What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jatavis Brown (1 Viewer)

Markus P Dub

Footballguy
I picked him up as well.  I am holding off putting him into the lineup this week because of the injury concern and want to confirm his snap count now that Teo is out.

I'm starting him and he logged a FULL practice yesterday. He was playing every snap until he got dinged.  

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the injuries to the Chargers LBs, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about Josh Perry. 

I wonder if he's that far behind Brown and Perryman on the depth chart?

Studly!  I own him in 2 of 3 leagues and I did WTF why is he sitting on the wire in my 3rd league.  Small bench we only start 3. lol  

One of the NFL guys I think Deon called it that J Brown would make some game changing plays to help them win and he nailed it.

By his reaction, I think he almost ripped the ball away from the receiver after the catch on the 3rd down before Denver's FG with 30 sec left. Close to adding another forced fumble + fumble recovery on top of all that.

I had him on my bench behind Compton.  I wasn't completely sold on him as the better option.

I just watched the game.  I'm sold.  Wish I'd been "sold" before this game...  :kicksrock:

Let me also say how awesome this site /thread is. There's no doubt I would have noticed Brown's numbers... But without the further insight of this site.... I would have been hesitant to pick him up. When I saw that Perryman was back.... I consideredbenching  Brown for fear they may scale his snaps back. Soooo glad I didn't. There is no doubt now that this game confirms he's an every-week starter. 

Thanks! 

A very happy Footballguys.com subscriber. 

Anybody else watch this game?

I saw him get 2 solo tackles clear as day.... and not get credited with them.

I'm in a nail biter this week. I need every last point.

What happened to him today after solid production the last 2 weeks?   Can any Chargers fans weigh in?  Thought I had found a gem here.....

Perryman finally stayed healthy a full 4 quarters. That's part of it no doubt.  I'll need to see film and snap counts to answer the rest.

Robar said:
I stand corrected.

Jatavis 100%

Perryman 52%
Jatavis was getting washed out by the lineman and took some bad angles at times.  It also seemed Atl was going away from him and other's were getting the job done so it limited his opportunities.  He was still flying around it just was one of those games that didn't amount to a strong statistical output.   Maybe now that he has burst onto the scene offenses are making it a point to account for him so he was targeted in the blocking scheme. 

Perryman was on an off with various injuries throughout the game but always returned.  He just seemed to be in the right place at the right time when he was in there.

Thanks for the details and analysis.  Somewhat to be expected now that there is some tape on him.  I still like him going forward.  He still has the green dot I presume?

I have to think this maybe a one-off.

He's such an athlete it will be very hard to sit him, maybe another repeat performance will make me think twice.

Easy to understand how the death of Jatavis' father could influence his production last week. But then Perryman steps up and turns in a big game while only playing 52% of the snaps. How is this going to shake out going forward? Who's the better play?

traveller01 said:
Easy to understand how the death of Jatavis' father could influence his production last week. But then Perryman steps up and turns in a big game while only playing 52% of the snaps. How is this going to shake out going forward? Who's the better play?
I think that Jatavius, the former S, is the 3 down guy for sure. 

Perryman was disappointing before his injury, and was getting subbed out on passing downs for Toomer.  

It's bizarre to think right now, but I would not trade Jatavius for Denzel right now, no way.  

I think that Jatavius, the former S, is the 3 down guy for sure. 

Perryman was disappointing before his injury, and was getting subbed out on passing downs for Toomer.  

It's bizarre to think right now, but I would not trade Jatavius for Denzel right now, no way.  
No way I would give up Jatavis for Perryman, either.  Gotta play the snaps to be productive and Jatavis is the 3 down guy here!

Screw it -- I'm in.  Been hunting for a dependable IDP all year (we start 1 - tackle heavy).  This guy flat out makes plays...

Screw it -- I'm in.  Been hunting for a dependable IDP all year (we start 1 - tackle heavy).  This guy flat out makes plays...
I agree but I do have some concern over last week.  I watched a lot of that game and Brown was being washed out of many of the plays and wasn't big enough to shed some of the blocks by lineman.  In his other games he wasn't being targeted by the lineman (or his line was doing a better job keeping them off him) but I wonder if he is not being game planned for a little better in the blocking scheme. 

I think he is definitely worth picking up and playing this week vs Denver as the opportunities will be there but I do have some worry moving forward.

I think the Broncos would love to pound the ball, as throwing it 50 times wasn't a good look last time vs. SD, but with no CJ Anderson, is that as possible?

Booker has looked pretty good and was getting even-to-more touches than CJ over the last few games. He may be the better back in DEN, so I wouldn't expect there to be less running b/c CJ is out. Just more Booker.

If they run a bunch, does it hurt Brown's value since he's more likely to get washed out? Or is it possible Brown's game last week (and getting washed out) was more a factor of his dad's passing impacting his play?

Booker has looked pretty good and was getting even-to-more touches than CJ over the last few games. He may be the better back in DEN, so I wouldn't expect there to be less running b/c CJ is out. Just more Booker.

If they run a bunch, does it hurt Brown's value since he's more likely to get washed out? Or is it possible Brown's game last week (and getting washed out) was more a factor of his dad's passing impacting his play?

to me, this is the $1M question. All we can do it wait and see. 

When did he go out with the knee?  He still put up a pretty huge day for me...
He went early in the 4th quarter on the 1 yd TD by Thompson at the 12 minute mark.  He got rolled up during the goal line stand as he was stuck in the pile.  I haven't seen any word yet on the severity of the injury.  Hopefully it's not a big concern.

He was able to get to the sideline on his own. The trainers examined him....he never went to the locker room.

He was shown sitting on the bench with his teammates still in his uniform towards the end of the game.

He looked great and I swore I even saw him make a couple of tackles that he didn't get credit for. It's amazing how a guy wrap up a runner on his own and then some other tackler jumps in to get a piece and the original tackler (who is still holding on) doesn't get credit at all.  I could have used him in that 4th quarter. Down by a couple of points and Jeffrey with no catches.

He looked great and I swore I even saw him make a couple of tackles that he didn't get credit for. It's amazing how a guy wrap up a runner on his own and then some other tackler jumps in to get a piece and the original tackler (who is still holding on) doesn't get credit at all.  I could have used him in that 4th quarter. Down by a couple of points and Jeffrey with no catches.
The dirty secret of IDP fantasy football is that this sort of thing happens all the time, in every game.

For a sport that's usually obsessed with precision, the way stats crews credit defensive statistics is a disgrace, and there doesn't seem to be any impetus to change it.

Of course, for a league that has been around for 96 years and didn't score sacks as a stat till 1982...IDP has always gotten the short piece of the NFL pie.

Dirty little secret to IDP....stiudy the local scoring crews.  You'll find out who gives tackles vs assists....who is generous and who is not....

Anyone got an update on JB?

Keep your eyes on the wire this week. Given all the other byes its possible some owners might drop him in frustration to promote another position.

Any news on JB from Charger fan?  Did he practice today?  Not dropping him, but planning around if he's going to be back this week or after the bye.  

Users who are viewing this thread