What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

I think it depends on what gets uncovered in the investigation. Honestly I think something happened here and I don't buy the lawyers spin on what "you better be scared of me" means (it is their job to create reasonable doubt) but the NFL can only go by what is out there. If there's no smoking gun (like a video tape) what can they really do?

I'll predict six games for now based on the DV standard - but we'll see what the CPS records show - perhaps there's some damning evidence in there because based on what we know the child has still not been returned. On the flip side he could be returned next week.

I know a certain poster that lacks perspective and apparently has difficulty with context mocked my "I'll wait and see what happens" in my last post, but that's all we can do at this point. I traded him away already in dynasty (for a package I'm ok with) and my redraft is two months away. 
Did you miss:

And on our board we're going to stop being ##### bags to each other with the cute slap fights and told you so's. We're going to keep it where the goal is 100% of what people post is about the player and zero is taking shots or snarky passive aggressive swipes at other posters. 

If that works for people, we'd love for them to continue posting here. 

Full Stop. No discussion on that point. 
If you can do that, you're welcome to post. If you continue to ignore it after you get back, you won't be posting here. 

Did you miss:

If you can do that, you're welcome to post. If you continue to ignore it after you get back, you won't be posting here. 

This may very well be my last post at this board.  I’m tired of the sanctimonious crap.  The initiators seem to be able to post relentlessly and precipitate some slight retaliation in responses, and the responders get blamed and banned.  I’ve found a different spot where the FF knowledge is just as strong as it is here and there is tolerance for the human element and some personal passion and back-and -forth.  

I’m not sure what the board goal is here, unless it is to turn it into a dry info-only location.  If that’s the case you’re going to lose a lot of valuable contributors who like me will tire quickly of the iron hand and completely uneven application of the intolerant rules.  You want to see the end result - stop over at the Huddle FF forums and look at the desert of valuable contributor information that they have become.  They used to have as strong or stronger board than here, or did you forget those days?

You’ve forgotten what made you one of the most desirable FF sites on the internet.  First the turn into being shills for the daily services and now this ham handed attempt to stop “even 1%” of anything other than football information in any post.  It’s your business and your prerogative to run it any way you please, obviously.  Just be careful that you may get what you wish for.

My advice would be that you may want to revisit what got you where you are right now, but I have a feeling it will fall on deaf ears.  But if you’re banning guys like Doc for such a slight addition to a response while letting others continue to agitate continually from the lead position or to rigidly enforce your recent zero tolerance policy, you’re going to lose some very valuable resources - who by the way provide tremendous insight and knowledge and don’t ask for a dime in consideration and just want a chance to engage socially with others like themselves as the cost to FBGs for that resource.

With that, adios. It was great fun and a tremendous resource and social community - while it was fun.  Now?  Not so much one and likely soon not so much the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to Bronco Billy's post above.

My last football related post was in May. It's like most things in life, they just go on without you. But at the risk of sounding arrogant I thought I was someone, along with many others, who provided solid contribution to these boards, who added value. I'm just one person, no one here is that important,  but this one person lost his desire back in May to continue to contribute or add any kind of value to these boards for the reasons mentioned in the above post.

menobrown said:
To add to Bronco Billy's post above.

My last football related post was in May. It's like most things in life, they just go on without you. But at the risk of sounding arrogant I thought I was someone, along with many others, who provided solid contribution to these boards, who added value. I'm just one person, no one here is that important,  but this one person lost his desire back in May to continue to contribute or add any kind of value to these boards for the reasons mentioned in the above post.
Not sure what Billy posted but he trolls literally 80% of the time. At least he did with me. I really tried hard to think back about a post where he posted his thoughts on a player in our interactions and I couldn't. I did look more into his posts thinking I missed stuff and I saw some stuff. So i guess he just enjoyed trolling me. I probably deserved it but I'm happy that I moved on. I'll continue to post here but def not as much and I'm just going to post my thoughts and move on. No more back and forth for me. 

Bronco Billy said:
This may very well be my last post at this board.  I’m tired of the sanctimonious crap.  The initiators seem to be able to post relentlessly and precipitate some slight retaliation in responses, and the responders get blamed and banned.  I’ve found a different spot where the FF knowledge is just as strong as it is here and there is tolerance for the human element and some personal passion and back-and -forth.  

I’m not sure what the board goal is here, unless it is to turn it into a dry info-only location.  If that’s the case you’re going to lose a lot of valuable contributors who like me will tire quickly of the iron hand and completely uneven application of the intolerant rules.  You want to see the end result - stop over at the Huddle FF forums and look at the desert of valuable contributor information that they have become.  They used to have as strong or stronger board than here, or did you forget those days?

You’ve forgotten what made you one of the most desirable FF sites on the internet.  First the turn into being shills for the daily services and now this ham handed attempt to stop “even 1%” of anything other than football information in any post.  It’s your business and your prerogative to run it any way you please, obviously.  Just be careful that you may get what you wish for.

My advice would be that you may want to revisit what got you where you are right now, but I have a feeling it will fall on deaf ears.  But if you’re banning guys like Doc for such a slight addition to a response while letting others continue to agitate continually from the lead position or to rigidly enforce your recent zero tolerance policy, you’re going to lose some very valuable resources - who by the way provide tremendous insight and knowledge and don’t ask for a dime in consideration and just want a chance to engage socially with others like themselves as the cost to FBGs for that resource.

With that, adios. It was great fun and a tremendous resource and social community - while it was fun.  Now?  Not so much one and likely soon not so much the others.
I've found octopus to be one of the least confrontational posters on here. I think maybe the mod needs a day off to clear their perspective. 

Not sure what Billy posted but he trolls literally 80% of the time. At least he did with me. I really tried hard to think back about a post where he posted his thoughts on a player in our interactions and I couldn't. I did look more into his posts thinking I missed stuff and I saw some stuff. So i guess he just enjoyed trolling me. I probably deserved it but I'm happy that I moved on. I'll continue to post here but def not as much and I'm just going to post my thoughts and move on. No more back and forth for me. 
It has more to do with the mod giving a timeout to Dr. Oc, who is one of the most level-headed dudes on this forum, for some tiny minor remark made in passing while things 1000x worse in this thread have gone ignored by the mods.

Probably a reflection of the mod being just some staffer disconnected from the forum who responds only to individually reported posts rather than someone who actually participates in the forum and follows along and has some idea of what is going on, which is who should be handling mod duties.

I know the forum Bronco is referring to and the mods there are among the most active posters themselves so things run much more smoothly without these kind of issues.  This is a great forum and a super valuable resource but that's really the one thing that has slacked off over the years.  The staff has become disconnected from it which makes moderating it difficult and uneven.

Bronco Billy said:

This is rich...... coming from you

It has more to do with the mod giving a timeout to Dr. Oc, who is one of the most level-headed dudes on this forum, for some tiny minor remark made in passing while things 1000x worse in this thread have gone ignored by the mods.

Probably a reflection of the mod being just some staffer disconnected from the forum who responds only to individually reported posts rather than someone who actually participates in the forum and follows along and has some idea of what is going on, which is who should be handling mod duties.

I know the forum Bronco is referring to and the mods there are among the most active posters themselves so things run much more smoothly without these kind of issues.  This is a great forum and a super valuable resource but that's really the one thing that has slacked off over the years.  The staff has become disconnected from it which makes moderating it difficult and uneven.
What's the other board?  I've grown tired of this place myself and already left the huddle years ago.  I've never been banned on here but the constant policing by the mods is really annoying.  We're all grown ### men and women!!  If I don't like something I ignore it or handle it.  Dr. Octo is so super chill, seeing him banned is goofy.  This place has become way too much like church.

What's the other board?  I've grown tired of this place myself and already left the huddle years ago.  I've never been banned on here but the constant policing by the mods is really annoying.  We're all grown ### men and women!!  If I don't like something I ignore it or handle it.  Dr. Octo is so super chill, seeing him banned is goofy.  This place has become way too much like church.
FFToday

Exactly how it went down at Huddle too.  A sudden wave of arbitrary and heavy-handed responses aimed at mostly the wrong people got people riled up, and they then got even more heavy-handed and arbitrary and chased a bunch of great posters away.  It's a ghost town now and most of the new blood is horrible.  Will be interesting to see what happens here.

They lost this board years ago when the hoard chased all the good posters away. Some of the same posters complaining were the problem. Nonstop trolling and no posting opinions on players. I will def post more if Bronco Billy is gone and I plan on playing nice from now on.

The board over on FFToday is not nearly as organized or informational as this one. I don't know too much on the other stuff happening around here, but I choose this one. I look around there at times, but this is easily my go to for a fantasy football message board.

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
The board over on FFToday is not nearly as organized or informational as this one. I don't know too much on the other stuff happening around here, but I choose this one. I look around there at times, but this is easily my go to for a fantasy football message board.
It was a joke for the old timers

Funny.  Now that it appears Hill wont be suspended long, people forget the Chiefs just drafted Hardman and Hill has 1 year left on his deal. 

Unless he comes back at a discount, I suspect Hill will leave the Chiefs next year as a FA.  By then Hardman should be ready to take on that role.  Still can't teach speed.  Hardman wont stay on the bench too long for that reason alone.  Mahomes + Hardman is probably the future. 
I doubt it. Hill will play on the last year of his deal this year, and the Chiefs will franchise tag him next year.

That gives them time to judge the fall-out from all of this before they commit any dough to him. If the public outcry dies down and he behaves himself, he should get a contract with the Chiefs. Just my opinion.

Barring further off the field complications, The chiefs aren’t going to just let Hill walk....way too valuable.

I doubt it. Hill will play on the last year of his deal this year, and the Chiefs will franchise tag him next year.

That gives them time to judge the fall-out from all of this before they commit any dough to him. If the public outcry dies down and he behaves himself, he should get a contract with the Chiefs. Just my opinion.
They need the franchise tag for Jones though. 

Yeah, that's the rub. I wouldn't be shocked if they get Jones done now.

Mahomes after this season. Tag Hill and then deal with him the year after.
I think if they do it that way Hill will be 27-28 years old and barring any off field or health situations he'll have 2 more monster seasons under his belt so they'll have to open the bank or let him walk. They could let Hill test the market but he'd be dumb not to take the money. He hasn't made any money yet. 

I think if they do it that way Hill will be 27-28 years old and barring any off field or health situations he'll have 2 more monster seasons under his belt so they'll have to open the bank or let him walk. They could let Hill test the market but he'd be dumb not to take the money. He hasn't made any money yet. 
Yeah he hasn't actually made much money yet in the NFL.  He is due a decent chunk this year but still nowhere near what his production would imply.

I think KC may end up able to lock him up long term after the season at a discount.  Givn how close he was to walking away with nothing he may be willing to settle on a below market deal that still makes him a multi-multi millionaire in guaranteed cash before he has a chance to screw up again.

If Hill only gets 4 games those who drafted early and got him in round 8, 10, 12 and even seen him go in round 17 once in the high stakes contests have already made a huge step in taking the lead in winning the $250,000 prize.

Said it several pages back....yeah KC suspended him from activities but have in a way stood by him around a few twists and turns when much of the general public and court of public opinion were clamoring for him to be released and questioning the Chiefs as a franchise.....just like many in here were......it would have been “easy” for them to cut ties a long time ago and nobody would have said a word....in fact they would have been “applauded”........until........... until it would have maybe been shown to have been a bad decision and they look like idiots for jumping the gun after things played out....but they didn’t make the knee jerk self righteous decision at the time and actually waited to see how things played out and gather the details before convicting and releasing him.....now looking long term for this player it seems like a perfect time to lock him down from both points of view.....contract wise.....at a reasonable deal that helps both....#Mahomes....if there is another QB and team/coach that he would want to go play for, I guess go for it....but KC stood by him thru this and I think when it all shakes out it could be a win win...I think they lock him down to a nice deal....franchise Jones and see if he can repeat....and then work on Mahomes and if Jones is a casualty after that...so be it....Mahomes and the offense is the straw stirring the drink here....you don;t have to have a high paid/player defense to win the SB....heck KC had one of the worst defenses in the league last year and were a coin flip or an offsides penalty away from going to the SB....and with the way those teams played in the SB, probably could have won the damn thing....this dude aint going nowhere....

Just took Tyreek in a FFPC best ball at 3.02...would take him later in redrafts but he'd be going late first round with no suspension in best balls.  Feel good about that value for best balls.
I had him drop to the 4th and 5th. I wasn’t taking a chance waiting any longer. 

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for positive contributions while you were here. 

For those of us here that want to keep it on football and not taking shots at each other, thank you. It should be a great season. 

For those of us here that want to keep it on football and not taking shots at each other, thank you. It should be a great season. 
Well there is difference between a job done and a job well done. It's not fun to police anything but sometimes it's best to admit a mistake and move on.

If your rule is 100% football - you need to go ahead and delete every thread ever created in the Shark Pool.  All of them.  Ever.  Faust's copy and pasting would be the only thing left standing.

Reports circulating that news on Tyreek Hill could come as soon as this Friday, and that the news could be that he will not be given a suspension.

Can't wait for the Mike Florio's meltdown if this happens.

Reports circulating that news on Tyreek Hill could come as soon as this Friday, and that the news could be that he will not be given a suspension.

Can't wait for the Mike Florio's meltdown if this happens.
Finally, some news in here.  Thanx for that.

Said it several pages back....yeah KC suspended him from activities but have in a way stood by him around a few twists and turns when much of the general public and court of public opinion were clamoring for him to be released and questioning the Chiefs as a franchise.....just like many in here were......it would have been “easy” for them to cut ties a long time ago and nobody would have said a word....in fact they would have been “applauded”........until........... until it would have maybe been shown to have been a bad decision and they look like idiots for jumping the gun after things played out....but they didn’t make the knee jerk self righteous decision at the time and actually waited to see how things played out and gather the details before convicting and releasing him.....
All said while results of DCF investigation and assessment of his cooperation with league still pending.  

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2019-tyreek-hill-legal-landscape-before-training-camp

Really strong analysis here.  Lots to unpack and yet to be revealed, but near-certain expectation Hill misses time this year.  And he remains at significant risk of prolonged suspension.
I'm sorry but FBG is not the ones to listen to on this situation. They have been as wrong as you could be from the beginning. They are 2-3 weeks removed from saying he was certain to be cut from the Chiefs. 

I'm sorry but FBG is not the ones to listen to on this situation. They have been as wrong as you could be from the beginning. They are 2-3 weeks removed from saying he was certain to be cut from the Chiefs. 
If it was one of the talking heads, sure.  I don’t recall reading anything that definitive, but I would have taken it with a grain of salt anyway.  What is notable is this contributor at least is a defense attorney and is at least cautious about discussing the parameters of possible outcomes, given his expertise in legal and DCF matters superimposed on assessment of Goodell’s prior history.

Just listen to a local Kansas City Sports radio show, they are very upbeat from what their sources are telling them.  Tyreek possibly meeting with the commish this Thursday.  Use to be a big negative when going to see the commissioner, but after Zeke’s positive outcome, it’s not a guaranteed bad thing anymore.  

If it was one of the talking heads, sure.  I don’t recall reading anything that definitive, but I would have taken it with a grain of salt anyway.  What is notable is this contributor at least is a defense attorney and is at least cautious about discussing the parameters of possible outcomes, given his expertise in legal and DCF matters superimposed on assessment of Goodell’s prior history.
Ok but this article basically says 4 game suspension reduced to 2 is the most likely outcome. It discusses longer suspensions but says at this point those look unlikely. 

Who exactly and with what article are you saying said this? 

This article is the first article from Footballguys Staffer Drew Davenport on the topic. https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2019-tyreek-hill-legal-landscape-before-training-camp

He is a licensed practicing attorney with 17 years of experience in Criminal Defense and extensive experience dealing with child abuse, neglect, and the Department of Children’s Services. 

One of FBG's strengths can also be it's weakness as we have quite a few voices. For what we expect to happen from a legal sense, guys like Drew and Dan HIndery, Maurile Tremblay and Ari Ingel (all Footballguys Staffers and attorneys) are the ones to listen to. Of that bunch, Drew has the most experience with Children's Services. 

And to be super clear, Drew is giving his best opinion on what he thinks will happen. At this point, nothing is certain. 

Who exactly and with what article are you saying said this? 

This article is the first article from Footballguys Staffer Drew Davenport on the topic. https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2019-tyreek-hill-legal-landscape-before-training-camp

He is a licensed practicing attorney with 17 years of experience in Criminal Defense and extensive experience dealing with child abuse, neglect, and the Department of Children’s Services. 

One of FBG's strengths can also be it's weakness as we have quite a few voices. For what we expect to happen from a legal sense, guys like Drew and Dan HIndery, Maurile Tremblay and Ari Ingel (all Footballguys Staffers and attorneys) are the ones to listen to. Of that bunch, Drew has the most experience with Children's Services. 
It wasn't an article it was a comment in an article somewhere and it was more than one if I recall correctly. I'm just saying it doesn't seem like they have any good sources inside on this situation and might have jumped the gun. I can understand why with Tyreeks background. Just saying......

Users who are viewing this thread