What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tool - Lateralus and other albums (1 Viewer)

All of this, plus added to that is these artists from 20+ years ago probably didn't figure into their calculations the social media implications and making it even harder to break away from people.   

I have a lot of respect for musicians and actors who are able to break away and attempt to live "normal" lives.  
Agreed. Even in the early 90s it was still pretty easy to keep a low profile if you were in a successful metal or indie band. I remember seeing the pics of the Tool guys in the Undertow inset and not even knowing who was who. Since they didn't appear in their videos, I didn't know what Maynard looked like until he started doing more magazine interviews, probably around Ænima.

Yea if you feel the need to say "love your music" and then leave, that's fine. Don't pester the guy for a picture or autograph when he's out with his family. I always think of the Eminem video "The way I am" when I see musicians getting harassed.
All I know is if I went up to Thom Yorke and said "Hey Thom I love your music, congrats on your success!" and he told me to F OFF, I'd just figure he was having a rough day. He's done a pretty good job of trying to communicate with the fans over the years, but there are just too damn many and he's one man. Yet he still has a reputation for being prickly and that seems unfair.

Now that I think about it, Thom Yorke telling me to F off would probably become a cherished memory.

All I know is if I went up to Thom Yorke and said "Hey Thom I love your music, congrats on your success!" and he told me to F OFF, I'd just figure he was having a rough day. He's done a pretty good job of trying to communicate with the fans over the years, but there are just too damn many and he's one man. Yet he still has a reputation for being prickly and that seems unfair.

Now that I think about it, Thom Yorke telling me to F off would probably become a cherished memory.
I was gonna say. If I went up to Axl Rose when I was 9 and he told me to #### off, I'd be like "Axl Rose told me to #### off! He'll yeah!"

What was the Tool CD where the insert placed against the plastic cover would show a dude giving himself a blowie?  Am I remembering that correctly?

General Malaise said:
What was the Tool CD where the insert placed against the plastic cover would show a dude giving himself a blowie?  Am I remembering that correctly?
Pretty sure that was Ænima. It's been awhile but I think it also showed California disappearing.

Maynard has produced a TON of good music.  From what I've gathered Danny Carey is super uptight/perfectionist, and doesn't like to let the front man front

Tool in London 1993 was the most kickass show of my life

I don't stan for all their #### but looking forward to more.. and pumped it's all finally going streaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
-arcK- said:
Pretty weird to me to be expecting artists to be "on" all the time as they go through their day. Now I'm not saying all artists are tortured but a lot of great art comes from people who are not well-adjusted. When I was younger I was an extreme introvert yet still had a serious interest in playing music for a living, and had I made it in that industry I honestly don't think I would have handled fans very well.

Now at age 43, I've since put in a ton of work just to be able to have natural conversations with people and give the illusion that I'm more outgoing than I really am. I'm a lot more comfortable with it now and I do enjoy the random chit-chat a lot more, but it's still exhausting to me over a whole work day... and to recharge I need quiet time to go about my business by myself. I can't even imagine being constantly approached by strangers day after day, everywhere I go.
Never said guys don't need quiet time. I have Asperger's a high functioning form of Autism. A burger Clay Marzaro went through similar issues as you and the documentary documents his struggles how he lost his sponsors over the years and all do to lack of communication with media and such. However he finally learned to be comfortable enough to deal with it. So I get that aspect. I'm more so talking about no matter what you are going through theres certain ways of handling situations and just from my experience with Maynard I think he's incredible unprofessional. Now if he had a social issue like Doyle of The Misfits then I can understand that butter but from everything I've read or seen the guys just comes off as an ####### I just find it hard to support a band or guy no matter the talent who treats their fans like total #### and beneath them. 

Apple Jack said:
Needy fans deserve being shunned. You're an adult, you don't need to bother this guy beyond enjoying the music. Get a grip.
Never said I was bothering him. However it comes with the fame. But hey everyone we got a guy who's edgy in here. Let me guess you also think adults wearing sports jersey's are childish too? 

In fact someone was trying to introduce us to him at a show he was paid to be at. So I see no issue here. 

KarmaPolice said:
All of this, plus added to that is these artists from 20+ years ago probably didn't figure into their calculations the social media implications and making it even harder to break away from people.   

I have a lot of respect for musicians and actors who are able to break away and attempt to live "normal" lives.  
I do too. I'm just saying theres ways of handling this without looking like a jackass, being ignorant etc or coming off like that. Thats the way Maynard comes off too me. Again in my two meets with him I was being respectful or not even bothering him. He completely blew off my friends mom (who worked at the arena and who's father is paying the guy to be there) and was completely disrespectful of the situation. All he could've said was sorry I love to chat but I'm late for a meeting before my gig or whatever. When I met him the second time again first thing out of my mouth was I want an apology. I gave a typical respectful response. After a few mins I said I saw you 7 yrs ago and explained the situation told him how it looked from my friend and I's POV. Instead of oh I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come off that way I may have been having a bad day he looked unconcerned and was ignorant like thats how any fan should be treated. Sorry if my friends mom was "bothering you" but you also chose to take $$$ from her father to do a gig at that arena. I'm not asking for much just a little simple courtesy and respect. Treat people the way you want to be treated. I guess since he wanted to treat me like some low life then thats how he'd like to be treated as well. 

Insein said:
Yea if you feel the need to say "love your music" and then leave, that's fine. Don't pester the guy for a picture or autograph when he's out with his family. I always think of the Eminem video "The way I am" when I see musicians getting harassed.
Trust me I don't harass famous people when they are out with their family. If I know who they are and they shop in my store I just act like they are any other customer. I say hi and is there anything I can help you with if they look lost. Again from time to time they might stop and chat. John LeClaire's wife use to hate when he would stop and chat to fans while they were shopping and probably why he comes alone most days or when they do it's during non peak hours of business. In either of my Maynard's situation HE WAS AT A GIG WHERE HE WILL BE BOTHER BY PEOPLE. This wasn't me seeing him out in public doing normal every stuff this was a show you know his work. 

-arcK- said:
Agreed. Even in the early 90s it was still pretty easy to keep a low profile if you were in a successful metal or indie band. I remember seeing the pics of the Tool guys in the Undertow inset and not even knowing who was who. Since they didn't appear in their videos, I didn't know what Maynard looked like until he started doing more magazine interviews, probably around Ænima.
It was easier because by that point Metal wasn't as popular anymore unless you listen to Metallica and Godsmack and bands like them had just started or liked Pantera. Mainstream Music industry got away from Metal when the Grunge crap started in the early 90s thanks to Nirvana and bands like that. Also if Maynard has wanted to keep a low profile why not just dress up and put a mask on and some paint or something. Most if you asked them didn't know what the members of KISS looked like until they "unMasked" in the 80s. A band like Ghost the members have been secrete for yrs. There's been rumors the likes of Dave Navarro and others played a Ghouls at some point and until he reviled himself as Tobias Papa Emeritus real identity was never revealed until maybe 2 yrs ago. If he wanted to keep an identity secrete a tons of ways to do it.  

Insein said:
I was gonna say. If I went up to Axl Rose when I was 9 and he told me to #### off, I'd be like "Axl Rose told me to #### off! He'll yeah!"
At 9yeah because you aren't mature enough but if that was my kid he did that too I'd ask him what the he'll his problem was its a child. I understand saying that to an adult. When Cole Hamels was in Philly he wouldn't sign for any Adults if he did it was very rare. At BP it was always the kids who got an autograph or a pic taken. To put this in perspective there's a lot of people who hate Barry Bonds. Not because he cheated but what pr*ck he was to fans who weren't Giants fans. I had a really close friend growing up who was a huge Barry Bonds fan despite being a Phillies fan. We went to 96 All Star game. He met Barry finally 5 yrs later. He had on a Rolen jersey my Friend and a Giants hat. Barry looked at him eye to eye my friend a Freshman in HS looking at his idol. Barry then says "I don't sign for non giants fans and how do I know you won't just put that autograph up online or something and try to sell it?" and walks away. My buddy was devastated. Also given how Barry treated members of the media saying how his Father and grand father were treated "by them" when many by this time weren't even in the business yet really has turned people off on Barry. If the dude was nicer to many of these people especially in public maybe during the scandal he'd have had more support for him.

Point is its the way you act and your public perception also counts. A customer isn't going to shop at a store where the employees show little respect or treat you poorly. The same goes with any public figure music or sports or entertainment as a whole. Heck look at the backlash Seth Rogen got after American Sniper came out and saying and defending his own dad in that "snipers are a bunch of p*ssies" and some other comments. I still know people today who refuse to see any movie he's in including the New Lion King. If you are gonna treat me the fan like crap when I try and show you respect then you don't Deserve my business. It's that simple 

I'll give a good example of a person saying I'd love to chat but can't be bothered. My Uncle for my Birthday give took me to the John Stewart Daily Show around 2010. He lives in NY and was doing tech work at the school. A co worker of his worked for Stewart and got him tickets and we got to go back stage sit in the green room etc. It was pretty cool. I got to meet John Stewart too. Jon Oliver walks by and John wanted to introduce us to Oliver. Oliver told Jon he had to take care of some important family stuff before the show and apologized to us. Said we can chat more after the show. After the show my Uncles buddy gives us a backstage tour and Oliver finds us. He talks to us for a bit and asks how we knew one another. He also gave us autograph photos. He didn't have to do that. However he was polite and professional about the not having the time for us at the moment John Stewart wanted to introduce us all. The fact he took the time after the show to even find us was going above and beyond. 

At 9yeah because you aren't mature enough but if that was my kid he did that too I'd ask him what the he'll his problem was its a child. I understand saying that to an adult. When Cole Hamels was in Philly he wouldn't sign for any Adults if he did it was very rare. At BP it was always the kids who got an autograph or a pic taken. To put this in perspective there's a lot of people who hate Barry Bonds. Not because he cheated but what pr*ck he was to fans who weren't Giants fans. I had a really close friend growing up who was a huge Barry Bonds fan despite being a Phillies fan. We went to 96 All Star game. He met Barry finally 5 yrs later. He had on a Rolen jersey my Friend and a Giants hat. Barry looked at him eye to eye my friend a Freshman in HS looking at his idol. Barry then says "I don't sign for non giants fans and how do I know you won't just put that autograph up online or something and try to sell it?" and walks away. My buddy was devastated. Also given how Barry treated members of the media saying how his Father and grand father were treated "by them" when many by this time weren't even in the business yet really has turned people off on Barry. If the dude was nicer to many of these people especially in public maybe during the scandal he'd have had more support for him.

Point is its the way you act and your public perception also counts. A customer isn't going to shop at a store where the employees show little respect or treat you poorly. The same goes with any public figure music or sports or entertainment as a whole. Heck look at the backlash Seth Rogen got after American Sniper came out and saying and defending his own dad in that "snipers are a bunch of p*ssies" and some other comments. I still know people today who refuse to see any movie he's in including the New Lion King. If you are gonna treat me the fan like crap when I try and show you respect then you don't Deserve my business. It's that simple 
If Maynard bothers you so much why make numerous long posts in a thread about Tool.  You made your point now let it go so Tool fans can discuss how excited we are for the new album and the online release of their content.  I don't see people constantly posting about how much of a dickbag Tiger Woods is in the golf threads.  Let it go man.

Maynard has produced a TON of good music.  From what I've gathered Danny Carey is super uptight/perfectionist, and doesn't like to let the front man front

Tool in London 1993 was the most kickass show of my life

I don't stan for all their #### but looking forward to more.. and pumped it's all finally going streaming!
Maynard seemed to be hinting to this and sidestepping around the question and that it wasn't his idea that they weren't on streaming stuff.  Definitely an odd group that doesn't seem to always be on the same page.  

I'll give a good example of a person saying I'd love to chat but can't be bothered. My Uncle for my Birthday give took me to the John Stewart Daily Show around 2010. He lives in NY and was doing tech work at the school. A co worker of his worked for Stewart and got him tickets and we got to go back stage sit in the green room etc. It was pretty cool. I got to meet John Stewart too. Jon Oliver walks by and John wanted to introduce us to Oliver. Oliver told Jon he had to take care of some important family stuff before the show and apologized to us. Said we can chat more after the show. After the show my Uncles buddy gives us a backstage tour and Oliver finds us. He talks to us for a bit and asks how we knew one another. He also gave us autograph photos. He didn't have to do that. However he was polite and professional about the not having the time for us at the moment John Stewart wanted to introduce us all. The fact he took the time after the show to even find us was going above and beyond. 
I'm sure there are 100s of stories where Oliver/Stewart didn't give someone the time of day or acted like an ### where that person's personal view is now biased.

If Maynard bothers you so much why make numerous long posts in a thread about Tool.  You made your point now let it go so Tool fans can discuss how excited we are for the new album and the online release of their content.  I don't see people constantly posting about how much of a dickbag Tiger Woods is in the golf threads.  Let it go man.
Welcome to djax’s world.  Put your feet up, you’re gonna be be here a while 

I was just trying to ask a question how people like this guy still. You mention Tiger but he was not absent in his field of entertainment for almost 10 yrs for a particular group.Tool was 13 yrs apart from albums (Not sure how many it was from touring with Maynard's side projects) and the fact he called his fans assh*les and ret*rds I was wondering how you can support someone who apparently cares little about the people who are the reason the band is even successful. Thats all I'm trying to understand. Every time anyone asks this question more then half the fans get super defensive about it with the typical if you don't like them or like the guy why comment? We just want to understand how people can like them based on these comments. No different then if I was to go out on the street and ask people why they support Donald Trump or another politician based on past history 

I was just trying to ask a question how people like this guy still. You mention Tiger but he was not absent in his field of entertainment for almost 10 yrs for a particular group.Tool was 13 yrs apart from albums (Not sure how many it was from touring with Maynard's side projects) and the fact he called his fans assh*les and ret*rds I was wondering how you can support someone who apparently cares little about the people who are the reason the band is even successful. Thats all I'm trying to understand. Every time anyone asks this question more then half the fans get super defensive about it with the typical if you don't like them or like the guy why comment? We just want to understand how people can like them based on these comments. No different then if I was to go out on the street and ask people why they support Donald Trump or another politician based on past history 
I think that has been answered - 1. People haven't had the direct experience that you did, and 2.  They have said that how the artist acts doesn't weigh too heavily into the equation for them.   Also, fans can act like #######s.  

To me it's not apples to apples comparisons that you listed. Trump makes decisions that effects us and represents the country.  Maynard writes lyrics and is 1/4 of a band people like.  For me hes not even the main draw for Tool - the rhythm section is.  

Eta: like I posted, the fans are a part of the success but also its because they are hella talented.  

I think that has been answered - 1. People haven't had the direct experience that you did, and 2.  They have said that how the artist acts doesn't weigh too heavily into the equation for them.   Also, fans can act like #######s.  

To me it's not apples to apples comparisons that you listed. Trump makes decisions that effects us and represents the country.  Maynard writes lyrics and is 1/4 of a band people like.  For me hes not even the main draw for Tool - the rhythm section is.  

Eta: like I posted, the fans are a part of the success but also its because they are hella talented.  
Again I get them but I'm also getting a sense theres just a lot of copouts for his behavior. I get fans can be bad but no one besides me is saying I agree with that but maybe the dude could've handle some of his experiences or form his comments about fans better? If you get what I saying. To me it just seems theres a lot of BS defending Maynard's. Again I agree theres some ####### fans out there but that's now every fan and to lump them with the good fans isn't something as a PR person if I was working with him or the band would want to deal with. With comments like that you might also be alienating possible future fans as well. Theres a way to go about FROM HIS PERSPECTIVE That wouldn't make him look like an ignorant ####### himself. Again I've said I think the guys smart and talented but he seems to smart and stubborn for his own good at times. He could definitely have handle many of these situations better himself. I don't need the fans are #######s sometimes because I agree with that and it seems like a copout for his behavior. Treat people the way you want to be treated they say. 

And I'll leave it at that. 

true story about Tool. When my daughter was an infant she was getting a bunch of ear infections and didn't sleep great so she was cranky a bit at night. No lie, i believe i was something like 26 for 28 with getting her to calm down and either fall asleep or just rest easy when ever i played Tool for her. tried bunch of other music too, but was amazed how successful it was. think it may have been the deep bass and Maynard's melodic voice, but was pretty sweet

Did he call every fan those names, or just the ones who fit the description of those names?

true story about Tool. When my daughter was an infant she was getting a bunch of ear infections and didn't sleep great so she was cranky a bit at night. No lie, i believe i was something like 26 for 28 with getting her to calm down and either fall asleep or just rest easy when ever i played Tool for her. tried bunch of other music too, but was amazed how successful it was. think it may have been the deep bass and Maynard's melodic voice, but was pretty sweet
We used the vacuum...some might say the 2 sound the same?

If you followed the progress/process of the release of the new album, it is pretty clear that very little of the delay falls on Maynard's lap. Of course, he has always been the prime target of complaining fans. And I suppose, non-fans who feel the need to attack him.

If you followed the progress/process of the release of the new album, it is pretty clear that very little of the delay falls on Maynard's lap. Of course, he has always been the prime target of complaining fans. And I suppose, non-fans who feel the need to attack him.
That could be a reason he could be a little cranky towards fans too - he probably fields the higher portion of the hate because he is the front man, but it sounds like the others are the ones that get to the music when they get to it, and didn't want to be streaming.  

They were touring a little bit this summer.  I know I was looking at tix in Iowa.  Not sure if they are doing more next year through:

LINK
Yep. Had seen that and kinda assumed a big tour was about to be released around album release.

I may have made a weekend trip out of the Hampton,VA show if i knew we wouldn't have a concert the rest of the year.

So let me ask this here.

How young is too young for a tool show? I can't recall seeing kids there back in the day but wasn't paying attention either.

I ask cause i had a big disagreement with my wife a couple years ago. I wanted to take (drag along) my 11 year old daughter to depeche mode 2 years ago. My wife assumed it was inappropriate. I told her she was being ridiculous. There are gonna be mainly old people dancing. Needless to say i won that discussion and my daughter went. Had a good time and then the following year they were around again and my son (9)  came as well. 

They each had fun meaning they got to eat popcorn and ice cream and didn't aak to leave halfway through. That's a victory for me.

In all seriousness it was a great memory for me and i know wherever they go in life and a depeche mode tune comes on, they will remeber that concert with me. Even my son who wasn't very engaged;  i walked into the living room the following week and i heard him lightly singing..."the grabbing hands, grab all they can...."

Put a huge smile on my face

Ok...anyway back to tool

I jokingly said to my wife that I'm taking the kids to see tool when the time comes. She of course said no way. The usual stereotype of...it's gonna be filled with freaks on drugs. I get tool is harder and stuff so i understand the notion that kids at a metal concert maybe not the best idea but having gone to see Tool even back in the day...the crowd was just...different. not your typical metal/rock concert. 

I'm telling my kids it may actually be a nice show, even in terms of the visuals etc...

So, now at what will probably be 14 and 11. Do you guys think that is too young for a tool show?

comfortably numb said:
So let me ask this here.

How young is too young for a tool show? I can't recall seeing kids there back in the day but wasn't paying attention either.

I ask cause i had a big disagreement with my wife a couple years ago. I wanted to take (drag along) my 11 year old daughter to depeche mode 2 years ago. My wife assumed it was inappropriate. I told her she was being ridiculous. There are gonna be mainly old people dancing. Needless to say i won that discussion and my daughter went. Had a good time and then the following year they were around again and my son (9)  came as well. 

They each had fun meaning they got to eat popcorn and ice cream and didn't aak to leave halfway through. That's a victory for me.

In all seriousness it was a great memory for me and i know wherever they go in life and a depeche mode tune comes on, they will remeber that concert with me. Even my son who wasn't very engaged;  i walked into the living room the following week and i heard him lightly singing..."the grabbing hands, grab all they can...."

Ok...anyway back to tool

I jokingly said to my wife that I'm taking the kids to see tool when the time comes. She of course said no way. The usual stereotype of...it's gonna be filled with freaks on drugs. I get tool is harder and stuff so i understand the notion that kids at a metal concert maybe not the best idea but having gone to see Tool even back in the day...the crowd was just...different. not your typical metal/rock concert. 

I'm telling my kids it may actually be a nice show, even in terms of the visuals etc...

So, now at what will probably be 14 and 11. Do you guys think that is too young for a tool show?
If they don't like Tool they'll be bored out of their skulls.  If they do like Tool I'm sure they'll have a great time!  I've seen them twice in the last two years.. they stream video along to the show the whole time, just weird but inoffensive stop-motion thematic stuff etc. Very little banter if any. Maynard can barely be seen where he stands in the back.. in 2017 he was wearing a ####### helmet.. not this last time at Download though..  but really the whole band is pretty obscured in the lighting

I guess what I'm saying is it's kind of a weird show,  and feels like the band isn't even there sometimes and knowing what we know you can't help but think they probably don't want to be

If they don't like Tool they'll be bored out of their skulls.  If they do like Tool I'm sure they'll have a great time!  I've seen them twice in the last two years.. they stream video along to the show the whole time, just weird but inoffensive stop-motion thematic stuff etc. Very little banter if any. Maynard can barely be seen where he stands in the back.. in 2017 he was wearing a ####### helmet.. really the whole band is pretty obscure in the lighting
Yea, they dont like tool (or that type of music) They didn't like depeche mode either but i want to believe a seed was planted..and a small part of wanting to give them experiences in things they may not WANT to do but may open their minds.  I mean what kids actually want to go to a museum and look at paintings or relics. You try to expose them a bit to open them up.

Im sure they were bored but...popcorn and ice cream got them excited. 

Hey my parents made me sit through church for about 12 years of my life every sunday bored out of my mind. My kids can sacrifice 3 hours!

I'll see when the time comes. Just curious if others felt it was inappropriate for those ages.

I don't think it's inappropriate at all

The two big shows I took my kids to when they were around that age were MUSE and RUSH.. they loved those but I don't think they would have enjoyed this TOOL set much.  There's just no audience engagement so unless you're getting down to the tunes..

My rec: Sell the house and take em to see McCartney :thumbup:

Yea, they dont like tool (or that type of music) They didn't like depeche mode either but i want to believe a seed was planted..and a small part of wanting to give them experiences in things they may not WANT to do but may open their minds.  I mean what kids actually want to go to a museum and look at paintings or relics. You try to expose them a bit to open them up.

Im sure they were bored but...popcorn and ice cream got them excited. 

Hey my parents made me sit through church for about 12 years of my life every sunday bored out of my mind. My kids can sacrifice 3 hours!

I'll see when the time comes. Just curious if others felt it was inappropriate for those ages.
I don't think it's inappropriate for those ages.  I am just a cheap ###, so I would be hesitant to drop coin on something they don't love.   With my son, I did more stuff on youtube, etc (showing him what they sounded/looked like live or the different music parts) .. to get him into a couple bands he was hesitant on and tried that route.   For me it seemed like it was more the opposite effect and the usual parent-kid dynamic = the more I tried to convince him that something was good, the less he bought it.  ;)

I'm sure they will be bored. Now that i think of it. I have a running joke with a friend i went to see Tool with like 20 years ago. He was sleeping at one point. Not drugs or booze or anything. He was just bored during one of the instrumental sets.

I'm sure they will be bored. Now that i think of it. I have a running joke with a friend i went to see Tool with like 20 years ago. He was sleeping at one point. Not drugs or booze or anything. He was just bored during one of the instrumental sets.
Everybody's got a "before they were big" story but man I'm glad I saw Tool before they were big.. they were incredible in that club setting.. just a FLOOD of body surfers the whole time too, it was nutso

MJK was an absolute beast up there back then :shrug:

MegaDeath: Like I initially said I always thought Mustain was a d-bag till I met him.
Irony #1 : Above

Irony #2 : @DJackson10 created a whole thread #####ing about customers. If you didn’t want to deal with customers you shouldn’t have been a grocery checker. You “owe” them service just like Maynard “owes” fans service. 

Again in my two meets with him I was being respectful or not even bothering him. He completely blew off my friends mom (who worked at the arena and who's father is paying the guy to be there) and was completely disrespectful of the situation. All he could've said was sorry I love to chat but I'm late for a meeting before my gig or whatever. When I met him the second time again first thing out of my mouth was I want an apology. I gave a typical respectful response. After a few mins I said I saw you 7 yrs ago and explained the situation told him how it looked from my friend and I's POV. Instead of oh I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come off that way I may have been having a bad day he looked unconcerned and was ignorant like thats how any fan should be treated. Sorry if my friends mom was "bothering you" but you also chose to take $$$ from her father to do a gig at that arena. 
:lol:  dude.... I hope this is shtick 

Irony #1 : Above

Irony #2 : @DJackson10 created a whole thread #####ing about customers. If you didn’t want to deal with customers you shouldn’t have been a grocery checker. You “owe” them service just like Maynard “owes” fans service. 
I sure do but we're different context here. Maynard is a musician gets paid a lot more then his fans. The customers (some not all) coming into my store get paid way more then I do some and talk down to us and treat us like absolute garage and act entitled. Theres a huge difference. I can go get another job if I so please to. Whats Maynard going to do considering he's famous he's always going to have to deal with fans. Heck even when he retires what happens if a fan comes up and say hey I'm a big fan of yours I don't want to take too much of your time just wanted to say Hi? 

Did he call every fan those names, or just the ones who fit the description of those names?
From the context of what the question or quoted comments were it sounded like he hated most fans not just those fitting the description. Again he's always come off as weird and anti-social  

comfortably numb said:
So let me ask this here.

Ok...anyway back to tool

I saw Metaliica in like Middle School I think they'll be fine. I also went to GOdsmack when they were big early 2000s as well as Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit. We all had a good time and 2 of our parents always went with us each time to the shows. My Friend saw Aerosmith in Middle school around the time Tyler dropping F Bombs was as natural as him thanking the city they were in that night. 

Also some shows have an age limit for concerts. I remember a few when I was 18-20 I wanted to see and you could only go if you were 21 or older and NO ONE UNDER 21 was permitted in the arena or building. It depends on what type of parent you have too. Are you one who's gonna shelter your kids so everything easily offends them like most kids these days or will you let them experience stuff as long as you know they'll be safe?  

Users who are viewing this thread