What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do I trade away Jordan Howard for Alshon Jeffery? (1 Viewer)

acueto

Footballguy
First off thank you in advance. Need advice on this because Alshon is looking really broken. I'm in a 12 team team non ppr standard league TDs worth 6 and 1 points for every 10 yards. WE start 1 qb, 2wr ,2rb, 1flex wr/rb, 1pk and 1d. Bench is 7 spots.  My team currently consists of Qbs; R. wilson and T. Brady. RB's; DeAngelo Williams, Spencer Ware, Lev Bell, Jamal Charles, Todd Gurley, Jordan Howard. WR's; A.J Green, S. Diggs, Demaryius Thomas, Tyrell Williams. TE; D. Pitta ,Tyler Eifert. K;walsh, Def Eagles. So do I trade away Jordan Howard for Alshon Jeffery or is Jeffery so broken I should just stick with what I got? Thanks.

I know it seems like a slam dunk but the FBG 200 value going forward has Jordan Howard ranked hire and Alshon has had a few health issues with his knee and hamstring. If I'm misunderstanding how the list work please let me know because I really do want to learn how to use the tools properly. Thank you.

12 teams? holy cow, you're team is kinda stacked for 12 teams.

Anyway, it's basically a bench move. You won't be starting either of them any time soon. I'ld probably just stick with Howard since RB's tend to get hurt more.

Last edited by a moderator:
how the hell did you end up with that squad in a 12 team league? You are not starting either of those guys any time soon but I think Jeffrey has a better chance to crack your starting lineup as you have 2 bonafide must start RBs (Bell and Gurley) and then once Charles is healthy most likely 3 top 10 guys at RB. At WR you are a little thinner as only Green is a must start but Diggs and Thomas are both good as well. If I were you I would take the trade as Jeffrey is their clear no 1 WR and could probably help you down the stretch while Howard could end up losing his job or being in a time share in a month.

I'd love to see the other teams in your league tho-if it is a redraft there must be some really bad owners to let you get all those guys on one team, and if it's dynasty/keeper-it is the exact reason why I don't want to play in a league like that

how the hell did you end up with that squad in a 12 team league? You are not starting either of those guys any time soon but I think Jeffrey has a better chance to crack your starting lineup as you have 2 bonafide must start RBs (Bell and Gurley) and then once Charles is healthy most likely 3 top 10 guys at RB. At WR you are a little thinner as only Green is a must start but Diggs and Thomas are both good as well. If I were you I would take the trade as Jeffrey is their clear no 1 WR and could probably help you down the stretch while Howard could end up losing his job or being in a time share in a month.

I'd love to see the other teams in your league tho-if it is a redraft there must be some really bad owners to let you get all those guys on one team, and if it's dynasty/keeper-it is the exact reason why I don't want to play in a league like that
Thank you for advice. I greatly appreciate it. I drafted A.J. In the 1st ,lev bell in 2nd ,Charles in third, Thomas in 4th. Traded Crowell, Terrell Pryor and Corey Coleman to the last place (panicked) Gurly owner after week 2 for Gurley and Ifert. Traded Palmer after week 2 for injured Wilson. I am now targeting the new last place owner of Alshon for Howard since he lost Decker and Ryan Mathews and felt the sting of Gronkowski on his team for zero for three weeks. I also made sure to grab my handcuffs for Bell and Charles a round early. I think since trade won't clear waiver by Sunday I will roll the dice and see if Howard performs well to give him a bump in value. If he craps out I'll try and get Dixon.

Well if that's how it all went down good work. I especially like how you flipped the entire Browns team for Gurley. The only thing I'd caution is trading to people who are in direct competition with you because I would be willing to bet you have the best team by a substantial margin. Just make sure you keep it that way and then start planning for the playoffs early. Try to pull some 2 for one trades where you bring in A must start player and you will be stacked

Users who are viewing this thread