What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 Injury thread (1 Viewer)

Bills placed WR Sammy Watkins (foot) on injured reserve.
Watkins was already ruled out for Week 4. His foot injury wasn't showing any signs of improving, though the reports were he was only dealing with pain management. Watkins will miss at least the next eight weeks on I.R, making Week 12 his earliest possible return. It's a huge blow to an offense that doesn't have any playmakers outside of LeSean McCoy. Buffalo signed Justin Hunter to add depth behind Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin.

Luke Joekel went to the locker room under his own power with a lower leg injury.

Marcedes Lewis left the game with what looked like a hip injury.

Washington OLB/DE Ryan Kerrigan holding left elbow and taking a knee.  Trainers out and they went to a commercial break.  

UPDATE:  Status changed to QUESTIONABLE to return.  His arm looked dead hanging to his side so it doesn't look good for his return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug Baldwin pulled after taking hard hit.  Looks like he is being evaluated for a concussion.

Sims got hit on the knee with a helmet. Jaquiz Rogers in.

Edit: Sims back in.

Siemian carted off. Not sure what happened as I saw it on the Red Zone channel

Now both David Johnson and Palmer banged up, not sure how serious. Palmer knee on low hit

Do any of you know what happened to Forte?  I got an update that he was getting X-rays after the game. Did he get hurt during the game?

He was giving media quotes after the game on how inept the offense was.  Can't be too bad if he was yapping it up with the media.

Forte Yap'n it up...
So what were the x-rays about?  Was it an in game thing or some build up issue.  He has done crap the last two games after single handedly carrying my team the first two weeks.  I just don't want it to be some nagging that that has built up.  Because I agree, I would doubt it was a sudden major thing if he was out being interviewed.

Per Rotoworld

Matt Forte rushed 14 times for just 27 yards and caught 2-of-3 targets for 16 yards in the Jets' Week 4 loss to the Seahawks.
Forte reportedly was on a cart headed for the Jets' X-rays room after the game, but nothing else is known at this point. After a monster Week 2 that saw Forte carry the ball 30 times for 100 yards and three scores, Forte has been sluggish the past two games. He has just 92 yards on his past 29 carries and isn't being involved much in the pass game. Bilal Powell ran circles around Forte on Sunday, totaling 80 yards on 10 touches. This may become even more of a timeshare next week when the Jets travel to Pittsburgh. Forte will remain an RB2. Oct 2 - 5:40 PM

Apprently Forte never had X-rays and isn't on the injury report-

"As to running back Matt Forte, there’s apparently no injury at all. He wasn’t on the post-game injury report; however, Forte was spotted taking a cart ride to the X-ray room.

Asked whether Forte had X-rays taken after the game, Bowles said, “Not to my knowledge.”

Of course, that may mean Forte had X-rays but no one told Bowles about it. Which is unlikely, unless he specifically didn’t want to know so that he could say he didn’t know — which is precisely how Panthers coach Ron Rivera handled the question of whether Cam Newtonsuffered a concussion on Sunday."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/03/todd-bowles-says-revis-has-mild-hamstring-strain-forte-didnt-get-x-rays/?utm_network=twitter&utm_post=6364538&utm_source=TW %40SNFonNBC&utm_tags=srm[football]

Users who are viewing this thread