What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (3 Viewers)

This guy has so much talent, but after all the off-season concerns he plans to do the dog heist when all the cameras are on him as he comes onto the field. Just awful! How do the Chief fans feel about one of their most athletically gifted players who has absolutely no common sense or decency?  
What are you talking about?

Not a great sign for his intelligence/maturity that after all the damage he did to his image with his prior incidents he chose to imitate a dog taking a piss on the field during intros. He had a whole week to choose what he wanted to do! Somehow pissing on the field like a dog won out. Remarkable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a great sign for his intelligence/maturity that after all the damage he did to his image with his prior incidents he chose to imitate a dog taking a piss on the field during intros. He had a whole week to choose what he wanted to do! Somehow pissing on the field like a dog won out. Remarkable.
I thought the same thing.  Why would you do that on your intro?  Guy is a total idiot.  Prob the least likable guy in the league.    Once he loses his speed hes gonna crash hard in the real world.

I was not rooting for him to get suspended last off-season because I own him and Mahomes on several dynasty teams and that would make me a fool to root for that outcome. But still puzzled how a league which has suspended multiple players not charged with a crime and with some with absolutely no clear cut proof they did anything wrong how he escaped punishment from the league. And to add to that if he did nothing wrong at all why would he go from working on becoming the highest paid WR in the league as Rapapport reported before his incident to accepting a very team friendly super low risk team contract offer? Truly happy he was able to avoid suspension,  still don't know how.

I was not rooting for him to get suspended last off-season because I own him and Mahomes on several dynasty teams and that would make me a fool to root for that outcome. But still puzzled how a league which has suspended multiple players not charged with a crime and with some with absolutely no clear cut proof they did anything wrong how he escaped punishment from the league. And to add to that if he did nothing wrong at all why would he go from working on becoming the highest paid WR in the league as Rapapport reported before his incident to accepting a very team friendly super low risk team contract offer? Truly happy he was able to avoid suspension,  still don't know how.
I think, at one point, the future NFLPA negotiations about the CBA came into play with the suspensions last year. One might assume it will continue. 

People that investigated and actually got to hear details and context and conducted interviews (police/NFL) came to the conclusion that there was nothing to pursue with Tyreek.  They didn’t jump to conclusions and make knee jerk self righteous judgements. It’s really not that hard. The NFL knew they would catch some heat for no suspension after the court of public opinion had already made him out to be a monster.  Yet they didn’t, so they must have felt pretty good about what they found out.  It would have been easy to give him a couple games, but they didn’t. Think about that.  Ton of information that the mom was driving the bus here with a bad agenda.

As far as the money and a team friendly deal.....the team stood by him throughout this from the get go.....that probably meant a lot to him....and lets be honest.....Mahomes is probably the biggest draw/magnet in the league right now for players at any position....let alone a WR with Hill’s skill set. He can get a new deal soon.

Tyreek Hill caught 9-of-16 targets for 105 yards in the Chiefs' Super Bowl LIV victory over the 49ers.

The NFL’s fastest "game speed" player, Hill suffered through an injury-marred campaign, missing Weeks 2-5 with a clavicle injury before coming down with a hamstring ailment in Week 11. The soft-tissue issue didn’t cost Hill any time, but he failed to clear 75 yards in any of the Chiefs’ final five regular season games. He still managed to score seven touchdowns, belying his 5-foot-10 frame and speaking to his truly rare game-breaking abilities. Hill avoided off-the-field issues after last offseason’s troubling reports and innuendo. Signed through 2021, Hill will provide WR1 overall upside as long as Patrick Mahomes is at the controls in Kansas City.

Just saw that Tyreek was given full custody of his son recently, maybe due to privacy is the reason it hasn’t  been covered by the media. Good for Tyreek and his son if this is true.  I’ve only seen it mentioned in a Chiefs fan forum and also saw it posted on Tyreek’s Twitter account.

Just saw that Tyreek was given full custody of his son recently, maybe due to privacy is the reason it hasn’t  been covered by the media. Good for Tyreek and his son if this is true.  I’ve only seen it mentioned in a Chiefs fan forum and also saw it posted on Tyreek’s Twitter account.
yeah saw him celebrating the SB with his son on the field and in his press conference......made me immediately think about all his haters in here (they know who they are) and how that must have made them feel....

starts to make you wonder a little about his college incident and her possibly making all that up and him feeling pressured to take the plea....

either way.....good example of why you shouldn't always make self righteous snap judgments....in fantasy or real world...

Where is the news cycle that Tyreek won the legal battle for custody of his son?  Seems like there might be a lot of vindication and potentially far higher dynasty value. 

Where is the news cycle that Tyreek won the legal battle for custody of his son?  Seems like there might be a lot of vindication and potentially far higher dynasty value. 
Maybe for privacy reasons the media didn’t get access to the custody ruling or because it doesn’t jive with how 99% of the media were portraying him, Mike Florio even said something like he would stop covering the NFL if Tyreek was ever allowed to play again..   They talk about the ruling in some of the Chiefs fan forums, and I saw it mentioned in this tweet:

Twitter Link

Yeah I am considering the off field concerns moot and putting Hill back near the top of the dynasty WR ranks.  He's probably a late 1st rounder in dynasty.  Some people were already taking him there with the off field concerns. 

Yeah I am considering the off field concerns moot and putting Hill back near the top of the dynasty WR ranks.  He's probably a late 1st rounder in dynasty.  Some people were already taking him there with the off field concerns. 
I was one who rushed to judgment on him. I still have a ton of questions as to what exactly happened but at this point he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Hope he stays straight as he's a fun player to watch.

Yeah I am considering the off field concerns moot and putting Hill back near the top of the dynasty WR ranks. 
I want to say I consider his off field concerns moot but yet when this thread gets bumped in the off-season I get nervous. So I guess it's not all the way behind me.

But I've got him as my #2 WR  so I'm not that worried either.

I was one who rushed to judgment on him. I still have a ton of questions as to what exactly happened but at this point he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Hope he stays straight as he's a fun player to watch.
Yeah me, too. I was and am truly blown away that the script got flipped on it. It is going to be a remarkable story someday. 

I was one who rushed to judgment on him.
I was super worried but never sold him in dynasty and in multiple leagues tried to buy him for a late first.

But you remind me that it was the night of round one last year the audio dropped. Ruined my whole draft experience to be honest. But thinking back to what TV commentators said you should not feel bad about rushing to judgement,  they all acted like he was done.

I was super worried but never sold him in dynasty and in multiple leagues tried to buy him for a late first.

But you remind me that it was the night of round one last year the audio dropped. Ruined my whole draft experience to be honest. But thinking back to what TV commentators said you should not feel bad about rushing to judgement,  they all acted like he was done.
I sold right before the audio dropped (when there was still a lot of damning evidence) but I got a fairly solid deal in moving Hill and Gurley (who had the knee issues) for Aaron Jones, Stefan Diggs and the 1.07. I was coming off back to back championships due in large part to Hill and Gurley and just did not want all the offseason stress. I probably lost the deal in the long run but the return was good enough not to make me sick over it.

I sold right before the audio dropped (when there was still a lot of damning evidence) but I got a fairly solid deal in moving Hill and Gurley (who had the knee issues) for Aaron Jones, Stefan Diggs and the 1.07. I was coming off back to back championships due in large part to Hill and Gurley and just did not want all the offseason stress. I probably lost the deal in the long run but the return was good enough not to make me sick over it.
I got something comparable where I sold him in two places. Crap, make that three, just remembered the Hill for Corey Davis straight up (puke). But much more than what some people got. I might even say you won your trade, even with Hill coming back as he has. Jones and Hill are pretty close even though WR>RB generally. 1.07 and Diggs doesn't hurt. Moving on from Gurley seems a great move, even if he shines in Atlanta a little. 

Yeah me, too. I was and am truly blown away that the script got flipped on it. It is going to be a remarkable story someday. 
yeah....if people will remember his comment at the very end of an interview (i think at training camp) before he walked off he said something to the affect of "my story is kind of crazy, gonna be a part of testimony someday"....it was mentioned and a lawyer/media type did a pretty long investigation/write up about how even the whole "incident" in college may not have really gone down the way people think.....that he may not have really done anything wrong, but felt pressured into taking the plea deal.....and how that happens to people sometimes and just accepting the deal, even if you didn't do anything, is sometimes actually the best way to go.....she may have put him in a really bad spot that time too, like she did most recently....and that is what he was referring to when he says "you should be scared of me too".....he has dirt on her that may someday come out about that whole college incident.....

with the way things have gone down.....and now him having custody....it does seem like she has had an evil agenda...but we may never really know the whole truth about the college incident because not revisiting it may be part of what is going on right now with custody agreements, etc....

I got something comparable where I sold him in two places. Crap, make that three, just remembered the Hill for Corey Davis straight up (puke). But much more than what some people got. I might even say you won your trade, even with Hill coming back as he has. Jones and Hill are pretty close even though WR>RB generally. 1.07 and Diggs doesn't hurt. Moving on from Gurley seems a great move, even if he shines in Atlanta a little. 
Aaron Jones made up for it for sure - at the time he wasn't nearly as highly valued though.

I was able to buy him lsat offseason for what turned out to be 1.12 in this draft.  Very happy now, but I too get nervous for this thread and Hunt thread being bumped.

Been following him a little.....lots of yoga and 1000 ab crunches a day. In addition to whatever else....trying to increase flexibility and core strength in prep for the season and being in even better shape than before....

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Tyreek Hill has been diagnosed with a "minor" hamstring strain. 

"No great concern there," Garafolo reported Thursday night. It's good news, though the Chiefs are only three weeks away from their opener. Considering how much conditioning Hill — and every NFL player — has already missed this year, the Chiefs will undoubtedly take things slow. We probably won't see Hill much more this summer, though it would be surprising were he not ready for Week 1. There's no reason to be concerned in fantasy drafts. 

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter 

Aug 20, 2020, 9:43 PM ET

Chiefs coach Andy Reid confirmed that Tyreek Hill (hamstring) will return to practice in "a few days."

"It's not a big tear or anything like that," Reid told reporters. Hill left practice on Thursday, but reports since have been positive. The blazing receiver did deal with a hamstring injury last November, but he should be back to full health in time for Week 1. In positive news, Sammy Watkins returned to the practice field on Friday.

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Aug 21, 2020, 3:11 PM ET

Tyreek Hill caught 5-of-6 targets for 46 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 1 win over the Texans.

Hill had just one catch for seven yards on two targets at halftime, but he was targeted on four of Patrick Mahomes' 11 second-half throws in the blowout win and caught the quarterback's third touchdown to save what had been a quiet night. Four Chiefs saw at least six targets with Mahomes spreading the ball around. Hill will be an elite WR1 play next week against the Chargers.

- Rotoworld

I think with the right lead time, Tyreek could have actually scored if he was targeted on that first incomplete TD pass to Robinson, the one where Tyreek was highlighted as having peeled coverage away from Robinson. It looked like he could have run under a ball thrown into the EZ and scored if that’s the choice Mahomes had made. 

I think with the right lead time, Tyreek could have actually scored if he was targeted on that first incomplete TD pass to Robinson, the one where Tyreek was highlighted as having peeled coverage away from Robinson. It looked like he could have run under a ball thrown into the EZ and scored if that’s the choice Mahomes had made. 
I had this same thought when I saw the replay.  Hopefully a Tyreek floor week.

It's only one game but I'd be worried. It's not that Tyreek will have a bad year It's that KC might be too good on D and too good running the ball that they simply won't need to take as many of those deep shots that Tyreek is the best in the league at. 

He'll still be heavily used in the redzone with Jet sweeps and targets but less overall targets because KC offense is so well rounded this year. 

Users who are viewing this thread