What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleeperbot > the best fantasy news app? (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
As I detailed in a post a year or two ago, FBG'a email alerts were regularly getting scooped by sleeperbot's eblasts. Now the sleeperbot app has advanced to the point it's notifications are my primary source of breaking fantasy news (which trigger secondary searches on Twitter).

This year's addition of 4for4 ranking integration and team import cookies is a direct shot across the bow of FBG. 

Anyone else find themselves leaning on this iOS app for breaking news updates? 

Will give it an update. I remember when just having internet was a news advantage, then these forums (and FFToday), then finding KFFL, then having mobile internet... not many tools left to unearth nowadays.

Inapp purchase is additional "cookies" that allow in app roster sync. You get two free. 

The notifications are extremely timely. They're not reinventing the wheel per-se. Mostly aggregating info from twitter and other sources with a little independent analysis sprinkled in... but they're quick to update.

Going to try this one out, thanks for the heads up.

Breaking Sports is another one I have found is timely with updates... they've had some in-game injuries and updates well before anyone.  Arian Foster Week 1 comes to mind.  You can synch rosters for free, too.

I just downloaded it in my iPhone, I love it already. Broke news on DeAndre Washington and I was able to scoop him up

Looks really good so far.  Have five leagues to synch, but only two cookies.  Going to try two and see if it is worth getting the rest.

Don't think invite code was necessary? I just downloaded it but That was a year or two ago. 

hands down without question. Their dev team is constantly working on updating everything inside the app. Best FF app, and its currently free (without 4for4 add-on/ league sync)

Looks interesting, but it looks like it only imports leagues from yahoo, esp & nfl. Would like to see MFL in there too.

wow that's my app!

Thanks for the shoutout, we just added owner's chat for every player in league sync, and also are adding ability to see matchup scores & good waiver pick ups.  

Also looking into adding video replay highlight reels of your entire fantasy team at the end of each week so you can see exactly how your players scored their fantasy points.

Last year it got glitchy enough that I gave up.  This year it's been great.  The BEST feature is game day "plays" where it streams every play of every game going and shows points earned while at the same time alerting big plays.  It's the closest thing to what I can't believe every league site doesn't already facilitate: alerts whenever your players score or even have a "big play".  Seems like it should be a thing. 

How downloaded it this weekend.  I like the updates.

I am surprised it can't sync with CBS though.  Takes a good bit of the functionality out of it.

Looks like it can get pretty pricey...

Reading the "Cookie FAQ" and each "Cookie" is $2.  To add a league, it uses a cookie.  To re-sync that league, you need to use another cookie...  So if you made roster changes and you want it to re-sync, it'll cost you another $2 Cookie.  Every time.

Even though it's not Fantasy Football driven, I'll stick with theScore and favourite the players I want to track.

@eNdblu Cookies are priced at 10 cents, not $2.  Most people spend an avg of 1 cookie per league per week, which comes out to ~$1.50 per season if they make the championship.

@eNdblu Cookies are priced at 10 cents, not $2.  Most people spend an avg of 1 cookie per league per week, which comes out to ~$1.50 per season if they make the championship.
My bad! I must've read it incorrectly doing a quick scan thru the app.  

2ksports said:
wow that's my app!

Thanks for the shoutout, we just added owner's chat for every player in league sync, and also are adding ability to see matchup scores & good waiver pick ups.  

Also looking into adding video replay highlight reels of your entire fantasy team at the end of each week so you can see exactly how your players scored their fantasy points.
Great app, any plans to add FFPC?

Great app. When you adding MFL?   Use this code please when you sign up and I'll send you noods of my wife ?  T7YHXS

Enjoying it so far, but getting flooded with updates. Can I filter it to just update my players and otherwise only send an update for major news?
Yeah there are settings option to the left.  Turning off "Sleepers/Hype/Minor" should do the trick.

I'm confused.  I don't pay crap for the app or how I use it.  
The way I understand it, signing up for the app is free.  Breaking news updates are free.  Once you have the app, you buy cookies (10 cents apiece) to do other things.  For instance, to sync your team to the app cost $1 (10 cookies).  You can use a code when signing up for a free 20 cookies.  Good luck.

Here's a code if you need one:  5XE2RD

Ah ok.  I find fantasypros app awesome for that and it costs zero dollars to sync your first team. 

The way I understand it, signing up for the app is free.  Breaking news updates are free.  Once you have the app, you buy cookies (10 cents apiece) to do other things.  For instance, to sync your team to the app cost $1 (10 cookies).  You can use a code when signing up for a free 20 cookies.  Good luck.

Just used your code, thanks and you're welcome. :)

I just searched twitter for comments on this prog..  It looks like ya guys may wanna also consider using numberfire and rotogrinders.

No idea of costs, but sometimes ya get what ya pay for!

Personally I think the emails from FBG are quite enough!  Actually maybe too much already, but I usually still read em  LOL

Now I do enjoy Twitter.  Its hard-hitting, and unadulterated,,  Credit is given more for breaking the story, then ability to twist a tale.

Thanx for the link!

Personally I think the emails from FBG are quite enough!
The timeliness of the FBG email updates are a joke in the world of Twitter and apps like this that give us the competitive edge needed to snipe a player the instant news comes out. 

The timeliness of the FBG email updates are a joke in the world of Twitter and apps like this that give us the competitive edge needed to snipe a player the instant news comes out. 

I could potentially give you enough info to be dangerous too..  I enjoy the spins on situations   What does it mean  What might it mean.  It will clue me in too what others will be thinking..

For example!  I own Terrance West..  Ive seen mention of a somewhat imminent release of Forsett..  IF/When it happens   I will enjoy reading their take.  ie.  Watch out Dixon should be healthy.  OR  West has earned a rbbc, if not the actual coveted 3 down bellcow role etc.   Does my stock rise?  Will the cost to acquire Dixon be at its last, lowest point of the Season?

Most guys (I dont follow em all) on Twitter either report what sells  OR  Theyre more lost than you (assuming you read FBG often)  However some of them break news, and have loyal fans..  First thought is usually right!  When Sig hears a breaking story?  IF hes online, he will sometimes comment.  Basically I try to follow guys that these guys have suggested   Ive looked through their lists too!  If ya want instant news on something important, Twitter will not be beaten.  You want a knowledgeable football guys take?  Read the email, and discuss in our Forum.

Thank -you for not quoting so much.  Id prefer ya just quoted that I posted, and said your spiel.  Anybody else reading? youll notice I took the liberty (Im guessing) of adding some more fun programs for your iphone.  On that note!  If ya guys havnt tried FBG's iPhone app, I think your missing out.  Id suggest ya wait until next Season now though.  Its basically a real Fantasy mag (online) to get ya pumped for your draft 

p.s.  I think its kinda interesting that FBG allows us to post competitors..  I know when I was much newer to the game, I enjoyed the aspect of finding more info.. I enjoy FBG's take the best.  fwiw  I do hope competition increases via such apps/ communication programs!  But some of it is still just dumb luck in my book.. 

Like the app so far, only complaint I have at the moment is that it notified me 4 times with the same notification last night every time Jerrick Mickinon (on my team) made a big play.

Anyone else run into this?

Nice App.....I think the developers are doing a very nice job with it.....well done

OP thanks for the heads up I had never seen this app mentioned before

I wish it could import more leagues.  I'm using if for player news, but it would be nice to import from MFL

+1 for MFL sync. Here's my feedback (I'm a UX professional for what it's worth)

• Content is outstanding, and concept is great. Where I find it lacking is organization and navigate. For example: Fantasy Alerts, Fantasy Football, Instant Advice... the content seems to overlap and I don't know what section to read for specific news.
  • I would expect a section for "my news", but there's no control over that (perhaps if I pay?). 
  • Instant Advice is a place where everyone really cares about their own team. It's difficult to sort and find advice on players I might be able to provide feedback on, or players I'm interested in reading about. It would be awesome to tag players in advice cards, then filter those players.
Overall, I'll keep using it, but wish it had more control over the news and updates I want to see. 

But is it true that even if you pay that you can only sync with a couple hosting sites.  I didn't see the two I use (CBS & FFPC).  Is there a way to pay and use those?

I signed up & like what I've seen too...the one obvious complaint is not being able to sync MFL teams & CBS. 

@Workhorse You can email support (at) sleeperbot (dot) com to get help with that.

@Squintz82 You are right, the content and navigation needs a lot of cleaning up.  A lot of attention will be focused on searching & navigation in the coming week.

@Skoo multiple TD / big play notifications for your player has been fixed.

As for CBS and MFL sync, there were originally no plans for those, but a lot of requests recently on the app, so it's now under consideration for this week's updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread