What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (5 Viewers)

Lol you can't jam him. I mean you can but when you miss and you will he's gone. 

He's a lot stronger than Brandin Cooks. You're not going to beat him up. 

Lol you can't jam him. I mean you can but when you miss and you will he's gone. 

He's a lot stronger than Brandin Cooks. You're not going to beat him up. 
Oh you definitely need someone behind the DB that's on the LOS. Remember most of these guys coaching are not even close to geniuses. I mean look at Pittsburgh's D vs New England. year after year, they play zone and Brady chews them up. The way you beat Brady is man up on the receivers but Pittsburgh, even after seeing a team successfully do it to NE, they fail to recognize that and make the same mistake year after year.

Mahomes arm talent + Tyreek being the best deep threat in the league in a longtime could make this a special season. That throw was insane good. 

I just have to say a HUGE thank you to Milkman and EBF and all the others who made such a convincing case for Tyreek this season. Picking at #3 in my 21-year league I knew I was going RB-WR-WR and I had targeted Diggs most of the off-season, along with probably Evans.

But after that deep throw in the preseason game I came here and read up on Hill, and eventually took him at 2.10 based on all this reasoning. BOY has it been fun watching him every game!!  Week 1 and then Sunday night were insane. (btw I got Diggs anyway on the way back at 3.3). 

I really appreciate the critical reasoning on display on these boards.

I just have to say a HUGE thank you to Milkman and EBF and all the others who made such a convincing case for Tyreek this season. Picking at #3 in my 21-year league I knew I was going RB-WR-WR and I had targeted Diggs most of the off-season, along with probably Evans.

But after that deep throw in the preseason game I came here and read up on Hill, and eventually took him at 2.10 based on all this reasoning. BOY has it been fun watching him every game!!  Week 1 and then Sunday night were insane. (btw I got Diggs anyway on the way back at 3.3). 

I really appreciate the critical reasoning on display on these boards.
That's why we do it and put up with all the trolling when we're wrong..lolol.

It's a big loss to the Chiefs offense if Hill is out.     He demands so much attention and opens the middle of the field for Kelce and intermediate routes for Watkins.   

Hopefully it's a minor (if there is such a thing for a groin) injury.   

Any word on the severity of his injury? Hoping he's only out a game or two at most but fearing longer.
I read on rotoexperts that if it is considered mild, the optimal recovery time is 2 weeks. If it is more than mild, it could be 5 or so weeks. Hopefully it is a slight tweak and they don't throw him out there for a re-aggravation, especially considering the burner he is.

I read on rotoexperts that if it is considered mild, the optimal recovery time is 2 weeks. If it is more than mild, it could be 5 or so weeks. Hopefully it is a slight tweak and they don't throw him out there for a re-aggravation, especially considering the burner he is.
That's a good point. I wouldn't like it if he was out of my lineup for a week or two (especially since I also have Mahomes) but I'd still prefer that to him rushing back and reinjuring it.

I think he's fine for this week too. He would def be held out of practice today and tomorrow if it was even minor imo. 

Didnt really see anyone blowing it out of proportion.
I saw lots of reports that just assumed groin injury = multi-week absence.

To be fair, I don't take this news as confirmation of anything either. As far as I'm concerned, we still don't really know anything. I will feel confident when I see the final injury report and he's not on it.

Didnt really see anyone blowing it out of proportion.
Maybe not blowing out of proportion but there was concern. The cbs guys didn’t even list Hill in their early weekly rankings. Eisenherg and Richard just added him 20 min ago. Heath still doesn’t rank him. Glad to hear he’s practicing.

I saw lots of reports that just assumed groin injury = multi-week absence.

To be fair, I don't take this news as confirmation of anything either. As far as I'm concerned, we still don't really know anything. I will feel confident when I see the final injury report and he's not on it.
A ton of star players take Wednesday practice completely off for the smallest of injuries,  just to rest, so I’d say even showing up on a day he doesn’t need to is a pretty good indication that he’s fine and the Chicken Littles talking about him being out through his bye were blowing it out of proportion.

A ton of star players take Wednesday practice completely off for the smallest of injuries,  just to rest, so I’d say even showing up on a day he doesn’t need to is a pretty good indication that he’s fine and the Chicken Littles talking about him being out through his bye were blowing it out of proportion.
Not disagreeing with you, and if I had to make a decision on, say, whether to start someone tomorrow night out of concern that Hill would sit, I suppose this is helpful news. But for most of us, it doesn't really matter when we know that Hill is OK, just that he is OK. And tea leaves aside, we don't officially know that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not disagreeing with you, and if I had to make a decision on, say, whether to start someone tomorrow night out of concern that Hill would sit, I suppose this is helpful news. But for most of us, it doesn't really matter when we know that Hill is OK, just that he is OK. And we don't officially know that yet.
Some of us are in that exact situation 

?

Some of us are in that exact situation 

?
Actually, after I posted that I realized I kind of am too, at least indirectly. Thinking of sitting Kittle if Beathard is out, but that would mean that OJ Howard would be unavailable as my flex if Hill sits. So him being healthy would at least give me more flexibility (though I'll probably start Kittle regardless).

Anyway, I was speaking more generally about our need to read tea leaves on guys when it doesn't really matter how early we know their status. It's totally understandable, but not worth the agita.

Actually, after I posted that I realized I kind of am too, at least indirectly. Thinking of sitting Kittle if Beathard is out, but that would mean that OJ Howard would be unavailable as my flex if Hill sits. So him being healthy would at least give me more flexibility (though I'll probably start Kittle regardless).

Anyway, I was speaking more generally about our need to read tea leaves on guys when it doesn't really matter how early we know their status. It's totally understandable, but not worth the agita.
Yeah, I knew what you meant. I was just whining

Due to byes and injuries I'm flexing Tyreek or J Richard 

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I was just whining

Due to byes and injuries I'm flexing Tyreek or J Richard 
Oh man, do you have any alternative? I'd have to be really sure Tyreek was going to sit before I'd take a chance on subbing in Richard for him.

Tyreek Hill - WR -  Chiefs

Tyreek Hill (groin) is practicing in full for Week 9.

It's great news after Hill went down late in Week 8. Hill will play in Sunday's game with the Browns, but any soft-tissue injury comes with going-forward setback risks.

Oct 31 - 5:15 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread