What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HOF weekend in Canton - Anyone been? (1 Viewer)

Hooper31

Footballguy
Good chance that my favorite player gets into the HOF in 2017. When I first became an NFL fan Kenny Easley was terrorizing the AFC West. His 1984 defensive MVP season was awesome to watch as a kid. He'll be the lone senior's committee nominee next year. 

Wife and I are considering a trip to Canton for the induction ceremony. Found this information via the HOF website. 
https://hofexperiences.com/2017-pro-football-hall-of-fame

Would love to know if the packages they offer are worth it. Can someone just show up and get into hear the speeches? How hard is it to get into stuff like the gold jacket ceremony? Any information that someone has would be appreciated. 

I went in 2008 when Art Monk and Darrell Green were inducted. It was a last minute trip so not well organized. All of the hotels in Canton were booked so we ended up staying in downtown Cleveland and then driving the 45 minutes/1 hour to and from Canton. So, book your hotel early. Also, I didn't end up getting in to the HOF because the line was too long, too many damn Redskins fans. We went to the induction ceremony, I don't recall if we bought our tickets in advance. It was a cool environment though and I hope to get back at some point so I can actually tour the HOF.

Last time bump. 
I grew up in Western, Pa. and now live in the south.   I was up visiting and my mom mentioned that Dan Marino was going into the HOF.   I took it as she wanted to go, so we did a day trip. (Steve Young was also inducted that day too.)  So I was not there for the weekend just a long day.   It was brutal hot so that had a huge effect on our experience.   I spent over 50 bucks just on water for 3 people but overall it was a good time.  You park in someones front yard and walk to the ceremony.  I enjoyed the speeches and experience.  

I guess you need to decide how bad you want to see Easley inducted.   I am not an autograph guy or itch to meet the players, but if you enjoy that those packages seem to give you access.   The only thing I regret is not walking through the HOF, which I will hopefully do some other time.   It's not much to go on but I hope it helps.

I grew up in Western, Pa. and now live in the south.   I was up visiting and my mom mentioned that Dan Marino was going into the HOF.   I took it as she wanted to go, so we did a day trip. (Steve Young was also inducted that day too.)  So I was not there for the weekend just a long day.   It was brutal hot so that had a huge effect on our experience.   I spent over 50 bucks just on water for 3 people but overall it was a good time.  You park in someones front yard and walk to the ceremony.  I enjoyed the speeches and experience.  

I guess you need to decide how bad you want to see Easley inducted.   I am not an autograph guy or itch to meet the players, but if you enjoy that those packages seem to give you access.   The only thing I regret is not walking through the HOF, which I will hopefully do some other time.   It's not much to go on but I hope it helps.
Thanks. Anything helps as I'm starting from zero. 

Users who are viewing this thread