Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Where do people have Tyreek ranked right now? 
I'm assuming the KC offense regresses this year, and Mahomes only passed for more than 300 yards once after Kareem was booted from the team. The offense as a whole will not be as good without the threat of Hunt. One reason that Williams was so good was that defenses weren't keyed into the run, they were focused almost solely on trying to stop the pass. 

Right now I have Tyreek #6 behind Hopkins, Thomas, Adams, Julio, and Juju. 

I think that is about right although you do need to remember that KC was not only missing Hunt during the stretch you are talking about but Watkins also. A healthy Watkins for an entire year (yes, I know a tall order) as well as added weapon in Hardman may decrease the effect of missing Hunt. 

Last year there was also talk that the Chiefs loved Darrel (not Damien) Williams so much that they kept him on the active roster because they thought he would get signed away on the PS. He didnt do alot with his limited opportunities last year but someone I will be watching as a Chiefs fan through the preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Where do people have Tyreek ranked right now? 
I'm assuming the KC offense regresses this year, and Mahomes only passed for more than 300 yards once after Kareem was booted from the team. The offense as a whole will not be as good without the threat of Hunt. One reason that Williams was so good was that defenses weren't keyed into the run, they were focused almost solely on trying to stop the pass. 

Right now I have Tyreek #6 behind Hopkins, Thomas, Adams, Julio, and Juju. 

That is the range I have him as well. He probably has a little regression coming just because of how bananas the offense was last year but it's hard to envision anyway he doesn't have 1000 and 10 at a minimum. He isn't a target hog so he is going to be less consistent than Thomas or Juju but he has WR1 overall  potential again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HULLOBUDMAN said:

I think that is about right although you do need to remember that KC was not only missing Hunt during the stretch you are talking about but Watkins also. A healthy Watkins for an entire year (yes, I know a tall order) as well as added weapon in Hardman may decrease the effect of missing Hunt. 

Last year there was also talk that the Chiefs loved Darrel (not Damien) Williams so much that they kept him on the active roster because they thought he would get signed away on the PS. He didnt do alot with his limited opportunities last year but someone I will be watching as a Chiefs fan through the preseason.

Thanks for the tidbit on Darrel Williams, hadn't heard much about him at all.

And, I don't think Watkins has any significant impact on the team. The chance that he plays 13 games is below 10% in my opinion. The Chiefs made a poor decision when they paid him and I think they might move on next year if they sign Tyreek if Watkins gets hurt again, even with his $7 mil dead cap hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 5:48 PM, The Frankman said:

Ezekiel Elliot is considered a repeat offender, but if you look at the previous offenses it isn't even close; Hill has much worse ones. I'm researching Jarran Reed's background and I don't even think he has a previous offense.

Face value, we may not know everything of Hill's but we do know there was a verbal threat and a child has a broken arm (Hill contested Espinal broke it)... I would think Hill as a repeat offender would get a game or two just because of the comment. @rockaction yeah King sounds stunned, but Sports Illustrated does give a fairer take of the situation in this article by Michael McCann (SI’s legal analyst).

EZE pulled down a woman's shirt in front of the whole world.  If you or I did that we'd be on the sex offender registry for life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

EZE pulled down a woman's shirt in front of the whole world.  If you or I did that we'd be on the sex offender registry for life.

If was stupid of him, but the woman was in his group and had a consensual sexual relationship with him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

If was stupid of him, but the woman was in his group and had a consensual sexual relationship with him.

So? Do you think she asked him to do it? Being in a consensual sexual relationship with someone doesn't give you the legal right to do whatever you want to their body in public. Or private for that matter.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So? Do you think she asked him to do it? Being in a consensual sexual relationship with someone doesn't give you the legal right to do whatever you want to their body in public. Or private for that matter.

it was dumb of him but not a crime.  She didn't have an issue with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

it was dumb of him but not a crime.  She didn't have an issue with it.

But if she did decide she had an issue with it, it was a crime. That's what made it dumb. Putting your fate totally in someone else's hands on an immature whim, with the previous incident that was being investigated all over the news, is what probably pissed off the league office about it. Not the actual act. That dumbassery is why Zeke seemingly has his own chair in Goodell's office over every little incident, right or wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CentralPA said:

...and Tyreek is hurt.  Limped off practice field.

heard Schefter is reporting bruised quad...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

heard Schefter is reporting bruised quad...

Yep, just saw the tweet.  Good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CentralPA said:

Yep, just saw the tweet.  Good news.

Hopefully just a charley horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Young 8 said:

Hopefully just a charley horse.

Someone was probably just teaching him Muay Thai🙄

Thats believable, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brun said:

Deleted my comment. Decided it wasn't that funny.

Neither is this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid on KCs part to put Tyreek in harm's way. He just needs to get his timing right with Mahomes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brun said:

Deleted my comment. Decided it wasn't that funny.

 

26 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Neither is this one.

It's a hell of a thing, deleting a post. You take away all its got and all its ever gonna have.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bayhawks said:

Someone was probably just teaching him Muay Thai🙄

Thats believable, right?

 

Can we not do this all season in this thread? Jesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

Can we not do this all season in this thread? Jesus

Don't quote him. I have him on ignore for a reason.......lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, where are people drafting Hill ? Late 1st round (after the top echelon of RBs are gone and after Hopkins and Davante Adams) ? Before Michael Thomas or Julio ?

And does the fact that the slightest infraction would seemingly lead to a lengthy suspension, cause you to be a bit gun-shy with taking him say late in the 1st round (of a 1/2 point PPR league) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keith1 said:

So, where are people drafting Hill ? Late 1st round (after the top echelon of RBs are gone and after Hopkins and Davante Adams) ? Before Michael Thomas or Julio ?

And does the fact that the slightest infraction would seemingly lead to a lengthy suspension, cause you to be a bit gun-shy with taking him say late in the 1st round (of a 1/2 point PPR league) ?

Big money/expert drafts he's going around the turn.   Softer drafts somewhere in the 2nd round.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Keith1 said:

So, where are people drafting Hill ? Late 1st round (after the top echelon of RBs are gone and after Hopkins and Davante Adams) ? Before Michael Thomas or Julio ?

And does the fact that the slightest infraction would seemingly lead to a lengthy suspension, cause you to be a bit gun-shy with taking him say late in the 1st round (of a 1/2 point PPR league) ?

matter of preference I guess....you could make a case for him anywhere from 1-6 probably....if looking for a tiebreaker the schedule may be something to consider...

KC week 14-16...

at NE 

vs DEN

at CHI

not that that should necessarily be a deal breaker for any Chief because they may somewhat match up proof....but its not the greatest playoff schedule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Few weeks ago I stole him in the 4th in a redraft

good for you....but I don't think that really applies now....and a few weeks ago that wasn't necessarily stealing....

Edited by Stinkin Ref
  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some internet chatter that a contract  extension is likely close to being announced, around 3 years for $45 to $48 million.  With Adam Schefter also reporting that Drew Rosenhaus was discussing a new deal with the Chiefs today,  it appears that an extension is very likely/close to happening.  It will be interesting to see the final numbers.  The $45 to $48 million value is not coming from Schefter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

There is some internet chatter that a contract  extension is likely close to being announced, around 3 years for $45 to $48 million.  With Adam Schefter also reporting that Drew Rosenhaus was discussing a new deal with the Chiefs today,  it appears that an extension is very likely/close to happening.  It will be interesting to see the final numbers.  The $45 to $48 million value is not coming from Schefter. 

Has to be more than Watkins got so if it is a 3 year deal I would think it's in the 55-60 range. Tyreek might have given the Chiefs a discount though.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevrunner said:

There is some internet chatter that a contract  extension is likely close to being announced, around 3 years for $45 to $48 million.  With Adam Schefter also reporting that Drew Rosenhaus was discussing a new deal with the Chiefs today,  it appears that an extension is very likely/close to happening.  It will be interesting to see the final numbers.  The $45 to $48 million value is not coming from Schefter. 

Hope the Chiefs have some out clauses, I'm sure they will. Hill seems like a troubled guy.

I'm having a hard time valuing him in dynasty. He may be available in my league but makes me nervous to make a legit play for him. On the other side, upside is obviously very tempting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Has to be more than Watkins got so if it is a 3 year deal I would think it's in the 55-60 range. Tyreek might have given the Chiefs a discount though.....

He could be giving the Chiefs a discount in the short term with the understanding of the contract being renegotiated in a year or 2 as long as he stays trouble free.   Just a guess.    We will see when the numbers are released.  If it is in the $45 to $48 million range, it will give a lot of credibility to the Twitter source who released the info.  They have been pretty accurate so far, just the complete opposite of the media regarding Hill’s situation.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

He could be giving the Chiefs a discount in the short term with the understanding of the contract being renegotiated in a year or 2 as long as he stays trouble free.   Just a guess.    We will see when the numbers are released.  If it is in the $45 to $48 million range, it will give a lot of credibility to the Twitter source who released the info.  They have been pretty accurate so far, just the complete opposite of the media regarding Hill’s situation.   

He narrowly avoided getting a lot less, so giving up a little discount is probably mutually advantageous for Tyreek and KC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tool said:

Hope the Chiefs have some out clauses, I'm sure they will. Hill seems like a troubled guy.

I'm having a hard time valuing him in dynasty. He may be available in my league but makes me nervous to make a legit play for him. On the other side, upside is obviously very tempting.

With the NFL not suspended him at all, that is telling me all I need to know.  The NFL gives suspensions out like candy.  There is absolutely no benefit to the NFL to not suspend Hill, the only logical reason is Tyreek isn’t the monster the media has made 90% of the public believe.  The NFL got destroyed by the media for not suspending Hill.  The Chiefs are getting destroyed by keeping him.  Tyreek is a great player but he isn’t worth all this negative backlash unless there is a lot more to this story than the public has been told. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

With the NFL not suspended him at all, that is telling me all I need to know.  The NFL gives suspensions out like candy.  There is absolutely no benefit to the NFL to not suspend Hill, the only logical reason is Tyreek isn’t the monster the media has made 90% of the public believe.  The NFL got destroyed by the media for not suspending Hill.  The Chiefs are getting destroyed by keeping him.  Tyreek is a great player but he isn’t worth all this negative backlash unless there is a lot more to this story than the public has been told. 

This.

Also, I think it was in yesterdays presser where Tyreek made some cryptic remark about it coming out in a hearing or something to that effect. There's more to the story, perhaps there will be clarity at some point in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

He narrowly avoided getting a lot less, so giving up a little discount is probably mutually advantageous for Tyreek and KC

I agree with this but 17/yr is just a tad more than Watkins but a great discount for a WR like Tyreek. I would think that would be a great compromise. I'm not basing that on anything though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

With the NFL not suspended him at all, that is telling me all I need to know.  The NFL gives suspensions out like candy.  There is absolutely no benefit to the NFL to not suspend Hill, the only logical reason is Tyreek isn’t the monster the media has made 90% of the public believe.  The NFL got destroyed by the media for not suspending Hill.  The Chiefs are getting destroyed by keeping him.  Tyreek is a great player but he isn’t worth all this negative backlash unless there is a lot more to this story than the public has been told. 

I mentioned this earlier.....they knew they would get backlash for zero games so they must have felt pretty strongly he didn’t do anything wrong.....it would have been easy to give him a few games.....lot harder to give him none

Watkins will be gone or have to renegotiate after this year unless he goes off, so not sure how much that really plays in......Hill can give them a little discount for standing by him.....and lets not forget he plays with the the best QB in the league that gives him the best chance to take advantage of his skill set and win Super Bowls....and a solid franchise and coaching staff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I mentioned this earlier.....they knew they would get backlash for zero games so they must have felt pretty strongly he didn’t do anything wrong.....it would have been easy to give him a few games.....lot harder to give him none

Come on... Are you serious? Does anyone think he did nothing wrong?

Anyway, yes, they knew they'd get backlash for giving him nothing, but surely they knew they'd get more backlash for giving him 4 games, 6, whatever, for what amounts to a bad smell, if there was no hard evidence. Barring any evidence that he abused his kid I feel like they just did the same thing as they did early in the Ray Rice situation - turn a blind eye until there is some glaring evidence they have to address. 

That said, I'm pretty surprised they didn't give him a game or two for the obvious verbal abuse toward his son's mother on the tape. That is by definition verbal abuse.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to playing Avengers with my little boys. Hopefully they don't end up with broken bones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

Come on... Are you serious? Does anyone think he did nothing wrong?

Anyway, yes, they knew they'd get backlash for giving him nothing, but surely they knew they'd get more backlash for giving him 4 games, 6, whatever, for what amounts to a bad smell, if there was no hard evidence. Barring any evidence that he abused his kid I feel like they just did the same thing as they did early in the Ray Rice situation - turn a blind eye until there is some glaring evidence they have to address. 

That said, I'm pretty surprised they didn't give him a game or two for the obvious verbal abuse toward his son's mother on the tape. That is by definition verbal abuse.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to playing Avengers with my little boys. Hopefully they don't end up with broken bones.

Nope. He gets suspended every single time if they even thought he did something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Nope. He gets suspended every single time if they even thought he did something. 

Nope.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp it looks like the mob will continue to cling to their false narrative which is all they have really. 

I'm going to enjoy watching Tyreek play football. Hopefully he stays healthy. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

Come on... Are you serious? Does anyone think he did nothing wrong?

Anyway, yes, they knew they'd get backlash for giving him nothing, but surely they knew they'd get more backlash for giving him 4 games, 6, whatever, for what amounts to a bad smell, if there was no hard evidence. Barring any evidence that he abused his kid I feel like they just did the same thing as they did early in the Ray Rice situation - turn a blind eye until there is some glaring evidence they have to address. 

That said, I'm pretty surprised they didn't give him a game or two for the obvious verbal abuse toward his son's mother on the tape. That is by definition verbal abuse.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to playing Avengers with my little boys. Hopefully they don't end up with broken bones.

I'm comfortable giving the benefit of the doubt he did nothing wrong.

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stinkin Ref nailed it.  Not seeing many apologies round here.  Rather than suspending him @FBG Moderator should be offering him a staff position.  Dude may have saved countless people from ruining their dynasty teams.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

@Stinkin Ref nailed it.  Not seeing many apologies round here.  Rather than suspending him @FBG Moderator should be offering him a staff position.  Dude may have saved countless people from ruining their dynasty teams.

:confused:  Looks like he was warned for 

Quote

 

oh believe me....the "I told you so" post is in the works...it’s in the editing room right now....the biggest hold up is going back through all the ChiefsD, Buffaloes, VoiceofReason, FreeBagel, KittenMittens, Dr. Dan, Aanarchy99, Dr. Octopus, Bazinga! Bronco Billy, etc…and trying not to leave anybody out…..


 

The "told you so / rub their nose in it" type posts never are good.

Aside from that one, his other posts on this have been excellent. Thanks for posting @Stinkin Ref and I hope you'll keep with it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

@Stinkin Ref nailed it.  Not seeing many apologies round here.  Rather than suspending him @FBG Moderator should be offering him a staff position.  Dude may have saved countless people from ruining their dynasty teams.

Oh none of us we'll get apologizes. The people that jumped the gun will never allow themselves to be wrong about this. In their mind they are still right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FBG Moderator said:

:confused:  Looks like he was warned suspended for 

The "told you so / rub their nose in it" type posts never are good.

Aside from that one, his other posts on this have been excellent. Thanks for posting @Stinkin Ref and I hope you'll keep with it. 

 

:lmao:...I guess the "editing room" portion was somehow taken seriously.....lol.......

guess its just a one way street around here....its okay all day to tell somebody they were right and made a great call on a guy in fantasy and give em a pat on the back.....but you can't tell somebody they were wrong and made a bad call....we are too sensitive for that and can't deal with it....that's being mean and "not excellent".....gotta be puppies and rainbows 24/7...

 

Edited by Stinkin Ref
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

:lmao:...I guess the "editing room" portion was somehow taken seriously.....lol.......

guess its just a one way street around here....its okay all day to tell somebody they were right and made a great call on a guy in fantasy and give em a pat on the back.....but you can't tell somebody they were wrong and made a bad call....we are too sensitive for that and can't deal with it....that's being mean and "not excellent".....gotta be puppies and rainbows 24/7...

 

I actually enjoy when old posts are quoted.  I think recognizing thinking errors and also posters that don't come back to face the heat are some that I take less seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

:lmao:...I guess the "editing room" portion was somehow taken seriously.....lol.......

guess its just a one way street around here....its okay all day to tell somebody they were right and made a great call on a guy in fantasy and give em a pat on the back.....but you can't tell somebody they were wrong and made a bad call....we are too sensitive for that and can't deal with it....that's being mean and "not excellent".....gotta be puppies and rainbows 24/7...

 

Hi Stinkin Ref,

i don't think it's puppies and rainbows at all. Our goal is 100% encouraging good discussion. And it's been my experience, when posts get into the calling out the specific posters who missed and making sure they pay their penance and show them up, that just kills good discussion. 

At least that's what we're trying to do. And I know it's probably tame for how most boards operate. Thanks for the good contributions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On that note, if you guys could let me know accurately exactly how the Melvin Gordon and Ezekiel Elliott situations will play out, I'd REALLY appreciate it. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 4
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

On that note, if you guys could let me know accurately exactly how the Melvin Gordon and Ezekiel Elliott situations will play out, I'd REALLY appreciate it. 

Add @Stinkin Ref to your payroll and he might share. Dude had mahommes as qb1 last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.