What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recommend something cool for my basement (1 Viewer)

E-Z Glider

Footballguy
Looking for a cool Xmas present for my girls (13 and 15yo).  They're finally starting to use the basement when hanging out with friends. Already has TV/music. They dont play video games. Already has shuffleboard and Foosball (which no one uses). They do like to play board games when friends are there. Otherwise, they just "hang out" down there. Any ideas?

:popcorn:

Looking for a cool Xmas present for my girls (13 and 15yo).  They're finally starting to use the basement when hanging out with friends. Already has TV/music. They dont play video games. Already has shuffleboard and Foosball (which no one uses). They do like to play board games when friends are there. Otherwise, they just "hang out" down there. Any ideas?

Well damn, there's goes the stripper pole idea I was going to post.

sump pump

multi-cade arcade machine

posters of bieber

aerial map of post war berlin

easy bake oven station

wall of frescos

Photobooth

I was gonna go with sybian when I saw the title but yeah that would be inappropriate after reading the details
I invented a crude Sybian around '91 using a hairbrush handle and a record player.  The chick would always say 33 was fine but the thing would get cranked to 78 within a minute or so.

hookahs are always fun for a large group.  create a nice sitting area with a bunch of pillows where everyone can get stoned and have some laughs.  good times.

My basement in the order of what my 14yo and 16yo and their friends use...

• Pool Table (this gets about 5x more use than anything)
  • Ping Pong Table
  • 50" TV with game system
  • Bubble Hockey Game
  • Electronic Dartboard
  • Foosball Table
  • Air Hockey
Other ideas I want to get someday...

• Shuffleboard Table
  • Pinball Machine
  • Jukebox

Side door so boys can sneak in and out... 

(Include a hidden camera so you can see if your daughters are lying to you).

• Bowling lane with automatic pin setter and ball return. 
  • Indoor pool/Sauna/Hot Tub
  • Indoor sport court and basketball hoop. All the rage now on new builds. 
  • Panic Room
  • Stage, lights and sound system for band practice. 
  • Selfie Studio
  • Commercial gumball machine
  • One-armed bandit old school slot machines
  • Poker table
  • Putting green
  • Golf simulator 

My girls are younger, but we're painting one of the smaller walls in our basement with chalk paint to make a large chalk board. Might not be good for you, but it's an inexpensive project that may be good for other people reading. 

Golf Simulator all the way if I was being selfish about it.  The projection screen can even double for movie night when not hooked up to the golf simulator.  

pinball machine and/or mame arcade machine.

and I know you said that you have music but I have a touchscreen jukebox mounted on the wall which is awesome for parties.  

If it were for me, I'd take the hookah, pinball machine, golf simulator and Justin Bieber posters. But this is supposed to be for teenage girls. Not enough space for a ping pong table unfortunately. The mani-pedi chair was the best idea, but holy ####, Im not paying $3k for a chair. 

If it were for me, I'd take the hookah, pinball machine, golf simulator and Justin Bieber posters. But this is supposed to be for teenage girls. Not enough space for a ping pong table unfortunately. The mani-pedi chair was the best idea, but holy ####, Im not paying $3k for a chair. 
It doesn't have to be just for the girls.  Just think of soaking your dogs in some nice hot salt water at the end of the day.  Have your wife paint your digits.  A fresh coat of bourdeauz lust polish will really get things going between you and the Mrs.

Users who are viewing this thread