What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Lamar Miller? (1 Viewer)

ryno1980

Footballguy
For Devonta Freeman and Doug Baldwin. 

10-team PPR

My RBs are: Miller, Spencer Ware, McKinnon, Dwayne Washington, Gio.

WRs: Kelvin Benjamin, Floyd, Crowder, Mike Thomas, Beasley

For Devonta Freeman and Doug Baldwin. 

10-team PPR

My RBs are: Miller, Spencer Ware, McKinnon, Dwayne Washington, Gio.

WRs: Kelvin Benjamin, Floyd, Crowder, Mike Thomas, Beasley
I'm sorry are you offering Freeman for Baldwin?

I'm not a believer in Freeman now that the cupcake schedule is done so I say no. It's a good deal if you think Freeman will produce though. 

Have you had injuries take out some players? That team seems pretty weak to me for a 10 team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own Miller in two leagues and I would take that deal hands down. I see Miller as a sell high right now. 

Texans play some tough defenses pretty soon and worried a little about Miller holding up. He has looked a little gimpy here and there and they are giving him a work load he has never had before. 

Atlanta is going to lean heavy on both Freeman and Coleman and Freeman in my opinion is the better back. Baldwin is a legit # 1 when healthy.

Let me make myself clear though. I'm not selling Miller cheap.  He is getting volume and there is a argument that he will breakout.  It would take the right deal to get him from me, but this would be that type of deal.
I've thought about all of that, just hesitant to call Baldwin a true No. 1. I agree about Freeman. And feel like Miller could have a big game and I could truly sell high.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probably stand pat one more week to see if you can get more. Miller has a very high floor but we don't know where his ceiling is. I worry a little bit about Freeman due to the schedule mentioned above. You should be able to ship Miller and get 2 legit starters tho, so I would keep shopping him since I don't love Freeman or Baldwin

I would probably make the deal.  You would be getting two legit starters.  I think Seattle rebounds and Doug Baldwin is already performing as a WR1.  The thing you have to worry about is whether Atlanta fades Freeman.  Miller is getting the volume that he didn't have last year but he's not doing much with it.  I think he has the 2nd most rushes but is gaining only 3.6 ypc, not like last year.  With Watt out, you have to wonder if they'll be playing from behind more and in that case, Miller wont be getting the volume. 

I would probably make the deal.  You would be getting two legit starters.  I think Seattle rebounds and Doug Baldwin is already performing as a WR1.  The thing you have to worry about is whether Atlanta fades Freeman.  Miller is getting the volume that he didn't have last year but he's not doing much with it.  I think he has the 2nd most rushes but is gaining only 3.6 ypc, not like last year.  With Watt out, you have to wonder if they'll be playing from behind more and in that case, Miller wont be getting the volume. 
Good points. O'Brien is taking over play-calling from the OC in Houston so I'm interested to see how that affects Miller. More receptions hopefully. 

I don't think ATL fades Freeman, I think it's just a 50/50 committee with Freeman probably remaining the better PPR back.

What are your line up rules?  If you start 3 wr deal needs to be considered.  Miller arguably has upside given usuage and lack of tds to date, but you are getting in my opinion a high rb2 and wr1/2 so it helps.  10 team league, is waiver wire relatively robust?  If a guy like Pryor is out there I may try to grab him and waive Thomas or Beasley and see if he can retain 75% or more of last week.  If not do the deal. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/749032-week-5-dilemna-help/

I would take the trade.  You definitely need help at WR and Baldwin should be a low WR1 following the bye, assuming Wilson gets healthy and the O-line gels more.  Miller has injury risk given his heavy workload.  I do think Freeman is a much better RB than Coleman - my guess is that they are trying to reduce his carry load after the huge volume he had last year, but if they need it late in the year, they will ride Freeman.  I looked at their schedules and overall I'd say Miller's is slightly better than Freeman, but the difference is close enough it would not affect my evaluation of any 2 RB's with those 2 schedules.

Here's mine

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/749038-need-lineup-help-ppr-league/

Users who are viewing this thread