What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (10 Viewers)

It's slowly going away because there's no proof. If something substantial comes out it'll be back on the front page. If not it's going to go away more and more. 

It's slowly going away because there's no proof. If something substantial comes out it'll be back on the front page. If not it's going to go away more and more. 
Proof of what? I think people are a bit too hung up on the broken arm.  He would be getting suspended even if the broken arm wasnt part of the equation.  How long who knows, but I would bet anything he gets suspended.

Anarchy99 said:
Well, the media seems to be doing a way better job than law enforcement, child and family services, or the NFL. Doubtful this just goes away on its own.

Don’t be fooled.  The depths that the NFL probes are extraordinarily thorough.  However, the league seems almost impervious to leaks of information about the investigation until it is completed.

Proof of what? I think people are a bit too hung up on the broken arm.  He would be getting suspended even if the broken arm wasnt part of the equation.  How long who knows, but I would bet anything he gets suspended.
Suspended sure but maybe only because of that tape. Before the tape he was looking at 0-4 games tops with no charges. Now he's probably looking at 4-8 with him appealing that and getting it reduced 1-2 games. 

Suspended sure but maybe only because of that tape. Before the tape he was looking at 0-4 games tops with no charges. Now he's probably looking at 4-8 with him appealing that and getting it reduced 1-2 games. 
I disagree with you initial assessment of as little as 2 games and there are pages and pages of reasons why. Hill is now a multi time DV offender. We now know he was the one that social services removed from the household and now he is not currently living with his son. As already indicated, what he did was worse than ADP (15 games) and Hunt (8 games). Even without the audio tape, I don’t see how he would have gotten less than 8 games. 

But we still probably have a long way to go until this is all played out. Again, there are no games to be played anytime soon, and I think that’s why the league is content to stay out of things for now. 

I disagree with you initial assessment of as little as 2 games and there are pages and pages of reasons why. Hill is now a multi time DV offender. We now know he was the one that social services removed from the household and now he is not currently living with his son. As already indicated, what he did was worse than ADP (15 games) and Hunt (8 games). Even without the audio tape, I don’t see how he would have gotten less than 8 games. 

But we still probably have a long way to go until this is all played out. Again, there are no games to be played anytime soon, and I think that’s why the league is content to stay out of things for now. 
He didn't admit to doing anything worse than AP and there is no video tape if him doing anything worse. That's the difference and why I don't agree with 8 games. 

Not to get too technical or defensive here...(I know right).....but what exactly is his second or third or whatever DV offense that he has been charged and convicted with to make him a multi time DV offender.

Last edited by a moderator:

Social Services (CPS) doesn’t remove parents from the home.  The parents decide who goes.  They could have decided he stayed in the home and she went elsewhere (hotel or whatever).  (CPS) makes sure the kids are safe and that may mean that the kid cannot be around one or both. If they would have left the child in the custody of the mother, Hill still could have stayed in the home if the mom and child went elsewhere. It’s up to the parents to figure out how to meet whatever CPS decides needs to be done for the safety of the child. He is (temporarily) not living with his son, but neither is she. We don’t know that what he did was worse than ADP, because we still don’t even know what he did or didn’t do. The tape was bad in that he said she should be scared of him, but I doubt that classifies as something to actually charge him with DV.  Enough for the NFL to suspend him...?...you bet....because he does have a past history and thats not something you say if you have “learned your lesson”.  He pleaded guilty to his last offense and did everything that was required to the point of having it “expunged” from his record which in real court (not NFL court) almost means its like it never happened. But the league doesn’t have to pretend like it never happened. Even if it turns out that he gets cleared of all allegations of abuse, he should still be suspended for what he said to her.  

Nobody likes it... but all we still have right now is a child that has been temporarily removed form the custody of both of his parents. An audio where Hill threatens his fiancé. Hill being told by the Chiefs to stay away. Hill denying all allegations of abuse against him. Texts where the mother admits to the abuse.

Traded Keenan Allen and Vance McDonald for 2020 1st, David Njoku, Royce Freeman, Josh Adams, and.... Tyreek Hill.   Feel good about it - even if he sits out the whole year.  I believe he will be back. 

Stinkin Ref said:
Nobody likes it... but all we still have right now is a child that has been temporarily removed form the custody of both of his parents. An audio where Hill threatens his fiancé. Hill being told by the Chiefs to stay away. Hill denying all allegations of abuse against him. Texts where the mother admits to the abuse.
Texts where the mother admits to some abuse. Doesn’t mean she’s solely responsible for or saying she did all abuse ever. I doubt the NFL will take those texts as definitively meaning that she’s saying Hill never did it. If the texts are even to be believed. Sadly I’d be willing to bet that they both have excessively hit their son as a form of discipline. But the NFL doesn’t care about her role in it. His role in the situation looks bad enough.

Interesting. I'm considering trying to move in a similar Hill/Brown swap. I'm best team in league and believe Hill is back in 2020 but need 2019 help at WR.
FWIW it was a new owner, he made me several offers I kept rejecting because I have a young team and brown didn’t really fit. To his credit he listened when I said I didn’t want to move my young guys and came back with this offer. 

Yeah because "you should be terrified of me too, #####" is a totally reasonable response to someone saying you beat your son and he's terrified of you.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying...  

I was saying, people say fu##ng stupid sh#t when they fight and argue. I know it's not the wisest thing to say, but he said it, didn't mean he did it. "I'm gonna kill you man" might have been said thousands times and usually it does not mean someone is going to kill someone. So, it was a wrong place to say it, irresponsible yes, but it does not mean Tyreek should be sent to moon? Internet is the best place to make people look bad, and Tyreek gave us plenty of ammunition for that, it does not mean he's just pure evil, I can think few presidents that are more evil than Tyreek ;)  not saying anything about the one who is now in charge. 

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying...  

I was saying, people say fu##ng stupid sh#t when they fight and argue. I know it's not the wisest thing to say, but he said it, didn't mean he did it. "I'm gonna kill you man" might have been said thousands times and usually it does not mean someone is going to kill someone. So, it was a wrong place to say it, irresponsible yes, but it does not mean Tyreek should be sent to moon? Internet is the best place to make people look bad, and Tyreek gave us plenty of ammunition for that, it does not mean he's just pure evil, I can think few presidents that are more evil than Tyreek ;)  not saying anything about the one who is now in charge. 
Once I was arguing with my girlfriend (now wife) and we had been drinking. Now, I don’t get physical when I’m mad (like punching walls or anything like that.) I made some grandiose point and for emphasis I decided to kick a clothes basket that was sitting there. My foot went right through it, so now, as I’m making this point I’m trying to shake a clothes basket off my foot and it won’t come loose, and she starts laughing, which makes me even more mad for a second until I too was laughing. Kind of wish we had a recording of that.

12 Team PPR

Sent AJG, Chris Carson and 4.1

For Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. 

Im ok with Hill missing a year. I think he latches on next year and is only 26 then. 

I suppose that is possible, but I'd be shocked if he gets less than the 8 games that Hunt got.

As far as the appeal, he's appealing to the league.  They arent' going to say "8 games," then change it immediately just because he appeals.

Once I was arguing with my girlfriend (now wife) and we had been drinking. Now, I don’t get physical when I’m mad (like punching walls or anything like that.) I made some grandiose point and for emphasis I decided to kick a clothes basket that was sitting there. My foot went right through it, so now, as I’m making this point I’m trying to shake a clothes basket off my foot and it won’t come loose, and she starts laughing, which makes me even more mad for a second until I too was laughing. Kind of wish we had a recording of that.
Have you learned nothing from all these instances?  Video is what gets you in trouble.  TMZ would have ran with that and you would have been suspended.  You are lucky there was no video.

He said Hill was the one social services removed from the household.....thats not how it works

CPS needs to make sure the child is safe....and this child was placed in the care of others and it is my understanding he is not living in Hills house...CPS did not remove Hill from the house....it may however also have been recommended that its not a good idea for the mom and dad to be around each other....so one of them maybe had to go....it is then up to the mom and dad to figure out who stays and who goes....I believe I saw somewhere that Hill called her or something from a hotel....and that may be the case that the Hill and his fiancé decided it was best for Hill to leave....and for her to stay.....but he very easily could have stayed and she went the hotel or a relatives or whatever...

eta:...now if she was able to retain custody for a little longer than Hill and he was not supposed to be around....yeah it makes sense that he is the one that goes......but he could have stayed and she and the child could have gone elsewhere....but in those cases they usually want to have as little disruption for the child as possible

I think one of the most important things is that the child was not allowed to be visited by Hill but could be visited by the mother in a supervised visit.  That may be an important distinction the league may use against Hill.  Regardless if the rumors of the child having bruises etc are accurate then someone has to be held accountable for that.  The league can't bring in the wife but they can Hill.  He has to prove to them (Potentially if the league takes the stance) that the mother did it all.  If he does provide evidence against her the state of Kansas can use it to prosecute her.  Why would she go to jail if she didn't do it?  If she did do it then she should go.  If she didn't do it then and if she covers for him and the league finds out he is lying then Hill doesn't get the big contract and can't pay her off.  The league will take it's time on this and find out as much as they can on this matter.  Season is 4 months away.  Hill has no or little rights unlike a court of law  with the current CBA.  League says there has been child in a dangerous environment in your house forcing the removal of the child, a verbal threat to the mother,  Hill's lack of visitation rights and say that we believe that Hill did it all.  This is an easy stance to take with the previous DV history.  Hill has to overcome all of that. The moment the child was removed from the home for safety reasons it put Hill in immediate jeopardy with the league.  Unless I have missed something and that is very possible, but the child still isn't back in the home.  The longer this goes on the harder for the league to not act in harsh way, as this isnt' being regarded by a Kansas judge as a trivial matter.... The only way I see this coming out in Hills' favor if she goes to jail for him in hopes of getting some of his next contract or if the league just wants to turn a blind eye.  That would be highly dangerous for the league business wise.  Hill also has to sweat this out for whatever stature of limitations are on this type of crime in Kansas as they can reopen or decide to prosecute at any time.  Any contract that Hill gets will have clauses on what money he gets and when even if he doesn't get suspended at all (unlikely).  Any team signing Hill wont' just give him a huge bonus upfront with the risk he involves.  They will do it with roster bonuses backloaded at the end of the contract.  

The time to cut him for the public opinion bump was when the audio recording news broke right before they drafted "his replacement".

They are obviously hoping he continues playing for them. 

It's been 3 full weeks since a decision was reportedly expected. 
I know some want him to play this year and possibly lead their teams to victory. Alas, I am honestly ashamed for us, the NFL, and society to have to decide weather or not this "man" should be on my fake FB team. For the record: I'm gonna pass. I hope it doesn't kill my prospects for wins but in the end it's worth it. Too much smoke and fire to ignore. Can't do it.  Chiefs should be ashamed of the stance they've taken. Facts are some team would pick him up though and that is where modern football is now.  It's hard to be a fan now. Teams will move to another city and/or allow their employees to abuse drugs women and kids as well as charge outrageous prices for tickets and concessions all the while. It's a Billionaires world and we just live in it.

Chiefs should be ashamed of the stance they've taken.
To be fair the Chiefs haven't taken any stance yet, really. It's easy to see that he's very likely guilty of something very serious but there's absolutely no rush for them to do anything until all the facts come out.

They've barred him from team activities for the time being and are waiting to see what comes to light. I think that's reasonable.  

To be fair the Chiefs haven't taken any stance yet, really. It's easy to see that he's very likely guilty of something very serious but there's absolutely no rush for them to do anything until all the facts come out.

They've barred him from team activities for the time being and are waiting to see what comes to light. I think that's reasonable.  
To be fair the chiefs have ignored what has transpired to date. They want to keep him and that is obvious. Just ask RB Hunt.

Also out of all I said this is your take? What about the rest of my post?

So puzzled why anyone feels need for NFL or Chiefs to do anything more then what has already been done which is not allowing him to participate in team activities. It's the off season, he's not drawing a paycheck and he's not participating in any team activities. What more needs to be done now that can't wait for an investigation to wrap up? 

saw this blurb on rotoworld.....I may have missed it earlier in other reports, but this is the first I remember seeing a claim that a hospital determined the child's broken arm being an accident....

Tyreek Hill's representation has issued a "detailed denial" to the NFL of the child abuse accusations against Hill.

"(Hill) categorically denies he has ever 'punched' his son in the chest or anywhere on his body, or otherwise touched him in the chest in a mean-spirited manner or as a form of discipline," Hill's lawyer said. They then go on to claim a hospital determined Hill's son's broken arm was an accident, before insinuating that Hill's fiancee has left marks on the child in the past. Although the Chiefs have indefinitely suspended Hill from all team activities, there has yet to be any indication his release is imminent.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

May 2, 2019, 1:29 PM ET

To be fair the chiefs have ignored what has transpired to date. They want to keep him and that is obvious. Just ask RB Hunt.

Also out of all I said this is your take? What about the rest of my post?
to be fair.....if the Chiefs were ignoring what has transpired to date....why then did they ban him from team activities.....?....

Of course they did. It's their job. Are they going to say he did it even if they know he did? No way
my point of posting that mostly was that they claim a hospital indicated the broken arm was an accident.....if that is true there are probably some medical reports to back it up....if the broken arm was the result of an accident and they have medical reports to back it up.....that would seem to change things a little.... :shrug:

my point of posting that mostly was that they claim a hospital indicated the broken arm was an accident.....if that is true there are probably some medical reports to back it up....if the broken arm was the result of an accident and they have medical reports to back it up.....that would seem to change things a little.... :shrug:
It’s a lawyer’s job to spin doctor things to make his client look better. Many times the truth isn’t a big factor in that. It may or may not be something the hospital determined. But now it’s out there and some people will simply say it’s an accident because the attorney said so. 

It’s a lawyer’s job to spin doctor things to make his client look better. Many times the truth isn’t a big factor in that. It may or may not be something the hospital determined. But now it’s out there and some people will simply say it’s an accident because the attorney said so. 
Fair enough......however if there are indeed hospital records indicating it was related to an accident you would think that the NFL/Chiefs would try to get a hold of them and that Hill and his attorneys would try to make sure that have access to them and that it will be taken into account and possibly have a pretty big impact on the length of any possible suspension.....

the phone call is bad enough for a suspension on its own but he wold probably be looking at much longer if there was some proof of abuse on top of it.....lack of abuse probbaly changes the narrative in terms of how the Chiefs handle him as well as the NFL....as “technically” all you have is the threat....(when I say “all” I am not trying to minimize)

Aren't broken bones usually because of an accident.? 

Tyreek: "it was an accident. I didn't mean to break his arm."
Bruce Willis in The Last Boy Scout "It was an accident?!?!  What do you mean? You tripped and fell and stuck your *%#÷ in my wife?"

Sorry. I have absolutely nothing to add to this discussion. 

Aren't broken bones usually because of an accident.? 

Tyreek: "it was an accident. I didn't mean to break his arm."
I've broken other people's bones on accident as well.

Slammed my brothers finger in a car door. Finger.

Hit a doubles partner with racket on over head. Forearm.

Ran under a dude shooting a jumper. Foot/ankle.

I've broken other people's bones on accident as well.

Slammed my brothers finger in a car door. Finger.

Hit a doubles partner with racket on over head. Forearm.

Ran under a dude shooting a jumper. Foot/ankle.
Maybe Hill was playing tennis with his three year old.

I played tennis at 3.  Maybe.

I have hurt my kids playing/wrestling as well... no broken bones, but some bumps and bruises for sure.
Did CPS come and investigate and take your kids away?

It's possible this was an accident - but I'm not taking Hill's lawyer's word for it and anyone that does is a fool. But when you add 1+1+1+1, 4 is the logical conclusion. The kid broke his arm and went to the hospital, some one called CPS (likely because they suspected something), CPS decided to remove the child from the home, it was Hill who lost custody at first not the mother, the child has not been returned yet, the tape was released that shows Hill has some anger issues (at best), and the only thing in Hill's favor are hysterically scripted text messages - it all adds up to Hill being a bad actor here.

Now I don't think the NFL should act yet, and I don't think the Chiefs should do anything yet, and will admit there's some chance nothing "bad" happened here - but imo it does not look good for Hill at this point.

Did CPS come and investigate and take your kids away?

It's possible this was an accident - but I'm not taking Hill's lawyer's word for it and anyone that does is a fool. But when you add 1+1+1+1, 4 is the logical conclusion. The kid broke his arm, the hospital called CPS (likely because they suspected something), CPS decided to remove the child from the home and also forced Hill to leave, the child has not been returned yet, the tape was released where Hill shows some anger issues (at best), and the only thing in Hill's favor are hysterically scripted text messages - it all adds up to Hill being a bad actor here.

Now I don't think the NFL should act yet, and I don't think the Chiefs should do anything yet, and will admit there's some chance nothing "bad" happened here - but imo it does not look good for Hill at this point.
If CPS came and investigated it, it wouldn't be hard to make these assumptions about me that you are making about Hill.  Was I beating my kids?  I would definitely explain it was an accident.  He fell off while riding around the living room on your back and bumped his head on a chair?  You were showing your kids how to set a pick and one fell down?  Sure buddy, sure.  I've even yelled at my wife before!  I think I have even referred to my kids as dumbasses on texts with my wife.

This is the reality TV garbage that really is making sports insufferable lately.  So many people deem themselves the expert over another person's life on the basis of what they are fed by the media.

If Hill did something and can't play - don't play him.  If he didn't - great play him.  I don't know or care to know about the guy's personal life.  I want to watch football.

Users who are viewing this thread