What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

The prosecutor already stated that a crime was clearly committed but they couldn't prove who did it. But if they know it was one of the parents but can't prove which one, child services can still remove the child from the home since they know one of the abusers lives there.
I work for child services and know how it works.  That is why i warned against anyone buying Hill.  I stated this was worst case scenario from T. Hill perspective and child services.  

I broke it all down in this thread.  I recommend reading it all to understand child services perspective.

can any legal people chime in - how does this audio work as evidence if they want to send him to jail?

I'm assuming at this point Crystal Espinal will work with the authorities.
Curious as well, seems like she will also have to plead to a lessor charge of some sort since on this tape she is admitting to lying to prosecutors and covering for him. What would be the chain of custody on this tape, is it even admittable as some sort of evidence?

I would guess NFL exempt list and cut by KC assuming this recording is legit. Not sure what he would have to do in order to make it back into the league. I imagine let the authorities work it out, serve whatever time he has too whether that is none, a year, 2 years, whatever and then complete some mandatory counseling for a while before being considered back in the league. Assuming he can keep his nose clean the rest of that time.

I found the audio pretty bad - not only did Hill abuse his child, but he would still probably beat the **** out of his fiance.
the thing i am responding to is the fact that everyone knew the child was removed from him and this tape came out.

Just based on the tape, I did not find it that bad.  I was saying this was mild compared to the evidence known by child services to remove his child.

No the worst part is that he is guilty AF and everyone now knows it and can't deny it. With the possible exception of whether this thing is fabricated somehow. Not buying it, though. But yeah *technically*.
You are coming after the wrong person.  I was warning against him before.  I don't want to repeat again, but child services had way more on him than this to remove his child especially since they act on clear and convincing evidence, when my state only needs preponderance of the evidence. 

the thing i am responding to is the fact that everyone knew the child was removed from him and this tape came out.

Just based on the tape, I did not find it that bad.  I was saying this was mild compared to the evidence known by child services to remove his child.
OK, Gotcha.

Sorry man.  I know he's got issues, but the NFL has a long list of talented guys who still play despite terrible decisions.  Give it a year, a team will sign him, and we will all be drafting him in fantasy again.  It's reality.
I don't think a team will have a chance.  I think he gets banned from the league.

How much worse can it be than the kid saying dad abuses him, the abuse being a regular occurrence beyond just the broken arm, him threatening Espinal if she doesn't keep quiet, and her admitting that she lied to cover up his guilt in breaking the kid's arm?
I think you are basing it off something different than me.

First off, I said when he child was removed this was bad news.  When we remove children this it the last case scenario which means suspected physical abuse was likely the case since we heard the child's arm was broken.  At least we suspect someone in the household broke the child's arm and no one would confess.

I am saying child services had way more evidence to go on to remove the child and the reason this story is big is because it is gaining traction which now should affect his FF value.

"Which you do when he starts crying. What do you do? You make him open up his arms & you punch him in the chest."

6:24 PM · Apr 25, 2019
W...T...F...

This made me throw up in my mouth.

And I traded Julio and Cook for this POS last year. 

W...T...F...

This made me throw up in my mouth.

And I traded Julio and Cook for this POS last year. 
Traded Evans and Cook prior to week 1 last year for him... oh well....good thing it is only magic football. Dude has demons. I hope they get this kid out of his reach. Selfishly bummed for football though, Mahomes and him could have made a lot highlights. 

Traded Evans and Cook prior to week 1 last year for him... oh well....good thing it is only magic football. Dude has demons. I hope they get this kid out of his reach. Selfishly bummed for football though, Mahomes and him could have made a lot highlights. 
They were the perfect match......but the kid def comes first. #### Tyreek. 

pbandy1 said:
I found the audio pretty bad - not only did Hill abuse his child, but he would still probably beat the **** out of his fiance.
That’s been the rumor. She’s a teacher. In the past has apparently  told friends at work he still beats her. 

I’m just hearing this. Where did the audio tape come from? Hate to say I’m happy but I am. Feel terrible for the poor child but atleast now this POS won’t get off scot free.
Supposedly the story is the wife secretly recorded it back in March and sent it to a friend as an “insurance policy.” Said unknown friend shared it with others, one of whom has now sent it to the news.

Supposedly the story is the wife secretly recorded it back in March and sent it to a friend as an “insurance policy.” Said unknown friend shared it with others, one of whom has now sent it to the news.
Girlfriend admits to lying to the DA and CPS. Wonder if she rolls on him now or if she doubles down and says it was all bull.

The thing this audio does is it says Hill was the one alone with the child when his arm was broken. DA said it was abuse but basically didn’t know which parent did it. 

They will release Hill tomorrow morning. They are waiting til after this first round so they don’t take away from this NFL show.

Just my opinion. But it’s gonna happen tomorrow. Hell, maybe tonight.

That audio is as damning as a video. A lot of those undersells on Hill may look like the shark move when it is all said and done.

His departure will leave the league less entertaining. 

Was really hoping the guy wasn’t that bad of a person. Could have had the 1.1 straight up for him but sort of have a win now team and don’t love anyone in this class so declined it and the other owner wouldn’t go up more. Don’t know how long a possible prison sentence would be for him but I don’t think it matters if the chiefs cut him right now or not, he’s not playing anytime soon.

Wonder if there is any remorse or regret or realization on Hill’s end. From beating his pregnant girlfriend....becoming an NFL superstar....*essentially being “forgiven” by the public for his prior horrific incident...being on the brink of being the highest paid at his position...to now where he may never step foot on the field again...

*By forgiven I mean if he continued on the straight path he would have continued to be embraced and cheered on by the many fans and financially rewarded. I am sure there are still a number of people who may have always looked at him in a negative light.

It is unfortunate in a lot of regards. What he did to his girlfriend was awful. But in a lot of ways I always hope that someone who makes a terrible decision can reform and change for the better. As the years passed I found myself rooting for him as in the back of my mind I thought he may be a changed man. It is a full circle story that does not have a happy ending. This will rightfully so put character at a higher pedestal when teams are drafting. Makes me think about Joe Mixon again. Has he reformed or is he a ticking time bomb waiting to go off again?

It also makes me wonder what the NFL is doing as far as guidance and consultation. These are young kids coming into a lot of money and many of them come from awful upbringings (not an excuse for awful behavior btw). They could benefit from periodic consulting and counseling I would imagine. It seems like teams would benefit by having these people on staff not only to potentially spot warning signs but help these young people (many of which don’t have strong role models in their lives) grow and become good men.

Bottomline is I hope the kid can escape the abuse and find someone who will care for him. From afar it seems like both his parents have other agendas.

What a shame we have to talk around the real problems we have out there.  I will try and talk in a matter where I don't get in trouble.

I'm betting Hill came from a broken home only raised by his mom or grandma.  So he grew up without any male guidance. 

I better leave it at that. Other than seeing what I can find about his father.

I did find this...

He was raised by his grandparents, their last name was Hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
While not responsible for Hill directly, I think the Chiefs and NFL should sponsor in trust the care of his son going forward. Don’t let his mother or father have access to a dime. There is a strong likelihood that this boy and his unborn siblings now grow up in a low income and dysfunctional home. The boy shouldn’t suffer because someone cared enough about him to release the truth about his abuse from both parents (emotional and physical).

https://www.kctv5.com/news/investigations/kctv-obtains-recording-of-tyreek-hill-and-crystal-espinal-discussing/article_16991194-67ad-11e9-98f9-c7214b78938f.html

I don’t personally have any experience knowing someone raised like this, but this is heartbreaking to imagine a child REPEATEDLY abused like this. Hill should go to prison and I understand he’s probably a tough dude as a world class athlete but I don’t think inmates take kindly to child beaters.

I hope that that child finds himself in a home with parents that can maybe undo some of that harm.

Have to say she’s a POS too. Sounds like she also beats her kid and was willing to put his safety and well being behind a big payday.
I didn't listen to audio but have to consider that she's afraid of additional abuse too so her actions could be influenced by that.

I didn't listen to audio but have to consider that she's afraid of additional abuse too so her actions could be influenced by that.
That's what I thought. I also thought that by giving her recording to a friend and having it released she was putting herself, a pregnant mom with twins, in considerable danger knowing his penchant for violence. I'm going to say without knowing her plan, she may have been putting things into motion that would attempt to protect her unborn. Why she chose to stay with him after the first incident will always puzzle me about victims, but that's a discussion for another day. I hope the kid is in a place where he is safe and loved and can learn that not everyone out there is out to hurt him.

After listening to the audio, it's real obvious this guy needs to be locked up and taken off the streets...bro.  The guy is an idiot to begin with a dangerous one....bro.

He should never been given another shot at all.  You smack a pregnant woman around you will not play football for any school anywhere ever,  much less the NFL.....bro.

Hopefully McMahon wouldn't...........

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread