Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

24 minutes ago, Mingooch said:

But they didnt

Correct but 8-10 times they are in that spot with NE they win. I would think KC would love for them to defend them the same way next time is my point. 

4 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

LOL. 

The Patriots take away the other teams best player as a philosophy.  Not always, but usually.  It leaves other players more open, it's merely a trade off. 

Maybe they should've focused on taking away Nick Foles in the Super Bowl 2 yrs ago 

1 minute ago, IheartGuinness said:

There goes my season...

Already? Tough call after 0ne half of 1st game.

Just now, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Thanks for the heart attack.

Honestly if I had to guess, that's what it is.  When someone lands on your shoulder like that in that position, that's usually what it is.  Especially when they ruled him out right away.  Could just be a shoulder, but my guess is Collarbone :(

20 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Honestly if I had to guess, that's what it is.  When someone lands on your shoulder like that in that position, that's usually what it is.  Especially when they ruled him out right away.  Could just be a shoulder, but my guess is Collarbone :(

Tell tale sign of a collarbone injury is usually the guy tries to hold the hand/wrist of the affected arm/shoulder close to his chest to immobilize it.

Either way, let's wait for the official word before speculating about a WR that many have as the keystone of their fantasy receiving corps.

1 minute ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Tell tale sign of a collarbone injury is usually the guy tries to hold the hand/wrist of the affected arm/shoulder close to his chest to immobilize it.

Either way, let's wait for the official word before speculating about a WR that many have as the keystone of their fantasy receiving corps.

This is Sammy's team now.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Deamon said:

This is Sammy's team now.

Yes, because Watkins is definitely a guy who has proven he can be a reliable fantasy force and be depended upon for consistent high level performance.

And the Chiefs have no other receiving weapons whatsoever.

Glad that Watkins is finally in a position to succeed, he's a talented guy. But let's leave the hyperbole alone until we see how things actually pan out.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

46 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Sounds like Collarbone for him too

They took an entire quarter to rule him out. If it was a broken collarbone they would have ruled him out immediately. 

• Like 3

Just now, cap'n grunge said:

Why did I leave Sammy on my bench? 

Why would you start him?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cap'n grunge said:

Thought about it to replace AB but went with Waller.

Well ya, that might have been a bad call.  I assumed your team was stronger and Watkins was a bench player like he was in the majority of leagues.

6 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

I didn't see it, did someone break his arm or was it an accident?

Ouch

57 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Why did I leave Sammy on my bench? 

I started him 

• Like 1

Per Redzone update, Tyreek Hill sent to local hospital. KC Trainer: "Shoulder injury caused some distress in his sternum area, and Hill had to have some emergency care given to him, now in care of ortho-trauma physician." Further updates tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

NFL Redzone just reported that he was taken to the hospital for sternum-related surgery.

The post below yours doesn’t say “surgery”. Just curious what the actual words used were if you know.

3 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

The post below yours doesn’t say “surgery”. Just curious what the actual words used were if you know.

the exact words were along the lines of "the KC trainer sent him for an emergency procedure"

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

Looks like a season ender. Is what I'm hearing. 

these are pretty bad injuries tbh. I'd give an opinion but I'd get railed for it. its typically not good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

Might be if it is wha I think it is. But can’t speculate. But Sternum injuries are very delicate and can be bad. They will know shortly. 

Just now, Dr. Dan said:

these are pretty bad injuries tbh. I'd give an opinion but I'd get railed for it. its typically not good

Yeah he's done.

4 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

I wrote mine as a roughly direct quote from TV, FYI. I did not hear a specific mention of surgery on Redzone.

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

I know....god forbid some of us with knowledge and experience around sports injuries offer some friendly insight. Get bashed like we are wishing they are hurt.....lol.

In any case.....not looking for Tyreek Hill right now. 

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Guess I was wrong. That sucks. :( 

27 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Wonder if it's an AC joint thing

It's the SC...  way worse

3 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Roto world is saying 6 to 8 weeks. 

Just now, Todem said:

I know....god forbid some of us with knowledge and experience around sports inures offer some friendly insight. 

no kidding 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Not to be Petty but don't think many people will really feel sorry for the dude