Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Chris Carson of the Seahawks was a popular dynasty stash. With Penny going to the Seahawks, do your think Carson is still worth holding on to? Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend to hold him at the end of the roster in deep leagues.

Shallow rosters he may have to let him go.

5 hours ago, squistion said:

Chris Carson of the Seahawks was a popular dynasty stash. With Penny going to the Seahawks, do your think Carson is still worth holding on to? Asking for a friend.

Carson is still a good player and RB get hurt. So if Penny were out for some games I could see Carson having some value.

As CC says depends on the number of roster spots but I would be hanging on to Carson or buying in deeper leagues.

5 hours ago, squistion said:

he's worth holding to flip him to the new Penny owner at handcuff value at the very least.

• Like 3

Now that the NFL draft is over, what’s the price check on the 1.06 rookie pick in other rookie picks?

Just now, Boone22 said:

Now that the NFL draft is over, what’s the price check on the 1.06 rookie pick in other rookie picks?

I think the value of mid 1sts went up a good amount.  We had 7 RBs in the first 2 rounds which was more than expected, and the back end of those guys are the ones that probably ended up in the best spots, so those mid 1st picks moved closer to the early 1st picks than before.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think the value of mid 1sts went up a good amount.  We had 7 RBs in the first 2 rounds which was more than expected, and the back end of those guys are the ones that probably ended up in the best spots, so those mid 1st picks moved closer to the early 1st picks than before.

Agree. The 1.02 and the 1.07 are almost equal in value to me today, but the 1.01 is leaps and bounds ahead of all of them. 

The early firsts dropped significantly and the mid-firsts gained significantly. 

Edited by tangfoot
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pwingles said:

12 team superflex startup

pick a side

picks 2,23,47

picks 7,18,31

2, by a LOT.

2 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

2, by a LOT.

I think I agree. I wouldve liked to compile some earlier picks but ended up taking Nuk after Zeke went 1.01

Just now, Pwingles said:

I think I agree. I wouldve liked to compile some earlier picks but ended up taking Nuk after Zeke went 1.01

If you're intent on compiling more picks, you should be able to get far more back for Hopkins than he cost you.

1 hour ago, Pwingles said:

12 team superflex startup

pick a side

picks 2,23,47

picks 7,18,31

Value of 7 got closer to the value of 2 after the draft, but not by THAT much.

3 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Value of 7 got closer to the value of 2 after the draft, but not by THAT much.

It’s a startup draft

1 minute ago, kutta said:

It’s a startup draft

:bag:

Superflex I think brings it closer since it extends that top tier a bit (OBJ, Hopkins, Gurley, Zeke, Wentz, Wilson) to 6 deep instead of 4, but it's still one pick short for me so I would hold the #2.

On 4/28/2018 at 3:14 PM, dipandglide said:

1.02 in superflex (Barkley gone). Who do you guys like (BPA)? 

For me it is still Guice. I could understand pivotting to your preferred QB at that spot though and with Barkley/Guice gone at 1.03, I would definitely be going QB. It's between Mayfield and Rosen for me, I'm going Mayfield because crotch grabbing or not, the guy plays like a winner and has weapons for days.

Just now, Matt's Eagles said:

Chris Hogan.... buy or sell or meh?

buy for mid 2nd sell for same?

If I can get a mid 2nd for him, goodbye.

• Like 1

Speaking of mid 2nds, I have a ton of them in my two main leagues this year and am not loving the talent available in the mid 2nd this year.  What kind of vets would make good buys at the cost of a mid 2nd?

Edited by FreeBaGeL

2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Speaking of mid 2nds, I have a ton of them in my two main leagues this year and am not loving the talent available in the mid 2nd this year.  What kind of vets would make good buys at the cost of a mid 2nd?

Yeah, really seems to thin after around the 15th pick.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Yeah, really seems to thin after around the 15th pick.

With 5 solid QB's and 3 solid TE's i think this rookie draft is solid deep into round 2.

8 very nice RB's, 5-7 solid darts at WR, 5 QB's, 3 TE's.  I'm seeing a pretty good draft through pick 22-23.  In most classes the late 2nd round rookie picks are a lot worse IMO.

1 minute ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

With 5 solid QB's and 3 solid TE's i think this rookie draft is solid deep into round 2.

8 very nice RB's, 5-7 solid darts at WR, 5 QB's, 3 TE's.  I'm seeing a pretty good draft through pick 22-23.  In most classes the late 2nd round rookie picks are a lot worse IMO.

The QBs don’t interest me much and I hate investing rookie picks in TEs outside 1.5 ppr leagues. Just my feelings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt's Eagles said:

I'm buying where I can, but would wait til OTC before giving up a mid 2nd.

2 hours ago, Matt's Eagles said:

Meh.

Even without Cooks, things are looking crowded over there in the WR room. In 2019, he will be a 31 yo FA. Unless I was desperate for a 1 year rental, I would not trade a mid-2nd for him and I agree with the guy that said things are looking pretty thin after the 15th pick, so I'm not really high on mid-2nds...

2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Use them to move up. Vets you might be able to get, maybe Cobb or someone in his range, but if your leaguemates see what's available in the mid-2nd round, you might get just scraps for the picks.

3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

According to Mike Clays list Kirk Miller Gallup Chark are listed at 131 to 134.

So I would say try any of the top 100 players on his list as you never know, or if you like players ranked after 134 those should be easier buys than the players above 131 will be.

What is Hyde's current dynasty PPR value? I need RB depth so I'm trying to trade for him, but having a hard time valuing him & his owner started with trying to get Juju for him. No beuno.

2 minutes ago, Magic_Man said:

What is Hyde's current dynasty PPR value? I need RB depth so I'm trying to trade for him, but having a hard time valuing him & his owner started with trying to get Juju for him. No beuno.

Well I'm not sure what his value is but it's definitely nowhere near that, so it sounds like it may be difficult to work with this guy.

I would guess maybe a mid/late 2nd at this point.  This year is probably a wash and the best case scenario is that he gets cut next year and ends up somewhere else, but by that time he will be about to turn 29.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pwingles said:

Watson value in 12 team superflex?

Mid/Late 1st.  He's arguably the #2 young QB in the league right now.

23 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Mid/Late 1st.  He's arguably the #2 young QB in the league right now.

sent offers during a startup to move back up and get him with no luck

took wentz a few picks prior as the 3rd qb off the board, was reallyhoping to pair the two :(

12 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

sent offers during a startup to move back up and get him with no luck

took wentz a few picks prior as the 3rd qb off the board, was reallyhoping to pair the two :(

What order did the QBs go in?

1 minute ago, tangfoot said:

What order did the QBs go in?

ar12 at 4.05, wilson 4.08, wentz 5.02, watson 5.05

34 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

ar12 at 4.05, wilson 4.08, wentz 5.02, watson 5.05

Those should be at least 2 rounds higher in superflex.  Grab Jimmy G, quick!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Those should be at least 2 rounds higher in superflex.  Grab Jimmy G, quick!

sorta what i expected to happen but then it didnt and all the typical non sf wr and rbs flew off the board

i pick again 9 picks, and then again 2 picks after, i will be grabbing at least one qb we are at the 6.03 now and not one other qb has gone since watson

3 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

sorta what i expected to happen but then it didnt and all the typical non sf wr and rbs flew off the board

i pick again 9 picks, and then again 2 picks after, i will be grabbing at least one qb we are at the 6.03 now and not one other qb has gone since watson

Honestly, if I were in your shoes I'd load up on 3 of the top 8 QBs and then sell for a ransom once your leaguemates realize how badly they've ####ed up.

Edit: This assumes that your scoring system is not perfectly balanced across positions and QBs do outscore every other position (which is usually the case)

Edited by tangfoot

2 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Honestly, if I were in your shoes I'd load up on 3 of the top 8 QBs and then sell for a ransom once your leaguemates realize how badly they've ####ed up.

assuming none are taken from now to my turn, which 2 you got out of these;

Luck

Cam

Dak

Goff

Jimmy G

Stafford

Cousins

Obvious choice is Luck if youre not scared of his injuries, but I also kinda dont think he will make it to me in reality, and I think dak would be last on my list out of these, but would be pumped on luck+ any of the other guys

Edited by Pwingles

Just now, Pwingles said:

assuming none are taken from now to my turn, which 2 you got out of these;

Luck

Cam

Dak

Goff

Jimmy G

Stafford

Cousins

Obvious choice is Luck if youre not scared of his injuries, but I also kinda dont think he will make it to me in reality

Luck and Jimmy.  You'd have two solid starters and are covered in the event that Luck doesn't come back completely.  Realistically he's still a top-3 QB if/when healthy.  If Luck's gone, I'd be targeting Cam.

You sure you didn't accidentally join a traditional, non-SF league?

I would take Luck and Jimmy G as well.  Dak a close 3rd.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

You sure you didn't accidentally join a traditional, non-SF league?

I would take Luck and Jimmy G as well.  Dak a close 3rd.

Or have a bunch of non-SF flex spots at least? 

6 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Earlier this off-season I bought Woods, Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Carson (whiff), and Westbrook in various leagues for mid to late 2nds.  Just a couple examples. Not super crazy about any of those names but I'd take them all, maaaaaaayyyyyyyybe even Carson, over who will be there in the draft. I'm not sure what vets you could get now. Booker?

What's up with people snake drafting dynasty startups? That's a nonstarter for me. 

14 hours ago, Matt's Eagles said:

What’s Amari Cooper going rate these days?

I personally haven't been able to come close to any trades. People who have him are still quite invested in him. I don't really blame them, but if you're looking to buy, you better hope whoever owns him is a fickle owner. Otherwise, I've found he's a "buy low" in theory only. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I personally haven't been able to come close to any trades. People who have him are still quite invested in him. I don't really blame them, but if you're looking to buy, you better hope whoever owns him is a fickle owner. Otherwise, I've found he's a "buy low" in theory only. 

Same. 

20 minutes ago, JPeso said:

Same. 

I'm a Cooper owner in 2 leagues. I am not a seller... I am comfortable with him in the WR6-12 valuation range.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lott's Fingertip said:

I'm a Cooper owner in 2 leagues. I am not a seller... I am comfortable with him in the WR6-12 valuation range.

If I sat down and looked at it closely, he might be in that range for me too.  But I wouldn’t at all be comfortable with it.