What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should I do this trade? Julio.. (1 Viewer)

sully56

Footballguy
I just traded for Julio last week.  My team sucks, im lucky to be 2-2.  I drafted Watkins, Rawls and Decker.  All 3 hurt and may not play again this year.  I traded away Jeffrey and L Murray last week to get Julio just so I could flip Julio for better players.  Im in trade talks with another team owner right now and there are 2 offers that we are talking about.. 1 is I give up Julio for Fuller, C Mike and Crowell... Other is Julio for Cooper and Crowell and Dixon... Do you guys do either?  I have to do something for an RB, there is nothing on the wire and the rest of my roster is below

QB Carr, Prescott  RB Ware, HIll  WR Julio, J Brown, A Hurns, Decker, Beasley, K Wright, Lockett  TE Kelce, Z Miller.

.5 PPR 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 Flex

If you're determined to sell Julio, his value will never be higher than it is now, coming off a 300 yard game and with Denver and Seattle defenses next on the schedule.  I'm honestly surprised you were able to get Julio for what you paid...but kudos to you for pulling it off. 

Of those two options I think I would lean towards Option 1, since you get Michael and Crowell back.  You only named two RBs on your roster, so I assume you have no others?  

Personally I'd rather see if you could flip Ware + Hurns or Ware + Brown for Crowell or something like that. 

I would try and keep Julio and look to flip some other players for RB upgrades if possible.  Julio is a guy that can win a week as you just witnessed.  I don't see that changing and typically the 1 for 3 deals favor the guy getting the 1.

Fuller, C-Mike and Crowell is good value personally. 

Both RBs can be in your line up. Same with Fuller.

Agrred with the post above.  Using my league scoring as a reference (full PPR and some bonuses):

Crowell averages 21 + Micheal averages 17 + Fuller 20 = 58 ppg

Ware averages 17 + Hill averages 11 + Julio 27 = 55 ppg

So you're gaining 3 ppg, you're not relying on one player (Julio's 27) for the bulk of the points, and Julio's average is inflated with the recent 62 point game.  Ware's numbers may drop with Charles' return, but Hill's should increase throughout the year, so that's a wash.    Cleveland has figured out how to use Crowell, and when the QB situation stabilizes, his numbers could go up.  I don't see Michael losing his spot with Rawls return.  Michael has run like this all preseason and is following it up in regular season.

Agrred with the post above.  Using my league scoring as a reference (full PPR and some bonuses):

Crowell averages 21 + Micheal averages 17 + Fuller 20 = 58 ppg

Ware averages 17 + Hill averages 11 + Julio 27 = 55 ppg

So you're gaining 3 ppg, you're not relying on one player (Julio's 27) for the bulk of the points, and Julio's average is inflated with the recent 62 point game.  Ware's numbers may drop with Charles' return, but Hill's should increase throughout the year, so that's a wash.    Cleveland has figured out how to use Crowell, and when the QB situation stabilizes, his numbers could go up.  I don't see Michael losing his spot with Rawls return.  Michael has run like this all preseason and is following it up in regular season.
Despite your math, I'd be hard-pressed to give up Julio for a rookie WR (Fuller) , a Browns RB and the volatile Michael.   Yes, they've all done well this season.  But I could see scenarios where they're all buy highs at the moment.

I would dig deep to find another RB to complement Ware/Hill - who aren't terrible.

Despite your math, I'd be hard-pressed to give up Julio for a rookie WR (Fuller) , a Browns RB and the volatile Michael.   Yes, they've all done well this season.  But I could see scenarios where they're all buy highs at the moment.

I would dig deep to find another RB to complement Ware/Hill - who aren't terrible.
I agree with this, usually.  I guess it just comes down to the stock market and how we evaluate the stocks.  I don't see Fuller as just a rookie.  Hopkins is getting the coverage and Fuller is benefiting.  I don't see that changing.  I get the RB on a bad team thing, but somehow Crowell just keeps doing it.  I read great things about Micheal in the spring, was told he would take over for Rawls, and SO FAR it's true.  Bottom line, it's just how we evaluate things at the time.    Trust me, I hear you, and I could end up being completely wrong, but since he didn't have Julio anyways, he could look at the worst case scenario being that he got Crowell/Michael/Fuller for Jeffery/L.Murray.

Users who are viewing this thread