late 2nd round pick and can trade for Allen I might use the pick on 1 of the rookie QBs, depending on who else is available. Unfortunately the late 2nd round pick is the earliest I have this year, so to try to get one of the earlier QBs I'd have to make a trade for probably a mid to late 1st round pick (the first couple rookie QBs always seem to get drafted late in the 1st round or early 2nd round in this league).

2 minutes ago, roarlions said:

I currently have Brees and Cam in this league and had been counting on Cam to be my QB long term until I could draft a young guy, but that plan isn't working so well now. Allen finished as QB11 in the league last year and was only 12 points behind QB7 (Rodgers). His 500 rushing yards and 9 rushing TDs were obviously a big part of that finish. If I keep my late 2nd round pick and can trade for Allen I might use the pick on 1 of the rookie QBs, depending on who else is available. Unfortunately the late 2nd round pick is the earliest I have this year, so to try to get one of the earlier QBs I'd have to make a trade for probably a mid to late 1st round pick (the first couple rookie QBs always seem to get drafted late in the 1st round or early 2nd round in this league).

I would punt or try to get someone that had a down year.  You're not desperate for a QB, rostering three guys who will be 2020 starters and two of them will likely be QB1s.
I can't fathom wanting a 4th QB on my roster in a start-1 QB league.

34 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

I would punt or try to get someone that had a down year.  You're not desperate for a QB, rostering three guys who will be 2020 starters and two of them will likely be QB1s.
I can't fathom wanting a 4th QB on my roster in a start-1 QB league.

I might be trading Cam to get Allen and I can't count on Brees being around for much longer. So Allen and possibly a rookie would be my new long term plan. Our rosters have 28 players so plenty of room to carry 3 QBs if I deal Cam.

16 minutes ago, roarlions said:

I might be trading Cam to get Allen and I can't count on Brees being around for much longer. So Allen and possibly a rookie would be my new long term plan. Our rosters have 28 players so plenty of room to carry 3 QBs if I deal Cam.

Allen seems to be sandwiched between Dak and Wentz in the rankings I'm looking at, I'd much rather have either of them if the price is similar.  I get what you're saying about trying to get out from under Cam and Brees, I just think it's more economical to continue to acquire aged veterans at the position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roarlions said:

I have turned down 2 trade offer for J Allen Buff QB....  I have him ranked Top 10 Dynasty though....  

1) I was offered D Cook & A Jeffery for N Chubb & J Allen              I consider Cook = Chubb so it makes me see J Allen for Alshon not what I want to do.... 

2) I was offered 2.08 for J Allen & Jeremy Sprinkle Was TE            I like both more than pick so not worth it for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure where Kupp is being valued but was offered him for McLaurin and my 1.12 and I passed. I could be wrong but seems like Redskins offense has no where to go but up and Rams seem on the decline. Thoughts? 

26 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Not sure where Kupp is being valued but was offered him for McLaurin and my 1.12 and I passed. I could be wrong but seems like Redskins offense has no where to go but up and Rams seem on the decline. Thoughts? 

I'd take the pick and mclaurin for kupp, and I have kupp in a few leagues. 

I actually think Goff is a good value target right now. I think they'll bounce back. 

25 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Kupp's not easy for me to evaluate.  First half of season Kupp is everything I want in a fantasy WR and I'd snap accept this trade. Second half Kupp averaged 4.5 catches for a measly 46 yards a game but kind of hid it a bit by scoring 5 TD's. First half Kupp was a no decision starting lineup player. Second half Kupp I was benching in some leagues.

So why the dropoff? How you answer that would determine what I'd do. Was he hurt/banged up? Did defenses figure something out? Did the Rams rely more on Higbee at his expense?

I wish I had the answer but I don't. All I can say is if you think his second half was a correctable aberration I'd jump on this deal. If you think his second half was more a sign of things to come it's a hard pass.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I would pass there, personally.  I was going to chime in with how I felt about Kupp but meno literally took the words out of my mouth.  Terry looked like a legitimate star in the making to me last year.  Now, I do have concerns about his QB, because Haskins is going to have to take a huge step forward from last year if he's going to make it long-term.  But Terry is talented.

Kareem Hunt ? Owner approached me about Hunt, I am not sure what to ask in return to be honest ( talking about picks here) 1.05 way too high but 2.05 is seems to be low, what about 2021 1st ? too high ?

Was offered 1.3 for my Guice and Goff in a 1 QB league... should snap accept this yes?

My QBs would be tight with Kyler, Lock, Stidham but I'd also have 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.6- I have no other picks. 

1 hour ago, Drezden said:

Kareem Hunt ? Owner approached me about Hunt, I am not sure what to ask in return to be honest ( talking about picks here) 1.05 way too high but 2.05 is seems to be low, what about 2021 1st ? too high ?

Someone put him on trade block in a league of mine last week, FFPC were rosters are tight and I offered 2.1. I also have 1.11 and 1.8 and I'd have and probably given the 1.11, two picks higher then what I offered, but not the 1.8 as my best guess is he's heading back for at least another year of being 1B to Chubb and I'm not even sure I have roster room plus my team needs WR really more then anything and 11 and 13 seem like good spots to address that.

He countered wanting 1.8,  2.1 and Tarik Cohen.

I was out and frankly sort of annoyed not so much at the counter but this whole process of people putting players on the trade block and then wanting more then they are worth. Like no crap, who's not available if you want to overpay? Been a lot of that going around in leagues this offseason.

I own Hunt on a few teams and he's the player most people come at me wanting but I usually get offered crappy players or mid to late seconds. No one has offered me a pick as high as what I offered, though I'd have said no myself to 11 and 13 where I own him mainly because he's like my RB3 or RB4 on those teams so sort of need him now, but at same time can afford to wait another year if Cleveland uses RFA to retain him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Was offered 1.3 for my Guice and Goff in a 1 QB league... should snap accept this yes?

My QBs would be tight with Kyler, Lock, Stidham but I'd also have 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.6- I have no other picks. 

Yes 

Kyler and lock would be fine in 1 start. If you want you could probably trade down from 6 a few spots for a veteran QB. Something like the 6 for Stafford and the 9-12 or so would be easy I'd think in that format. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Immediately

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, menobrown said:

high as what I offered, though I'd have said no myself to 11 and 13 where I own him mainly because he's like my RB3 or RB4 on those teams so sort of need him now, but at same time can afford to wait another year if Cleveland uses RFA to retain him.

Yeah, I think I'd trade him if offered a late first but its not an easy accept. I'll probably keep him where I have him, in one league I have him with Mostert, guice and not much else (and no early picks). So I probably need him. 

1 minute ago, -OZ- said:

Yes 

Kyler and lock would be fine in 1 start. If you want you could probably trade down from 6 a few spots for a veteran QB. Something like the 6 for Stafford and the 9-12 or so would be easy I'd think in that format. 

Agree and we had good convo on Guice's trade value here recently and I'm warming up to some other RB's more. I like Kyler over Goff and it's one QB league so that means little to me, due to his injuries I'd probably move Guice down to more relative to rookie picks so I'd do it.

22 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

I accepted a trade of the 1.09 plus a 2021 1st and 2nd for Kupp last month in a 12 team SF if that gives you any point of reference. I thought it was a fair price to cash out. I think that Kupp will still be a high WR2/fringe WR1 next year but his age is abnormally high for his experience and I could see the Rams drafting someone/focusing more on Woods and the TEs and limiting Kupp's production a bit from it's peak last year.

Amari Cooper vs AJ Brown?  How do you view them compared to each other.  I have an opinion but I'd rather hear other people first.  

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Amari Cooper vs AJ Brown?  How do you view them compared to each other.  I have an opinion but I'd rather hear other people first.  

Give me Cooper still. I love Brown and drafted him in a lot of my leagues. The hype is insane right now. I need to see another year similar to last (preferably more volume) before I’d consider a move like this.

any thoughts on Zeke's value? his owner reached out asking what I'd give up for him... 

I offered 1.3 and 1.6... leaving me with 1.2 and 1.4. twitter says about 55/45 in favor of the picks. I'm surprised but feeling good if that's how people see it

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

any thoughts on Zeke's value? his owner reached out asking what I'd give up for him... 

I offered 1.3 and 1.6... leaving me with 1.2 and 1.4. twitter says about 55/45 in favor of the picks. I'm surprised but feeling good if that's how people see it

Think that’s fair. Prolly try the 1.4 and 1.6 first.

18 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Think that’s fair. Prolly try the 1.4 and 1.6 first.

tha is for the feedback. not sure if he would go for 1.4 because he'd miss out on the top 3 rbs in that case. 

it would be a boon to land Zeke for my roster, even though I'm not convinced in his longevity

On 2/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, tangfoot said:

The only way I would consider paying a 1st for Waller is if it was TE premium scoring, and even then it would be a very late 1st.

I agree with you but he was traded in an FFPC league of mine this weekend and got back Calvin Ridley, Mike Williams and OJ Howard. I could not believe it, no one in the league said a word about it on the message boards and as far I know no one objected or had an issue with it. 

I'd have taken Ridley straight up over him myself.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 11:51 AM, menobrown said:

Hurst: zero value relative to roster size unless Andrews goes down or he gets traded. I did hear rumors of Ravens including him in trade offers near this past deadline  but just rumors I'm not sure had legs but because of that I grabbed him off some waiver wires last week or two of the season in some leagues just in case he gets dealt. If not, he's an easy cut for me.

I'm quoting myself here because this was part of my reply ranking out some TE's and I had Hurst ranked last with Andrews injury or trade caveat. Well....

@GeneFrenette

9h

Patriots, Jaguars exploring pre-draft trade for TE Hayden Hurst, but whether it happens will depend on what draft capital teams r willing to part with. Hurst, who Jags we’re going to draft in 2018 ,told me 2 months ago he wants opportunity to catch more passes. Stay tuned

On 2/22/2020 at 1:10 PM, gabes1919 said:

I accepted a trade of the 1.09 plus a 2021 1st and 2nd for Kupp last month in a 12 team SF if that gives you any point of reference. I thought it was a fair price to cash out. I think that Kupp will still be a high WR2/fringe WR1 next year but his age is abnormally high for his experience and I could see the Rams drafting someone/focusing more on Woods and the TEs and limiting Kupp's production a bit from it's peak last year.

I think that's fair value for Kupp. I am shopping him in the PPR dynasty I have him in. I need RB depth & I am in win now mode so I'd like to move him fora RB. I have no idea what sort of RBs I should try to get for him, though.

10 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I think that's fair value for Kupp. I am shopping him in the PPR dynasty I have him in. I need RB depth & I am in win now mode so I'd like to move him fora RB. I have no idea what sort of RBs I should try to get for him, though.

you're looking around the lines of Melvin Gordon, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins according to DTC. 

Kupp is a hold for me. When he was a target hog the Rams were winning. When he wasn't, they looked incompetent. If it was that obvious to Armchair Joe, then it's obvious to McVay. I expect them to change that in 2020. I understand wanting to move him for a rb if you need a rb

• Like 1