Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Bayhawks said:

Except Hill wasn’t cleared two times by the police.  They said they believed a crime occurred, but they couldn’t prove who committed that crime.  That doesn’t clear or exonerate him, it can mean a couple things: he is innocent OR he is guilty, but they can’t prove it.  

Likewise, the NFL didn’t clear Hill of any wrong doing; their statement specifically said they didn’t have access to the legal investigation and court proceedings (they’ve been sealed), and as a result, they couldn’t say if Hill had violated the NFL’s policy.  This is not clearing Hill, it’s saying we don’t have enough evidence.

this is exactly what I was talking about.....it doesn't even matter that all the people truly investigating the situation and the details and the context have come to the same conclusion.....people will still think he "could" be guilty.....

thats the thing about being in Hill's situation....people still want him to have to "prove" that he is innocent somehow....how exactly is he supposed to do that...?.....especially without airing dirty laundry, confidential family information, and throwing other people under the bus right now...(that is for other people (attorneys) to do down the road if necessary)....what more do you want him to say....he has said he is innocent....but most of you "want" him to say "I am innocent......and this is why, because she did X, Y, and Z or this or that".....but you are not going to get that....so HIll is stuck in your guilty box....its not Hill's fault that some records are sealed or confidential.....he has denied all abuse since the beginning and has taken the high road in all this publicly and has not said ONE bad thing about Crytstal Espinol or her family...not one....even though he probably really wants to.....and it would make all of you happy and possibly get him out of the guilty box you want to keep him in....unfortunately until that happens most will still condemn him....for everybody to be happy and actually see that he may not have done anything wrong, he would have to probably reveal all the dysfunction, dirty laundry, confidential family business, and skeletons to the public....not sure that happens....yet....

I expect a year similar to last year....plus or minus just a little bit...wouldn't be surprised if its better....I think they chuck it a bunch

 

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JoeKappBudGrant said:

Mahomes dropped from 350 passing yards per game to 300.  His passing  TD's per game decreased from 3.4 to 2.3 after Hunt was cut.

I watched Hill drop a wide open 60+ yard TD without a defender within 5 yards of him in that same timeframe.

was that because Hunt was cut? 

Football is a funny game - defenses are different every week, weather changes in the 2nd half, the season wears in & players wear down, coaches adjust their approach (Reid does this weekly).

There are dozens of factors that could have caused this regression, or as Dr Octopus points out, just simple regression.

impossible to point to Hunt’s departure and definitively determine causation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

this is exactly what I was talking about.....it doesn't even matter that all the people truly investigating the situation and the details and the context have come to the same conclusion.....people will still think he "could" be guilty.....

thats the thing about being in Hill's situation....people still want him to have to "prove" that he is innocent somehow....how exactly is he supposed to do that...?.....especially without airing dirty laundry, confidential family information, and throwing other people under the bus right now...(that is for other people (attorneys) to do down the road if necessary)....what more do you want him to say....he has said he is innocent....but most of you "want" him to say "I am innocent......and this is why, because she did X, Y, and Z or this or that".....but you are not going to get that....so HIll is stuck in your guilty box....its not Hill's fault that some records are sealed or confidential.....he has denied all abuse since the beginning and has taken the high road in all this publicly and has not said ONE bad thing about Crytstal Espinol or her family...not one....even though he probably really wants to.....and it would make all of you happy and possibly get him out of the guilty box you want to keep him in....unfortunately until that happens most will still condemn him....for everybody to be happy and actually see that he may not have done anything wrong, he would have to probably reveal all the dysfunction, dirty laundry, confidential family business, and skeletons to the public....not sure that happens....yet....

I expect a year similar to last year....plus or minus just a little bit...wouldn't be surprised if its better....I think they chuck it a bunch

 

You should try reading my post again.  I didn’t say he is guilty, I didn’t even say I think he is guilty.  I merely pointed out the inaccurate statement from another post that said he had been cleared by police & the NFL.  He wasn’t.  Both groups said they didn’t have enough evidence, not that Hill was cleared.  That’s all I posted.  You inferred the rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Hill gets 150 yards and 2 TDs in week 1, or that he is held under 40 yards.  Anything sufficiently extreme to get people talking about his actual on-field play again.

It’s been a good thread for hashing out and refining our opinions.  We’ve all done that by now, and no one is going to change without new data appearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

The offense as a whole slowed down a little after Hunt was released but that could just be variance as they picked it back up in the playoffs. Most people that are educated in statistics probably realize the whole offense is in line for at least a small regression but Hill should be in line for another big season as the most (or second most) important part of the passing attack.

IIRC sometime towards the end of the season Hill tweaked an ankle. Maybe that was a factor, too?  I just remember a game or two of him hobbling around the field. 

ETA: week 14 vs Ravens; so 2nd game of the referenced 7 games to end the year.

Edited by Andrew74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chiefs scored 37 plus points in 7 of the first 11 games.  They only topped 31 against the Raiders in their last 7 games.  My take is that D. Williams is a mediocre RB who thrived in a great offense.  As defenses adjust to slow Williams down, Mahomes' and Hill's Numbers will improve from their last seven games, but not to the levels of the first 11 games because of weaker RB play.  Williams will not do near as well as last year. Mahomes and Hill will put up about 85% of last years numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Schwartz] Have we seen any tweet from someone with juice denying any Tyreek trade rumors? I think there’s more truth to these than most ppl think when these rumors are floating around.

 

this on the heels of lombardi on matt harmom's podcast saying a big name wr could be available in trade that would shock people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, zeeshan2 said:

[Schwartz] Have we seen any tweet from someone with juice denying any Tyreek trade rumors? I think there’s more truth to these than most ppl think when these rumors are floating around.

 

this on the heels of lombardi on matt harmom's podcast saying a big name wr could be available in trade that would shock people

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1165306350873841665?s=20

 

Tyreek is not getting traded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Milkman said:

I’ve not heard any Tyreek rumors, but the Chiefs beat writer has been chattering about the Chiefs trading Demarcus Robinson, who’s reportedly a Tyreek clone. 

while I was pretty adamant that I didn’t want him this year due to the off-season ugliness, as I get closer to my draft tomorrow I’ve come to terms with the fact that his ADP is too friendly for me to resist depending on how my draft breaks & what position I’m drafting. 

Sigh

I’m such a whore. 

😢

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’ve not heard any Tyreek rumors, but the Chiefs beat writer has been chattering about the Chiefs trading Demarcus Robinson, who’s reportedly a Tyreek clone. 

while I was pretty adamant that I didn’t want him this year due to the off-season ugliness, as I get closer to my draft tomorrow I’ve come to terms with the fact that his ADP is too friendly for me to resist depending on how my draft breaks & what position I’m drafting. 

Sigh

I’m such a whore. 

😢

Tyreek's in for a bigger year than last year where he was the #1 WR in FF. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Milkman said:

Tyreek's in for a bigger year than last year where he was the #1 WR in FF. 

Non-PPR,  but yes, I agree he’s just too good to pass up. 

I’ll feel guilty about it briefly. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Jaguars DC Todd Wash said Jalen Ramsey will shadow Tyreek Hill in the Week 1 matchup with the Chiefs.

Giddy up. This will be one of the highlight matchups of opening weekend. Ramsey is one of the best -- if not the best -- cover corners in the league but did have a bit of a down year for his standards last season as the Jaguars' season crumbled beneath them. Ramsey being glued to Hill will likely mean Sammy Watkins will deal with A.J. Bouye on the other side. That could open things up for Travis Kelce inside, though Patrick Mahomes won't be afraid to test Ramsey and Bouye.

RELATED: 

Tyreek Hill

SOURCE: Hays Carlyon on Twitter

Aug 28, 2019, 1:11 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faust said:

 

 

Hill scores a 60+ yard TD in this game. Ramsey or no Ramsey. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Faust said:

I am looking forward to the matchup after Ramsey trash talked Hill:

Jalen Ramsey to Shadow Tyreek Hill Week 1 After Calling WR a 'Return Specialist'

Gonna be epic. Ramsey looked like he lost a step last year. 

Reminds me of Revis as his skills were fading but he still trash talked every week. 

I seriously doubt the Chiefs approach this game any differently than any other. Shots will be taken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HULLOBUDMAN said:

Why would you announce this 2 weeks ahead of time? Feel like this gives Andy Reid a huge advantage knowing this if this is true. Could also be misdirection

And how would that hurt the Chiefs?  They show up to play and Jalen Ramsey is not on Hill every play, that's somehow supposed to help Jacksonville?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HULLOBUDMAN said:

Why would you announce this 2 weeks ahead of time? Feel like this gives Andy Reid a huge advantage knowing this if this is true. Could also be misdirection. 

 Wouldn't the assumption be that Ramsey would match up on Hill?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

 Wouldn't the assumption be that Ramsey would match up on Hill?

Yeah - I’d assumed that anyway. 

The only ramification I can see is motivation for Hill to burn Ramsey. 

Why give any team bulletin board fodder? Like the Chiefs needs more motivation to put points on the board? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear it was last year when Ramsey said that comment about Tyreek Hill. I am pretty sure that Hill hasn’t forgotten the slight.


 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

 Wouldn't the assumption be that Ramsey would match up on Hill?

I suppose. I found an old article from last year and at that point Ramsey had shadowed the other teams WR 10 times, so it isn't something they do every game against the other team's #1.

I just dont see how announcing this would have any benefit for Jax.

https://www.fantasylabs.com/articles/fantasy-football-wr-cb-matchups-week-10-2018/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IheartGuinness said:

What are people expecting from him this weekend? Do you think Ramsey is going to completely contain him?

I don't think anyone can contain him. If Mahomes buys time with his feet, which he will, then he will find guys downfield. They can't cover all of them for that long. Hill in particular can come open in a variety of ways and with incredible speed. I think Mahomes Hill might be a FF cheat code. Maybe Hill gets fewer targets with Ramsey shadowing him but he still catches a 70 yard TD at some point. Call it 5 catches 112 yards 1TD. And two runs for 23. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I don't think anyone can contain him. If Mahomes buys time with his feet, which he will, then he will find guys downfield. They can't cover all of them for that long. Hill in particular can come open in a variety of ways and with incredible speed. I think Mahomes Hill might be a FF cheat code. Maybe Hill gets fewer targets with Ramsey shadowing him but he still catches a 70 yard TD at some point. Call it 5 catches 112 yards 1TD. And two runs for 23. 

Wow. That would be great. But I'm trying to temper my expectations. I'm having flashbacks to stud receivers I'd hope would go off, and then they'd get contained by an outstanding corner (stupid Revis island). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Call it 5 catches 112 yards 1TD. And two runs for 23. 

I’ll take that......

......from my WR2

:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

 

I’ll take that......

......from my WR2  WR3

:wub:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, swabs said:

 

How do you have Hill as a WR3? Assuming dynasty or 8-10 man league? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

How do you have Hill as a WR3? Assuming dynasty or 8-10 man league? 

he could be had late (6th roundish) back when everybody was making knee jerk self righteous assessments of him without knowing any details or context of what was going on....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

he could be had late (6th roundish) back when everybody was making knee jerk self righteous assessments of him without knowing any details or context of what was going on....

Ah yeah - good point. I wasn’t even looking at his ADP in May/June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

How do you have Hill as a WR3? Assuming dynasty or 8-10 man league? 

Dynasty, I guess it's hard to say who's rated as 1, 2, or 3 though.  Hopkins, Adams, and Hill.  Traded for all of them in '16, '17, and '18.  Gonna have to go look what I gave up now....

Mean Machine gave up Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB; Golladay, Kenny DET WR

T.A.R.C.I.M gave up Hill, Tyreek KCC WR; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from T.A.R.C.I.M

 

 

BuckNuts gave up Adams, Davante GBP WR; Year 2019 Round 5 Draft Pick from BuckNuts

Mean Machine gave up Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR; Heyward, Cameron PIT DE; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick from Pork Chop Express

 

Cordarrelict My Balls gave up Hill, Jeremy CIN RB; Ingram, Mark NOS RB; Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Show Me Your TDs

going HAAM! gave up Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Edited by swabs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, swabs said:

 

I'll take that from my WR4. And yes I'm serious, 12 team $125 dynasty league. Starting Nuk, Julio, Evans and Hill :bowtie:  

 

and while I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back, I'm also starting Kelce, Zeke, and Gurley. Sad news is I'm benching Chubb and Lindsay. ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 2:01 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’ve not heard any Tyreek rumors, but the Chiefs beat writer has been chattering about the Chiefs trading Demarcus Robinson, who’s reportedly a Tyreek clone. 

 

Demarcus Robinson is most definitely not a Tyreek Hill clone. Just an FYI

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

I'll take that from my WR4. And yes I'm serious, 12 team $125 dynasty league. Starting Nuk, Julio, Evans and Hill :bowtie:  

 

and while I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back, I'm also starting Kelce, Zeke, and Gurley. Sad news is I'm benching Chubb and Lindsay. ;) 

I'd like to meet your league-mates and start a new dynasty league with them...

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Demarcus Robinson is most definitely not a Tyreek Hill clone. Just an FYI

I’m saying what the writer said. 

Not saying I agree with it, but I do own Robinson in a dynasty league so I’m hoping he becomes relevant sooner than later. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maven25 said:

I'd like to meet your league-mates and start a new dynasty league with them...

It’s tricky....his sister is still in 4th grade, so finances are limited, not to mention her inability to get to a live draft. 

Don't get me started on his grandmother & 4 of the members of her bridge club. :shrug:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. Makes Tyreek the #1 WR in dynasty the next 3 years. 

Edited by Milkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 5:17 PM, Milkman said:

Has to be more than Watkins got so if it is a 3 year deal I would think it's in the 55-60 range. Tyreek might have given the Chiefs a discount though.....

Darn near nailed it.

Sun shines on a dogs ### every once in a while. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who bought low in the offseason this is very good news 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Maven25 said:

I'd like to meet your league-mates and start a new dynasty league with them...

I'd hate to waste my time and play with owners who don't know what they are doing.  I know you might win a little $$$, but, it's just not fun for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevrunner said:

I'd hate to waste my time and play with owners who don't know what they are doing.  I know you might win a little $$$, but, it's just not fun for me.

Me either I've discussed my friends Fantasy league he has with a co worker and some friends of the co worker. Both he and the co worker have taken advantage of players who We'll call causal fans and some have no idea what they are doing. The reason both are 1 and 2 in the league every year is because people are dumb and drop guys who shouldn't or accept ####ty trade offers. I was offered to be in this league but I didn't want to associate myself with that plus his coworker owes me $25 and I told him I'd consider the league if he paid half my league sign up fee since he owed me money (Thought that was fair) and didn't accept it. So I told them no thank you. I probably would've won all my money back and then some because neither one of them is amazing fantasy player themselves but it would feel wrong and just dirty $$$ to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Me either I've discussed my friends Fantasy league he has with a co worker and some friends of the co worker. Both he and the co worker have taken advantage of players who We'll call causal fans and some have no idea what they are doing. The reason both are 1 and 2 in the league every year is because people are dumb and drop guys who shouldn't or accept ####ty trade offers. I was offered to be in this league but I didn't want to associate myself with that plus his coworker owes me $25 and I told him I'd consider the league if he paid half my league sign up fee since he owed me money (Thought that was fair) and didn't accept it. So I told them no thank you. I probably would've won all my money back and then some because neither one of them is amazing fantasy player themselves but it would feel wrong and just dirty $$$ to me

I understand this process for dynasty, which is a big investment of time and emotional energy...but less so with redraft. Especially if it's people you know and can get bragging rights over for fun. When you sit down to play poker with your buddies, do you hope they're sharks? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry fellas ... the Patriots showed the league the blueprint on how to shut down Tyreek Hill.

1 catch in that AFC Championship game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Sorry fellas ... the Patriots showed the league the blueprint on how to shut down Tyreek Hill.

1 catch in that AFC Championship game? 

LOL. 

The Patriots take away the other teams best player as a philosophy.  Not always, but usually.  It leaves other players more open, it's merely a trade off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kittenmittens said:

LOL. 

The Patriots take away the other teams best player as a philosophy.  Not always, but usually.  It leaves other players more open, it's merely a trade off. 

And they should have lost that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.