What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate the top 5 WRs ROS only (1 Viewer)

Number of targets and quality (accurate QB, red zone, & aDoT) of targets will dictate:

AB - 40 targets already

Evans - 37 targets, 2nd in the league

AJ Green - 32 targets; Eifert coming back soon, but he should still get his

M Jones - 29 targets, but he's the deep threat and whatever Jim Bob did with Stafford is working

Jordy - 27 targets from the best QB; it took a couple game, but they are both back to form

--------------

Reasons these guys missed:

A Rob - targets are there, but everybody knows it and Bortles can't connect with him

OBJ - red zone targets have dried up now that Shepard and Cruz are available, no need to throw into double team

Cooper - still 1A and 1B with Crabtree

-------------

Could slip in:

Hilton - 34 targets so far, but Moncrief will be back well before FF playoffs

Fitzgerald - looks good, but he looked good last year, too, then he fell off; low YPR

Diggs - 27 targets and getting it done, should at least be top 12

Baldwin - 27 targets and situation could improve when Wilson gets fully healthy, but hard to imagine he gets 144 targets this year with Graham and Lockett

Julio - needs to prove he can get healthy and stay healthy

AB, Baldwin, AR15, JonesJr, Nelson.

(non ppr)
I agree with this except that I would slide Evans or AJ Green in over AR15 due to Bortles/Jax struggles so far.

Agree that I don't think Julio and ODB will get the target share form last year that is needed to keep them in the top 5.

Number of targets and quality (accurate QB, red zone, & aDoT) of targets will dictate:

AB - 40 targets already

M Jones - 29 targets, but he's the deep threat and whatever Jim Bob did with Stafford is working

Jordy - 27 targets from the best QB; it took a couple game, but they are both back to form

--------------

AR15 - targets are there, but everybody knows it and Bortles can't connect with him

OBJ - red zone targets have dried up now that Shepard and Cruz are available, no need to throw into double team

-------------

Could slip in:

Fitzgerald - looks good, but he looked good last year, too, then he fell off; low YPR

Baldwin - 27 targets and situation could improve when Wilson gets fully healthy, but hard to imagine he gets 144 targets this year with Graham and Lockett

Fixed.

AB - 40 targets already

--------------

A Rob - targets are there, but everybody knows it and Bortles can't connect with him

-------------

Could slip in:

Great great post.  I agree with all of it.

WR43 with a high week of WR20

One of my all-time favorites but come on man. He's not even the top FF WR on his own team.
I am predicting this changes.  He looked SO much better last week than week 1, pass happy offense, I don't have any faith in Wallace as a #1 WR for any team.

I am predicting this changes.  He looked SO much better last week than week 1, pass happy offense, I don't have any faith in Wallace as a #1 WR for any team.
Interesting. Flacco seems to like Wallace and has targeted him in the RZ every week. Almost had another TD but dropped it last week. Wallace is a steal this year IMO

It is an admitted long shot... but better than listing off the top 5 wrs so far (mostly the case here)

Has Steve Smith had more than the 2005 season in the top 5?
I can't speak to how Smith will do this year, but in 0 PPR leagues, here were his PPG rankings each season over his career since he became a starter.

43, 15, 1, 2, 16, 3, 12, 66, 6, 23, 46, 25, 9

I can't speak to how Smith will do this year, but in 0 PPR leagues, here were his PPG rankings each season over his career since he became a starter.

43, 15, 1, 2, 16, 3, 12, 66, 6, 23, 46, 25, 9
With the way you manipulated the criteria, you should run for public office.  :thumbup:

You need to have strong consistency to be in the running for top 5.  Consistency in team's game plan, QB play, targets and WR performance.  Some of these names look good based on three weeks of play, but I can't see them sustaining that production all year.  I play PPR so my rankings are as follows:

1) A Brown - no brainer

2) Evans - almost a no brainer

3) Jordy - all signs point to yes.  I don't expect much to change in that offense.

4) Fitzgerald - Getting a solid 11 targets a game.  Don't expect that to change much

5) Up for grabs between OBJ, Allen Robinson, AJ Green.  My guess is OBJ since he hasn't even scored a TD yet and with the emergence of Shepard, I expect coverage to lighten up against him.  Robinson will be fighting inconsistent QB play and Hurns/Lee will keep is targets minimized a bit.  AJ gets eifert back to eat targets soon and I think Boyd gets more involved too.  

Outside chance to crack the top 5: Hopkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Landry, Baldwin, Hilton and maybe Cooks.

Last edited by a moderator:
No particular order, but I look at Targets mostly...

AB - no need to explain

Evans - targets are up and he is performing really well. Don't see it slowing down and TB may be throwing a lot

AJ Green - Similar reasons as Evans. I think Cinci has to throw a lot this year

Landry - don't see him on this list but he's 3rd in targets and 3rd in yards so far. Plus does anyone see Miami not throwing the rest of the way? 

Jordy- he has targets and he is a huge redzone threat. Plus he looks just as fast as he did before he got hurt. 

Jones Jr I'm surprised to see mentioned here. he's the ultimate sell high IMO

No particular order, but I look at Targets mostly...

AB - no need to explain

Evans - targets are up and he is performing really well. Don't see it slowing down and TB may be throwing a lot

AJ Green - Similar reasons as Evans. I think Cinci has to throw a lot this year

Landry - don't see him on this list but he's 3rd in targets and 3rd in yards so far. Plus does anyone see Miami not throwing the rest of the way? 

Jordy- he has targets and he is a huge redzone threat. Plus he looks just as fast as he did before he got hurt. 

Jones Jr I'm surprised to see mentioned here. he's the ultimate sell high IMO
Problem with Landry is he doesn't get many yards or TDs. He's the sell high right now, IMO. Game script had really helped him out, plus injuries to Foster, Parker, and Cameron. When everyone is healthy he's a 0ppr WR3 and PPR WR2.

If anybody wants to sell me Marvin, I'd pay. He may not be a top 10 talent, but he's in a top 5 situation and he's healthy (looking at you Keenan, Dez, Sammy, and Julio). Jim Bob has Stafford on a tear. After JBC took over, Stafford threw 19 TD/2 INT in the final 8 games. In the first 3 games this year, he's 7/2. That's a 16g pace of 38 TDs. He's also on pace for over 600 attempts. Tate is talented but his aDoT is garbage in this system while Marvin is the deep threat. With Abdullah out and Riddick ineffective, they'll be throwing a lot. Marvin is unlikely to finish the year as WR1 (where he is through 3 weeks), but top 5 RoS is very possible (and IMO probable).

If anybody wants to sell me Marvin, I'd pay. He may not be a top 10 talent, but he's in a top 5 situation
I agree with this. I think he will finish top 10 TBH just based off the facts that you outlined regarding having to throw. I just don't think he finishes top 5. He is the #1 WR in my league right now which is why I think he's a good sell high. He will finish top 10, 15 at worst, which puts him at the biggest steal at WR this season still. A good target to get and sell IMO

AB - at a level all his own.

Evans - aspect missing from his game was TD's. Doing better on the drops too.

Baldwin - still surprised on how many folks are sleeping on him.  Has gone along way already in proving 2H15 was no fluke.

Nelson - looks healthy and feels like he is now head and shoulders above any other option in GB.

ODB - Jennings already hurt which means Eli will be chucking. While Shepard and Cruz have formed a nice compliment, feels like 2nd half against WAS woke him up and he's about to blow up

I agree with this. I think he will finish top 10 TBH just based off the facts that you outlined regarding having to throw. I just don't think he finishes top 5. He is the #1 WR in my league right now which is why I think he's a good sell high. He will finish top 10, 15 at worst, which puts him at the biggest steal at WR this season still. A good target to get and sell IMO
If you own him, you're not getting WR1 return value in a trade. People are only looking to pay ~WR12 (at best) for him since everybody knows he's probably coming back down to earth to some extent. But from Week 4 to Week 16, I think he's got as good a shot at top 5 production as anyone not named Antonio Brown (nobody can match that target volume). Jones is getting a sustainable number of targets (24% of team targets) and catching a sustainable percentage of them (62%). He won't average 22.7 YPR, but he could easily continue 1 TD per 9 receptions, if not improve upon it given his deep threat role.

Would u guys stop calling him ODB?!!  It's OBJ. ODB has already been taken and it doesn't even make sense to use D in his name. He goes bu OBJ. 

THANKS,

Management 

AB - at a level all his own.

Evans - aspect missing from his game was TD's. Doing better on the drops too.

Baldwin - still surprised on how many folks are sleeping on him.  Has gone along way already in proving 2H15 was no fluke.

Nelson - looks healthy and feels like he is now head and shoulders above any other option in GB.

ODB - Jennings already hurt which means Eli will be chucking. While Shepard and Cruz have formed a nice compliment, feels like 2nd half against WAS woke him up and he's about to blow up
For the sake of debate, I think a lot of what is causing people pause on Baldwin (I left him off, but gave him a nod as an alternate) is the targets. He got 100 last year. He's on pace for 144 this year. The team is on pace for 586 which is likely to drop off. Graham looks to be back. Lockett is ready to take a year 2 step forward. I really like Baldwin's game paired with Wilson, but I think he's in the 6-12 range from weeks 4-16.

OBJ is still on pace for 160 targets, but he needs TDs for a top 5 finish and it sure seems the Giants are content to take what the defenses are giving them now. Eli has 19 red zone attempts and only 1 has gone to OBJ. Maybe that's an accident and he's due, but I'm betting this is by design to cut down on turnovers. Eli throwing into double coverage is no longer a risk they need to take.

You guys that down on Julio already?
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like he's got Jonathan Stewart-esque lower leg injury tendencies. If he's 100% healthy, he's a lock. That's just a huge if while other guys are healthy and producing right now.

Not much talk of Hopkins in this thread. I'm a little torn on how good I think he's going to be this year and I currently have an offer with him involved. I'd give up Hopkins and Dwayne Allen and receive Baldwin and Jordan Reed. With the way some people are talking up Baldwin here, it seems like a no brainer?

For me:

1) AB

2) Evans

3) OBJ

4) Julio Jones

5) Josh Gordon (just a feeling he turns into mop up god like 2013)
It would not surprise me if Pryor outscores Gordon in that offense. Gordon is going to be shaking off rust for at least a couple of games and Pryor looks like the real deal. At the very least, Pryor and Coleman (when healthy) are going to get targets.

My top 5 are AB, Evans, AR15, Jordy, and Fitz.  

Would u guys stop calling him ODB?!!  It's OBJ. ODB has already been taken and it doesn't even make sense to use D in his name. He goes bu OBJ. 

THANKS,

Management 
ODB makes perfect sense given his behavior

Also, he has said himself he goes by ODB. His twitter is OBJ but he calls himself ODB

Thanks,

Dr

Last edited by a moderator:
For the sake of debate, I think a lot of what is causing people pause on Baldwin (I left him off, but gave him a nod as an alternate) is the targets. He got 100 last year. He's on pace for 144 this year. The team is on pace for 586 which is likely to drop off. Graham looks to be back. Lockett is ready to take a year 2 step forward. I really like Baldwin's game paired with Wilson, but I think he's in the 6-12 range from weeks 4-16.

OBJ is still on pace for 160 targets, but he needs TDs for a top 5 finish and it sure seems the Giants are content to take what the defenses are giving them now. Eli has 19 red zone attempts and only 1 has gone to OBJ. Maybe that's an accident and he's due, but I'm betting this is by design to cut down on turnovers. Eli throwing into double coverage is no longer a risk they need to take.
I'm remote,so I can't quote specific target numbers...however, Baldwin emerged in 2H2015.  Whatever clicked, clicked then between him and Russell.  What I also remember about Baldwin was his target efficiency (along with TD's).  To me, it just feels like he's continued along that 2H trendline.

I now own A Brown, Evans, AR15, Landry, and Fitz....I like seeing them being mentioned a lot in this thread.

You guys that down on Julio already?
I should have had him in my outside chance list, but my mind slipped when typing it.  My biggest reason for not including him in my top 5 is that the run game looks really good with Campbell and Freeman and I just don't think he'll see the targets he usually does.  Small sample size, but he only had two games last year with less than 10 targets.  He already has three this year out of 3 games played.  Could change but I think they run more this year.

I own Baldwin but don't consider him top 5. I hope I'm missing something. I think Baldwin is going to have almost as many bad games as good games this season. 

I'm remote,so I can't quote specific target numbers...however, Baldwin emerged in 2H2015.  Whatever clicked, clicked then between him and Russell.  What I also remember about Baldwin was his target efficiency (along with TD's).  To me, it just feels like he's continued along that 2H trendline.
It's all good. I'll look them up.

Last 8 games: 53 targets, 40 rec, 14.8 ypr, 11 TD.

I'm not arguing against his efficiency. He obviously was very efficient (over 75% catch rate, 1 TD per 3.6 rec). The problem is that efficiency like that is not likely to repeat and does not lend itself to scaling upwards AND his team's passing stats don't indicate his current target load will continue. I'm not saying it's impossible (I snagged him in a lot of leagues, so I hope I'm wrong), but I don't think he's a good bet for top 5 RoS. I named him in my top 5 guys who could slip in, but I just don't know that there will be enough targets to give him what he needs to make top 5. Top 10 is within reach and would be quite nice for me given his ADP was ~WR22.

So , are people really relying on Jimmy Graham staying healthy as the determining factor in the Baldwin conversation? Baldwin is as good a lock as there is.

The OP did say ROS right?

Josh Gordon is going to KILL it when he comes back.hes back next week.

Landry is doing his best Julio Jones 2015 imitation, hes not going away..hes an absolute stud esp with that lousy miami run game.

Obj

AB

A. Robinson ? How many passes will Bortles keep throwing to defenders? Gus will be  fired after this sundays loss in London.then what? New coach calls for more run, less pass, right? No thanks on Robinson.

Users who are viewing this thread