What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

Bye week bump to get some prognosticating on Hill against the Giants.

Will be the week we understand Hill's trend this year a little better -- so funny that so far this season, every other game of Hill's is a fantastic one, and all his road games are better than his home games.

This bye comes at a time that disrupts the "every other week" flow, and KC will have a second consecutive road game in WK 11, something that they haven't had yet this season.

So which do you think is the factor that matters?

Will Hill have a monster game because it's a road game against a beatable opponent? Or, having had a really sold game against DAL, will he disappoint because of the every second game boom/bust pattern?

I would agree, McAdoo is garbage despite the fake news circulating about him, Eli has played horrifically, and the players do have the look/feel of giving up.

But the trend, man...the trend.
hahaha...this is modern fantasy.  There is no trend.  

But knowing all this the giants will probably win the game 44-13.  That's about as good as my guessing gets lately

Last edited by a moderator:
A little concern is 15-20 mph winds with gusts higher. If KC gets up big, it could be big time A. Reid conservative play calling time.

That said, the NYG D is exactly the  type of D Hill could make a splash play (or two) against. Matchup is there as is this crazy home/away split where he outperforms on the road.

Impossible to leave on the bench.

I kind of accepted with Hill when I drafted him that he's a set and forget guy for your roster, and a very good second WR for your team as long as you landed with another good one to compliment him with. Got to take the rough with the smooth, and happy to do so as long as he's putting up good numbers every 2nd or 3rd week 

Anyone dare bench Hill today?

Sideline reporter on the field saying very windy. A porta potty actually was blown over in the parking lot. Nasty.

Fear A. Reid goes all conservative here. Wind + No S. Sheppard + Reid = Not good combo for Hill.

Anyone dare bench Hill today?

Sideline reporter on the field saying very windy. A porta potty actually was blown over in the parking lot. Nasty.

Fear A. Reid goes all conservative here. Wind + No S. Sheppard + Reid = Not good combo for Hill.
Wish I never read this.  In fact I’m going to pretend I didn’t.  My choice to replace hill would be doctson.  No way.  

NFL Network showing the flags at the stadium. They are whipping.

Seriously considering benching for D. Martin. The thought makes me throw up in my mouth.

Think I'm rolling with Jeffery and the gimpy ankle against Dallas over Hill today.  Not sure the away game trend for Hill holds up.

Wish I never read this.  In fact I’m going to pretend I didn’t.  My choice to replace hill would be doctson.  No way.  
Me too. Sounds like game condition may be more favorable for Kelce and his ability to grab those short passes.

And when Kelce is flashing, Hill usually has a down game.

Still had an ok day, but I blame Reid for not using him enough, and that's why they lost. (Probably not true, but as the Hill owner I'm allowed to be irrational)

Oh they are def not using him enough but now that they are losing their ### and not scoring very much maybe that will change. They seemed to turn to Tyreek when nothing else was working and that gave them a spark. 

Was clearly a game where Kelce was the better target given mismatches and early success, so the flow went that way. Perfectly fits the pattern of good game by Kelce = avg. game by Hill and vice versa. 

Another eight opportunities in conditions that had my expectations much lower than his production.

Must.start.every.week.

You benching him four out of the next five weeks?
I won't play him in DFS cash games in four of those five weeks.

But in all honestly I think the split can be chalked up to variance, the sample size is still small. It's just weird that he's failed to eclipse 43 receiving yards and has zero TDs at home this year.

Was clearly a game where Kelce was the better target given mismatches and early success, so the flow went that way. Perfectly fits the pattern of good game by Kelce = avg. game by Hill and vice versa. 
The Chiefs are 1-4 in their last 5 games. Kelce's targets have gone way up and Hill's have dipped slightly during this slide........coincidence?????? I think not. This is what happens when you build your offense around a not very explosive weapon like Kelce and ignore the most explosive weapon in football for entire halves.........in a game like this Tyreek Hill could literally win the game for his team in one play but has never received double digit targets in a game?

Alex Smith isn't a great fit for Hill either so that's not helping but KC needs to scheme and force the ball to Hill a lot more than they are doing. My guess is they won't and they will continue to lose.  

Hill is nowhere near a better option than Kelce in the passing game. Explosive? Maybe faster, but not more  explosive

Kelce is an elite talent, much like prime Gronk was

Kelce is not even close to an elite talent. He's just gets the ball forced to him. He's not terrible so he'll put up decent numbers but KC would be more successful giving those targets to Hill. 

Kelce is not even close to an elite talent. He's just gets the ball forced to him. He's not terrible so he'll put up decent numbers but KC would be more successful giving those targets to Hill. 
Kelce is absolutely an elite TE and receiving option. How is he not? 

Kelce is absolutely an elite TE and receiving option. How is he not? 
He's the #1 TE in FF but it's only because he's the #1 targeted TE in football. Not saying he's terrible but it's more his usage than his talent. 

It's not a debate I'll be able to win with you. It's like arguing with people on here that Hunt was not a special talent when he was on his tear to start the season. There was some great posters on here saying Hunt was a top 3 dynasty asset after a few games. I never saw special. I just saw solid RB in a great spot. That's what I see with Kelce. 

SameSongNDance said:
My dude Kelce may be the best pass catching TE in the league. He's not the problem.
He's not the answer either.  They need more balance with Hill bring more involved with his explosive ability as a game changer.  

The Andy Reid effect has finally caught up to this team.  Everyone thought Hunt's emergence would keep the train on track but the Great Pumpkin has arrived again with his dynamic usage of Hunt's abilites. 

Milkman said:
He's the #1 TE in FF but it's only because he's the #1 targeted TE in football. Not saying he's terrible but it's more his usage than his talent. 

It's not a debate I'll be able to win with you. It's like arguing with people on here that Hunt was not a special talent when he was on his tear to start the season. There was some great posters on here saying Hunt was a top 3 dynasty asset after a few games. I never saw special. I just saw solid RB in a great spot. That's what I see with Kelce. 
Kelce is really good & so is Hill.   not worth arguing about.  you both have a good point.

Soulfly3 said:
Hill is nowhere near a better option than Kelce in the passing game. Explosive? Maybe faster, but not more  explosive

Kelce is an elite talent, much like prime Gronk was
Pretty sure they're both elite talents.

Kelce is nowhere near anything Gronk ever was/is/will be. That's not an insult because maybe no TE ever has been what Gronk was in his prime.

Milkman said:
Wow really?  We must be watching different players.  Isn’t there a Kelce on the eagles or something?  TRAVIS Kelce is a man amongst boys.  Absolutely an elite talent.  He’s basically a healthier gronk playing with a worse qb.  

Wow really?  We must be watching different players.  Isn’t there a Kelce on the eagles or something?  TRAVIS Kelce is a man amongst boys.  Absolutely an elite talent.  He’s basically a healthier gronk playing with a worse qb.  
Sorry no. There's only one Gronk. Kelce is nothing like Gronk but i know i won't convince anybody so i just leave at that. When i watch Kelce i never say "wow". Lolol i say wow all the time with Gronk. 

Yeah, while I think @Milkman is playing a little CYA now, because there is no question that Kelce is an elite TE, there was only one Gronk. The TE position had never seen anything like Gronk. It's a shame he had the chronic injury issues because he would have rewritten the record books.

Kelce is elite but right now he's on a Witten trajectory not a Gronk. Kelce may turn in a Witten or even a Gonzalez or Gates type career when it's all said and done, which is HoF caliber, but Gronk? Nobody did what he did. His body is the only thing that could contain him, and it did.

At any rate Kelce is clearly elite but so is Tyreek.

Yeah, while I think @Milkman is playing a little CYA now, because there is no question that Kelce is an elite TE, there was only one Gronk. The TE position had never seen anything like Gronk. It's a shame he had the chronic injury issues because he would have rewritten the record books.

Kelce is elite but right now he's on a Witten trajectory not a Gronk. Kelce may turn in a Witten or even a Gonzalez or Gates type career when it's all said and done, which is HoF caliber, but Gronk? Nobody did what he did. His body is the only thing that could contain him, and it did.

At any rate Kelce is clearly elite but so is Tyreek.
It’s not a fair comparison.  Kelce has played with Alex Smith.  A good but not great qb.  Don’t forget that Alex Smith is playing out of his mind this year but this is the only year he has EVER played this way.  And statistically speaking alex smiths stats this year as an average year for Brady   

Gronk has played his entire career with the GOAT.   Replace gronk with Kelce in NE and who’s to say Kelce doesn’t best his numbers if he stays as healthy as he has in kc?   

Strictly from a talent perspective...speed, route running, agility, I think Kelce is every hit as good if not better than gronk.  

This reminds me of something Shaquille O'Neal said after getting snubbed for yes another league MVP. It was something to the effect of:

"I don't need to be called the 'Most Valuable' I'm happy being called the Most Dominant."

Anyways, my point wasn't that Hill isn't good to very good 

But he's not Kelce. By any stretch. None of this is because of Kelce... Smith has just been... Meh lately 

I stopped reading right there. 

Yep, their center, Jason Kelce. Travis's brother.
Yeah I got a similar reaction when I doubted Hunt's greatness. I don't get to worked up about these things anymore.

If they switched Hill's and Kelce's target share I would almost guarantee the Chiefs would have a better record. The only thing stopping me from being 100% confident in that is that Smith really is and always has been a fraud. Anyway carry on gentlemen.....my posts are falling on deaf ears once again.......

Deaf ears? 

You're saying that Kelce is not elite, because of volume. 

Every elite players gets volume, because they are elite. 

Everything he does at TE is elite. This has no bearing on Hill's talent, he's very good. But he's not on Kelce's level, imo. 

Deaf ears? 

You're saying that Kelce is not elite, because of volume. 

Every elite players gets volume, because they are elite. 

Everything he does at TE is elite. This has no bearing on Hill's talent, he's very good. But he's not on Kelce's level, imo. 
He's putting up great numbers so he must be elite. You're right. My bad.

You win. I'm wrong. Would love to see KC continue to give Kelce double the targets they give Tyreek.
Tyreek should definitely get more targets, but he shouldn't be getting more than Kelce in this offense. 

Again, it's alex smith the check down king. Man fooled too many ppl w a few early deepballs

Users who are viewing this thread