What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Give me a late year stud out of the clouds (1 Viewer)

Cowboysfan8

Footballguy
I'm dropping Josh Gordon so I will have room to add someone. My ww is picked dry like I'd imagine everyone else's is. 

Someone give me a ww player that is going to emerge and kill it down the stretch that noone is talking about at all, or maybe even never heard of. 

Jalin Marshall. He's hurt now but could be in for an increased workload down the stretch if Decker's shoulder needs surgery. He's a talent and was seeing some time as the WR4 during the first three weeks.

Coleman on the Browns is going to be very productive - lots of garbage time, playing from behind dink and dunk. Both he and Barnidge should contribute heavily when McCown (and Coleman) return from injuries, and will help a lot of FFB teams IMO. 

Coleman on the Browns is going to be very productive - lots of garbage time, playing from behind dink and dunk. Both he and Barnidge should contribute heavily when McCown (and Coleman) return from injuries, and will help a lot of FFB teams IMO. 
Yeah. Drafted him in Round 13 but dropped him when he broke his hand because I didn't want to carry him for 4-6 weeks. I just picked him back up though with the Gordon news - don't want to get beat out down the line and James White has been useless anyway. Good call.

Jalin Marshall. He's hurt now but could be in for an increased workload down the stretch if Decker's shoulder needs surgery. He's a talent and was seeing some time as the WR4 during the first three weeks.
This is good call.  Dion Lewis?  He may be on a roster already.  I'll go Breshad Perriman or Jaron Brown 

Ill throw this name out here, even though i'm sure no one in this forum has heard of him: Dwayne Washington. Get him ASAP before he goes off!!!! 

Ill throw this name out here, even though i'm sure no one in this forum has heard of him: Dwayne Washington. Get him ASAP before he goes off!!!! 
Considering he has his own topic, I'm thinking some people on the forum have heard of him.

Considering he has his own topic, I'm thinking some people on the forum have heard of him.
People might have tossed his name around once or twice, but definitely not a thread 57 pages long comparing him to Leveon Bell....Get him now before he goes off!!

So, out of the clouds late year stud.  DJ Foster.  I am surprised he hasn't gotten any playing time yet with as well of a preseason he had.  Maybe he gets some time with Brady coming back.  I thought he looked way more explosive than James White.  

D Wash from OAK

Robbie Anderson on NYJ, if Marshall and Decker are hurt for a long time, he led the team in yards in pre-season

Hogan - I think there's too many mouths to feed in NE.

Coleman/Washington/Washington - Are all probably rostered in a 12 team or higher. 

DJ Foster - He had a lot of pop....but he hasn't been active. Gotta question why that's the case.

RB wise, I think a guy has to come out of the BAL mess.  It looks like Buck Allen can't get active and Justin Forsett hasn't blown any skirts up....maybe West or Dixon?

Wendall Smallwood/Kenjon Barner both run had for the Eagles. 

Breshard Perriman is an interesting name. Guy was described as a freak but raw coming out of the  draft.  If he gets it togther......

Josh Ferguson....but you're banking on Gore's wheels falling off. 

Chris Hogan.  Brady throwing, have to take away the 2-headed monster of Bennett & Gronk + Edelman.  Amendola can't stay healthy, and Hogan stretches the field.

Donte Moncrief when he comes back, Luck + porous defense + older RB in Gore + double on Hilton

Other positions -- pick your favorite rookie RB out of Dixon, Dwayne, others, etc. who will learn to block well enough and provide fresh legs in 2nd half

Alfred Morris

Paul Perkins

Devonte Booker

Wendell Smallwood

Tim Hightower

Last edited by a moderator:
Hogan - I think there's too many mouths to feed in NE.

Coleman/Washington/Washington - Are all probably rostered in a 12 team or higher. 

DJ Foster - He had a lot of pop....but he hasn't been active. Gotta question why that's the case.

RB wise, I think a guy has to come out of the BAL mess.  It looks like Buck Allen can't get active and Justin Forsett hasn't blown any skirts up....maybe West or Dixon?

Wendall Smallwood/Kenjon Barner both run had for the Eagles. 

Breshard Perriman is an interesting name. Guy was described as a freak but raw coming out of the  draft.  If he gets it togther......

Josh Ferguson....but you're banking on Gore's wheels falling off. 
I think DJ has not been active because of game plan.  Everyone knew, or should have known it would be a steady diet of Blount the first 4 weeks.  When DJ played in week 4 of preseason, he was VERY impressive...especially in pass protection.  If you have room on your roster, scoop him up and see how everything plays out once Brady is back.  Remember last year?  Dion Lewis was not on any ones radar.  On a side note, if you can sell high on Blount, now is the time to do it!

Coleman - Are all probably rostered in a 12 team or higher. 
Coleman seems to have been dropped in manyy of leagues from what I've been seeing on here the last couple of weeks. When the Gordon news broke a lot of folks commented that they dropped him when he broke his hand. Short rosters, other more pressing needs, etc. 

He was dropped in both of my leagues, FWIW. CBS shows 49% ownership. 

I think DJ has not been active because of game plan.  Everyone knew, or should have known it would be a steady diet of Blount the first 4 weeks.  When DJ played in week 4 of preseason, he was VERY impressive...especially in pass protection.  If you have room on your roster, scoop him up and see how everything plays out once Brady is back.  Remember last year?  Dion Lewis was not on any ones radar.  On a side note, if you can sell high on Blount, now is the time to do it!
Possible - but then he also looked good against guys who are either on the practice squad or out selling life insurance right now. Just sayin...

There are always a few but most of them that pop up from nowhere are due to injuries so giving you a name is tough.  There are a couple of things I like to do when I am looking for a good possibility like this.  Look at the depth charts.  Are there any guys that are immediate backups to the starters not on a roster.  Tim Hightower was this sort of guy last year and could be this year.  Focus on teams that are better offenses if you are trying to narrow your list as those are the teams that might provide more opportunities for that dark horse.

Good call but I'm higher on fellow Jets WR Robby Anderson.  The guy ran a 4.36 and is 6'3".  He had academic issues at Temple but go back and look at his tape (and his stats), he is an incredible talent and currently running as the Jets WR3 with Decker and Marshall both out.  Anderson may be one of those "can't put the genie back in the bottle" type of players.

I get that to a point......but if he's that good, why wouldn't he have been "game plan proof"?  I know Billichek operates on another plane of existence.....but I can't think there's anything for not even dressing a supposedly quality player because of a gameplan*.

* Full Disclosure.....I'm running to pick him right now. I had him in the preseason based on the hype, dropped him when he was inactive and would HATE to miss out on him if you're right. 

One of two Patriots WR - Chris Hogan or Malcolm Mitchell - will become 1A to Edelman when Brady returns. Hogan's likely owned, so....   And the guy he pushed out of Foxboro - Keyshawn Martin - could be a biggish answer for the Niners.

Paul Perkins wont need much of a chance to pass the NYG RB talent, if he gets his head on str8. He's pretty obvious tho so the RB i'm pullin out my butt is Knowshon. He gets a chance anywhere, he goes right to the head of the class, you'll see.

MyCole Pruitt @ TE. Near healthy, a move TE for Bradford's checkdowns. If you're looking @ '17 at all, AJDerby will be a fantasy TE1 as soon as he gets a shot.

I get that to a point......but if he's that good, why wouldn't he have been "game plan proof"?  I know Billichek operates on another plane of existence.....but I can't think there's anything for not even dressing a supposedly quality player because of a gameplan*.

* Full Disclosure.....I'm running to pick him right now. I had him in the preseason based on the hype, dropped him when he was inactive and would HATE to miss out on him if you're right. 
I have held in my big $$$ Dynasty and Keeper league.  Its a crap shoot.  That week 4 game, it just seemed that DJ and Brady were incredibly in sync and it was the first time they were both on the field together. 

I have voiced my opinion in multiple threads why I don't see it being Dion Lewis or Chris Hogan. I thought DJ Foster had a shot. I still think Marcellus Bennett has the best shot of doing something in NE. 

Leonte Caroo hasn't been mentioned.  He has a chance to come on late like Parker did last year.  But it would be out of nowhere.

I don't think DJ Foster looked that impressive at all. He looked ok. Not sure why people always seem to gravitate towards NE RBs which can be a major headache depending on.

Funny answer would be Bobby Rainey although I kind of like Paul Perkins better.

Tajae Sharpe has had a couple quiet weeks but he is still getting a lot of targets and could start capitalizing on that in games ahead.

If you are looking for players who could emerge later on in the season but are doing nothing right now I think Josh Doctson and Laquon Treadwell could make some noise later on in the season.

So, out of the clouds late year stud.  DJ Foster.  I am surprised he hasn't gotten any playing time yet with as well of a preseason he had.  Maybe he gets some time with Brady coming back.  I thought he looked way more explosive than James White.  
The problem is that like most Patriot RBs you will never know which weeks to play him

Couple mentioned of Dion Lewis... has there been any update on his injury progression?
He's a Patriot. Is this a serious question? 

Apparently you've never met Deion Branch, who was abducted by aliens. We finally knew he had knee surgery in the off-season. 

Injury reporting shenanigans is one reason I try to never draft any Patriots players if I can help it. You won't get a report on Branch until you see him standing on the sidelines with a helmet on. 

And even then he'll be listed as "questionable, shoulder, knee, spleen"

Seth Roberts oak wr needs injury to be relevant has looked good as the #3

Conley Chiefs  qb limited, currently 3rd or 4th option skill set doesn't match current qbs strengths but is a sparq champ Foles makes him better  (pukes)

Hillman will know soon if he has any value depending on how McKinnon and asiatta preform

I may need spell check and reality check but those are 3 I'm holding who should be available Maybe they should be available in my leagues too

Not off the radar but DGB could emerge in Philly and is largely unowned in leagues I'm not in

I was hoping Kenyan Drake would be that guy when Foster got hurt but that backfield is a hot mess.  I'm thinking of dropping him for Coleman.

Hillman will know soon if he has any value depending on how McKinnon and asiatta preform
I didn't really think this was in question. Didn't McKinnon have 17 or 18 carries against a very stout D? Seems like he's going to be the man with Asiatta coming in for short yardage/TD vulture. 

I imagine in the next couple of weeks they'll work in Hillman in some capacity - he's a good guy to have for the occasional gadget play since he's speedy, but I don't see him leapfrogging either of the two above him barring injury to both. 

Mike Gillislee.

People know him, and its not "out of the clouds", but he has the perfect storm of "opportunity" and possible "necessity" if LeSean McCoy goes down.

Watkins being out for possibly an extended time only helps this.

Another one to snag is ROBERT WOODS.   He is available everywhere, but he can be useful in a WR3 sort of way.  Think an 8 for 85 sort of line, with the occasional TD.  I am not really sold on him, as he is a better "NFL player" than he is fantasy asset, and he always has been. This would be a desperation play or a WR3 only.... and its mostly just while Watkins is out.

The absolute HOME RUN PLAY  is one Devontae Booker.  Massive workload on Anderson, and the guy has never been healthy really.  This one could win you leagues.

TZM

I picked up Kendall Wright the other night.

In a dynasty league would you hang on to Gordon for the next two months to see how things play out before you dump him?

Seth Roberts oak wr needs injury to be relevant has looked good as the #3

Conley Chiefs  qb limited, currently 3rd or 4th option skill set doesn't match current qbs strengths but is a sparq champ Foles makes him better  (pukes)

Hillman is not going to be a better RB than McKinnon who could be very good if the Vikings start blocking at some point.

I think Conley is a decent player to keep tabs on although you a right the situation is not that good for him to emerge.

Users who are viewing this thread