What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 Waiver Wire GEMS (1 Viewer)

West if not scooped up for free like I did yesterday

Brate

Inman?

I dunno. Slow week

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, apparently John "F'n" Kuhn is the New Orleans TD bellcow... By that, I guess he can be a RB2 moving forward, right?

Disclaimer - frustrated Ingram owner

Washington burned me. Picked him up in 3 leagues and started him in the 2 that are standard. I passed on Howard because I wanted the guy who could he the man the red of the season. Is he now droppable or are people waiting on news of his injury?

also the Eagles d is out there. Thinking of picking them up and dropping the patriots.  I have gostkowski and patriots d and don't want to deal with the matching bye weeks 

I picked up Washington as well, but I can't understand why anyone would have started him without first seeing some production on the field.

If you started him, you burned yourself.

I picked up Washington as well, but I can't understand why anyone would have started him without first seeing some production on the field.

My RBs in one league were Gurley, Lacy, Latavius, Washington and Dixon. In other words Latavius or Washington for my RB2 was it and I went with the guy who looked like he had an easier path to points, which speaks more about my lack of faith in Latavius than any excitement over Washington.

My other league I stupidly played him over Matt Jones using the rationale "Well I'm playing him in my other standard league". I own that mistake. 

I wouldn't say a gem, but Charles Clay isn't a bad option for TD-needy teams. He's getting more involved with Watkins out.

Woods BUF, last man standing at WR there, had 7/89

Eddie Royal CHI is fools gold, probably but maybe worth throwing out there if Hoyer starts again

Inman SD finally had his "poor man's KAllen game" and Tyrell had some mistakes could make Inman less risky week to week

Terrance Williams had a good game, but Butler almost had a 2nd TD and is flexable if Dez misses again

Celek's brother had a good game in SF and is probably startable as long as McDonald is out

Quick, mentioned above, looked great in his two big plays, but hard to trust

Some of don't have an embarrassment of riches at RB like you, apparently, and were forced to play him. :shrug:

I'm not understanding those that feel they got burned by Washington.  OK, maybe a mild burn.  I have him on a few deep dynasty teams where I added him late in the preseason but what were your expectations?  I think anyone who has seen how the Lions have been using their RB knew that Riddick would see a big chunk of the work.  Then Washington got hurt in game but my expectations would have been something like around 10-40 and hope for a td but that was hope.

I'm not understanding those that feel they got burned by Washington.  OK, maybe a mild burn.  I have him on a few deep dynasty teams where I added him late in the preseason but what were your expectations?  I think anyone who has seen how the Lions have been using their RB knew that Riddick would see a big chunk of the work.  Then Washington got hurt in game but my expectations would have been something like around 10-40 and hope for a td but that was hope.
I wasn't burned by his performance.. it was the injury.

We never got to see whether our expectations would be met or not in terms of production.

I wasn't burned by his performance.. it was the injury.

We never got to see whether our expectations would be met or not in terms of production.
This.

Plus I know an additional burn for some is passing on Howard for Washington and then seeing the former go off.

This.

Plus I know an additional burn for some is passing on Howard for Washington and then seeing the former go off.
Double this for me.  I dropped Howard to pickup Washington thinking that I had another week to get Howard back expecting that he would remain in a timeshare last week.  A couple hours later, Langford went down.  Oof.

what to do with Inman.... looked like the light went on a bit yesterday, but it was against the saints who make a lot of guys look good

But defense aside, in terms of placement and where to be, thats the best I've seen Inman look.

I'm not understanding those that feel they got burned by Washington.  OK, maybe a mild burn.  I have him on a few deep dynasty teams where I added him late in the preseason but what were your expectations? I think anyone who has seen how the Lions have been using their RB knew that Riddick would see a big chunk of the work. 
Have you been to the 28 page Washington thread? Expectations were higher than a forgotten dog locked in a van parked a Grateful Dead concert parking lot.

Have you been to the 28 page Washington thread? Expectations were higher than a forgotten dog locked in a van parked a Grateful Dead concert parking lot.
We get it guy. We understand you do not like Washington and own riddick on all of your teams. You claim he is a bust but he was injured in the second quarter. Who knows what he would have done if he was not injured. Yes, the whole offense sucked it up yesterday but Washington would of had more touches if not injured.

I drafted Bilal Powell late in the draft and then dropped him.  I think he's worth picking back up again.

Users who are viewing this thread