What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Waivers didn't run, no phone number to help?? (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
I'm in a CBS league that we pay 150 for and the waivers didn't run last night like they should have.  Anybody else have a similar issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
the only mechanism I see for contacting them is via the question mark icon in the upper right corner that allows you to "submit feedback"...anybody else see another mechanism to alert them of the issue?

I'll bite - why pay double the price mfl charges? Or espn?
This is such a tired bit. Who really cares? CBS is our preference. It works out to be $12.50 per team or .78-per week for some of the greatest entertainment on Earth. 

I'll bite - why pay double the price mfl charges? Or espn?
This is such a tired bit. Who really cares? CBS is our preference. It works out to be $12.50 per team or .78-per week for some of the greatest entertainment on Earth. 
:goodposting:    My main money league has used CBS for 16 years. We haven't had many issues at all while using it. We split the cost of the software between all the league owners like you, and it ends up to be not much at all. As for the waivers running this week, our waivers start running early Wednesday morning, and it ran fine for us this week.

:goodposting:    My main money league has used CBS for 16 years. We haven't had many issues at all while using it. We split the cost of the software between all the league owners like you, and it ends up to be not much at all. As for the waivers running this week, our waivers start running early Wednesday morning, and it ran fine for us this week.
Us too.

CBS doesn't have a phone number for angry fantasy football GMs to call?  

Someone over there knows what they are doing.  

The laughable thing about the hosting site arrogance is that I've played on just about all of them in my 24 years and they all have problems at times but when CBS does, everyone jumps on their soap box to scream "Ya see! Ya see! look how stupid you all are!" No dude, whining about a $6.00 per team difference per year makes you look pathetic.

Do you need Jamie Eisenberg's cell phone number?

Or I can get you a link to Dave Richard's MySpace account.

CBS customer support is actually really good if you contact them through their Twitter account, @CBSSportsHelp. I know not everyone has Twitter, but they respond quickly and every problem I've had as commissioner has been taken care of by them.

Because  we've been on it for years and our league owners like it and don't want to change.    
Does CBS still allow the commissioner to delete all records of transactions waiver pick ups roster moves ect

When I showed the managers in my league that I could do that they were more than willing to change sites Went with RTS

this was many years ago so maybe they fixed it

Does CBS still allow the commissioner to delete all records of transactions waiver pick ups roster moves ect

When I showed the managers in my league that I could do that they were more than willing to change sites Went with RTS

There is still an option to delete them but the owners in my league trust me  ;)

Why do they have the same ads as a clickbait website and turn off videos if you use an ad blocker as a paid service? They should wear a ski mask. I loathe when I'm asked to join a site hosted there.

Why do they have the same ads as a clickbait website and turn off videos if you use an ad blocker as a paid service? They should wear a ski mask. I loathe when I'm asked to join a site hosted there.
Thank you. I was about to post this exact thing. This is as bad as paying for TV and then getting blasted with ads all day long. The dynamic ad frames take each page twice as long to load and we pay for this crap.

The history and record keeping is the only thing keeping us there too.

Yes, which is fine provided the commissioner can be trusted to not do it inappropriately. Sounds like your leaguemates think you are likely to abuse your power - that's kinda sad. :(  

I find it very useful, as we draft offline (live draft) and then I have to enter all of the rosters.  It's much easier to add players team by team using add/drop to do blocks of 14 players (IDP, 27 players/team) than through the wonky draft room interface where you add in draft order.  One missed player in the applet and you botch 12 rosters. 

Then i can reset the transaction report so that it doesn't reflect everyone owing $108 per team for the commish adds. 

I've never seen waivers not run though - they've run late (midnight-01:00 AM PT instead of ~11:00 PT)  

The "contact us" sucks, I agree - no customer service number. But if you email them a question they usually respond/resolve within a day. 

IMO RT Sports has the best CS.  You call & get a live helpful person Who picks up the phone (no automated message or queue to navigate) Can't beat that. 

I'm with you on this one. I hated when they added the banner ads down the left & right sides of the page.  One across the top even annoyed me since it's a paid site, but having Snickers ads from top of screen to bottom on both sides is way over the top - not to mention it narrows the window in which you can see the content and shrinks the scoreboard. 

I give them an F- for that move. C+ overall. 

Yes, which is fine provided the commissioner can be trusted to not do it inappropriately. Sounds like your leaguemates think you are likely to abuse your power - that's kinda sad. :(  

Yes they were very concerned I would do something they didn't know I could do until after I pointed it out to them. I wanted to leave CBS because of price increases (think it was 150$) and that they were basically demanding payment after the probowl (slight exaggeration)

Having the ability to change things = GREAT having the ability to delete any record of doing that = BAD

The reason we're all on CBS is that it USED to be the best, by far IMO. Back in the day ESPN and others used to constantly have issues with live scoring, and CBS was always $ at least in that regard. Plus the layout and everything was far better as well.

Now CBS is trying to turn fantasy football into facebook and it gets worse every year. No, I don't want to "share" or "chat", this is fantasy football! ESPN hasn't gotten any better, but now they're pretty much equal after CBS destroyed the best thing they had going for them, the nice clean layout.

That said, like others I don't mind paying the $15 per year to keep the league history and all that intact. But the league I commish now is on ESPN.

My main money league has used CBS for 16 years. We haven't had many issues at all while using it. We split the cost of the software between all the league owners like you, and it ends up to be not much at all. As for the waivers running this week, our waivers start running early Wednesday morning, and it ran fine for us this week.
Why are you asking me this? I don't work for CBS. At the very top of the front page is a small banner that just sits there. On the very right of the front page going down is a NFL Network window that doesn't play unless you click it. There is also a window going down the very right that can be clicked, if you choose, that features discussion on one of your players for that weekend matchup. The site loads just fine for me, and nothing plays unless I click it to play. I guess I'm just low maintenance, and those things I mentioned don't bother me.

Why are you asking me this? I don't work for CBS. At the very top of the front page is a small banner that just sits there. On the very right of the front page going down is a NFL Network window that doesn't play unless you click it. There is also a window going down the very right that can be clicked, if you choose, that features discussion one one of your players for that weekend matchup. The site loads just fine for me, and nothing plays unless I click it to play. I guess I'm just low maintenance, and those things I mentioned don't bother me.
Sorry, didn't mean to direct at you. Just a general grumbling on my part. My bad.

I'm with you on this one. I hated when they added the banner ads down the left & right sides of the page.  One across the top even annoyed me since it's a paid site, but having Snickers ads from top of screen to bottom on both sides is way over the top - not to mention it narrows the window in which you can see the content and shrinks the scoreboard. 

I give them an F- for that move. C+ overall. 
I find it thoroughly obnoxious that they use up 25% (or more) of the screen with those ads on a site we pay for. I've emailed them numerous times about it and always get the same canned response about how they do that in order to keep costs down and bring me the best service they can.

Basically my leaguemates hate change which is the only reason we're still there. The "free" draft board comes in handy as well and is a good product.

Because  we've been on it for years and our league owners like it and don't want to change.    
This is the reason we stay - I have a diverse league. While they're all adept at FFB, not all are technically adept - and they know the system we have with CBS. Change would be chaos. And further, they like the content CBS provides with the league subscription.  I actually really like the RTSports content as they have links to all the local beat writers, but since the league is comfortable, I see no reason to change. 

Basically my leaguemates hate change which is the only reason we're still there. The "free" draft board comes in handy as well and is a good product.
Same - I think many in here have the same opinion - and good point about the draft board, though I have to buy the IDP stickers for another $7. Still - there's value to the draft kit they send, which I think many here ignore. 

Thank you. I was about to post this exact thing. This is as bad as paying for TV and then getting blasted with ads all day long. The dynamic ad frames take each page twice as long to load and we pay for this crap.

The history and record keeping is the only thing keeping us there too.
Sure, once you're in that helps.  MFL does the same cheaper. 

Is this the CBS bashing thread? I have quite a few complaints, and yes our waivers ran about 8 hours late.

I just told everyone to make sure your bids are setup by midnight and any changes made to your bids after that are at your own risk. Had an owner adjusting his bids since he saw the waivers didn't go through and BAM! right in the middle of making a change it processed waivers messing up something for him. This same issue happened about 2 or 3 years ago for the first waiver run of the year, it didn't process until the following day.

Getting fed up with CBS and will explore other options, but change is hard with this group and some owners love the CBS auto generated reports about each game's results and owner's decisions.

Running an ad blocker so those don't affect me. Big problem I have with them now is they botched our 10 year league history, the records like "least points scored in a season" etc are just flat wrong and I have to go in to edit them. Lack of control as commish is also frustrating, IR rules, FAAB rules etc..

Seems the consensus around here is that MFL is the superior option for hosting?

Runnyb said:
Is this the CBS bashing thread? I have quite a few complaints, and yes our waivers ran about 8 hours late.

I just told everyone to make sure your bids are setup by midnight and any changes made to your bids after that are at your own risk. Had an owner adjusting his bids since he saw the waivers didn't go through and BAM! right in the middle of making a change it processed waivers messing up something for him. This same issue happened about 2 or 3 years ago for the first waiver run of the year, it didn't process until the following day.

Getting fed up with CBS and will explore other options, but change is hard with this group and some owners love the CBS auto generated reports about each game's results and owner's decisions.

Running an ad blocker so those don't affect me. Big problem I have with them now is they botched our 10 year league history, the records like "least points scored in a season" etc are just flat wrong and I have to go in to edit them. Lack of control as commish is also frustrating, IR rules, FAAB rules etc..

Seems the consensus around here is that MFL is the superior option for hosting?
Man I want to kill the smug comment making jackoff who scripted that thing.  You would have won if you played this 2 point higher rated guy as well as this bench idiot who somehow got 30 points this week.  

Users who are viewing this thread