Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think with the right lead time, Tyreek could have actually scored if he was targeted on that first incomplete TD pass to Robinson, the one where Tyreek was highlighted as having peeled coverage away from Robinson. It looked like he could have run under a ball thrown into the EZ and scored if that’s the choice Mahomes had made. 

I had this same thought when I saw the replay.  Hopefully a Tyreek floor week.

It's only one game but I'd be worried. It's not that Tyreek will have a bad year It's that KC might be too good on D and too good running the ball that they simply won't need to take as many of those deep shots that Tyreek is the best in the league at. 

He'll still be heavily used in the redzone with Jet sweeps and targets but less overall targets because KC offense is so well rounded this year. 

He will be just fine.  First game in a crazy off-season.  The Texans did a great job taking him away as a deep threat.  Kudos to them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Milkman said:

It's only one game but I'd be worried.

Reid is a good coach. They were trying to take away the deep threat. And he still had a solid night for his fantasy owners. And I'm sure we'll see a game in the near future where Mahomes has 4-5 TDs at half with Cheetah getting at least 2 of them....

3 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Reid is a good coach. They were trying to take away the deep threat. And he still had a solid night for his fantasy owners. And I'm sure we'll see a game in the near future where Mahomes has 4-5 TDs at half with Cheetah getting at least 2 of them....

Exactly.   

3 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Maybe he couldn’t see Tyreek’s name on the playcall sheet because his mask was fogged you.

I think Bradley Roby was a tough draw for Tyreek because he has the speed to somewhat keep up with him. KC went to Watkins and Robinson a ton last night. Kelcey started out hot but fizzled as the game progressed. The Chiefs have a ton of options But I think both Hill and Kelce will eat most weeks. It makes sense that they involved a lot of players week one in a season which there was no preseason or offseason. I think the offense with become more consolidated in the next few weeks as players work their way into game condition. 

Edited by Mongidig
  • Like 1

I wasn't surprised that Hill had a quiet game.  KC wanted to show off the new toy in CEH.  HOU offense couldn't keep up and KC controlled the clock.   I will take a 5-46-1 as a "quiet" Hill game.  That's a nice floor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fightingillini said:

I wasn't surprised that Hill had a quiet game.  KC wanted to show off the new toy in CEH.  HOU offense couldn't keep up and KC controlled the clock.   I will take a 5-46-1 as a "quiet" Hill game.  That's a nice floor.

If CEH continues to get bottled up at the goal line it could open up more opportunities for Hill.

Tyreek Hill caught 5-of-6 targets for 77 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 3 win over the Ravens.

Hill now has a touchdown catch in all three games to open the season but has yet to eclipse the 100 yards barrier in any of the wins. Hill's second-quarter touchdown came from 20 yards out on a sick throw-and-catch combo with Patrick Mahomes, beating the defense over the top. Hill has 23 targets through three weeks and will remain an elite upside WR1 next week against the Patriots in a tough matchup with Stephon Gilmore.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

Tyreek Hill caught 4-of-6 targets for 64 yard and one score in Kansas City's Week 4 win over New England.

Hill was actually held in check for a majority of play. He recorded a 22-yard catch on Kansas City's opening drive and scored the team's first touchdown, but was limited from that point forward since Patrick Mahomes was only asked to dropback and attempt 29 passes against New England's airtight secondary. Expect an eruption in Week 5 since there is genuinely no one on Las Vegas' roster who can keep up with Hill on the boundary.

Oct 5, 2020, 10:38 PM ET

Tyreek Hill caught 3-of-6 targets for 78 yards in the Chiefs' Week 5 loss to the Raiders, adding three carries for 15 yards and a touchdown as a runner.

Hill looked on his way to a huge day with an early 60-plus yards touchdown catch, but it was called back on a Chiefs penalty. Patrick Mahomes took a couple more deep shots to Hill, but nothing connected. Hill has a touchdown in every game through five weeks and is a weekly top-three play at receiver. He gets a date with Tre'Davious White at Buffalo in Week 6.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

Tyreek Hill caught all three of his targets for 20 yards in the Chiefs' Week 6 win over the Bills.

The Chiefs only attempted 26 passing because of how effective their ground game was. Kansas City's running backs combined for 204 rushing yards on 35 carries. Hill even contributed five rushing yards on his lone carry. He was targeted at least six times in every game prior to Monday night. The positive game-script didn't allow Hill to do much this week but he remains a WR1 option versus the Broncos next week.

Oct 19, 2020, 9:14 PM ET

He's no Chase Claypool, that's for sure.

It was raining. He's opening it up for Kelce.  And the running game, at least for today.

its absurd, you have a pet Cheetah who's faster than anyone on the field, why not showcase your cheetah? He's beautiful, he's fast, he's hungry...come on Reid!!! 

1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

its absurd, you have a pet Cheetah who's faster than anyone on the field, why not showcase your cheetah? He's beautiful, he's fast, he's hungry...come on Reid!!! 

No reason to use Hill when you're running the ball right down the defenses throat.  Plus it was raining a lot last night and BUF was playing to take Hill out.  KC took what the defense gave them......Mahomes had no reason to push the ball the down the field.  

3 minutes ago, fightingillini said:

No reason to use Hill when you're running the ball right down the defenses throat.  Plus it was raining a lot last night and BUF was playing to take Hill out.  KC took what the defense gave them......Mahomes had no reason to push the ball the down the field.  

That's all fine and well, but he's had 6 targets or less in five out of six games thus far.  Pretty tough to believe that it doesn't make some sense to try to scheme some touches for your most dynamic playmaker.  That said, he's definitely an asset in clearing out the field for Kelce to do his thing.  I suppose Reid is smarter than most of us at offensive game planning.  It's just pretty sickening that a player as gamebreaking as Tyreek can't get more than looks 6 per game. 

If you saw the game, when they panned around the Stadium, it was almost Dark at 5:00, the clouds were ominous, looked cold and bleak and I bet it was a night to run the football. 

KC has no road games the rest of the season anywhere like Buffalo. @Denver next week, 4 more road games over the season include trips to Las Vegas, Tampa Bay and the warm sunny South Florida plus a trip to New Orleans inside the Superdome so there shouldn't be a repeat of this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

That's all fine and well, but he's had 6 targets or less in five out of six games thus far.  Pretty tough to believe that it doesn't make some sense to try to scheme some touches for your most dynamic playmaker.  That said, he's definitely an asset in clearing out the field for Kelce to do his thing.  I suppose Reid is smarter than most of us at offensive game planning.  It's just pretty sickening that a player as gamebreaking as Tyreek can't get more than looks 6 per game. 

Problem is KC has a lot of playmakers.  CEH looked great, they just signed Bell, and Kelce is the best TE in football.  Watkins, Hardman and Robinson can also make plays.  Great coaches and great QBs are masters of exploiting mismatches.  It was clear to me that BUF was taking Hill out the game, and they paid dearly for it to the tune of 200 yards rushing and 2 TDs from Kelce.  

Hill has never been a volume WR.  He has always been very productive with his targets, so he going to have a good year.  But it appears to me that KC is going to be more balanced on offense.   Last year Hill had 88 targets in 12 games, about 7.5 per game.  Only in 2018 he had a lot of targets at 137.  So currently he's below his typical pace, but right now he's on pace for 67 rec, 1024 yds, 11 TDs and 144 yds rushing and 2 TDs.  That is still a solid WR1, and it could get better.  WRs will have dud games.  Hill had one yesterday.  It happens.

teams are thinking the blueprint is to drop as many back in zone coverage as possible and only rush 3-4.....keeping everything in front....that doesn't allow Hill to blow past people....I think we are all used to what KC/Hill/Mahomes have looked like the last couple of years so we think something is "wrong" .....but they are 5-1 and are now having to make teams pay for dropping so many back in coverage....and lucky for them they have players like CEH/Williams and now Bell coming in that can make them pay....the pendulum will probably start swinging back the other way a little when teams have to adjust to getting the ball run down their throat.....although I think an ego factor comes in a little bit for opposing coaches and they don't like to get beat and embarrassed by the big play.....although getting smashed in the mouth by the running game is actually more embarrassing....Hill may not give you the ROI this year as the game scripts will probably stay the same as teams will try to milk the clock when on offense and are actually ok with the KC having to take 12 plus plays to score on a drive compared to the 3-4 it seemed like it took in the past with the big plays....they want to try and beat the Chiefs with scores in the 20's and hope KC doesn't convert some third downs here and there during the extended drives...

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Tyreek Hill caught 4-of-6 targets for 98 yards and two touchdowns in the Chiefs' Week 8 win over the Jets. 

Gregg Williams' barely-there defense sprung Hill for his season-best day even though Patrick Mahomes and a host of starters rested for the final 10 minutes of the game. Hill's yardage was one of his 2020 best from Week 2, though the two-score effort was his first year. Hill found the end zone from 36 and 41 yards out. The 36-yarder was a laser where Hill split a pair of DBs. The 41-yarder was a strike down the left sideline where Hill bested a falling Bless Austin. With 50 percent of 2020 now in the books, Hill is on pace for 70/1,074/14. Hill is a good bet to overshoot those first two totals. The Panthers, who sell out to limit big plays, are on deck before the Chiefs' Week 10 bye. 

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman