Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

LET'S GO BABY! NEVER IN DOUBT! :pickle:

Not watching the game. How did it happen? 

10 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Not watching the game. How did it happen? 

Not a deep bomb but also not a little screen. Hill cut across then wheeled it up field and Moore hit him right in stride. Was a sure thing TD as soon as he caught it, was in full stride.

not gonna lie....that helped

• Like 1

Just now, smcindoe said:

Not a deep bomb but also not a little screen. Hill cut across then wheeled it up field and Moore hit him right in stride. Was a sure thing TD as soon as he caught it, was in full stride.

Hill was running a drag route.  Play broke down and Hill turned it up field and Moore was on the same page and put the throw over the top perfectly.

Just now, smcindoe said:

Saw the play as it happened.  If Moore and Hill have decent chemistry like the play showed then it’s not that dire.  Obviously still a downgrade but not as bad as we thought.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Saw the play as it happened.  If Moore and Hill have decent chemistry like the play showed then it’s not that dire.  Obviously still a downgrade but not as bad as we thought.

Let’s be real.  It’s a massive downgrade, bordering on Juju-level of direness.  

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

34 minutes ago, joffer said:

not gonna lie....that helped

Not just helped but possibly a weekend saver. A goose would have been dire.

13 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Let’s just say certain downgrade. What remains to be seen is how massive - if Hill’s talent supersedes the QB’s talent he may be serviceable, but not elite. 

We’ll see.

17 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Moore is not a year 2 QB like Mason Rudolph.  Juju is a WR3.  Hill stays at least WR2 low end WR1.  The offense is entirely different from Pitt.

• Like 1

Tyreek Hill caught 3-of-5 targets for 74 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 7 win over the Broncos.

Hill saved what was shaping up to be a disastrous night with a 57-yard touchdown late in the third quarter. Sweeping across the field, Hill got a step on Chris Harris and was off to the races with his unrivaled speed. Hill entered halftime with zero targets and without his starting quarterback, as Patrick Mahomes limped to the locker room late in the second quarter. That he still made a big play with Matt Moore was an excellent sign for the Chiefs going forward. The early word on Mahomes' injury is positive, but there remains a real chance he is sidelined for Week 8 vs. the Packers and beyond. Without Mahomes, Hill would become a highly-volatile, low-end WR1.

Edited by The Frankman

So frustrating to see Mahomes go down just the 2nd week after Tyreek's return. 

Only hope now is that they trade for a gunslinger like Fitz or they start using Tyreek like the Vikes did with Percy Harvin otherwise you have to drop him out of stud WR1 range and more into the mid/low WR1 range.

Edited by Nucker101

Stay healthy hill.   He will still be better than anything we were starting in his place the last month.   He can break good stuff all his own.  

Hill's value with Moore at QB will be around WR 25-30. Early reports on Mahomes are a minimum of 4 weeks to the entire season. Dislocated nee cap, MRI on Friday will confirm any ligament damage. Some sports doctors are already saying if he elects against surgery now he will have to have surgery in the offseason

3 hours ago, Penguin said:

Hill's value with Moore at QB will be around WR 25-30. Early reports on Mahomes are a minimum of 4 weeks to the entire season. Dislocated nee cap, MRI on Friday will confirm any ligament damage. Some sports doctors are already saying if he elects against surgery now he will have to have surgery in the offseason

WR 25-30 sounds really low to me. I’d say 10-15 range. They could also manufacture touches in the screen and running game for Hill.

For those with their toes on the ledge, just a gentle reminder that he was putting up a donut in the first half with Mahomes. It's certainly a downgrade for Hill from a fully healthy Mahomes but we already didn't have that going into last night. It's a cliche to say he only needs one play but it also happens to be true.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Yep.  I'll be trading him immediately once a Mahomes timeline is firmed up as out for the season.  Hill still holds long-term value to a rebuilder so I'll get very close to full price, but I'm not going to go through the 2019 roller coaster when I can get much more consistent production elsewhere.

1 hour ago, habsfan said:

For those with their toes on the ledge, just a gentle reminder that he was putting up a donut in the first half with Mahomes. It's certainly a downgrade for Hill from a fully healthy Mahomes but we already didn't have that going into last night. It's a cliche to say he only needs one play but it also happens to be true.

Yep. Last night was actually a pretty good case study of what to expect. A lot of empty drives, but always the potential of a big play. Some games, you'll get it. Maybe once or twice, you'll get more than one and a monster score. But there will also be some weeks where he'll put up close to zero. 

The ceiling is still high but the floor just caved in.

I gotta think (especially if the prognosis on Mahomes is bad) that they'll change things up and scheme easier ways to get their biggest playmaker more touches. More jet sweeps, more slants and screens, etc.

No way I'm trading him now after waiting a month for him to come back. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I gotta think (especially if the prognosis on Mahomes is bad) that they'll change things up and scheme easier ways to get their biggest playmaker more touches. More jet sweeps, more slants and screens, etc.

I concur.  

'Reek is the Chiefs' most explosive player, and Andy Reid is going to have to manufacture ways to get him the ball.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dcgangstas said:

I concur.  

'Reek is the Chiefs' most explosive player, and Andy Reid is going to have to manufacture ways to get him the ball.   

Which has never been one of Andy's deficiencies during his coaching tenure. He always finds a way to get the ball heavily into his best players hands. Prior to the injury, the lead dog was Mahomes. I'd think Kelce gets a slight boost to his currently uninspiring season (still a beast, just not as dominant weekly as we all thought) and hill's floor becomes a bit lower, but should sustain value in the top 15 WR, as long as Moore can be serviceable. 

Edited by jerseys finest

1 hour ago, smcindoe said:

Yep. Last night was actually a pretty good case study of what to expect. A lot of empty drives, but always the potential of a big play. Some games, you'll get it. Maybe once or twice, you'll get more than one and a monster score. But there will also be some weeks where he'll put up close to zero. 

Nope.  Andy knows how to get his best players touches, period.  He was great at getting Westbrook the ball in space when the oline was run-blocking deficient and he’ll design plays to get the ball in Hills hands now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smcindoe said:

The pessimism on this forum is overwhelming sometimes. 

Matt Moore is one of the more capable backups in the nfl. 

coming into that game cold, he still managed to help Hill to a 3/76/1 line. And it’s not like Reid is going to quit taking shots downfield.

a week of practicing with the firsts will help timing a lot. Chiefs still aren’t great at running the football, and they will scheme to get the all into the hands of their best weapons.

last night the Broncos basically said “we’re not going to let THAT guy beat us, and they rolled a safety over to double him on almost every play (including, hilariously, once in the end zone when the DB & safety ran into each other covering Hill). That’s why Hardman & others were busting loose. 

and even with that extra attention Hill still got the 57 yard score. Reid isn’t going to stop taking shots downfield. 

I don’t see a whole lot of drop-off for Hill. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

Lol, no drop off for hill? 

this whole offense is going to drop off a cliff 

their schedule doesn’t get easier 

1 hour ago, Wrigley said:

True enough, but if everything from 2016 forward hasn't shown you that all it takes is one play for Hill to turn in a decent fantasy outing, then last night should have.

As long as the QB has an arm, there will be life in Hill.

Not sure I can say the same for the rest of the offense, and I think I've said that without Mahomes, we need to expect a drop-off in Hill.

This won't, however, IMHO, be a drastic change for Hill's ability to generate fantasy WR1 numbers. 

We'll see.

• Like 1

Split the difference between the doomsday preppers and the heads in the sand crew. Volatility way up, ceiling reduced. Floor became a trap door.

still an every week start and Mahomes will be back for the FF stretch run. Thems the breaks

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Babooya said:

Split the difference between the doomsday preppers and the heads in the sand crew. Volatility way up, ceiling reduced. Floor became a trap door.

still an every week start and Mahomes will be back for the FF stretch run. Thems the breaks

Fair. 

worth keeping in mind that Moore is a capable QB though.

i just read that he did what he did last night not only coming in cold, but having *never* practiced with the 1’s. 

so perhaps not “head in the sand” to suggest the offense might not be as hindered as say,  NYJ with their backups. 

I'm in a redraft league.  So trading Hill is not a real option.  Thankfully I don't share the doom and gloom of some here.  Yes, losing Mahomes is a downer and could reduce Hill's performance going forward.  But he is still an elite receiver in a team format and coaching system that will get him the ball.  He won't become Juju IMO.  

• Like 1

Tyreek Hill caught 6-of-9 targets for 76 yards in Week 8 against the Packers.

Hill led the Chiefs in yards and targets. The deep shots weren’t there with Patrick Mahomes out, but he managed to get open for a 21-yard catch. With Mahomes potentially only missing one game, the big plays could be back for Hill next week. Hill has at least 70 yards or a touchdown since returning from his shoulder injury. He gets a matchup with Xavier Rhodes and the Vikings in Week 9.

Oct 28, 2019, 12:02 AM ET

didn't pop the big one last night but they certainly are trying to get him the ball.  and he looked fully healed.  should be money again when Mahomes returns.

Wasn't watching the game with high scrutiny on target share, but was surprised to read he led in targets as it seemed the ball was spread around a lot, and that Moore seemed to look to Sammy Watkins first.

Turns out he did lead targets with 9, but Kelce and Watkins both had 8.

Not sure I have a point other than I look forward to Mahomes coming back, as he seems to look for Hill and Kelce first, especially on those big play/PA roll-outs home runs that truly leverages Hill's best attribute - his speed. That isn't part of Moore's game in the same way.

Tyreek Hill caught 6-of-8 targets for 140 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' 26-23, Week 9 win over the Vikings.

Matt Moore said he needed to get the ball out quicker to Hill and allow him to use his speed and get out underneath some deep balls. That's exactly what happened on a 40-yard score in the first half; the ball looked overthrown at first, but Hill caught up to it after beating CB Trae Waynes. Hill made a ton of big plays in this one and gets Patrick Mahomes back next week on the road against a Titans defense that lost top CB Malcolm Butler to a Week 9 wrist injury.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:17 PM ET

• Like 1

what's his dynasty value?

a first rounder?  more?

is his future secure in the NFL?

Edited by grateful zed

6 minutes ago, grateful zed said:

what's his dynasty value?

a first rounder?  more?

is his future secure in the NFL?

I'd say 2 1sts at minimum.  

I'd say his future is less secure than someone with less off-field problems previously, but for now he looks dialed in.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

im going to offer:  late 1st, oj howard, daniel jones, and see what happens.

17 minutes ago, grateful zed said:

depending on the other owner's depth at WR and need at QB that could be doable.

10 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

depending on the other owner's depth at WR and need at QB that could be doable.

In a typical 1-qb league I would guess this is not going to be enough.  Howard is really bottoming out in value and Jones is good for a rookie but doesn't seem to be a difference maker.  One of the many QB's typically available in 1 QB leagues. 

I would doubt the Hill owner bites unless he is really risk averse and thinks the off field stuff will bite him.

1 hour ago, grateful zed said:

Not even close IMO. 

DTC has it 43 to 27 in favor of Hill, and that's without discounting the package for the value of roster spots. 

Edited by kittenmittens
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nirad3 said:

I'd say his future is less secure than someone with less off-field problems previously, but for now he looks dialed in.

2.5 to 3.5 firsts IMO.  Depending on how early or late the picks project to be. 

21 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

2.5 to 3.5 firsts IMO.  Depending on how early or late the picks project to be.

i could throw in aj brown, christian kirk, diontae johnson and/or my late 2nd. 

14 teamer, he is 3-6, in need of a rebuild.

All I know is I haven’t had Hill & Mahomes together seemingly all year.  :wub: 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, grateful zed said:

i could throw in aj brown, christian kirk, diontae johnson and/or my late 2nd. 

14 teamer, he is 3-6, in need of a rebuild.

Hmm I think any of those would even it up, except for the late 2nd.  The other owner might take that.  I probably would in a rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

All I know is I haven’t had Hill & Mahomes together seemingly all year.  :wub: 

I own Hill and Kelce and and am going against the Mahomes owner this week. Not sure to love it or hate it.

Would love seeing these guys explode.

Bu-UUUUUUMP!

11 receptions, 157 yards, 1 TD, with a 3 yard run to boot.

Welcome back Mahomes!

Really scary moment in the first half where Hill landed hard on his shoulder with an outstretched arm as he was being tackled out of bounds. Holding my breath there as he was down for a bit but soon enough bounced back up -- and dominated.

• Like 4

Gotta be the #1 WR ROS, right?  I mean, on a ppg basis that is as i know he has an upcoming bye.  Can you make a case for a WR you'd rather have?

On 10/18/2019 at 12:01 PM, Wrigley said:

Update?

7 minutes ago, Morton Muffley said:

Gotta be the #1 WR ROS, right?  I mean, on a ppg basis that is as i know he has an upcoming bye.  Can you make a case for a WR you'd rather have?

Michael Thomas says hi!

That said, Hill is a top 3 WR ROS.