What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (2 Viewers)

Oh great now your giving me second thoughts haha. I guess it's about minimizing regret. If Hill goes off I'd feel more a dope with him on my bench vs Brown. Because IMO Brown has more usage question marks. We have yet to see how McVay will divvy up touches sans Gurley. While I don't really believe much in Henderson you never know. Plus SF is a tough matchup. Hopefully they put Hill on ice one more week and it is moot. 
Aaaargh. This is why you should run your own team and go with your gut. Started Brown over Hill and it cost me the week. Only myself to blame. But dang I laid out my entire case about minimizing regret and here I am Monday morning with regret coming out of eyeballs. Will we ever learn?

Aaaargh. This is why you should run your own team and go with your gut. Started Brown over Hill and it cost me the week. Only myself to blame. But dang I laid out my entire case about minimizing regret and here I am Monday morning with regret coming out of eyeballs. Will we ever learn?
All my substitution possibilities or best balls in one of my leagues and I still would have lost by fifty, standard scoring, no bonuses, PPR, etc. So I've learned one thing: When you get your ### severely kicked by the auto-draft bot team in your league that the commish runs because some dude flaked on the league, you best be humble. And a touch angry with that guy, too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All my substitution possibilities or best balls in one of my leagues and I still would have lost by fifty, standard scoring, no bonuses, PPR, etc. So I've learned one thing: When you get your ### severely kicked by the auto-draft bot team in your league that the commish runs because some dude flaked on the league, you best be humble. And a touch angry with that guy, too. 
Lol, thanks I at least feel better I didn't lose to a zombie team.

Tyreek Hill caught 5-of-10 targets for 80 yards and two touchdowns in Kansas City's Week 6 loss to the Texans.

It was obvious Hill was healthy the moment Kansas City took the field as their first play went in his direction on a downfield fly route. Hill capped off the Chiefs' opening drive with a 46-yard catch between two defenders that took a valiant leap (and ensuing effort) on a free play that resulted in Kansas City going up 7-0. His second touchdown occurred on man-to-man coverage gone awry. With a team-high 10 targets under his belt in his first start since Week 1, it's clear Hill will be a lid-lifting matchup-proof WR1 in every game moving forward. Start him with confidence against the Broncos on Thursday.

Wondering if any of the other KC WRs are still worth keeping or playing with Hill back.  I got Robinson and don't expect much from him going forward.  Anyone else feel the same?

Jamesinaz said:
Wondering if any of the other KC WRs are still worth keeping or playing with Hill back.  I got Robinson and don't expect much from him going forward.  Anyone else feel the same?
He wasn't doing anything before hill got back. I am dumping him quickly.

Just FYI, Denver currently gives up least fantasy points to WRs (in my scoring format at least)

2018 tyreek vs. denver

4 tar, 3 rec 70 yds

13 tar, 9 rec, 54 yds

2017 tyreek vs. denver

6 tar, 2 rec 38 yds (only pllayed against denver once this year)

Just FYI, Denver currently gives up least fantasy points to WRs (in my scoring format at least)

2018 tyreek vs. denver

4 tar, 3 rec 70 yds

13 tar, 9 rec, 54 yds

2017 tyreek vs. denver

6 tar, 2 rec 38 yds (only pllayed against denver once this year)
Chris Harris is a very good defensive back.

Still starting Tyreek. 

So mad at myself for letting him go for a song when I thought he was done in the league during the off-season.
you weren't alone in making self righteous knee jerk snap judgments without really knowing the details...there are about 40 pages in this thread starting early in the spring when a bunch of people did the same thing......

you weren't alone in making self righteous knee jerk snap judgments without really knowing the details...there are about 40 pages in this thread starting early in the spring when a bunch of people did the same thing......
Happy to say I was one of the rational voices. Still bummed that a trade deal in my other dynasty league where a guy offered me Tyreek Hill for Matt Ryan + TY Hilton got pulled before I could accept. He must have sent it like 6 hours before the news broke that Hill would not be suspended and then yanked it. I would have still smash accepted though.

Only problem was I was at my wedding and had my phone on silent. Marriage killing me before it even started ....

How do we feel without Mahomes in the picture?

Feels like Hill loses the deep balls, but he's dangerous on screens and quick shots too, no?

Not a deep bomb but also not a little screen. Hill cut across then wheeled it up field and Moore hit him right in stride. Was a sure thing TD as soon as he caught it, was in full stride.
Hill was running a drag route.  Play broke down and Hill turned it up field and Moore was on the same page and put the throw over the top perfectly.

Not a deep bomb but also not a little screen. Hill cut across then wheeled it up field and Moore hit him right in stride. Was a sure thing TD as soon as he caught it, was in full stride.
Saw the play as it happened.  If Moore and Hill have decent chemistry like the play showed then it’s not that dire.  Obviously still a downgrade but not as bad as we thought.

Tyreek Hill caught 3-of-5 targets for 74 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 7 win over the Broncos.

Hill saved what was shaping up to be a disastrous night with a 57-yard touchdown late in the third quarter. Sweeping across the field, Hill got a step on Chris Harris and was off to the races with his unrivaled speed. Hill entered halftime with zero targets and without his starting quarterback, as Patrick Mahomes limped to the locker room late in the second quarter. That he still made a big play with Matt Moore was an excellent sign for the Chiefs going forward. The early word on Mahomes' injury is positive, but there remains a real chance he is sidelined for Week 8 vs. the Packers and beyond. Without Mahomes, Hill would become a highly-volatile, low-end WR1.

So frustrating to see Mahomes go down just the 2nd week after Tyreek's return. 

Only hope now is that they trade for a gunslinger like Fitz or they start using Tyreek like the Vikes did with Percy Harvin otherwise you have to drop him out of stud WR1 range and more into the mid/low WR1 range.

Stay healthy hill.   He will still be better than anything we were starting in his place the last month.   He can break good stuff all his own.  

Hill's value with Moore at QB will be around WR 25-30. Early reports on Mahomes are a minimum of 4 weeks to the entire season. Dislocated nee cap, MRI on Friday will confirm any ligament damage. Some sports doctors are already saying if he elects against surgery now he will have to have surgery in the offseason

Hill's value with Moore at QB will be around WR 25-30. Early reports on Mahomes are a minimum of 4 weeks to the entire season. Dislocated nee cap, MRI on Friday will confirm any ligament damage. Some sports doctors are already saying if he elects against surgery now he will have to have surgery in the offseason
WR 25-30 sounds really low to me. I’d say 10-15 range. They could also manufacture touches in the screen and running game for Hill.

For those with their toes on the ledge, just a gentle reminder that he was putting up a donut in the first half with Mahomes. It's certainly a downgrade for Hill from a fully healthy Mahomes but we already didn't have that going into last night. It's a cliche to say he only needs one play but it also happens to be true.

Let’s be real.  It’s a massive downgrade, bordering on Juju-level of direness.  
Yep.  I'll be trading him immediately once a Mahomes timeline is firmed up as out for the season.  Hill still holds long-term value to a rebuilder so I'll get very close to full price, but I'm not going to go through the 2019 roller coaster when I can get much more consistent production elsewhere.

For those with their toes on the ledge, just a gentle reminder that he was putting up a donut in the first half with Mahomes. It's certainly a downgrade for Hill from a fully healthy Mahomes but we already didn't have that going into last night. It's a cliche to say he only needs one play but it also happens to be true.
Yep. Last night was actually a pretty good case study of what to expect. A lot of empty drives, but always the potential of a big play. Some games, you'll get it. Maybe once or twice, you'll get more than one and a monster score. But there will also be some weeks where he'll put up close to zero. 

The ceiling is still high but the floor just caved in.

I gotta think (especially if the prognosis on Mahomes is bad) that they'll change things up and scheme easier ways to get their biggest playmaker more touches. More jet sweeps, more slants and screens, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread