What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Been offerred trade (1 Viewer)

glh2051

Footballguy
Been offered Marvin Jones and Langford (or Ajayi) for Forte and Michael Thomas

PPR league where we start 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 flex.

My current RB are Elliot, Forte, Jones, Jennings & DWash

My current WR are Evans, Landry, Crabtree, M Thomas, G tate.

starting lineup if do deal: Carr (QB), Elliot (RB1), Matt Jones (RB2), Evans (WR1), Landry (WR2), Marvin Jones (WR3),Miller (TE), Crabtree (FL).

bench would be Jennings, DWash, Ajayi, Alfred Morris, Tate

starting lineup no deal     Carr (QB), Elliot (RB1), Forte (RB2), Evans (WR1), Landry (WR2), Crabtree (WR3),Miller (TE), Matt Jones (or M thomas) (FL).

bench if no deal Jennings, DWash, alfred morris, M thomas (or Matt Jones), Tate

basically upgrading lineup from Forte to Marvin Jones, but depleting depth on my roster, leaving weak RB2/3.

Any help is appreciated and will be returned if you leave a link.

thanks

Thanks for answering mine.  I would do the deal and get Marvin.  I just believe that, as usual, Forte will somehow get injured and Jones is playing well. 

forte has been one of the most durable backs in the league for most of his career.  i think the deal leaves you too weak at RB, i would pass

You're basically upgrading your flex (with the fourth quality receiver) and downgrading your RB.  Flex points count just as much as RB points, so I think that's fine.  There have to be usage concerns with Forte - Powell's snap count has been rising, and a 50/50 time share would make a lot of sense for the Jets, instead of the insane workload Forte had the first two weeks.  So I do think it is more likely that Jones puts up big numbers (on a team with no running game at all) than it does that Forte puts up big numbers.  So I guess yeah, I'd take hte deal.

Thanks for answering mine.

Hmm, It's close for me but I think I would slightly lean towards doing the deal although I wouldn't blame you from staying away from it. Forte's health is obviously a concern, there's no way he's going to continue being used as he has been so far. Langford's health and Jordan Howard's emergence while he's gone is another concern for me, and how that leaves Langford once he's back. Although all in all, I would probably pull the trigger on this one.

Thanks for answering my question!

Thomas is going to have a solid season I feel. He and Brees seem to be developing a good chemistry. But with Powell eating into Forte's touches I don't think he'll be as productive going forward. 

Ajayi has better upside than Langford. Even if he (Langford) didn't get hurt, Howard was going to take his job. Barring injury to Howard, he won't be worth much going forward. Although that Miami backfield is a bit of a mess right now, Foster and his glass knees should give Ajayi plenty of opportunity now that Gase wants to move away from the rbbc. 

For me it's a close call, but I'd take the trade and stash Ajayi for a couple. Jones is the clear cut number 1 in The D, Thomas, though great thus far, is one of many in NO.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/749324-ppr-trade-offer-cincy-boys-for-frank-gore/

Users who are viewing this thread