What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

* Official Marvel's Luke Cage * Season 2 out. Sweet Christmas! (1 Viewer)

GregR

Footballguy
All episodes of Season 1 of Luke Cage went live on Netflix today. Anyone doing a marathon this weekend? Debating watching through Jessica Jones again first before digging in.

Trailer

Don't forget to use spoilers for anything big.

Last edited by a moderator:
This happens before jessica Jones. One episode in and so far boring as hell. Hope it gets better. I loved all  the other marvel series on Netflix.

I'm excited for this but do I have to see Jessica Jones for continuity reasons? I found that one to be a slog. 

I'm excited for this but do I have to see Jessica Jones for continuity reasons? I found that one to be a slog. 
I'm three episodes in and there have been a few subtle references to Daredevil/Jessica Jones, but you certainly don't need to watch the other shows for background. 

Just saw episode 4. I think I'm right about this:

Was the thumb drive Reva had after Luke got his powers the one Kilgrave was after from Jessica Jones? Maybe the process that made Luke the way he is has a tie to what was done to Kilgrave?

I loved JJ but mostly due to the villain. No continuity issues at all so far. That being said been very bored by this so far. The worst of all of them imo but I seem to be in the minority and only two episodes in.

Great soundtrack done by Ali Shaheed Muhammed.  Show is ok.  
The music is really, really good. I enjoy the show, but I wouldn't put it on a list of things to re-watch. Cinematography is good and direction/pacing makes it feel like reading a comic book. It's a little hokey, thematically, with a lot of "do the right thing" "stand up for what's right" sentiment, but I'm pretty sure that's on purpose and they pull it off.

The music is really, really good. I enjoy the show, but I wouldn't put it on a list of things to re-watch. Cinematography is good and direction/pacing makes it feel like reading a comic book. It's a little hokey, thematically, with a lot of "do the right thing" "stand up for what's right" sentiment, but I'm pretty sure that's on purpose and they pull it off.
We LOL'd when he was talking at the chess board and got up to go and said something like, "Imma go put them fools in check".  So cheesy.  

Def worst of the 3 Marvel seasons on Netflix, but better than most TV for me. 

BTW: who was the nurse lady from Clerks talking about when she said something about a guy in a mask with autopsy scars?  She referred to DD after so it wasn't him

Loving the 70s vibe, total homage to the origin of PowerMan and very reminiscent of Shaft to me.

We LOL'd when he was talking at the chess board and got up to go and said something like, "Imma go put them fools in check".  So cheesy.  

Def worst of the 3 Marvel seasons on Netflix, but better than most TV for me. 

BTW: who was the nurse lady from Clerks talking about when she said something about a guy in a mask with autopsy scars?  She referred to DD after so it wasn't him
Autopsy scars were on the ninjas in DD season 2.

Only one episode in and I am in love with it. Love the 70's tone. Love the comic call backs. Feels like they are really trying to do what the original comic was trying to do.

Marking this.  I've loved Daredevil, skipped jj, but am a maybe on this depending on reviews.   I will watch the defenders series regardless

Just finished.  Good show. Why did you skip Jessica Jones?
Just didn't seem interesting to me on any level...  even with decent reviews.

My time for TV is at such a premium these days with little kids, that I'm not going to commit to 10 hours worth of show unless it's rated phenomenal like daredevil

:goodposting: JJ was very good, I think a bit better story and definitely the better villain. Likely will be watching more tonight.
I noticed the other day that the villain made Rolling Stone's All-Time Top 40 TV Villains. Very well done.

I noticed the other day that the villain made Rolling Stone's All-Time Top 40 TV Villains. Very well done.
It's going to be interesting to see how good JJ S2 will be without Killgrave. David Tennant was phenomenal. It's also interesting that so far Luke Cage hasn't really referenced her. I did hear a mention from Turk about going back to Hell's Kitchen where it's not nearly as insane, but that it's through 4 episodes.

JJ was kind of slow for about the first half of season 1 so I can see why some people didn't watch the whole season. They need to though, because the second half of season 1 is pretty awesome.

It's going to be interesting to see how good JJ S2 will be without Killgrave. David Tennant was phenomenal. It's also interesting that so far Luke Cage hasn't really referenced her. I did hear a mention from Turk about going back to Hell's Kitchen where it's not nearly as insane, but that it's through 4 episodes.
In the first episode when they talk about Cage's ex that shot him in the head with a shotgun, that was JJ in that series.

FYI, JJ S1 E12.

JJ was kind of slow for about the first half of season 1 so I can see why some people didn't watch the whole season. They need to though, because the second half of season 1 is pretty awesome.
I think all the Marvel series would benefit from shortening them to, say, 8 episodes rather than 13. All of them have dragged for significant stretches IMO. 

Me neither, I mustve completely missed that line. Who says it to him? Pops?
Yes. To which Luke replies that he still gets headaches from that.

ETA: I went back and checked, the mention comes at about 7:25 in the first episode, so it's not surprising you missed it. Pop calls her Luke's rebound chick.

DD seemed to have more references then JJ.
I haven't watched the last episode yet, but

I'm surprised that Matt, Foggy, Marci, or Jeri haven't shown up considering how much of this show has taken place in the police station.

Users who are viewing this thread