What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

amnesiac

beer is good
couldn't find a thread on him. 

picking him him up in both my dynasties this week. 

not the best situation right now, but he passes the eyeball test to me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He looked like a first round athlete at Oklahoma State. Screwed up big off the field.

If he stays out of trouble, no reason why he can't have a long and productive NFL career.

He's a bit of a tweener though. Not really a RB. Not an ideal outside WR. Looks like they will use him as a versatile slot guy.

he sort of looks like how i thought McCluster would do in the NFL. 

not sure if if that's a good comp.

great athleticism on that TD though.

Increasing target numbers every week, they took him surprisingly high given his off-field issues, and this team has a recent history of valuing this type of player (McCluster/DAT/Hill)...with Hill being the least productive college player but best athletic talent among them

Intriguing guy, I've had him in pretty much every league since preseason (deep rosters) and his usage has been encouraging.

He has been one of the lone bright spots in this awful start to KC's season. Obviously he has the world-class long speed (4.24 40), but the lateral quickness and short-area burst is there too. Most seem to categorize him with McCluster and De'Anthony Thomas, the past two speedy gadget guys for KC, but Hill seems more athletic and better suited to be an actual WR than either of them.

Short-term FF outlook isn't great unless your league awards points for return yards (and more and more teams may follow Pittsburgh's lead and just punt away from him). Chiefs mainly drafted him for his return skills, one scout calling him the best return prospect he's seen in 7 years. Long-term, things could get juicy once they move on from Smith - I have multiple layers of homer goggles on, but I think he could be very, very good.

He has been one of the lone bright spots in this awful start to KC's season. Obviously he has the world-class long speed (4.24 40), but the lateral quickness and short-area burst is there too. Most seem to categorize him with McCluster and De'Anthony Thomas, the past two speedy gadget guys for KC, but Hill seems more athletic and better suited to be an actual WR than either of them.

Short-term FF outlook isn't great unless your league awards points for return yards (and more and more teams may follow Pittsburgh's lead and just punt away from him). Chiefs mainly drafted him for his return skills, one scout calling him the best return prospect he's seen in 7 years. Long-term, things could get juicy once they move on from Smith - I have multiple layers of homer goggles on, but I think he could be very, very good.
IMO, he is a better pure athlete than Tavon Austin or Brandin Cooks, two first round guys he reminded me of in college. He has power that Austin never had and is just a more juiced version of Cooks with better sideways quickness. I think he could've been drafted in the top 25 if he'd had a more productive college career. The athletic parts have always been there. However, he was pretty raw at Oklahoma State and a year in the wilderness at a small school probably didn't do him much good. He will get better and his ability to do different things will grow.

I don't see him ever being Antonio Brown or anything like that, but we've seen that non-traditional playmakers can find a great niche in today's NFL (i.e. Reed, Woodhead, Edelman). If they commit to getting the ball in his hands 8-12 times per game, a lot can happen.

IMO, he is a better pure athlete than Tavon Austin or Brandin Cooks, two first round guys he reminded me of in college. He has power that Austin never had and is just a more juiced version of Cooks with better sideways quickness. I think he could've been drafted in the top 25 if he'd had a more productive college career. The athletic parts have always been there. However, he was pretty raw at Oklahoma State and a year in the wilderness at a small school probably didn't do him much good. He will get better and his ability to do different things will grow.

I don't see him ever being Antonio Brown or anything like that, but we've seen that non-traditional playmakers can find a great niche in today's NFL (i.e. Reed, Woodhead, Edelman). If they commit to getting the ball in his hands 8-12 times per game, a lot can happen.
Well, that and had he not choked and punched his pregnant girlfriend. 

He is in a bad fit with Smith out there.  His speed is wasted.   But still a hell of a gadget and  return man in KC...

BigSteelThrill said:
I had 14 rookie picks (instead of the normal 7)...

drumroll please...

1st (4) Ramsey

1st (24) Spence

2nd (4) Lawson

2nd (22) Booker

3rd (4) Hargrave

4th (4) Martin

4th (12) Ehinger

4th (17) Byard

4th (18) Judon

4th (22) Janovich

5th (4) Ty Hill

6th (4) Kaser

6th (5) Valentine

7th (4) Bowman

Snatched him up in deep league and feeling pretty excited right about now.

There's learning curve, but he can be a game-changer so if I were in any dynasty league I would get this guy.

I got him in round 7 of my dyno league (players get points for return yardage and scores).  Encouraging to see the Chiefs finding ways to get him involved.

Added him in all three dynasty league on stash squad.  I think Smith's days in KC are numbered one way or another and if they bring in even a Hoyer type guy this guy could really make a leap.

Continues to be electric in the return game, despite swampy conditions in Oakland today. 1 KR for 30 yards, 1 PR for 50. Not much involvement in the offense (2-20 receiving), but the game script was not in his favor. Really want this guy to take over the slot WR job soon. 

Today was a small step back, as I expected (with his increasing involvement the last few weeks) them to get him even more involved after the bye, with all that time to prepare. But its true that the game flow wasn't really in his favor.

What I didn't like was seeing Wilson make a couple plays that he's been missing lately--I think Hill's best shot at a lot of snaps comes at Wilson's expense and he had been playing poorly. Didn't see a ton of the game though, so maybe he still sucks and its just a matter of time?

Actually started him in a league out of desperation. $$$

Conley dropping passes while Hill just keeps making plays.

Nice game today - silver lining to Smith missing any time is that we see more bombs to Hill. Foles isn't afraid to chuck it. 

Stashed him in two return yardage leagues when they signed Foles.  I didn't figure he'd be more than a spot stat with Smith but did expect that if Foles got pressed into service maybe he pulled a 2013 and got hot.  It felt a little pipe-dream-y but Foles was originally a Reid guy and maybe they are ready to move on from Smith's limited upside.  Hill is too limited to hold if he's got 4 years of Smith ahead of him but if gets someone that can get downfield he could be a steal.

With Jeremy McGroin out this weekend, how do you feel about Reek Hill now? I've got a terrible itch to start him at WR3 (return league) over the likes of Baldwin and Ty Williams this weekend against a suspect Car secondary. Kid is electric.

With Jeremy McGroin out this weekend, how do you feel about Reek Hill now? I've got a terrible itch to start him at WR3 (return league) over the likes of Baldwin and Ty Williams this weekend against a suspect Car secondary. Kid is electric.
I dunno. Definitely feels like Hill should be the beneficiary of any Maclin absence, but Albert Wilson was the one who cashed in last week. Very very risky play.

His return yards mitigate his downside tremendously. This guy has been what Tyler Lockett was supposed to be this year. Check out his game log...

K

OPP

REC

YDS

TD

PTS

SD

@Hou

NYJ

@Pit

BYE

-

-

-

-

@Oak

NO

@Ind

Jax

@Car

-

-

-

-

TB

-

-

-

-

@Den

-

-

-

-

@Atl

-

-

-

-

Oak

-

-

-

-

Ten

-

-

-

-

Den

-

-

-

-

@SD

-

-

-

-

MORE STATS »          VIEW PLAYERCARD »

Baldwin and TY williams are easily better plays imo

I'm rolling with him in a dfs-type but not other leagues. 

lookin good.  Looks to be getting really heavily involved in the offense at the expense of the run game.  

The thing with Hill is he's very raw. He's got a ton of headroom as he learns the WR position (RB in college). Reliable pass-catcher, but needs time to develop technique. Huge upside as a slot WR/offensive weapon.

A world class sprinter with great elusiveness, Hill is the most electric player in the NFL right now.

Ugggh! went chasing RB points a couple of weeks ago in dynasty and dropped Hill for Peyton Barber.

:sadRegretbanana:

Ended up starting him over Ty Will and Baldwin. Turned out to be the wrong call but luckily didn't cost me the week. Very encouraged by Reek's usage. I think there's room for him on this offense even when Maclin returns. He is going to be in the running as a WR3 start for me as long as Maclin is out (return yardage leagues). Dude has ludicrous speed and is going to break one (or three) here soon IMO.

The thing with Hill is he's very raw. He's got a ton of headroom as he learns the WR position (RB in college). Reliable pass-catcher, but needs time to develop technique. Huge upside as a slot WR/offensive weapon.

A world class sprinter with great elusiveness, Hill is the most electric player in the NFL right now.
The first time I saw him return kicks earlier this year, he reminded me of Dante hall.  Not physically, since he's obviously much thicker, just the raw electricity that anything could happen when he touched the ball.

Seems like a solid flex this week especially in KR leagues he's ranked WR9 the past 4 weeks.

Jeremy Maclin (groin) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Maclin didn't practice at all last week and seems to be on the wrong side of the questionable tag for Week 11 against the Bucs. The Chiefs manufactured touched for Tyreek Hill in Maclin's absence against the Panthers, feeding him 13 targets. He'd again be in play against a brutal Bucs secondary.

Source: BJ Kissel on Twitter

Ill be starting him this week irregardless of Maclin etc. TB's pass D is terrible and I've no other options at this point. 

Thinking Hill produces solid games regardless of Maclin's status. With the way in which the Raiders are playing and Denver hanging tough, KC needs to keep winning and they must have an answer with the receiving corp. Holding him on the bench to bolster the stable.

Agree, so:  Tyreek in standard, Crowder in ppr.

I see Crowder getting his fp in part on target volume, while Tyreek will get fewer, but deeper targets in high leverage situations.
Crowder is getting a lot of RZ looks, wouldn't overlook that. Also, not sure "deeper targets" is what I'd count on from a guy catching balls from Alex Smith...he's gonna rely on YAC ability to really put up numbers in non-PPR leagues I imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread