What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you take work home? (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
How do you feel about doing assignments in off hours? Trying to have a balanced life style is tricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the only way to be successful.

i wouldn't have made branch manager from entry level in under 2 years if I stopped working once my office hours ended

I have a ton of latitude day to day but I have firm deadlines also. So I work lots in the evenings and weekends.  I work less than 40 a week in the office but work 20ish hours a week on "off" hours. 

My last job I was on-call 24/7 and I basically did at least some work during every hour I was awake.  5.5 years of that, it wore me out. 

I have to work odd hours sometimes now, and conduct email and phone business 11 hours a day, but mostly it's easy stuff I can do on my phone.  I miss my last job sometimes, then I remember how much better I sleep now. 

Rarely. In sales and I have trained my customers I am not available after hours or on weekends. They oblige.

And I love them.

Sometimes.  Considering I spend at least an hour everyday at work on this site, I have no problem with working a few hours here and there at home rather than being on this site.  I think I come out ahead.

I check email and will work if a deadline is approaching but I try not to.  I did way more when younger and trying to get ahead.  

:goodposting:  

Never completely off the clock. Also have tons of flexibility during the day. Works for me.
This. I don't ##### and moan when I have to work a few hours on an evening/weekend. They don't say anything when I have to take time off during the week.

My routine when home is work (start early with conf calls at 6:30-7am) then sometime late afternoon 4 or so head to the gym.  Come back for dinner.  Then I'll have laptop up and go between work stuff and critical FBG work.  Don't mind it. Works for me.

:goodposting:  

Never completely off the clock. Also have tons of flexibility during the day. Works for me.
:yes: this

I'll answer emails occasionally and take phone calls. Not as often as in pervious assignments but the people I advise work around the clock. 

there are some things that i do much more efficiently in my home office than at the my wirk office. 

I tend to get up early on the weekends and work for a few hrs before i start my day. It works for me. I also like to set a hard working example for my staff. 

Well, well, well ...now you have my attention.
Walked into the precinct house that morning a little worse for wear. Couldn't get the picture of the sweet face of Flower atop the traditional Y scar of autopsy as she lay on the coroner's table out of my mind. Turned out to have been an accidental overdose of psychedelic toad that had nothing to do with her argument with Tosca over camera time on Meerkat Manor, but it was gonna be no bed of desert grasses working Mammicide without the help of my favorite snitch. All I had to remember Flower by now were the little balls of poop she liked to leave in my ashtray when she'd stop by to fill me in on the goings-on at the show.

Choking on my grief like it was a dung beetle, I made my way toward my desk. No sooner had i sat down when Lieutenant Murphy pitched a dead pup onto my desk like it was a pack of Camels as his way of announcing i'd caught a case. "Four more like it, Vandervoort. 377 Termite Mound Avenue".

"But, chief, that's...."

"The Alley, I know, it's probably gonna get furry. Take a Ranger if you want."

Meerkat Alley was an abandoned township from apartheid days that had been overrun by the worst elements of Meerdom. Oh, the sad, mad, and bad faces that would pop up cheerily from every sewer, gutter, trashcan and kathole along the Alley, the rings around their eyes darkened from getting high on Ebola blood all day. Any moment they could overrun you and preen your scalp for lice without a second thought, so you had to be on your guard. My only contact down there was Fuzzy Alice, who ran a burrow for abused pups not far from the crime scene.......

On occasion, but I don't make a habit of it.  

Except that I check email pretty much all the time.  Not sure if that counts or not.  

I try not to, aside from email of course. If I have stuff that needs doing, I'd rather stay later and get it done as opposed to trying to concentrate at home. Much easier for me to focus that way.

Very, very rarely do I have to do any work at home.  Will sometimes work late if I'm in a groove and want to get some coding done on a project.  One of the huge positives of my job, when I leave the office for the day...I'm done.

This. I don't ##### and moan when I have to work a few hours on an evening/weekend. They don't say anything when I have to take time off during the week.
Perfectly said.   It all evens itself out and its great to have that flexibility especially when you have kids.

Users who are viewing this thread