What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL player celebrations - a POLL (1 Viewer)

Are you offended/upset/bothered by NFL player celebrations?

• Total voters

mr. furley

Footballguy
some of us work, some of us are teachers, most of us are middle-aged or approaching. we grew up watching the NFL. some of us fondly recall the Redskins and Dolphins group celebrations. some think Barry Sanders is the pinnacle of athletic humility and a model for America's children.

my question is, when Antonio Brown scores a touchdown and mimics like he's grinding on your wife's ### are you ready to fight the first brown person you see outside? or do you not even notice because you're daydreaming about Hillary Clinton saving America?

I'm in the middle. Depends upon why the celebration is occurring and what is done. TD with the Sperman? Fine. Dancing because the guy you got burnt by dropped the ball? Not so much. 

I've got no problem with Antonio Brown getting fined.

Actually my bigger problem is that the coach didn't walk over to him after and say, "Nice touchdown. Ever twerk on our field again and you're on the bench for the next quarter."

This is a business that markets itself to kids. Brown needs to ####### grow up.

I've got no problem with Antonio Brown getting fined.

Actually my bigger problem is that the coach didn't walk over to him after and say, "Nice touchdown. Ever twerk on our field again and you're on the bench for the next quarter."

This is a business that markets itself to kids. Brown needs to ####### grow up.
bench his best player for.... dancing?

do you make your kids turn away when they show the cheerleaders dancing? because they get shown wearing bikinis a lot more than Antonio Brown scores td's.

"Nice work in today's meeting, Greg. If i ever catch you high-fiving after you close a big deal again i'm going to chop your ####### hands off. Then you're going to report to work the next day and sell some more. Got it?"

do you make your kids turn away when they show the cheerleaders dancing? because they get shown wearing bikinis a lot more than Antonio Brown scores td's.
Do you show your kids videos of people twerking?

Do you show your kids videos of people twerking?
i don't make a point of playing videos of people dancing for my kids

1) i don't watch dancing videos

2) my kids watch cartoons and the related kids shows. pretty sure it wouldn't be the first time they saw something as heinous and offensive as twerking. i think that Dora even did it once.

insofar as i'm aware they haven't been permanently scarred as a result

maybe that's what is wrong with America, though. it all started when ladies were allowed to show their ankles and dance the Charleston. AMERICA WASN'T READY FOR THAT LEVEL OF PERVERSION!

Celebrate TDs all you want, how you want.  Isnt the point to score?

Celebrate tackling a guy that just ran for 20 yards?  Celebrate because you got a 1st down with 5 mins to go in the 4th losing 31-14?  Cmon.

Went from watching 10+ hours of NFL football a week to about one half of the Lions games. I don`t care if they simulate sex with the goal posts after a TD, or helmet to helmet hits, or deflate and bounty gate or sit, kneel squat or lay down for the national anthem.  The NFL has added so many rules and regulations. Also have added 25 minutes more of commercials over the last 5 years. All the down time for reviews and commercials and that every NFL team basically plays the same style...some just better than others makes it tougher to watch.

I found out that there are many fun things to do in the fall on Sundays and I just check my phone for scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Icky Shuffle & TO's sharpie ? :D .  AB's twerk? :rolleyes:

Just give them their own dancing with the football stars show or a preseason hard knocks with auditions for celebrations. Top twenty in each category (Sack, TD, Wild Card) get to do their thing during the season. Your shtick loses and you make a big play week 6? Just sit down and ####.

Or maybe they should save all the td/sack/1st down direction notifications for their own half time show. Can't be any worse than listening to Dion or Irvin  :hophead:

Could generally care less, but even Key and Peele  made fun of the sexual suggestiveness of some of the dances, so it's not just old fashioned moral police that saw the ridiculousness of some of them. Could generally care less. I dislike the frivolous ones -- the ones where you spin the ball after a five yard gain. Annoying. Voted 8.

I wouldn't say I'm offended by celebrations.  Do I like them?  Hell no.  I admire a player like Walter Payton, score a TD and hand the ball to the official.  Act like you have done it before.

I put an 8, because overall I couldn't care less about the celebrations, but there are some minor things that bug me. Things like:

1) It's a fairly meaningless 3rd and 3 in the middle of the game and the guy celebrates like he's just won the Superbowl.
2) Whole team celebrations that take time away from the game.
3) Things like throat-cut mimics.

Another that I heard on Dan Patrick this morning was how it was interesting that they penalize a team for a twerk like Antonio Brown being sexually offensnive, then pan the camera to the scantily clad cheerleaders. Hmmm...

I wouldn't say I'm offended by celebrations.  Do I like them?  Hell no.  I admire a player like Walter Payton, score a TD and hand the ball to the official.  Act like you have done it before.
This.

If your annoyance for celebration extends beyond eye-rolling, loosen up.

I was a big fan of Victor Cruz' salsa ?, but I love that Amari Cooper quietly tosses the ball to the official when he scores, and only gets hyped when his teammate does something big.

I'm going to lobby for a one-time exemption for rookies scoring their first TD because , ya know, they've never done it before.

I will handle this the way I handled the  Kap discussion.

The players have the right to dance and the NFL has the right to fine them.  At some point they'll stop dancing  when it becomes too expensive.

Plus doesn't all the fine money go to something good?  So it's like a charitable contribution at the end of the day. 

I assume it wasn't the dancing specifically, but how about the coach setting the expectation that if you do some dumb #### that nets the team a 15 yard penalty, there will be consequences?  Seems like a coach-ish thing to do to me.

Just hand the ball to the ref.  This is a team game and the team helped you score that touchdown, get one yard for the first down, get that sack, etc.  Quit trying to make it all about yourself.

I wish that these celebrations that they do were not dead ball fouls and they make it part of the play.  Oops, 15-yard penalty, no TD.

That would stop this childish ####.
Childish?

The game is still entertainment. Many fans, including myself, enjoy the celebrations (as long as they don't go over the line or disrupt the gameflow).

Some of you guys come across as grumpy, no fun having, old dudes.

I voted 3.  I am certainly not offended by them, but 90% of the time I think they are stupid.

I like most the celebrations but don't like when they grab their junk. Seems kind of crude and there are alot of kids watching. I like creativity though.

Users who are viewing this thread