What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (8 Viewers)

It was true at the time and then they started connecting with him deep again. If they improve their defense it's not good for Tyreek. Hopefully they need to keep throwing deep to him. 
This is true to a huge extent, he does seem to thrive more when the Chiefs face adversity (Patriots, Rams) but then again...I had last week's game against Arizona pegged as a sure thing he'd be used to stretch the field for Hunt and Kelce and have a 4/50/0 type game but was flat out wrong, he had a huge game and the game script was Chiefs ahead mostly. He's unbenchable, doesn't matter who they play. Be sad when the season is over, so much fun to own this guy.

It was true at the time and then they started connecting with him deep again. If they improve their defense it's not good for Tyreek. Hopefully they need to keep throwing deep to him. 
Back peddling like most of the guys that said he was a gadget guy, reliant on special teams, and rushing attempts....the guys that got it right called it WAY before this season started or even last season....the guys that truly got it right saw the talent and game changing potential when everybody else wanted to “wait and see”and thought he was a special teams gadget guy.....it’s ok to admit you were wrong or late to the party.....don’t try to jump in now and spin it like you “called it”....not solely talking about you milkman cause you obviously chang3c your tune after the fact...but more towards those who wrote him off very quickly...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back peddling like most of the guys that said he was a gadget guy, reliant on special teams, and rushing attempts....the guys that got it right called it WAY before this season started....the guys that truly got it right saw the talent and game changing potential when everybody else wanted to “wait and see”and thought he was a special teams gadget guy.....it’s ok to admit you were wrong or late to the party.....don’t try to jump in now and spin it like you “called it”....not solely talking about you milkman cause you obviously chang3c your tune after the fact...but more towards those who wrote him off very quickly...
Ok because i know i didn't draft him in dynasty but I traded for him after his rookie season in one dyno and traded for him when i missed him in a start up in another. I've been on this train for 2 years. I have posts in this thread ranking him my #1WR preseason. 

I did say i was going to move him down my rankings to a bottom end WR1 because Mahomes wasn't targeting him down the field at all for like 3 games. I was worried about the chiefs D getting too good and KC not needing to push the ball down the field. It was because I know this Mahomes/Tyreek combo can absolutely be the best the league has ever seen. I'm talking Brady/Moss and Manning/Harrison level good. 

Eh, That’s a bit much. If I had to start a team Nuk would be the first call I made without hesitation. Julio and AB would be right there too. 
#1 FF asset period. I'd draft him first overall in a start-up. I know I'm the only one and it's close with some of the elite RB. I understand the argument and don't fault people for taking 4-5 guys in front of him but Mahomes is so good and they are both so young. That D worries me. I don't want that KC D getting any better......

#1 FF asset period. I'd draft him first overall in a start-up. I know I'm the only one and it's close with some of the elite RB. I understand the argument and don't fault people for taking 4-5 guys in front of him but Mahomes is so good and they are both so young. That D worries me. I don't want that KC D getting any better......
I would have a hard time arguing from a fantasy standpoint but I think he meant best WR from a player standpoint. I just think Nuk is QB proof because you throw it anywhere and he catches it. Hill hasn’t had a #### QB yet so not fair to him to say he’s not QB proof tho. 

Mahomes is getting all of the love, and for good reason as he has been fantastic, but a strong argument could be made that Tyreek Hill is the most valuable player on the Chiefs offense.  I don't think it it is unreasonable to suggest that Hill scares the living daylights out of every DC in the NFL.  

As for best WR in the NFL, it is hard to say yet that he is unquestionably the best, but he is in the conversation right now.  He is not just a deep threat who runs fast and catches bombs.  He is tough and can run the route tree.  I was wrong about this guy...he is a phenomenal player. 

I got snickered at picking him at 2.10, then proceeding to talk #### the rest of the draft about how I got the #1 wr. Bloom bloom!

I would have a hard time arguing from a fantasy standpoint but I think he meant best WR from a player standpoint. I just think Nuk is QB proof because you throw it anywhere and he catches it. Hill hasn’t had a #### QB yet so not fair to him to say he’s not QB proof tho. 
He's going to play with Mahomes his entire peak barring injury to Mahomes. We'll never know but he did help Alex Smith have his best season ever. 

It's close.  He's got the best suited QB for him, the best suited offensive system for him, and the best suited play calling for him.  Put AB, Hopkins, OBJ in this offense and they'd be destroying people too, just in different ways.
Yep and he's not done developing. Either is Mahomes.......would love to see the D get worse. Even so if Tyreek stays at #1 this year he will be projected as the #1 WR in FF going into next year. 

In today’s NFL ....not sure you have to worry about the Chiefs defense “staying bad”...teams realize with rules in place  that there really is something to be said for keeping your foot on the gas...and with the mentality I think these players and this coach have...it’s probably not something to worry about...I think they want to post 40 points whether the other team has 39 or 3...

In today’s NFL ....not sure you have to worry about the Chiefs defense “staying bad”...teams realize with rules in place  that there really is something to be said for keeping your foot on the gas...and with the mentality I think these players and this coach have...it’s probably not something to worry about...I think they want to post 40 points whether the other team has 39 or 3...
The rules help but I would like to see as many games scripts as possible where the chiefs are down and throwing to catch up. It could take Tyreek to an even higher level.... 

The rules help but I would like to see as many games scripts as possible where the chiefs are down and throwing to catch up. It could take Tyreek to an even higher level.... 
Not sure I agree with this. 

Chiefs were down late against Rams and Mahomes tried to force it to a double- or triple-covered Hill, and got picked twice. 

Ok, here's a scenario for you...who would you rather have in a PPR league, Barkley or Hill? If you're offered Barkley for Hill, are you even tempted? Obviously it would depend on what you have at RB vs. what you have at WR, but is it something you'd at least give consideration to?

Ok, here's a scenario for you...who would you rather have in a PPR league, Barkley or Hill? If you're offered Barkley for Hill, are you even tempted? Obviously it would depend on what you have at RB vs. what you have at WR, but is it something you'd at least give consideration to?
I'd take Barkley in a heartbeat.

In PPR Barkley all day. But there's an entire forum for that. 😎

It's Hill for me in dynasty at this point. He's in a more stable situation........def feel that most people would take Barkley because of the positional value. 

I also see Barkley's value dropping (look at DJ this year) when the offense gets a rookie QB. Where I see Hill/Mahomes improving and being pretty stable the next 5-6 years......

Tyreek Hill has drawn double-digit targets in all three games in which Sammy Watkins has either played fewer than 15 snaps or missed entirely.

Hill has averaged 12.3 targets with Watkins hurt and 7.1 targets in Kansas City's other eight games. Although we can't expect this small-sample split stat to carry over directly to Week 13, it does suggest Hill has an elevated target expectation with Watkins on the shelf. (Watkins is ruled out for Week 13 at Oakland with a foot injury.) You can read more splits and game-specific tidbits in Evan Silva's Week 13 Matchups column, accessible at the link below.

Source: Silva's Week 13 Matchups 

Dec 2 - 3:05 AM

A bunch of drops on his part and Mahomes missed him numerous times as well. Just a bad game all around for these two.
Mahomes missed him on two huge plays. One underthrown ball on one play that would have been a long TD and an overthrown ball on another play that would have been a 50+ yard TD. Tyreek alao dropped and easy 20 yard completion. So Tyreek had 6 points when he easily could have had 30+. It's never a good time for these games to happen but it's well within the likely outcomes. 

Mahomes missed him on two huge plays. One underthrown ball on one play that would have been a long TD and an overthrown ball on another play that would have been a 50+ yard TD. Tyreek alao dropped and easy 20 yard completion. So Tyreek had 6 points when he easily could have had 30+. It's never a good time for these games to happen but it's well within the likely outcomes. 
Didn’t see game; did he have numerous drops or one?

Milkman said:
It was a very good time for a game like that....Week 13 with a Fantasy Playoff spot already clinched.

JackReacher said:
Didn’t see game; did he have numerous drops or one?

creepythinman said:
I saw only one drop on a pass that he should've actually caught.

dcgangstas said:
It was one drop.  Mahomes missed Tyreek twice.  Should have been a monster game.
I saw at least 3 that I would call drops. Weren't easy catches but he should have come down with them. One was egregious, the other two were iffy but imo were catchable balls, especially Tyreek's athleticism. 

Milkman said:
Good to know.  Single-handedly cost me two FFPC 'Ships.  'Specially since one of my opponents had Kelcey!

Chalk it up to bad luck and hope he crushes in the championship round and in regular league playoffs.

Dr. Octopus said:
I'm not sure there are many situations worse for Barkley than Eli Manning and the current o-line.
Offenses tend to be better with elite QB and they are hard to find. KC has one. NYG do not. 

Something I've learned this year is also that coaching makes a bigger difference than people want to admit. Goff and DJ taught me that.......

If  I hang on to win, I’m facing either Mahomes or Kelce next week. Would really be nice to have him available 

Tyreek Hill told NBC Sports' Peter King his foot is "bad."

Hill was in and out of the Chiefs' win over the Ravens, but he came up with big plays when it mattered. "Our people did a tremendous job wrapping my foot," Hill said. "I was still feeling my heel, but at the same time, I knew that man, if you want the W, if you want to be a great receiver, this is your moment to make plays." It is promising Hill was able to play through the injury on Sunday, but now he faces a short week to get ready for the Chargers on Thursday night. His practice status should be closely monitored all week. Dec 10 - 9:36 AM

Source: Football Morning in America

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11458/tyreek-hill

Barkley is the easy choice.......and I am a huge Tyreek Hill fan.

When you can put 18+ pts on the RB1 line in PPR practically EVERY week, nothing is more valuable than that.

I got a feeling he heals up pretty quickly this week with treatment and then gives it a go Thursday....he will then have 10 days to let it heal again....he won't be 100% but they can limit the pain

With them battling for homefield advantage, he will be out there fighting for that. He could be just a decoy though.

Users who are viewing this thread