Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, tombonneau said:

Oh great now your giving me second thoughts haha. I guess it's about minimizing regret. If Hill goes off I'd feel more a dope with him on my bench vs Brown. Because IMO Brown has more usage question marks. We have yet to see how McVay will divvy up touches sans Gurley. While I don't really believe much in Henderson you never know. Plus SF is a tough matchup. Hopefully they put Hill on ice one more week and it is moot. 

Aaaargh. This is why you should run your own team and go with your gut. Started Brown over Hill and it cost me the week. Only myself to blame. But dang I laid out my entire case about minimizing regret and here I am Monday morning with regret coming out of eyeballs. Will we ever learn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

Aaaargh. This is why you should run your own team and go with your gut. Started Brown over Hill and it cost me the week. Only myself to blame. But dang I laid out my entire case about minimizing regret and here I am Monday morning with regret coming out of eyeballs. Will we ever learn?

All my substitution possibilities or best balls in one of my leagues and I still would have lost by fifty, standard scoring, no bonuses, PPR, etc. So I've learned one thing: When you get your ### severely kicked by the auto-draft bot team in your league that the commish runs because some dude flaked on the league, you best be humble. And a touch angry with that guy, too. 

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

All my substitution possibilities or best balls in one of my leagues and I still would have lost by fifty, standard scoring, no bonuses, PPR, etc. So I've learned one thing: When you get your ### severely kicked by the auto-draft bot team in your league that the commish runs because some dude flaked on the league, you best be humble. And a touch angry with that guy, too. 

Lol, thanks I at least feel better I didn't lose to a zombie team.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Tyreek Hill caught 5-of-10 targets for 80 yards and two touchdowns in Kansas City's Week 6 loss to the Texans.

It was obvious Hill was healthy the moment Kansas City took the field as their first play went in his direction on a downfield fly route. Hill capped off the Chiefs' opening drive with a 46-yard catch between two defenders that took a valiant leap (and ensuing effort) on a free play that resulted in Kansas City going up 7-0. His second touchdown occurred on man-to-man coverage gone awry. With a team-high 10 targets under his belt in his first start since Week 1, it's clear Hill will be a lid-lifting matchup-proof WR1 in every game moving forward. Start him with confidence against the Broncos on Thursday.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He won me the week. :wub: 

Davonte Adams Can come back now please and thank you. :sadbanana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if any of the other KC WRs are still worth keeping or playing with Hill back.  I got Robinson and don't expect much from him going forward.  Anyone else feel the same?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamesinaz said:

Wondering if any of the other KC WRs are still worth keeping or playing with Hill back.  I got Robinson and don't expect much from him going forward.  Anyone else feel the same?

 

He wasn't doing anything before hill got back. I am dumping him quickly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So mad at myself for letting him go for a song when I thought he was done in the league during the off-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just FYI, Denver currently gives up least fantasy points to WRs (in my scoring format at least)

2018 tyreek vs. denver

4 tar, 3 rec 70 yds

13 tar, 9 rec, 54 yds

2017 tyreek vs. denver

6 tar, 2 rec 38 yds (only pllayed against denver once this year)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iamkoza said:

Just FYI, Denver currently gives up least fantasy points to WRs (in my scoring format at least)

2018 tyreek vs. denver

4 tar, 3 rec 70 yds

13 tar, 9 rec, 54 yds

2017 tyreek vs. denver

6 tar, 2 rec 38 yds (only pllayed against denver once this year)

 

Chris Harris is a very good defensive back.

Still starting Tyreek. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

So mad at myself for letting him go for a song when I thought he was done in the league during the off-season.

you weren't alone in making self righteous knee jerk snap judgments without really knowing the details...there are about 40 pages in this thread starting early in the spring when a bunch of people did the same thing......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

you weren't alone in making self righteous knee jerk snap judgments without really knowing the details...there are about 40 pages in this thread starting early in the spring when a bunch of people did the same thing......

Happy to say I was one of the rational voices. Still bummed that a trade deal in my other dynasty league where a guy offered me Tyreek Hill for Matt Ryan + TY Hilton got pulled before I could accept. He must have sent it like 6 hours before the news broke that Hill would not be suspended and then yanked it. I would have still smash accepted though.

Only problem was I was at my wedding and had my phone on silent. Marriage killing me before it even started ....

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do we feel without Mahomes in the picture?

Feels like Hill loses the deep balls, but he's dangerous on screens and quick shots too, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smcindoe said:

How do we feel without Mahomes in the picture?

Feels like Hill loses the deep balls, but he's dangerous on screens and quick shots too, no?

Nope, long night with Moore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical. I do this to every player I've ever had on my fantasy team. Without fail. I'll ruin them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PigSkinMan said:

If Mahomes is out next week this really blows. Means Tyreek would only been useful once in the first 8 weeks. 

Based on early speculation I think we need to worry about a lot more than just next week for Mahomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PigSkinMan said:

If Mahomes is out next week this really blows. Means Tyreek would only been useful once in the first 8 weeks. 

If? Mahomes ain’t playing next week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PigSkinMan said:

If Mahomes is out next week this really blows. Means Tyreek would only been useful once in the first 8 weeks. 

 

1 minute ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Based on early speculation I think we need to worry about a lot more than just next week for Mahomes.

Um yeah, he's going to be out for quite a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

 

Um yeah, he's going to be out for quite a while. 

My bad, haven’t even seen the injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not watching the game. How did it happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Not watching the game. How did it happen? 

Not a deep bomb but also not a little screen. Hill cut across then wheeled it up field and Moore hit him right in stride. Was a sure thing TD as soon as he caught it, was in full stride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not gonna lie....that helped

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smcindoe said:

Not a deep bomb but also not a little screen. Hill cut across then wheeled it up field and Moore hit him right in stride. Was a sure thing TD as soon as he caught it, was in full stride.

Hill was running a drag route.  Play broke down and Hill turned it up field and Moore was on the same page and put the throw over the top perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smcindoe said:

Not a deep bomb but also not a little screen. Hill cut across then wheeled it up field and Moore hit him right in stride. Was a sure thing TD as soon as he caught it, was in full stride.

Saw the play as it happened.  If Moore and Hill have decent chemistry like the play showed then it’s not that dire.  Obviously still a downgrade but not as bad as we thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Saw the play as it happened.  If Moore and Hill have decent chemistry like the play showed then it’s not that dire.  Obviously still a downgrade but not as bad as we thought.

Let’s be real.  It’s a massive downgrade, bordering on Juju-level of direness.  

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, joffer said:

not gonna lie....that helped

Not just helped but possibly a weekend saver. A goose would have been dire.

13 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Let’s be real.  It’s a massive downgrade, bordering on Juju-level of direness.  

Let’s just say certain downgrade. What remains to be seen is how massive - if Hill’s talent supersedes the QB’s talent he may be serviceable, but not elite. 

We’ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Let’s be real.  It’s a massive downgrade, bordering on Juju-level of direness.  

Moore is not a year 2 QB like Mason Rudolph.  Juju is a WR3.  Hill stays at least WR2 low end WR1.  The offense is entirely different from Pitt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Tyreek Hill caught 3-of-5 targets for 74 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 7 win over the Broncos.

Hill saved what was shaping up to be a disastrous night with a 57-yard touchdown late in the third quarter. Sweeping across the field, Hill got a step on Chris Harris and was off to the races with his unrivaled speed. Hill entered halftime with zero targets and without his starting quarterback, as Patrick Mahomes limped to the locker room late in the second quarter. That he still made a big play with Matt Moore was an excellent sign for the Chiefs going forward. The early word on Mahomes' injury is positive, but there remains a real chance he is sidelined for Week 8 vs. the Packers and beyond. Without Mahomes, Hill would become a highly-volatile, low-end WR1.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So frustrating to see Mahomes go down just the 2nd week after Tyreek's return. 

 

Only hope now is that they trade for a gunslinger like Fitz or they start using Tyreek like the Vikes did with Percy Harvin otherwise you have to drop him out of stud WR1 range and more into the mid/low WR1 range.

Edited by Nucker101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay healthy hill.   He will still be better than anything we were starting in his place the last month.   He can break good stuff all his own.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hill's value with Moore at QB will be around WR 25-30. Early reports on Mahomes are a minimum of 4 weeks to the entire season. Dislocated nee cap, MRI on Friday will confirm any ligament damage. Some sports doctors are already saying if he elects against surgery now he will have to have surgery in the offseason

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.