What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (2 Viewers)

IMO It’ll be Hunt or Kelce. More likely it’ll be Kelce.

for one, I don’t think the Pats have anyone to consistently cover Hill. For another, if they try to double Hill, Kelce will chew them to pieces over the middle. 

Pats are more likely to use a LB in coverage to double Kelce, while trying to get pressure on Mahommes. 

Hill should get his. 
Getting his. Looking for him both short and long. 

Pretty TD

I know it's way too simplistic and there are a variety of factors involved that lead to a play like it (blown coverages, o-line play has to be right etc etc) but this guy is so damn fast and athletic, it seems like that third TD should happen in every single game these two play together.

The problem is that he does his best work on the road. Next week at home he's a liability to put up mid-WR2 numbers, maybe 5 for 75. 

I know it's way too simplistic and there are a variety of factors involved that lead to a play like it (blown coverages, o-line play has to be right etc etc) but this guy is so damn fast and athletic, it seems like that third TD should happen in every single game these two play together.
I actually wanted to draft Hill over OBJ and an RB (I forget who) in my two drafts, respectively, and didn't. I'm really kicking myself. I saw this happening with Mahomes vs. Alex Smith, but I'm not on record, so you only have my word. 

But I'm :wall: :doh: . Oh well. Still fun to watch.   

Nah his schedule lightens up going forward. He's the #1 WR in FF the rest of the way. 
That's a stretch IMO but I certainly wouldn't be upset as an owner!

Reluctantly traded away AB in my keeper this week for 2019 1st, 2nd, and Allen Robinson, I gave back my 5th/6th.

So now instead of keeping AB I'm forced to keep Tyreek. Feels good for the moment!

hes the type of wr that will have explosions and then the next week have calm games.. With Man homes he will be more consistent then he was with Alex but I feel he will finish top 5 when its all said and done ..

I still prefer Thielen,Brown,Mike Thomas,Hopkins and Julio 

Andy Reid was talking this guy up as a rookie in camp... he's done nothing but explode. Gadget my ####. Fun ride, and with Mahomes able to throw from gumby stances and still get it deep, I don't think there's a WR I'd take ahead of Hill if I drafted a new dynasty team tomorrow. Thielen & Nuke would be in the discussion but they're 4/2 years older, respectively. Thomas goes to FA next year... 

What a fun guy to watch. Hard not to love Andy's offenses for sheer excitement.

is this where the "he is just a gadget guy" posters don't show up anymore.....
To be fair, when it was noodle-armed Alex Smith behind center, Hill was kind of a “gadget guy”.

now that he has a strong-armed QB capable of getting the ball to him deep & making multiple reads and/or prolonging plays with his legs (like the 1st TD last night), Hill is seeing his usage grow substantially. 

I’m not saying the “he’s just a gadget guy” folks were correct because holy crap look at his numbers!

But Hill’s utilization was definitely somewhat limited by the play of the QB, and by proxy the coach who didn’t entirely trust the QB to make those plays. 

I wasnt willing to invest in redraft last year, while this year watching Mahommes in preseason made me question Hill’s ADP & jump in at 2.12/3.01 (at the time considered a “reach”.) 

Last edited by a moderator:
For the guy who says he still prefers Julio in dynasty...good luck. Love Julio but this offseason when I tried to make that swap I was laughed at, the Hill owner wouldn't even consider it without a lot on top, which I now wish I had paid. I think this will be the common perception this offseason if it already isn't. 

For reference I just upgraded from AJG to Hill in a different league and I was only able to pull it off because the guy was stuck with an injured Fournette and isn't a youth-obsessed type. He's going to be 31 this offseason and I'd think it's going to be nearly impossible to build a package around a guy like AJG or Julio for Tyreek, if it isn't already consensus that he's a top 5 guy, it will be. 

Hill is on pace for 136 targets.

If he keeps that pace up he's looking at

91-1512-16

His schedule through week 16.......

Cin/Den/Cle/Ari/LAR/Oak/Bal/LAC/Sea

Decent chance Tyreek outperforms that projection.......

Hill is on pace for 136 targets.

If he keeps that pace up he's looking at

91-1512-16

His schedule through week 16.......

Cin/Den/Cle/Ari/LAR/Oak/Bal/LAC/Sea

Decent chance Tyreek outperforms that projection.......

Arizona has a good pass defense.

Baltimore's is top notch.

Rams, Chargers and Seattle are also strong.

I'd be happier if he was facing TB/NO/Atl/NYG/Ten/GB

Jam him at the line. He's a little guy. Don't let him get a free release.

Of course if he fights it off or avoids it (honestly not sure about this part of his game) completely via quick footwork or hand usage, you just gave him the free-est release possible and you're burnt. There's a reason not many teams have succeeded with this against Desean Jackson through his career, despite him also proving deadly on bubble screens when left alone at the LOS. Teams still consistently give him space and respect his speed. 

Seems like you need at least a double team. I figure containing this guy would be the #1 priority when playing the Chiefs from here on out. I realize they have other quality guys on offense, but Hill can put you behind by a lot quickly. I think I'd take my chances with anyone else but him - Kelce, Watkins, Hunt, whoever. Even then you probably can't completely shut him down, but you've got to try. Scary offense they're developing.

Users who are viewing this thread