What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (5 Viewers)

In the coming days, the office of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will announce whether Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy. If a violation is found, it would mean that Hill engaged in conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the NFL. Such “conduct detrimental” would reflect the possibility that Hill was in some way responsible for suspicious injuries suffered by his three-year-old son earlier this year, or that Hill undermined the league’s image upon media publication of a recording in which Hill tells former his fiancée, Crystal Espinal, that she needs to be “terrified” of him, or both.

The Hill situation is among the more difficult personal conduct policy decisions for Goodell, whose choices on conduct matters have often generated controversy and occasionally spawned federal lawsuits. With Hill, an incomplete set of facts coupled with ambiguous family circumstances are beyond the capacity of Goodell to clarify. If Goodell offers factual conclusions about how Hill’s son was injured, Goodell would be vulnerable to criticism that he overreached and possibly interfered in an on-going legal matter.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/15/tyreek-hill-roger-goodell-possible-suspension-decision-chiefs

It's anyone's guess. My guess is 4-6 weeks.
Followed by an appeal and a two game reduction. 

This story is insane.  I don't know what to believe.  If the conspiracy stuff is true, how horrible for Hill. 

I'm defacto taking Hill's side until I see some proof that he did anything wrong, and I even feel bad about my cynical take earlier that it was purely about optics for the NFL. 

If the NFL finds that there is a lot of doubt he did anything, but still punishes because optics and PR, the injustice only continues.  

without knowing all the details that the league knows....just the twists and turns in here....it seems like a tough spot for the league...

bottom line:

1. suspension (of any length)  = Hill did something bad (this time)

2. no suspension = Hill didn't do anything bad (this time)

is having your kids removed from your custody in and of itself suspension worthy...?....it doesn't have to mean you abused them or their physical safety was in danger....it could mean they were in an environment that wasn't good for their mental and emotional well being at the time (ie: a very dysfunctional environment).....is it suspension worthy to be in a dysfunctional relationship/environment...?...kids get removed all the time for reasons that aren't "physical abuse"....

the general court of public opinion has already played judge jury and executioner here....for the most part....but it shouldn't be a hard sell for Rog to come out and say "after reviewing all of the information, we have found that there is no need to proceed any further at this time as a league in any matters involving Tyreek Hill"....and just leave it at that....because a lot of the things involved in this case are personal matters and information that the league will not reveal....Rog isn't going to go into some long explanation of details one way or the other....but the thing is, it will be a hard sell if he doesn't suspend.....so I think right now they  are trying to decide if in all of this they can actually find enough to say he somehow violated the conduct policy just so they can appease the masses that have convicted Hill already, no matter what.....but you would think Hill and his team will and should deserve that "long explanation" if suspended....we the public may not get it, but Tyreek and his team will.....and if they don't agree and really feel that Rog is doing it to "save the shield" that could be an issue and if Hill didn't do anything, a really crappy thing to do to somebody who was innocent....

the taped conversation and the "terrified" comment is an issue.... and will probably turn out to be enough for Rog to hand down (2) games and at least appease the masses that he was given something...while also not hammering Hill with something longer that would make it seem they think he is a monster or something.....the context of the terrified comment could have been that Hill was meaning be terrified because I have dirt on you.... all the lies, etc...but it still didn't sound good and Hill and his team may be willing to take a small suspension of two or less without appealing, etc....the thing is Rog is going to make a decision, but we will not get much if any reason for the basis of the suspension if there is one....or if there isn't one....

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 5 WR at worst.
For sure- one could make an argument he is WR1 in standard. My guess is the lingering "stink" of it all will cause him to go a bit later than he probably should. I think he should be WR3 after Hopkins and Adams. 

Well I over-reacted based on the evidence at the time - and I'm honestly still not sure he's completely innocent, but that doesn't matter.

I was a seller in dynasty shortly before the tape was leaked, but I didn't panic sell as I'm still pleased with my deal. I thank him for helping me win the championship in that league though and as a football fan he'll make Sunday's more exciting.

I own him in a lot of leagues. Sold him in one for Guice and Wentz. The guy I sold him to suddenly dropped him after the recording was leaked and Hill was picked up by another owner for $100 BB $$$$.

Bought him in another league straight up for Zay Jones. 

OMG.  Nfl vindicated Tyreek.  No punishment. 

The NFL seems more likely to punish than any other punitive body... I think this probably means he is actually innocent.  I feel really bad for him and sincerely apologize for jumping to conclusions. 

Last edited by a moderator:
currently WR27 in redraft-ppr rankings, with the latest 2 entries #14 (7/18) and #4 just this morning (before this announcement)

where do we rank him now?  i say around 7-8ish, cant quite put him top5.  NFL definitely left the door open to reevaluate, which is how they should do things anyway, and i'm also not so sure we've heard the end of the audio tape comments.

He was the #1 WR in FF last year. He is going to have to play a prove it season to get paid.

if you rank him WR 7 or 8 it’s basically a DND designation BC there is no chance he’s there

He was the #1 WR in FF last year. He is going to have to play a prove it season to get paid.

if you rank him WR 7 or 8 it’s basically a DND designation BC there is no chance he’s there
Now that the shadow of a significant suspension is no longer looming, I expect the Chiefs and Hill to get an extension done prior to Week 1.  And it will be significant, but will also contain significant clauses to protect the Chiefs in the event something does happen in the future.

Holy overreaction!  Glad I was wrong about my guess of a 4-6 game suspension.  Sure am glad I held onto him in the two leagues I owned him and traded for him in another....whew!  

He was sixth in my leagues (ppr) behind Adams, Brown, Thomas, Hopkins and Thielen. I rank him about the same this year (but not behind all the same guys).

I tried to pry him away from the owner in my league (late first offered).   He smartly did not bite.  I should have offered more...

He literally had one game like that last year.
No matter how you slice it, Hill is back at the top of the WR1 conversation.

For me, he's WR3 overall, behind only Hopkins and Adams. He's a scintilla over Julio and Thomas, but ahead of OBJ in my book.

4 games in full PPR with 10.00 points  or less (D Hop had none). Law of averages Mahommes regress some and that number maybe 6 of 16 weeks. 
Okay, but that's a far cry from 2-35.  Also, if that's the measuring stick you're using, Michael Thomas had four games where he scored less than 10 PPR points.  Mike Evans had four as well.  Thielen had two.  JuJu had two, and one where he scored exactly 10 points.  I don't really see your point here.  

Users who are viewing this thread