What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jatavis Brown (1 Viewer)

Just throwing this out there, I watched Michael Gehlkens update on the Chargers and he says he doesn't think Brown will be back this week. Perryman will be and it was Gehlkens thought it would be Perryman and Toomer playing inside LB this week for SD. 

This is not official obviously, but these beat writers are generally on top of things as they are with the teams constantly. Just maybe a heads up to be prepared to not have Brown this weekend. 

With the performance of Toomer and Perryman....

Any concerns that Brown may not be plugged back in as an every down player?

Thoughts..... :coffee:

:shrug:   Perryman with 6/4 and Toomer with 4/9.  Nice tackle numbers but nothing else.  Brown stuffed the stat sheet far better, no?

I own Perryman and Brown in a league and hoping the news on Brown continues to trend upward so he goes back to doing it all.  :)

Chargers ILB Jatavis Brown (knee) did not practice Wednesday.
Brown has been out since injuring his knee Week 8 against the Broncos. He was given a 1-2 week timetable after the injury, but it does not look like he is particularly close to returning. A fifth-round pick in April, Brown started five games before going down.

Source: espn

With Brown out footballguys recommends Perryman over Toomer.

I would think Toomer is the better play with him getting the most snaps every week.

Thoughts??

Last edited by a moderator:
With Brown out footballguys recommends Perryman over Toomer.

I would think Toomer is the better play with him getting the most snaps every week.

Thoughts??
I'm rolling with Toomer in one league so I hope the trend continues. Toomer has been solid so far, hopefully he's got at least one more good game in him. 

Clearly the injury is much more serious than it appeared, but there hasn't been any reporting on it as far as I can tell. If he didn't practice at all last week, he's probably unlikely to play this week too.

RushHour said:
Clearly the injury is much more serious than it appeared, but there hasn't been any reporting on it as far as I can tell. If he didn't practice at all last week, he's probably unlikely to play this week too.
Personally if he's that bad not sure why they don't just IR him. Let him rest up and be ready for next year. 

Perryman 60 snaps, Toomer 62.   I rolled with Perryman over Malcolm Smith in one league b/c Smith had some goose eggs earlier this year when he was active but hurt.  Worked out well.   I thought with the Tampa offense not going with a ton of spread, both Perryman and Toomer would see a lot of action.  It'll be interesting to try and predict workload this week, plus of course we'll have to see if Brown comes back.

I'm terrified now of Brown coming back and neutering the value of both Toomer and Brown. If Brown is active I now don't know if either or anyone gets every down work.

I'm terrified now of Brown coming back and neutering the value of both Toomer and Brown. If Brown is active I now don't know if either or anyone gets every down work.
I have been wondering that too... 

Will he play every down? What about Toomer and Perryman... Do they split snaps beside him? Too many unknowns to deal with and my playoffs are starting.  :no:

Brown was the 3 down LB that took the place of Te'o when he went down.  I don't see why Brown wouldn't get that back once he is healthy.  The coaching staff doesn't seem to like Perryman as a 3 down guy so I would expect him to split time with Toomer and Brown being the full time guy. 

Looks like Perryman is the better play for the remainder of the season. Regardless how much Brown plays... Which looks iffy... Perryman will be locked in beside him or whoever else is there. 

Looks like Perryman is the better play for the remainder of the season. Regardless how much Brown plays... Which looks iffy... Perryman will be locked in beside him or whoever else is there. 
I'll wait on that, the Panthers are the worst and weirdest matchup for opposing LBs.

Watched his game today.  He made a few plays. 
Did he play at least close to an every down role this week? I saw that he racked up like six tackles, at least three consecutively (so he must be healthy and as aggressive as ever) in the first half, but then had no production after halftime. Was he taken off of the field for the second half, or was his disappearance after the break attributable to game flow and lack of sufficient tackle opportunity? Thank you.

I don't have any idea how often he was on the field, sorry. He made a couple of plays though to where he looked great and 100% to me.

My idp league team lost in the first round of the playoffs just thought I'd share for anyone still playing for something. 

Did he play at least close to an every down role this week? I saw that he racked up like six tackles, at least three consecutively (so he must be healthy and as aggressive as ever) in the first half, but then had no production after halftime. Was he taken off of the field for the second half, or was his disappearance after the break attributable to game flow and lack of sufficient tackle opportunity? Thank you.
He and Perryman both played 75%+, so that's not 100%, but close to it.

The biggest issue is, they have the Browns this week.  Between incomplete passes, and punts, and long Charger drives, Brown might not get more than 40 snaps.  

Users who are viewing this thread