What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

Both are nice players to have as your 3rd WR, so this is as "first world problems" as fantasy football gets. Last season they finished WR15 and WR16 in PPG (that includes OBJ and his four games at WR3). So I don't know why you'd want to move one of them. If the market isn't hot for either one, I'd keep the extra guy as an injury contingency plan or flex. Personally, I prefer Marvin. He's a bit younger (1.6 years) and has room to grow in that he only saw 107 targets last year. He would only need a mild increase in targets to sneak into the low-end WR1 range. He did accomplish his high PPG via 9 TDs, but being both the deep threat and the best jump ball WR on a team likely to throw 30 TDs, it should be safe to project 8 for him. 

Tate is riskier due to the contract, but I would expect the Lions to extend him. They've got a good thing going with that duo and he's not old enough to kick to the curb, as long as they don't have to overpay market value for him. The free agent market did get a little crazy this past offseason, so Tate might want to test the market. 

Like you, I'm not sold on Golladay at all. He was a preseason hype darling that had two touchdowns on 7 targets in week 1. The perfect storm. He's still riding that wave, but he's just an overpriced flyer, IMO. I'd be shopping him hard if I owned him. But with a lack of a legitimate TE, there should be some spare targets sitting around this year that he might get. 
You're right that I should probably just be happy with what I have, but they're also only my WR3/4 if Allen Robinson and TY Hilton return to form. I was hoping to package one of them and my 2019 1st (likely in the 1.10 to 1.12 range -- by my own estimation and those of the myriad of league mates I've tried to trade with) to get a higher end receiver, but I'm getting no bites at all. Also not crazy having two WRs from the same offense as important weekly players, if the offense struggles I'm automatically in a deep hole in two spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic_Man said:
I was offered D. Parker & A. Collins for Juju in dynasty PPR (I need RB help with only Ware & a bunch of crap behind Ingram & Fournette) and declined. Am I overvaluing Juju?
JuJu is worth a lot more than that.  Collins is JAG and Parker has underwhelmed so far.  Parker still has upside but JuJu is worth a ton more than him.  Collins doesn't bridge that gap at all.

Magic_Man said:
I was offered D. Parker & A. Collins for Juju in dynasty PPR (I need RB help with only Ware & a bunch of crap behind Ingram & Fournette) and declined. Am I overvaluing Juju?
I'd need 3-4 Parkers before I'd consider moving JuJu. Parker is a sell high, don't take the bait! 

mcintyre1 said:
This might be too boring for this thread, but what do people think of Marvin Jones / Golden Tate? I'm stuck with both of them as third wide receivers and I've had no luck at all moving them. I think I prefer Tate due to target share, but Tate's contract is up in 2019 and Jones is signed through 2021. Doubt Tate ends up as a target leader under his next contract. I've seen lots of trades of people buying Kenny Golladay, but I really don't see it with him. Didn't like him all that much as a prospect and he didn't actually do much last year outside of that one big game.
I think you should keep both of them and have strong depth at the WR position if you consider both of these guys WR 3 for your team.

That is until someone makes you a good offer for either one of them. They are too good to sell for less than a 1st round rookie pick or greater value in my opinion. Jones finished as WR 11 last year and Tate was WR 12.

Jones is two years younger than Tate and under contract with the Lions longer than tate so if you have the choice I would keep Jones over Tate. But if you can get more for Jones then Tate then go ahead and go that way.

mcintyre1 said:
You're right that I should probably just be happy with what I have, but they're also only my WR3/4 if Allen Robinson and TY Hilton return to form. I was hoping to package one of them and my 2019 1st (likely in the 1.10 to 1.12 range -- by my own estimation and those of the myriad of league mates I've tried to trade with) to get a higher end receiver, but I'm getting no bites at all. Also not crazy having two WRs from the same offense as important weekly players, if the offense struggles I'm automatically in a deep hole in two spots.
Who would you consider a higher end WR?

Both of the Detroit WR finished in the top 12 last year.

You likely cant get Hopkins, Evans or OBJ for Jones and 2019 first but some of the older WR like Julio or Brown maybe?

If you are talking about Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs or Davantae Adams as upgrades (younger) I think Jones or Tate plus 2019 is a pretty fair offer.

Who would you consider a higher end WR?

Both of the Detroit WR finished in the top 12 last year.

You likely cant get Hopkins, Evans or OBJ for Jones and 2019 first but some of the older WR like Julio or Brown maybe?

If you are talking about Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs or Davantae Adams as upgrades (younger) I think Jones or Tate plus 2019 is a pretty fair offer.
Yeah, mostly a younger WR with a better "trade value." A specific guy I've targeted in that league is Adam Thielen, who I like a lot, but most of the owners I've reached out to don't even respond. I think in a more "normal" WR production year they're solidly outside the top 12, and it seems like most of the owners of guys that under performed or were outperformed by Tate/Jones are pretty convinced that their guys will bounce back. I don't really disagree with that, but it is making it hard to "cash in" on the good performances of Tate and Jones.

Yeah, mostly a younger WR with a better "trade value." A specific guy I've targeted in that league is Adam Thielen, who I like a lot, but most of the owners I've reached out to don't even respond. I think in a more "normal" WR production year they're solidly outside the top 12, and it seems like most of the owners of guys that under performed or were outperformed by Tate/Jones are pretty convinced that their guys will bounce back. I don't really disagree with that, but it is making it hard to "cash in" on the good performances of Tate and Jones.
Thielen is good and might put up better numbers this season than last but I don't really see it as an upgrade. He is 27 years old the same as Jones. I suppose if you moved Tate for Thielen it would be getting 2 years younger and diversifying between two teams. 

That seems like a lateral move to me though and paying a 2019 1st for that more than I would want to pay for perceived upgrade in trade value.

What do others think? Would Tate and a 2nd round pick in 2019 be enough for Thielen? If not what would be?

Good lord. I wouldn't sell him for less than a 1st. I have tried buying for early to mid 2nds and been turned down.
Every league is different and even leagues with identical scoring have different owners in them. Even the same owner in multiple leagues might value the same players a bit differently just based on other things like the players on their roster. If your team is a power house then owners may want you to pay more in trades because they do not want to improve your team.

I don't think Jamaal Williams is that great that people should be worried about you adding him though.

I still like Aaron Jones a bit more than Williams. If you like him maybe he could be had for less than what the Williams owner is asking.

Just looking at Mike Clays list he has Jones at 105 overall and Williams at 106. Can't get much closer than that.

I've bought Williams in a couple spots and want to see what he does this year. I missed that it was IDP above. That makes a difference for sure. I'd prefer to own him and Jones together but I like Williams better right now. Since I hate the end of the 1st round right now I would likely move a late 1st for JW if Kerryon Johnson were gone. Not because I love KJ but because he would be a shiny new toy.

mcintyre1 said:
I know it's not popular to employ two WRs on the same team, but in a situation like this (a very good passing offense w/o a TE), I don't think it is any worse than having WRs on different teams. It can just as easily happen that two WRs on different teams get shut out as it can both the 1a and 1b receivers on a top 10 passing offense get shut out. I actually feel like the 1a/1b combo is safer. It should provide a better weekly floor at the expense of the ceiling, although it's not like it's out of the realm of possibility for Stafford to throw for 400/3 with Tate and Jones being his primary beneficiaries. If Luck isn't back this year then you very well may be starting both of these guys over Hilton and I think you'll do just fine if that's the case. 

FWIW, Stafford threw 2 or more TDs in 10 games last year. RBs only accounted for 3 of his 29 TDs. Ebron accounted for 4 of them. 

I know it's not popular to employ two WRs on the same team, but in a situation like this (a very good passing offense w/o a TE), I don't think it is any worse than having WRs on different teams. It can just as easily happen that two WRs on different teams get shut out as it can both the 1a and 1b receivers on a top 10 passing offense get shut out. I actually feel like the 1a/1b combo is safer. It should provide a better weekly floor at the expense of the ceiling, although it's not like it's out of the realm of possibility for Stafford to throw for 400/3 with Tate and Jones being his primary beneficiaries. If Luck isn't back this year then you very well may be starting both of these guys over Hilton and I think you'll do just fine if that's the case. 

FWIW, Stafford threw 2 or more TDs in 10 games last year. RBs only accounted for 3 of his 29 TDs. Ebron accounted for 4 of them. 
I agree.

Two year’s ago I rode Jordy and Adams to the championship. It was actually really fun starting both of them every week. The floor, as you said, was very high.

A. Collins & Watkins for Juju in dynasty PPR? I'm the juju owner
Isn't this like the 3rd time you've wanted to trade JuJu?  why? 

Here is a list of WR's you are allowed to trade JuJu for:

Odell Beckham Jr. 

Mike Evans

Michael Thomas

DeAndre Hopkins

Antonio Brown

Julio Jones

Keenan Allen

Amari Cooper

Tyreek Hill

AJ Green

Allen Robinson

Corey Davis

That's it.  And the RB list is even shorter:

Todd Gurley

Saquan Barkley

Le'Veon Bell

David Johnson

Ezekiel Elliott

Alvin Kamara

Kareem Hunt

Leonard Fournette

Again that's the entire list of players you are ALLOWED to trade JuJu for.  Set him and forget him.  He's that good.  

Even if you’re not 100% sold on the talent, you should be targeting Juju. He’s easily going to put up 1,000+ yards next season. When that happens, the market - much like it did with Michael Thomas after this season - will buy in in a big way. He’ll be a top 15 dynasty asset.

He put up 917 yards and 7 TDs and missed 4 games. 

Juju is easy money, even at his current asking price. “A 22 YO with 2,X00 yards and 1X TDs already?!”

Thanks everyone in this thread, you've convinced me to try to find a better 3rd RB and ride with Tate and Jones. Now the quest begins for high upside, lower cost RBs...

Related to the discussion above, I do like Jamaal Williams to lead that backfield and do own him in one league, but I'm not sure I'm confident enough to move something like a future first for him. As an owner, I'd definitely sell him for a future first, but not likely a second this year or next. Prefer his upside over trying to find the right 2nd round receiver this year.

Even if you’re not 100% sold on the talent, you should be targeting Juju. He’s easily going to put up 1,000+ yards next season. When that happens, the market - much like it did with Michael Thomas after this season - will buy in in a big way. He’ll be a top 15 dynasty asset.

He put up 917 yards and 7 TDs and missed 4 games. 

Juju is easy money, even at his current asking price. “A 22 YO with 2,X00 yards and 1X TDs already?!”
in a non-ppr league where I'm keeping the likes of Baldwin, Funchess, Watkins, MWilliams, Sheppard, MBryant and JuJu, I'm sure hoping that JuJu separates himself as a WR1 from that group (ie. from your mouth to god's ears).

But, wait, Watkins was my 1.1 pick, so that's the stud I'm resting my fate on... :kicksrock:

What's the value of Jamaal Williams today in PPR? Guy wants my 1.13 pick for him & his 2019 2nd.

However, developmental draft league so the 1.13 is not actually the 1.13. I tried to get Alex Collins off him for the 1.13 before, but no dice. Would this be an overpay on Williams? Below are the rookies already spoken for that I would not have a shot at drafting.

J. Allen, R. Jones, Barkley, Chubb, Guice, Rosen, R. Freeman, Kirk, L. Jackson, Darnold, Sutton, Ridley & Rudolph

What's the value of Jamaal Williams today in PPR? Guy wants my 1.13 pick for him (I also have the 1.14) However, developmental draft league so the 1.13 is not actually the 1.13. I tried to get Alex Collins off him for the 1.13 before, but no dice. Would this be an overpay on Williams? Below are the rookies already spoken for that I would not have a shot at drafting.

J. Allen, R. Jones, Barkley, Chubb, Guice, Rosen, R. Freeman, Kirk, L. Jackson, Darnold, Sutton, Ridley & Rudolph
Is it a separate devy draft? If so then this is like a late 2nd, and I think Williams probably around a mid-late 2, maybe with a late throw in.  If the draft includes rookies/devy then I probably hold and take bpa or try to trade otc.

Is it a separate devy draft? If so then this is like a late 2nd, and I think Williams probably around a mid-late 2, maybe with a late throw in.  If the draft includes rookies/devy then I probably hold and take bpa or try to trade otc.
Separate devy draft & the guys I listed are spoken for by other teams. I have no devy picks.

Some surprises I've seen during FFPC rookie drafts I've done so far -

Jordan Wilkins - consistently going early to mid 3rd round (couple rounds early to me, but desperation sets in at rb)

Hayden hurst - has varied greatly but have seen him often in round 3 and this is TE premium

1st rd after Barkley - have seen lots of varied drafts, does not seem to be much consensus, most times rbs at 2-8 with a possible DJ Moore sighting, have seen Freeman as early as 3, Michel at 2, Johnson in the top 6, Chubb as late as 7

Anyone have thoughts on Corey Clement?  It doesn't seem likely Ajayi is a full workload guy, Clement showed up in the playoffs and especially in the Super Bowl, not much competition for some work, he seems to be a forgotten COP back but has one of the better opportunities.  

Some surprises I've seen during FFPC rookie drafts I've done so far -

Jordan Wilkins - consistently going early to mid 3rd round (couple rounds early to me, but desperation sets in at rb)

Hayden hurst - has varied greatly but have seen him often in round 3 and this is TE premium

1st rd after Barkley - have seen lots of varied drafts, does not seem to be much consensus, most times rbs at 2-8 with a possible DJ Moore sighting, have seen Freeman as early as 3, Michel at 2, Johnson in the top 6, Chubb as late as 7
People are so gaga over RBs in FFPC I'm not really surprised Wilkins is going that early. If anything that's probably pretty good value compared to where hines/ballage are going in FFPC, often ahead of WRs that are first round picks in other leagues like Sutton or Gallup. 

Magic_Man said:
What's the value of Jamaal Williams today in PPR? Guy wants my 1.13 pick for him (I also have the 1.14) However, developmental draft league so the 1.13 is not actually the 1.13. I tried to get Alex Collins off him for the 1.13 before, but no dice. Would this be an overpay on Williams? Below are the rookies already spoken for that I would not have a shot at drafting.

I have Williams and I wouldnt trade him for a late second round pick or probably even an early second. I drafted him last year at 2.07 and all he did was lead the team in rushing, the team didn't draft a new RB, and he looks poised to be the lead back, so how can his value have gone down?  

I have Williams and I wouldnt trade him for a late second round pick or probably even an early second. I drafted him last year at 2.07 and all he did was lead the team in rushing, the team didn't draft a new RB, and he looks poised to be the lead back, so how can his value have gone down?  
Not saying that his value went down in my eyes, but the easy answer for how it could have gone down for some is that he failed to crack 4ypc in 7 of his 8 starts and averaged 3.6ypc in the season. 

Of course a large part of his potential value was simply that he might end up being the nameless guy getting handoffs for the Packers, and on that front it's looking pretty close to mission accomplished, at least for the short term. On the other hand, part of his value was that he might actually be a good football player who could hold onto the job long term and really blow up in that offense and I think a lot of people saw a very jaggy jag when they watched him play last year. 

I could very easily see him having a career similar to James Starks where he has short stretches of value and good production but where the team is always looking for a better option. 

I guess I'll put it this way. We've all been chasing a long term RB in green bay for a decade now. Does Williams really look any better than the guys we've been chasing the past 10 years did at this point in their careers? 

Not saying that his value went down in my eyes, but the easy answer for how it could have gone down for some is that he failed to crack 4ypc in 7 of his 8 starts and averaged 3.6ypc in the season. 

Of course a large part of his potential value was simply that he might end up being the nameless guy getting handoffs for the Packers, and on that front it's looking pretty close to mission accomplished, at least for the short term. On the other hand, part of his value was that he might actually be a good football player who could hold onto the job long term and really blow up in that offense and I think a lot of people saw a very jaggy jag when they watched him play last year. 

I could very easily see him having a career similar to James Starks where he has short stretches of value and good production but where the team is always looking for a better option. 

I guess I'll put it this way. We've all been chasing a long term RB in green bay for a decade now. Does Williams really look any better than the guys we've been chasing the past 10 years did at this point in their careers? 
None of the guys they have look like a perennial Pro Bowl player, but you don't need that to have value. If Williams gets 1,000 yards, 7 TDs and catces 35 passes for 350 yards he has value this year and can help you win.

The low ypc is a factor of Rodgers being out most of the games Williams played.  Also, it sometimes takes a guy time to elevate his game and I saw progress and improvement from Williams as the season went on.

I think there are clear points in favor of both Williams vs Jones, both quantitative and qualitative. Since I play in PPR, I'd lean towards wanting to own Williams due to his proficiency in the passing game, PFF loved him as a receiver. Of course, they raved about Jones running the ball mid-season when he was getting the bulk of the carries.

Has there been anything new on Jones possible suspension? I didn't see anything out there on the 'net but we may have to wait until July/August for something official.

Magic_Man said:

I paid the 2.05 for him in a PPR and was the Jones owner. I offered the 2.05 and was accepted without counter so there are definitely people out there who don't believe. If your 1.13 is similar to a mid-late second in a non-devy league ( I don't know much about devy pick valuation), then I would say that is a pretty fair price to pay. It doesn't look like a player with his opportunity would be left for you at the 1.13 anyway.

As for the Jones vs Williams part someone brought up again, Jones seems to have better vision to me even if he isn't as hard nosed of a runner. Rodgers trusts him but he showed pretty poorly in the passing game. Some of that may have been lack of polish, he was the 3rd guy on the depth chart then was catapulted to starter, but it was not a point in his favor. Williams ran hard and showed well as a receiver, he can take a hit. Maybe not as fast, maybe not as good vision but he also had Hundley so who knows.

We haven't heard a thing about a Jones suspension and I would take a gander that GB hasn't either because they've made no move to add a depth RB. When it happens though, you won't be able to get Williams for a reasonable price.

What is Butt worth in TE premium/2TE leagues? Do you guys believe he'll win the starting job in Denver? I'm on the clock in myffc at 3.07 and am considering him. 

What is Butt worth in TE premium/2TE leagues? Do you guys believe he'll win the starting job in Denver? I'm on the clock in myffc at 3.07 and am considering him. 
To me Butt is just an ordinary NFL TE who can block and catch. The blocking is important and that could lead to him earning a lot of snaps.

They also have Jeff Heuerman who is currently their starting TE. I think he is more of a blocker than Butt who is more of a two way TE. Remains to be seen how that will pan out. Virgil Green moved on to the Chargers though so receiving TE is there for the taking.

I think Butt gets more love than he deserves just because of his last name and it being punny that he is also a TE. He was a decent player in college though just overshadowed by the great talent of the 2017 TE class and also needing to recover from injury.

If you are talking about pick 3.07 in your rookie draft its not a bad gamble to take him there if nothing else really stands out for you.

FWIW I had him as a tier 3 player in my rookie rankings last year and player 45 overall from the 2017 draft class . Part of that was because I knew he was injured and wasn't likely to crack the line up much until he recovered. A lot of it was just so many TE that I actually like better than him. For example I would rather have Jonnu Smith, Adam Shaheen, George Kittle, Jordan Leggett from last years TE class than Butt.

At pick 3.07 on my list is into the tier 3 players right around where I have Nyheem Hines who is more interesting to me than Jake Butt. At the same time it wouldn't be a big loss to take a shot at Butt there, especially considering the TE premium and some of the other players like Hines perhaps already gone.

Finally doing my projections. Brandin Cooks worries me where he’s being taken. Don’t think there’s any way you can project more than 3000 yards for the top 4, Cooks, Gurley,  Kupp and Woods. Id give Gurley 600 which leaves 2400 yards for the 3 receivers. Id feel pretty uncomfortable giving Cooks more than 900 yards out of that pie. 

where we ranking Hilton compared to a rookie pick these days?  Also, how does it change (if at all) when your draft is going on now compared to when your draft is in late august?

His main  comp for the job is a mid round rookie pick who was not as good as Butt was in college and only has like 9.5 fingers. So yea, I  think Butt  is worth the 3.7 in a TE premium format. I know a lot of times people say this and it's not really true but in case I do think it's true and what is true  had he not tore his ACL he'd have been a second or third round pick.

When he was healthy I saw of a lot of Hunter Henry in his game. Not sure that is his upside or if he is closer to a Rudolph kind of guy but if his health holds up I think he's a long time solid starting TE at worst.

Also in terms of his transition to NFL think about Kelce. Kelce sat out his whole first year(never could figure out why his first season he played he was not considered a rookie, like Ben Simmons was in the NBA this year?) but the first year he played was one of the best first year TE years in history.

where we ranking Hilton compared to a rookie pick these days?  Also, how does it change (if at all) when your draft is going on now compared to when your draft is in late august?
obviously depends on team needs but if I need to get younger I think I'd move Hilton for 1.2, not sure I'd do it for 1.3. Probably depends on how closely you rate the rbs

If luck looks healthy later in the offseason he gains value. I’m not sure anyone is giving up a top 5 pick for him, I suppose that depends on who owns the picks and team needs and how they rate the rookies. If Luck looks ready to roll or he’s playing in preseason games I think the top 5 come into play. 

I'd rather take Mark Andrews if he's there.  I think Butt was pretty overrated in terms of how his game would translate anyway, and they have competition there.  Fumagali is a real receiving threat.

Debated it in the Dynasty Trades thread, his owners want the same price as if Luck was his old self and if Hilton wasn't going to turn 30 next season. One guy in the trade thread said he's worth a top 5 pick this year plus an extra 1st. No thank you for the guy that was WR32 in PPG last year. Hilton obviously has major upside if Luck comes back but despite all the coachspeak that Luck will be ready by the start of the season, the dude still isn't throwing a football as of a few days ago. I wouldn't give more than the 9th pick or later which means I won't be owning him anywhere. Luck suffers any setback (and look at the defenses he gets to play against in his division now) or doesn't look like the same guy anymore, and you will be stuck holding the bag on Hilton.

Anyone have thoughts on Corey Clement?  It doesn't seem likely Ajayi is a full workload guy, Clement showed up in the playoffs and especially in the Super Bowl, not much competition for some work, he seems to be a forgotten COP back but has one of the better opportunities.  
Ajayi is in his final contract year so Clement seems like a good target to acquire. I tried moving him to the owner of Ajayi twice in my draft this week and his response was "Who the hell told you Clement was worth something?" so there's a good chance owners are sleeping on the potential upside in a top offense. Sure, he could be mediocre this year and they draft a better back next year, but I'll take what should be a cheap flier on him. Smallwood & Pumphrey haven't done much and couldn't get ahead of him on the depth chart last year. Blount being allowed to leave is another good indicator that Clement could be seen as the future.

Top offense + solid flash to end 2017 + 1 old RB allowed to leave + 1 RB expiring after the season. <---- nice recipe, that. :D

Easier for me to rank someone relative to their position. Unless I was in a total rebuild I'd take him over every WR in this draft.

I'd take 5 RB's over him for sure, on the fence on that 6th one and would depend on team makeup.

So to summarize right now I'd probably have him as worth player 6-7, but more often than not one my top 5 RB's makes it to 6 or 7 so that might put his value more at 7-8 for me if not doing an OTC trade.

Can't answer the August question, not experienced in impact of rookie drafts with that later date.

Ajayi is in his final contract year so Clement seems like a good target to acquire. I tried moving him to the owner of Ajayi twice in my draft this week and his response was "Who the hell told you Clement was worth something?" so there's a good chance owners are sleeping on the potential upside in a top offense. Sure, he could be mediocre this year and they draft a better back next year, but I'll take what should be a cheap flier on him. Smallwood & Pumphrey haven't done much and couldn't get ahead of him on the depth chart last year. Blount being allowed to leave is another good indicator that Clement could be seen as the future.

Top offense + solid flash to end 2017 + 1 old RB allowed to leave + 1 RB expiring after the season. <---- nice recipe, that. :D
I had a similar situation that people questioned me.  I drafted him in a rookie/FA draft in the 4th round, and people were asking me why I would do that.  All I told them is that we will see what happens, but exactly like you said, he's cheap, on a great offense, flashed a good bit in his rookie year.  Came up clutch in the Super Bowl at times.  Ajayi is nothing special and they got rid of Blount.  So how exactly is he flying under the radar compared some of these other COP backs like Chris Thompson or Dion Lewis.  I get it that those guys are a little more proven but still what more can you expect for a UDFA RB in what Clement did rather than beat out everyone ahead of him other than Ajayi.  

I had a similar situation that people questioned me.  I drafted him in a rookie/FA draft in the 4th round, and people were asking me why I would do that.  All I told them is that we will see what happens, but exactly like you said, he's cheap, on a great offense, flashed a good bit in his rookie year.  Came up clutch in the Super Bowl at times.  Ajayi is nothing special and they got rid of Blount.  So how exactly is he flying under the radar compared some of these other COP backs like Chris Thompson or Dion Lewis.  I get it that those guys are a little more proven but still what more can you expect for a UDFA RB in what Clement did rather than beat out everyone ahead of him other than Ajayi.  
I own him in one league (added as FA late last year) and earlier today I made an offer for him in my other. I offered my 4th. lol ... Seems like a reasonable range and I may even give a 3rd since it's 4.03 vs. 3.11 so not a big gap, anyway.

Maybe it is just me but I think it is that time of the year when a bunch of people on the board have group think on the rookies and tend to overvalue them. Reading through the TY Hilton responses (I get the Luck concerns) I'm surprised how little value people put on him. Looking at startup dynasty ADP in May from a certain website, admittedly small sample of 6 drafts but on average -

Barkley - 6.33

Guice - 33.50

TY Hilton - 34

Seems to me when people are making draft decisions on average they value him at right about 1.2. Most here putting him more like 1.7 which has an ADP of 61

Not saying anyone is right or wrong as I get TY has some QB concerns but in general I think the rookies are being overvalued here, they aren't all going to pan out, there is risk

Maybe it is just me but I think it is that time of the year when a bunch of people on the board have group think on the rookies and tend to overvalue them. Reading through the TY Hilton responses (I get the Luck concerns) I'm surprised how little value people put on him. Looking at startup dynasty ADP in May from a certain website, admittedly small sample of 6 drafts but on average -

Barkley - 6.33

Guice - 33.50

TY Hilton - 34

Seems to me when people are making draft decisions on average they value him at right about 1.2. Most here putting him more like 1.7 which has an ADP of 61

Not saying anyone is right or wrong as I get TY has some QB concerns but in general I think the rookies are being overvalued here, they aren't all going to pan out, there is risk
But Hilton has risk too.  And a lot of it.  At this point as a Luck owner in multiple leagues I would be pretty shocked if he ever comes back like he was before.  And if that doesn't happen, Hilton is an about to turn 29 years old inconsistent fantasy WR3, which isn't worth much.

Users who are viewing this thread