What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 5 (1 Viewer)

Decreasing exposure from Eagles running game, Lacy and Blount and towards Howard, D Washington, and Bell this morning.  Fade me for profit.  :loco:

GPP #1: QB - Roethlisberger, RB1 - M. Gordon / RB2 - McKinnon, WR1 - Brown / WR2 - J. Nelson / WR3 - S. Coates, TE - Tye, K - Nugent, DEF - Minn

GPP #2: QB - Lynch, RB1 - D. Murray, RB2 - CJ Anderson, WR1 - Brown / WR2 - Sanders / WR3 - R. Woods, TE - Barnidge, K - Crosby, DEF - Phl

Obviously, the uniqueness in #2 is going to come from Barnidge & Woods. For Woods, it's a homecoming game of sorts, playing in front of family with Watkins on IR; it's his time to shine if he's ever going to do it, against a Rams DEF that has only given up 2 TD's to WR's in four games, but, has also given up 847 yards to WR's. Barnidge - hey, somebody in Cleveland has to catch a pass, right? It's the ultimate dart-throw.

In #1, Coates is going to be the boom-or-bust dart throw that will be dependent on catching a long TD, which is clearly in play. Tye - Donnell is out & GB's DEF, while not giving up earth-shattering numbers to TE's, shows that they can give up something and this game has shoot-out potential. Tye has put up numbers before when Donnell was hurt. We shall see.
 I like both of these for gpp- nice combo of solid floor guys and some fliers with upside

i keep coming back to the combo of jmatt and ertz in cash games.  pretty cheap way to capture a lot of the philly passing game which i think we all feel will do well today.

If you need a cheap (4500) sleeper I like Cam Meredith WR Bears. He's starting on the outside in place of White and could have some chemistry with Hoyer as they worked on the 2nd team together. I have him and Hoyer in a gpp
Royal is active today now how much he will play who knows.

Shouldn't affect his snap count as Royal is the slot receiver but with him and Miller both active it will affect his targets. Still good enough for a gpp play but not usable for cash or season long.

Four Cash Game LU this week.............

Thur/Mon - Ben, DJ, Wash, Edel,SS, AB, Rudolph, Crosby, Minn.

Sun Only - ARod, Howard, Mckin, TY, Jordy, Inman, Ertz, McManus, Minn

Sun Only - Brady, Bell, Wash, OBJ, Coop, Marsh, Z. Mill, Crosby, Minn

Sun/Mon - Anderson, Bell, Wash, OBJ, AJ, AB, Z. Mill, McManus, Minn

If you need a cheap (4500) sleeper I like Cam Meredith WR Bears. He's starting on the outside in place of White and could have some chemistry with Hoyer as they worked on the 2nd team together. I have him and Hoyer in a gpp

Thank you sir. Just wish I would have started him in more lineups. Good call!

Had a bad run the last three weeks with injuries, got tired of bankroll management at cheeseburger stakes, went all in on a bunch of 3 player 1pm only contests with the same lineup.

QB: T. Brady
RB: J. Howard
RB: T. Riddick
WR: A. Brown
WR: J. Edelman
WR: K. Stills (Donut)
TE: M. Bennett
K: N. Folk
D: Patriots

147 pts, good for a clean sweep and a triple up we back.  :excited:

Actually ran into a dude in all of them that started Meredith, was sweating it for a while only beat him by 5 pts in all of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job. I need gurly and/or washington to do something or its another losing week for me

best line-up so far... Still have Eli + OBJ to go

Eli

Bell

McKinnon (bleh)

OBJ

Hilton

Tyrell Williams

Richard Rodgers

Vinatieri

Patriots D

I think ALL my rbs were whiffs, but a few of my ideas were ok for gpp.  Haven't looked at the actual scoring, but my Brady stack and Ben stacks should be doing alright.  Problem is they were with guys like Powell, Washington, and McKinnon who did zip, so no shot at real $, but cashing is still fun.  

If obj has a big night annot too highly owned it could cash b. ut Nugent and Anderson didn't pull their weight. Won both my $2 50/50s but lost both 1$ 50/50s so need it to hit to show a profit for the week.
I am pulling for OBJ too, but Eli looks like dog #### tonight  

Gonna be a positive week for me,  but still in  the red after last weeks cam/Hopkins debacle.   Would have been a really nice if game flow would have followed predicted  script with Anderson and Hill.   Baby steps. 

Wow.  Some pretty high cash lines this week.  Looks like all my double ups were all at 126-128 this week.  I should end up very slightly positive, but that is frustrating to see.  Usually 120 gets you some $, but I had one cash lineup in five times that got 121, but lost all five by 5-6 points.  Even more frustrating is my lineup with 131.28 points that missed their 3x line by less than .5pts three times.  Oh well, I guess means I am on the right track at least, so that's the good thing.  The bad thing is it's my gpps that are keeping me in the slightly positive, and it probably shouldn't be the case.  Might have to rethink my cash lineups and strategy. 

On the plus side, I had my 2 best gpp lineups ever both this week- two both near the top 1%.  My Sunday one finished just outside of the top 1% with 162.60 points.  This is the Ben lineup with the Rb duds:

Ben/Mckinnon/Powell/AB/Marshall/Cooper/Bennett/Crosby/Minn.   Can't complain - got $6 from my $1. 

The other one is still live = the Thurs - Mon Oakheart Squib, and it's sitting at 164.24 with K.Benjamin to go:

Brady/DJ/Howard/K.Benj/Matthews/Hogan/Bennett/Adam/Philly

I am sure there will be more movement with people stacking the Monday night game, but right now #1 is at 197 points.  A big game from Benjamin vs. the TB defense could get me near the top and maybe at least get $40-$50 (tops is 4K).  I was poking around randomly, and all the top scorers I clicked on are done and don't have any MNF players going.  I will be yelling at the screen tomorrow night!  Have 0 clue what the ownership on Benjamin would be, but seemed like there was a bit of talk of people doing a DA/KB/Olsen stack, but this is a Thursday contest, so maybe the QB uncertainty chased people away a bit. 

I finished all and all pretty good with one of my 3 cash LU's scoring 156 this week, and that was with Washington sucking at RB. Him and McKinnon killed me this week. Value RB's didn't pay off and neither did value TE's. 

Oh yea, so much for Tevin Coleman not playing much this week! 

Crocket Gillmore, c'mon man!

Wagered 8 and won 7.20 so down .80 for the week. Best lineup was a thu-mon 50/50 that scored 149.66 despite Washington at RB.

Got 129.38 from my Hoyer/Meredith gpp but cut line was 131.26

My 2nd best lineup scored 146.6. It cashed in 50/50 and advanced me to last round of 5 week survivor but cash line was 148.44.

Worst lineup was a Manning led gpp that also included Sheppard, AJ Green and Washington that scored 77.6-lol

All my losing lineups had Washington,Anderson and Nugent in some combination-if I had just stuck with Crosby for all I'd have at least $3 profit for the week.

My stinker of the week scored 80. Will finish the week up, missed my $5 50/50 by 2 pts, thanks McKinnon/Washington

First 0-fer in tournaments all year.  RB/TE did me in.  Cashed in the FBG 50/50 going 5/5 so far.  I think I'm going to overhaul my cash/gpp ratio next week.

Well that didn't go well. My Carr lineup was OK, but not net positive. My Ben lineup (primary cash) was a dumpster fire. This is why we practice bankroll management. 

Seeing high cash lines as well, ~127 in big Double Ups.  Thankfully on the right side of that in most of my main slate games. Brady anchored one lineup, and Vinatieri anchored the other   :thumbup:

Have some Evans left in my Thu-Mon but need a lot from him. Still kicking myself for fading DJ.  

Rough week for me as I only played in GPPs on FanDuel. 

CJ Anderson really hurt me. Had him in ~80% of my FD lineups. Which also led me to 0% Zeke ownership for the first time this season. 

Way too much Ertz/Rudolph at TE and only a few Bennett lineups, which was also a killer in GPPs. 

Only slight hope to do any real damage is a shootout tonight. Have a lineup at 110 with Anderson, Benjamin, Evans upcoming, but would need 20+ from each guy to really make a move. 

My Brady/Bennett LU was one of those Sportsrich freerolls so I got nothing for it.  OOOPS

Freaking crazy that my Rodgers cash LU didn't cash with 122.  My Brady and Big Ben LU's did cash with 125 and 127.  Could have been the clean sweep I've been waiting for.  Those scores struggled in the GPP realm, so basically breaking even again I'd say.  Oakheart 153pts was my best GPP LU.

Made it to the final week of a 5 week survivor, I guess that's good.  Not sure what the payouts are. :shrug:

Didn't do much research this week besides on Tuesday but locked in Sunday AM and did some research. I roll out one LU and am 95% cash games. I had the nuts at WR besides Coates. RBs were such a dud for me. I struggled all week. I liked Forte and McCoy but they both didnt do amazing either. Riddick was the same price as McKinnon so I am kicking myself for that. I ended up sweeping all the 50/50s, cashed in the 2 GPPS I enter, won a few 3 mans(lost 1) and lost a h2h also.. Weird week. I usually either nail the WRs or RBs and QB.

Luck

Anderson

McKinnon

Amari

Marshall

Hilton
Ertz

Crosby

Bills D

Anybody play the smaller slates, and if so what is the strategy there?

Thought about putting in something for a Mon-Thurs, but didn't know if it was worth it.  I assume it's harder since there is little variation on who to play, but was curious on thoughts.

Thought about putting in something for a Mon-Thurs, but didn't know if it was worth it.  I assume it's harder since there is little variation on who to play, but was curious on thoughts.
You have to think different, in order to do well in 3 or less team GPPs you have to have someone go off that few will have.  The toughest part of these GPPs is the urge to use the entire salary, doing so will limit any success you may have.

For example for this Sun-Mon night GPP I went with who I felt would be the lowest owned QB-Winston, I knew they had RB problems so I went with JRodgers, stacked it with MEvans, reached on the GB TE Rodgers and then went with the WRs Nelson/ODB and Lacy

Also played a

Anderson

JRodgers/Lacy

ODB/JNelson/Evans

Olsen

Crosby

GB

Generally hammer the MNF game for 2/3's of your lineup.  Once in a while the Thurs game looks juicy.  This week is an oddball because you have DA and Jaquizz as low salary plays tonight.  I'm hearing Semien is back for TNF but that's risky, but that doesn't seem to matter for the Den WRs.

I did a SNF/MNF last week just for the action and cashed it.  

You got my juices flowing so this is what I put together.

DA, Jaquizz, Gordon, Evans, Thomas, Sanders, Olsen, Gano, Denver

My debate is really CJ vs Gordon...and how to mix it up with the Den WR's and Kelvin.  They all can be used interchangeably.

Another week and another misfire... :kicksrock:

Scored 145 points in the 5 week Survivor match-up so that was great..
But no "Money" so far and I haven't been lucky enough that I feel I have a chance to win it all this week as even that nice score was only good enough for 5,900 place..
That lineup was:    Wentz, Gordan, McKinnon, Jordy Nelson, Cooper, Hilton, Ertz, Vinatieri, Vikings.

The Lineup I used for FBG $10 Doubleup, which I thought was very solid, missed out by 2 points of winning :(
Wentz, CJ Anderson, Levon Bell, Jordy Nelson, Crabtree, Beasley, Rudolph, Vinatieri, Vikings .

Onto Week 6

I look at the games and make my prediction as to who I think will win, then determine what has to happen for that to happen. With just 2 games something like game flow can have a bigger impact. For gpp you have to think a little outside the box. You can usually have all the best guys, so you have to get creative. I think you and I play about the same stakes games, $1-$2 mostly, I usually do a $5 50/50 each week too. 

I don't like the mon-Thursday slate so much this week. I do have a gpp and a cash game going though. Stacked TB/den guys for gpp. 

I look at the games and make my prediction as to who I think will win, then determine what has to happen for that to happen. With just 2 games something like game flow can have a bigger impact. For gpp you have to think a little outside the box. You can usually have all the best guys, so you have to get creative. I think you and I play about the same stakes games, $1-$2 mostly, I usually do a $5 50/50 each week too. 

I don't like the mon-Thursday slate so much this week. I do have a gpp and a cash game going though. Stacked TB/den guys for gpp. 
How are the cutlines in these games compared to others?  Are they fairly consistent, or do they vary wildly depending on the 2 games being played? 

How are the cutlines in these games compared to others?  Are they fairly consistent, or do they vary wildly depending on the 2 games being played? 
They vary, but usually if it's high scoring it's because there is a definite favorite and there are a lot of people on that team. 

Seeing high cash lines as well, ~127 in big Double Ups.  Thankfully on the right side of that in most of my main slate games. Brady anchored one lineup, and Vinatieri anchored the other   :thumbup:

Have some Evans left in my Thu-Mon but need a lot from him. Still kicking myself for fading DJ.  
Had a line up of just over 134 on a straight double-up - 50/50 ...... and lost out on cashing by less than 1/2 a point. Any other time, a score like that is money. 

Well, won $1 more in that gpp with K.Benj going last night.  Ended up with 173.74 and finished in the top 275 out of almost 59K entries.  Positive I am going to stick to is that at least I know I am on the right track and it was definitely more fun watching that #### game.  Negative is that the top scores didn't move during the game, so if KB was having the game we thought he could, it could have been a damn nice night.

Still, I won overall last week and my $25 is at $55 now on the year.  On to week 6!!

Users who are viewing this thread